ICBORS+ Community | Joby Privilege

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Spam / Test' started by Anvil, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Anvil

Anvil Donator

IGN:
    Anvil
    Level:
    Guild:
    Guildless
    [​IMG]
    By Frenzeys, ICBORS+ member (Islander, Camper, Beginner, Oddjob, Roadies, Snow-lander)

"Did you know 1/2 beginners get discriminated because of their job..."

In the world of MapleRoyals, I (as well as many other members of the community) realized that a number of people on the server have what we like to call... "Joby Privilege"

The first thing that comes to many (or rather 95% of you) is... "What the F$%@! How can I, (a Cis-Jobbed player) have privilege? I had to start new, and learn from the community and beg for mesoes!" well first of all, besides that comment showing a blatant amount of privilege... The best way for me to explain it is this:

If you can leave Maple Island and get a job, then basically you have Joby Privilege.

However, before many of you get mad, and spam me with messages let me explain to you why you have joby privilege and how you, a member of the joby community can understand and recognize your privilege, and understand what we (members of the ICBORS+ community have to go through.)

What is the ICBORS+ Community?
    Well as I explain from up top, the ICBORS+ Community or the Islander, Camper, Beginner, Oddjob, Roadie, and Snow-Lander are a community of the oppressed players who have to go through the constant struggle of the Jobiarchy. Islanders have to stay on the island so they don't have to be oppressed whilst beginners have to sacrifice themselves to live in a false-jobbie narrative of the world. As well as this, the ICBORS community has many major obstacles that we still have to overcome on MapleRoyals this includes but not limited too:
    • Job Discrimination From High-Level Guilds: As many know, guilds like Tempest, Arcady, Valiant, etc. Refuse to accept Beginner folk because of the Job they were assigned to at creation.
    • GM's not including ICBORS+ Folk into community Events: The controversial thread where members of the islander community were denied and shunned by the jobbies and the GM's because we wanted equality.
    • Weapon & Armor Variety: A Simple one, but still something that the GM's still don't recognize in our community.
    • The Jobiarchy: Currently, in MapleRoyals; we live in a world where having a Job is normal, and selling maps is considered okay, unfortunately, most members of the ICBORS+ community do not have these advantages that jobbies have.
    • Assuming There Jobs: Currently, and especially in the Oddjob community, many Jobbies will not accept Oddjobs on boss runs or even on Zak-Runs because of the build they're running.
    • No Representation: As a member of the ICBORS+ Community I decided to ask Sila her thoughts on Jobbie privilege in her twitch chat, and she never even replied, this proves that we still have a long way to go and how the Jobiarchy affected the minds of our youth.
    • BeginnerPhobia: Beside the Jobiarchy, Beginnerphobia is strong within the MapleRoyal community and many Beginner find it difficult to feel "Accepted" into society.

What is Joby Privilege?

I'm glad you asked! Joby Privilege is when a Joby has an advantage over a Beginner, an excellent example of this is when a Joby can go to Zak without the fear of being denied because of his Job, another example is simply by getting a job achievement.

List of Jobbie Privileges:
    • Elemental Wands getting a nerf, then rebuffed during new source
    • Thieves Flash-Jump Ability
    • Fm-Warp (and GM Representation) Thread
    • Zak-Runs
    • Good HP Washing
    • Fear of not worrying about being discriminated because of your job
    • Guides for jobbies
    • Acess to the FM market
    • Having multiple amounts of communities and not just a single thread...
    • Variety of Weapons and Armor
    • End Game Content
    • Unique Medals
    • Ability to Join GM-Based Events
    • Multiple Amounts of Chairs
    • Higher Damage
    • Going to a beginner and looking at them with an f3 whilst saying "Noob."
    • Selling Maps VIA megaphones
    Terms that Cis-Jobbies need to know!:

Uoop: Beginner Version of "Noob."
    Job-Assuming: Assuming that they are of a certain job but are either beginner or Oddjob.
    Cis-Jobbie/Cis-Jobbed: A jobbed player who accepts the job they wanted.
    Multi-Jobbie: Term for Oddjobs
    Bi <B-EE> & Ner <Nnn-RRR> : Prounouns that common beginners use.
    Jobism: When Jobbies oppress people because of their jobs.
    Jobiarchy: The idea that jobbies control MapleRoyals, this includes the forums, maps, GM contacting, and mesoes.

Members of the ICBORS+ Community:

Lolzor @IoIzor
    Snayl @chris13
    IslandChrizz @Chrizz
    DannysIsland @Danny
    Frenzeys @cronosizm
    BlueCream @BlueCream
    Cowe @cowe
    Tsukishima @SodeNoShirayuki

Chokladkakan @Chokladkakan
    Oahu @Oahu
    Perfidious @MajoraMask
    Fortyeight @Bart Vosters
    IslandSlut @IslandSlut
    WatIsHarb...
    Palmsap @Palm
    Mendroid

List of Alliances

• Permafeed
    • Camper News Network (CNN)
    • The Islander Post
    • Oddjoblr

Tips for Meeting a member of the ICBORS+
    1. Recognize your privilege
    2. Use their pronouns/terms
    3. Help Them

What Can I do to Prevent Joby Privilege?

For just 1 meso a day you can prevent GM and Jobby discrimination... if you would like to prevent Joby Privilege from spreading to more players please follow this simple application format to at least get the GM's to notice our struggles...

[​IMG]

(Staff-made propaganda used to attack islanders and beginners to make them look bad/violent.)

IGN:
    Job:
    Level:

[​IMG]

(Picture of a GM and a Jobby abusing innocent members of the ICBORS+ community during the new source patch)

'I understand it's hard to understand Joby privilege and I would like to give a huge shoutout to Jobbies who understand Joby privilege and don't sit there on there 20 bil. carrot chair and act like joby privilege isn't a thing; they also understand their privilege and how they benefit from their privilege and our vocal about it because that can't be easy.'

Current Players who've signed the petition:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. Anvil

Anvil Donator

IGN:
    Anvil
    Level:
    Guild:
    Guildless
    If you don't like this thread then you're oppressing me

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Snapples, Palm, Neolakia and 4 others like this.
  3. PeterHatEater

PeterHatEater Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
  4. Cocozzi

Cocozzi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ddealwithit
    Behemoth stands with you!
    [​IMG]

Snapples, Palm, Anvil and 2 others like this.
  5. Anesthetize

Anesthetize Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Anesthetize
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rvidxr Klvn
    I'm okay with the wall as long as the unemployed noobies pay for it. Or better yet. Burn the boat!!