Int Gear + other questions for HP Washing a NL

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by jackyt, Jan 4, 2024.

1. jackyt

jackyt Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    isfd
    Level:
    I have a pretty good idea of what my end-game goal is going to be for my NL and how to wash it. I just have the following questions after playing with the HP washing calculator:
    • How much int do I really need from my int gear?
    • Since I need to HP wash and MP wash, should I follow the instructions for washing from the calculator spreadsheet or CrticalError's Guide to HP Washing a Night Lord?
    • The spreadsheet gives me the total amount of AP resets I need at lvl 175 (APR for base reset int, HP Wash, MP Wash) but how much of it do I need to start playing content at lvl 135?
    Here are my NL goals for context:
    19,000 HP by lvl 175
    320 base int according to A comprehensive Night Lord Guide
    lvl 135 to stop using int gear and reset base int

I've attached a screenshot of the plugged-in numbers from the washing calculator below.

Please let me know if there's anything else I should know.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  2. Kheb

Kheb Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I have never or know anyone who has used a calculator so I cannot tell you if any is better than another.

It seems very straightforward to just follow the steps listed in your added spreadsheet.

For ludi dailies you do not need any hp-washing.
    For zak, as long as you dont flashjump into body, you do not need any hp-washing. Iirc 8k for b3 touch.
    There is no reason to ever touch Krex as a NL but I believe you would need like 7-8k as well.
    You dont "need" any wash for any lvl135 content.

I have a 0 wash, 4 base INT Ironman NL with shit gear and have almost 9k hp at level 150. I did barely any effort to gain more hp.

You can actually easily subtract 2-3k hp from your goal.

Fountain of youth, pet equips, rings, MoN, Dojo Belt, few Olaf Quests easily net you about 2k. From just playing the game you fairly easily get at least close to the 250 card medal for another 500hp.
    Think if you do want to go all out but not do the repeatable you'll get about 5k or something (just check Zancks newest hp-guide).

I guess following the stated steps from the spreadsheet will be fine. There is a lot of rng involved that I have never seen any calculator adjust for. I assume they generally list the worst possible outcomes. In your case rolling 1262 times the minimum rolls for both hp and mp-washing.

About INT gear. Assuming prices stay stagnant, the best you can afford.
    Spoiler alert, they won't.
    If you don't enjoy being a merchant, I suggest you simply decide to not give a fuck. You're spending 18b on apr, you can tank a devaluation of your INT gear.
    Also, you won't know how good your untrades are going to turn out. And you might be able to snipe a few upgrades along the way.

If you have the budget to delete 18b from the game I suppose you can afford some pretty decent INT gear. I think +80-120 INT from gear is kinds the sweetspot for the best bang for your buck. It'll save you quite some mp-washes, or it'll allow you to reach 19k hp at a lower level. Whatever you prefer. Regardless, you will just have to math it out once you decide what you want. I suggest you evaluate your extra mp around level 120-130 and see how far it'll get you.

jackyt and Baconfry like this.
  3. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Is it intended that you have 7k MP after washing? If not, follow the sheet's guidance and change the level you MP wash from, or add less base int.

Here's how I tend to use the sheet, which I'd recommend over the guide:
    - Input my level (1), HP (50), mp (5), HP goal/goal lv (19k, 175 for you, although I usually take a few K off that because gear/Olaf/reuel), int gear (just put in whatever you can afford - you don't need anything too expensive, it's just extra int that will let you add less base int), mw20, using mw20 from lv 7 (earliest you can get off maple island), and set include mp washing to true
    - Sometimes I reset base int at 135, sometimes at 145 (if I think I'll just krex leech myself through those levels). 135 is the most common point though.
    - Input some amount of base int that I think will be appropriate. Set the MP washing level to whatever it says, and record the amount of AP resets the sheet says it'll cost
    - Increase the base int by 50-100, set level to MP wash to whatever it says, and record the amount of AP resets. If this is larger than before, I know I'm going in the wrong direction. If it's lower, I'm going in the right direction
    - Increase base int by another 50, or decrease the initial base int by 50 depending on the last step result, set MP washing level to whatever it says, and record AP resets needed.
    - Keep doing this process to narrow down the optimal amount of int to add and find the minimal amount of APRs needed
    - Now I know how much base int and MP washes I need
    - Probably do a few washes before level 50 so you can get a zhelm at 50, unless you have a good int hat already
    - If possible, do a few more washes to get HTP at 120, which will last a while until you can loot and equip a good mon at 140+

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024
    jackyt and Kheb like this.
  4. jackyt

jackyt Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    isfd
    Level:
    Wow, thank you both for your replies. This cleared up my confusion with the calculator and it just makes a lot more sense. My total wash cost was drastically reduced to 11b lol

Sylafia and Kheb like this.