Map Lushan Town Ropes

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Enticing, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Ive only been here a few times, and while I didnt previously have much to say about it good or bad, after having to collect a bunch of HP quest stuff from this area and spending a decient amount of time here as a result, I now detest this entire place. A lot

Its cause of the ropes. Most of the ropes are broken here. Their climb radius is either too short, or too long. Ropes that appear to get you to the top of a platform just stop suddenly or go too far above the platform. You're forced to make additional keyboard movements to get onto or off of a rope. Ropes that you just climbed up are unclimbable once you've made it to the top of the platform that its connected to, forcing you to down jump to get the rope. Visually they're not consistent with what they appear to be. I normally wouldnt mind this too much if the maps were your normal shape and size but this place has some weirdly shaped narrow but tall maps. When the maps are super tall with large distances to travel between portals the main means of traversing the map being a hassle just comes off like an overly tedious annoyance id prefer to not have to deal with.

Obviously there is no game breaking things here so this is just a small QoL gripe, but now that i know you can get stuck coming here for HP quest stuff, i dread server reset when the new quest comes up that i dont have to come here again.

noobgamer97, Javier, icedem0n and 3 others like this.
  2. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    They fixed some of the leafre ropes before. I think the Lushan ones were noted in the past as well.

Also, don't walk up the hills for hp quest

3. nut

nut Donator

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
    Yea there are a bunch of broken ropes in the game and some map jank here and there... it's been a bit of a low priority thing since we've got a lot of other work to do. I will link to this on the General Map Fixing Thread for now, and move this to closed. If you have any other map fixing suggestions, please put them there!