Paladin Heaven's Hammer change

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Shielded, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Shielded

Shielded Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Shielded
    Level:
    Hello, recently after the #36 New Source Update, a lot of skill have been fixed and Paladin Heaven's Hammer is one of them.
    I'm very aware of the functionality of the skill and it should "leave monster at 1 HP" instead of killing them on newer version of Maplestory but back in v62 the skill actually killed the monsters and that's why I like the v62 version of Heaven's Hammer more because it help Paladin train faster to make up for the low DPS they are currently having.

_ So my suggestion is to change Heaven's Hammer damage to killed the monster instead of leaving them at 1 HP. (If this is not possible to do in the current v83 of the game, I completely understand and thank you for reading) :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. John

John Donator

3. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    We are unable to find any evidence that supports the claim that Heaven's Hammer should kill the mobs. We can only find information stating that it should leave mobs at 1HP.

Shielded and Rob like this.
  4. Nes

Nes Donator

Yeah, it has always reduced hp to 1. I remember it being that way from the very earliest info we got from KMS.

The only time I've seen it kill was actually on this server in old source, I'm glad it's working properly now :D

5. Shielded

IGN:
    Shielded
    Level:
    Only in v62 and before that Heaven's hammer can actually kill the monsters :D But it's okay, I understand this is how Heaven's Hammer should work but it would be very helpful. Thanks Matt for the info I guess we can't do anything about it in this version :D

6. Kleric

Kleric Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jero
    First: GOD PLEASE NO (I've been begging them to fix Heaven's Hammer to how it was in the original servers this whole time, and I'm so happy they finally did)

Second: Heaven's Hammer from every update that it has existed in GMS has always reduced enemies HP to 1 (Just look at the skill animation effect on enemies). The only changes it had between v62 and v83 was the threshold of HP it would stop reducing the enemies HP to 1, the cool-down, and max damage to enemies above the threshold.

V62 Maxed Heaven's Hammer was: 100 second cooldown, any enemy below 100k HP was reduced to 1 HP, any enemy above, it would do the amount of damage it says in the description.

v83 Maxed Heaven's Hammer (Which is what we have) is: 20 second cooldown, any enemy at or below 200k HP was reduced to 1 HP, any enemy above 200k HP it does 200k damage to.

The Old Source HH you're fighting for is far inferior to what we have now, and strays away from what the skill always has done. I personally would much rather be able to do max damage to all of Zakum's arms every 20 seconds. :V

7. Shielded

IGN:
    Shielded
    Level:
    Your information is incorrect, v62 Heaven's Hammer killed the enemy and it deals 900% of your damage, not below 100k HP threshold. Here is the video proof of what v62 HH used to be in Royal: MapleRoyal v62

At the moment in v83, unless the skill description is incorrect, Heaven'ts Hammer will deal 900% damage (not below 200k HP threshold according to your infos) and it does not kill the enemies instead leaving them at 1 HP (which is worse than the v62 version which will kill the monster if your damage range is high enough).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  8. ImJakeFromStateFarm

ImJakeFromStateFarm Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OvaryActing
    Level:
    Guild:
    Impurity
    Trolling alert.

I think your heaven's hammer isn't working right because your blunt weapon divine charge is still Lv 0.

9. Kleric

Kleric Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jero
    The skill description has always been incorrect. That's why Royals' v62 HH was different, they got it wrong because they assumed (Which definitely isn't the most illogical thing to assume) the description was correct, and never had a Paladin themselves in the actual servers.
    However, everyone who has had a Paladin in the actual servers confirms that it has always reduced enemies HP to 1. Look it up! o.o

Also, I'm not sure the chance to do max damage based on your range having to be awesome trumps always doing max damage or 1HP reduction to all 15 enemies regardless of your range and weapon and level of the skill. All you have to do is rush them after. :/

Also something that's been always wrong about the description. o.o
    Heaven's Hammer / Sanctuary has always been able to be used with any elemental charge, and has never actually depended on Holy/Divine Charge. I'm not sure where Nexon was going with the design of this skill, but it seemed to have made a complete 90º U-Turn last second.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  10. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I'm with you on this one.

11. Kleric

Kleric Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jero

Here's the best proof I have of HH doing this in it's actual v62 days. You can see it reduces all enemies HP to 1 in the video, and he continues to give the description of it having the 100 second delay, which means it's yet to be updated.
    Plenty of other videos showing the same effect, but I can't be too positive about the timeline in which it was recorded.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  12. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I feel that as much as Nexon are known for doing silly things, I can't imagine them changing Heaven's Hammer just for v0.62. Even if they broke it by accident I would also likely have expected some sort of emergency server check or patch to fix it. I can however see that most public v0.62 sources, including our old one which seemingly never got fixed, all seem to have the same formula in them which does kill the mob. So maybe you are just remembering it from another v0.62 private server instead of what you thought was the official server.

13. Shielded

IGN:
    Shielded
    Level:
    I already acknowledge the mechanic of Heaven's Hammer in GMS, you just need to look it back up.
    And according to Matt answers I'll assume there is nothing we can do about Heaven's Hammer changes and the video I linked is actually from MapleRoyals. Maybe it's just a bug from the old version and i'm completely understand :D

Kleric likes this.