In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    Hi everyone,

With the new Rose Garden thingy in place, I am wondering if there should be some nerfs done to it.

Pros:
    1. Rose Garden is a good source of income for both melees and mages.
    2. Rewards are crazy good.
    3. Solo quest

Cons:
    1. People are fighting for channel, overflooding of people in a channel.
    2. The incentives in RG is too great, people are not looking at other boss runs as equally anymore.

Should there be a restriction to how many times a week? Similar to Von Leon. Especially because this is done solo, with rewards comparably better than actual boss runs, this will actually hurt Royals in my opinion.

Thank you.

19921224 and Carney like this.
  2. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
    I want to advocate for Rose Garden. I don't believe Rose Garden needs a nerf, if it's nerf then it is another dead content. This content is heading the right direction with giving another competitive option to multi mage farming and bossing. Also, it promotes active game play to earn mesos and exp. The rewards are fair considering time and effort making the character, doing the LHC prequest and completing the solo content of Rose Garden. This content excites players to complete the solo quest on a daily basis which can potentially drive the activeness of MapleRoyals. Rose Garden is new therefore more players are willing to sacrifice other boss runs to complete this solo quest, I would suggest giving it more time to carefully monitor the progress of this content.

3. Dominican

Dominican Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dominican
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    Does not need a nerf, it’s still time consuming (regardless there are people that have 10+ mules access lol…)
    And it’s still RNG at the end of the day, personally I haven’t gotten any good prizes myself just the bees farming (which was a super nice touch btw). Just leave it as is.

HikariNoPuri, Oziz, Zkittlez and 9 others like this.
  4. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    It is definitely the most rewarding content right now and I thought so myself that it is way too good, considering that I got a cs after my 4th run from the box. It will increase the scissors between ppl that do it daily and ppl that dont or cant, making it a definitive "mandatory" daily (that sounds really silly since this is a game lol).

A good thing is however, that it is open to everyone, unlike content such as AufHaven or VonLeon, so it is at least rewarding people directly for their time playing the game with their preferred class indepent* of meta.

A bad thing then again is, that this is solo content, so on the long run it will not make a MMORPG more lively and in contrast be a negative impact, such as this solo content negatively impacts real maple from a MMO aspect.

I think, this content is really interesting since it is definitely something unique and it will find its unique place and stirr up the other content of Mapleroyals, so after all I think it is great that it is OP from the start. This way it can be placed so that it fits well inside the big picture later on.

I think that Alex's points are really valid and important to consider. If it was nerfed, at least wait out the hype and let everyone get crazy about it before nerfing it. Right now I can rather see it making royals more interesting and lively, and its only like 45 minutes a day anyway, so I doubt that dedicated bossers will skipp bosses for this but instead rather fit it in in their gameplay similar to shao.

I think, waiting and monitoring is the right decision.

MaiAh likes this.
  5. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    nerf it ^_^' or at least nerf the ability to multiclient mage for this.

fact is, hardcore farmers will spam all their mage farmers for this and they get much higher yield as mages compared to a melee class, and on top of that, they are able to double the efficiency by doing two clients simultaneously. (it's already been done),

so if you think your melee characters is getting 150m average every 45 minutes, there's someone out there that's getting 400m every 45 mins with twice the nx, totems and box reward. :X

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    MengQian likes this.
  6. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    Yeap! I agree with this that it can be an alternative to multi-mage farming and bossing, and agree that it actively promotes gameplay. However, just my own opinion, it is promoting active 'solo' gameplay, which ultimately will lead to the server being less active.

I agree if the rewards are fair for the golden bees. The spawn rate I guess can be tweaked for mages and for other classes. Of course, do not nerf it too the ground such as the 6 mages LHC nerfs.

I guess monitoring the progress is reasonable. Of course new content is good, and I enjoy having new dailies to do. But my own opinion is that it is far too rewarding as a solo content

Yes I agree it's time consuming, and I agree the bees definitely justifies the time for it. My only concern is with the RNG loot of the box as well as the how frequently this solo quest can be done. I do it daily for 2 chars and average about 20 bees for each char.

7. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    Exactly, which I saw yesterday and today, people were literally stuck finding channels because every channel was occupied. It lasted for an hour but again, is this even healthy?

Considering 1 player spend 45min inside (decently geared), the RG allows only 640 characters to run the quest daily. So must we compete with people at all times to run this quest? I just thought it is quite unhealthy if it comes to this.

8. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    I agree with your points.

My concern of it being a daily solo content, with chances of it being exploited like a multi-mage farming, is what fears me. I am more of the start small and tweak up if it's not good enough because it would be crazily monetized if a loophole or a insane farm method is found.

I do agree it is interesting and lively, but it being done daily is where I feel it should be reconsidered.

9. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

Please do not nerf drop rates, rewards, exp etc. specifically for mages again.

As mentioned countless times on this forum, most people think the best use for a mage is to be kept at <160 to sell/self leech. Finally high levelled arch mages who invested in levels and skills other than ulti, summon and infinity have a place to go. Especially since arch mage is N/A in VL and they get a handicap when grinding at LHC. Bonus room also ticks several boxes by rewarding solo mages who can TC as well as HP washed mages (due to high touch damage and continuous ulti spam for 30mins).

I can understand reducing the frequency though since worrying about getting a channel everyday after work/school (when everyone else will be competing with you) is exhausting...

10. NekoYen

NekoYen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yeniiee
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    New content nerf hype

William, Doo and Mads like this.
  11. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    Maybe putting a max per day for each IP address would be a solution to those concerns. 3x per IP per day for instance, this is already like 2.5 hours of Maple and anybody should probably take a break anyway by then.

Edit: Or maybe limit the amount of nets that an IP is able to buy per week. So you limit the option to exploit this by multiple accounts, if that is really a thing?

12. incostancy

incostancy Donator

IGN:
    Inconstancy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Not need a nerf,I am glad to see that RMS has become more active due to the activities and the opening of the Rose Garden,Introducing the Rose Garden is a very successful case,Because the Rose Garden has attracted more ordinary players to participate(free time,timed solo quest,increase income),Even,I hope there will be more similar extensions in the future:classy: 9D[P[H11S0%Z$NPHXE]J$ST.png

Jen123, Bacon, JoyfulPrince and 6 others like this.
  13. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Even if nerfed some, mages should be the best bee farmers at this. Do NOT nerf mages to farm bees worse than other classes - this is farming content and the justification for not letting mages boss is that they're the best farmers in the game. Therefore, they should be the best at farming this.

Now the boss is just kind of laughable on mage. It for sure needs a decent HP buff since I kill it faster on mage than paladin.

ZJZJ, Daisies, kaisthtc and 4 others like this.
  14. jessyjinx

jessyjinx Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MrTeaBags
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Why nerf it? It's a high lv content with a slightly annoying prequest. It's rewards are great for melee and better for mages if they have multiple. The only people that complain that mages get more are people that don't have time to farm on mages or create multiple mages for more income. It should stay as it is as it's a great way for melee to make mesos. Complain that mages gets too much mesos? Then make a mage. Can't get a channel cause they are full? Just wait and come back later lmao (it's an ONLINE game).

Yakamoz, TheHound, Daisies and 7 others like this.
  15. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Or just reduce elemental weakness by ~ -25% and buff magic resistance greatly. Already takes long on my Hero :|

Raimie and Dominican like this.
  16. Nerd

Nerd Donator

Guild:
    Create
    This content feels like a breath of fresh air to the server, there is finally viable single client farming for various classes and I think we've been needing them for a while. A lot of players are not interested in selling leech or farming with multiple mages at the same time (see duo mage/quad mage farming), I think this content fits perfectly as a counter to the farming meta we see today and will encourage a lot of players to start consistently logging in, or even returning.

1. People are fighting for channel, overflooding of people in a channel.
    -This content is brand new, there should absolutely be limited access to it, this is the essence of MMORPGs where competing over resources is a key component to how profitable they are. I have been doing daily rose garden on at least 2 accounts, sometimes 3 with no difficulty. If I can't find a channel I just return back in 15 minutes and find one. You might be playing during peak hours, perhaps partner up with friends or guildmates to know when they're about to finish
    2. The incentives in RG is too great, people are not looking at other boss runs as equally anymore.
    -Once again, this content is brand new (coupled with an active seasonal event), the honeymoon phase will wear off and players will return to their usual in game activities. Less players running other bosses can also lead to those boss drops increasing in value, these things usually equalize and the free market will do its job
    I would hate to see this become another Ellin forest and be dead due to over nerfing. I think this content feels great and especially so for high level mages that now feel like they have a reason to be that level, there have been countless threads asking for mages to break the mold they're currently held in; low level, lukless, leech machines. I've actually found myself buying mage gear for the first time in 3 years and I'm sure others are doing the same

Relmy, Daisies, Al3x and 12 others like this.
  17. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    No nerf but adjust for non-mages to kill boss faster or same as mage would be nice and it would make sense because non-mages get lower bee rate too/not made to mobing as good as mages

The content is nice change that brings back and cleans the dust from retired funded mages back to live,also great alternative for players that dont want join the mass crazy mule meta...
    And i agree like other said ch's limitation should be lifted but make it 1per user runs like events boss

Relmy, lee1, MengQian and 5 others like this.
  18. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Ah yes, another new content, new and fresh!
    Finally something players can be excited for!!
    Nerf it and it becomes another ellin forest.
    Kinda sad don’t you think?

You think you can share some numbers as mesos/h rates for RG vs bossing, specifically for bosses such as Horntail, Auf, or Von Leon?

I believe that sharing these numbers would drive this feedback thread in a better direction.

Tail, Pastax3, lee1 and 6 others like this.
  19. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    I think the word 'nerf' is relatively inappropriate on my end as it is still too early to decide whether the content needs to be balanced or not. And many have voiced out, which I agree, that the new content have brought liveliness to royals once again. I would like to apologise for the term used.

Like @Nerd have mentioned, I do agree as well that in due time, the market will be adjusted and things will eventually move back into place.

The more appropriate term here would be adjustment/tweaks/changes.

For example:
    1. Instead of a solo quest, it is done as a party. The BON stage will be similar for everyone, where everyone can enjoy the same golden bee drop rate in the party.
    2. Reducing frequency of Rose Garden if it's done solo.

I do agree though that finally we're seeing mages be useful once again, especially since LHC was nerfed super hard.

Anyone is free to to voice out their opinions and have a healthy discussion about this topic.

Nerd and MaiAh like this.
  20. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    I don't have specific mesos/h rates for RG as of now, maybe someone eventually will compile the numbers and we can use the numbers compiled to drive this feedback.