Shroomies

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Dave Deviluke, May 17, 2018.

1. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Hi everyone,

Royals Islander Discord Link: https://discord.gg/WwccSsM

This would be a short introduction to what are Islanders & what are Shroomies + Islander + Austria about~

1) What are Islanders?

- Inhabitant of Maple Island that stays beyond level 10

2) What are Shroomies + Islander + Austria about?
    - Guilds for islanders to chill, click below for pictures of how we have fun!

Gallery
    Shroomies.jpg

expansion.jpg

02.jpg

xmas1.png
    xmas2.png

boatless.jpg

Shroom_Garden.jpg

Shroom_Garden_2.jpg

unknown.png

Lord_Danny.jpg

GS1.PNG

xDD.png

groupiee.png

x133.png

island_hang.png

MapleRoyals_2018-05-18_22-29-34.png

gathering.jpg

new ppl.JPG

guild ss.JPG

guild ss2.JPG

temp.JPG

zz.png

Halloween_2019.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Reserved for future screenshots*

Islanders Self Introduction Format
    (not compulsory, just a guide - you can edit it)
    IGN: (name)

Have you played any kind of Maple before this: (type of maplestory)

When and why did you start Islanding: (how you started out)

Type of build: (str, dex, int, luk?)

What do you like about Islanding: (what you enjoy about islanding)

What do you like to do while Islanding: (how do you make the training not so boring)

Favorite Mob(s): (your favorite mob(s) and why: for exp or drops?)

What would you like to recommend to non-islanders: (what would you share to the Victorians)

By Royals Islanders

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Lowly, MightyTwo, Mrkaren and 3 others like this.
  2. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  3. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  4. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Welcome Islander to the Alliance!

Assisted guild mate, kitsunyChang, in setting up a new guild, Islander, as Shroomies is 90 members as of today
    Both guilds will act as one big family!

MapleRoyals_2018-05-18_22-29-34.png

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    TaZMaNiA, David2016 and Mooshy like this.
  5. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kitsunyChang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Islander
    MapleRoyals_2018-05-19_00-09-11.png
    my first double level <3

TaZMaNiA, David2016 and Mooshy like this.
  6. Mooshy

Mooshy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IGN: Mooshy

Have you played any kind of Maple before this: Yes. I've played GMS from 2005-2013.

When and why did you start Islanding: I started islandering on November 16th of 2017. This server was recommended to me by a friend, and since it will be my very first Maplestory Private server, I decided to give it a shot. When I first joined this server, I didn't actually think I would stay that long, since I was maining Overwatch at that time(I still play, but not as much). But about 10 minutes in, I decided I didn't want to make a thief anymore, and I decided to stay on Maple Island. Reason being is because I've basically been playing GMS for most of my childhood as a Night Lord, and since you can't really Island on GMS anymore, I felt that Islanding would be the best option for me if I were to play on an old source private server. Another reason is because I remember back in the good old Pre-BB days, a lot of people used to look out for each other.(Not saying that people don't help out others on modern day GMS) So by being an Islander, I can help out fellow peeps out with the MapleIsland questline. and steal their precious lemons afterwards

Type of build: I started off with 100 str. But after I read the forum, I started to pump dex, since it's more consistent. Once I've reached enough dex to hit 80 minimum base damage(130) , I started to pump luk for avoidability.

What do you like about Islanding: Honestly, when I saw an Islander back when Galicia first came out on GMS, the first thing that came to my mind, was:"these people must be very bored". To this day, I still agree with that, I'm almost certain that everyone who's made an islander, has had a character on Victoria Island at one point, and they probably got bored. [:p] Overall, I just like how it's really laid back. There is little to no competition. About a month into islanding, I thought it would be nice to remake a Night Lord, so I could relive the old days. But after reading some MEME threads, I decided to just stick to MapleIsland. There's also a great community. When I first started back in mid November, it was around the time CrimsonClaw made his guild, Shroomies. Fast forward 6 months, we're at 90 members! Thus, the creation of our next guild, "Islander".
    [​IMG]

What do you like to do while Islanding: While I'm Islanding, i'm usually always either playing music, chatting with someone, or bugging people on discord [;)]. I have both BGM, and all other sounds muted on MapleRoyals, so if I'm not chatting/listening to music/bugging someone, all I hear is the sound of my keyboard, which is very boring.

Favorite Mob(s): Orange Mushrooms. I know that Piggies grant more EXP overall, but I feel like the whole idea of Islanding is to pass down stuff. Since on Dangerous Forest, you can find a plethora of useful items compared to the Piggy map. Also, you can usually find me on Dangerous Forest on channel 20. I'm allergic to channel 1. [:(]

What would you like to recommend to non-islanders: Join the island, it's fun! When I learned that you could get Maplemas Lights on the island, I was really happy, since speed is king on MapleIsland. Unfortunately, it wasn't Christmas yet, so I couldn't grind for one. But luckily, I asked on the forums, and someone was nice enough to give me one. Ever since then, I've been storing Islander equips on a mule, (Gomushins/Level 11 T-shirts/Ice Jeans/ Scrolls, etc.) for any potentially new Islanders. So yeah, if anyone would like to start islanding, let me know here, or through a PM, I'll send you a link to our discord!

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Tect, ginwolf, Iridescent and 4 others like this.
  7. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Islander's Self Introduction~
    IGN: Islander (previously known as CrimsonClaw)

[​IMG]

Have you played any kind of Maple before this:
    Yes, played islander before on MapleSEA – was about level 42.

When and why did you start Islanding:
    I started islanding on Royals on Oct 2017. Supposed to accompany a friend to play this server but he has shifted to other private server(s). Started islander for fun - as my first character intended to be mage but I had already added STR so I decided to go with it.

The start of Halloween event soon after also increased my motivation to continue as an Islander, it was fun meeting other islanders and hear about the islanders before me.

Type of build:
    Started out with pure STR, currently capped at 80 STR and the rest into DEX for the minimum 80 damage.

Edit: Went to reset my stats into DEX for more Avoid

Probably will adjust between DEX and STR, don’t really have an ideal build or damage in mind.

What do you like about Islanding: I prefer to island as I don’t really wanna spend my effort on Victoria on HP Washing + leeching, really bored of that lol. I also enjoy various events that’re available to islanders such as Halloween, Christmas, Valentines (Check out the screenshots at main post to see how we have fun) Will update more on Anniversary once the event arrives.

What do you like to do while Islanding:
    Usually I would be dual-tasking like playing another game or movie so that the training isn’t so boring.

I would also walk around channel 1 to help out newbies by giving quest ETCs or snail shells.

Favorite Mob(s):
    Orange Mushrooms - for the 10% shoe jump mainly. I don’t really like Pigs mainly cause of the slope, it slows me down.

What would you like to recommend to non-islanders:
    There are a lot of Victorians that will say Maple Island is boring. Yea, it’s kinda boring if what they’re looking for is fast pace leveling, bossing or even PQs. But Maple Island is a relaxing place to chill and have fun during events, I like the calm and friendly atmosphere within the community.

Not saying Islander is the best playing style, but do give it a try if you’re bored of the harsh competition on Victoria.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    TaZMaNiA, Mooshy and David2016 like this.
  8. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  9. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  10. TaZMaNiA

TaZMaNiA Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swango
    Level:
    I wanna ride on a Mooshy ~f6

Mrkaren, Dave Deviluke and Mooshy like this.
  11. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  12. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  13. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  14. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  15. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    3rd Pic
    [​IMG]

TaZMaNiA and Dave Deviluke like this.
  16. TopGun

TopGun Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Slain
    Level:
    Guild:
    nope
    IGN: Slain

Have you played any kind of Maple before this: I played GMS from 2008 to 2013, never islanded before Royals tho.

When and why did you start Islanding: Dont remember exactly but it was around the beginning of 2015, I downloaded the game to re-experience all the fun pqs and chillng and stuff but nobody did it, it was all leeching to high level and then bossing. So I decided it I may as well try islanding, maybe it will be more fun and old-ms-like.

Type of build: Dex till 80 base damage then luk for avoid, with a bit of str to widen my range (dont know if thats still a thing but I got banned once for hitting 83 damage for 6 times in a row).

What do you like about Islanding: It can be something mindless I do while watching a movie or listening to a podcast with an added benefit of getting a sense of progress.

What do you like to do while Islanding: I train exclusively for items and scrolls, I want to have the best gear on the island so finding a perfect clean dana or pair of jeans is a lot of fun, and it makes the grind less monotone.

Favorite Mob(s): Im either at slimes for Dana/Surfboard/pants scrolls or at mushroom garden for Jeans/10% hat scrolls. Im pretty happy with my shoes and top so Im not planning to return to mushrooms any time soon.
    What would you like to recommend to non-islanders: Stop leeching all the time, bossing isnt the only fun thing you can do in this game.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Dave Deviluke, Mooshy and David2016 like this.
  17. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kitsunyChang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Islander
    MapleRoyals_2018-05-29_00-18-32.png new friends :Dlove:

David2016 and Mooshy like this.
  18. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kitsunyChang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Islander
    IGN: kitsunyChang
    Have you played any kind of Maple before this: GMS back before pirates, and then again in 2015 or something for a little

When and why did you start Islanding: I started my islander with this account so a little bit before February this year should be right. I started cus I didnt feel like grinding a job to 200 just to get heckled for not washing. Also, I love all the mobs and the island environment 0:) it's such a cute atmosphere

Type of build: mainly dex but I also have AP invested in luk int, and str for purse stats and metal wand stats

What do you like about Islanding: like I said i really enjoy the setting itself, and I'm enjoying getting to know the game from a core level. Ive gotten a better understanding of the platforming and target acquisition mechanics from working with the bare minimum game features.

What do you like to do while Islanding: I kill every mob on screen no exceptions or excuses. I try my hardest at grinding and get enjoyment finding shortcuts to make my clean sweep faster.

Favorite Mob(s): easily orange mushroom and slimes because theyre the cutest on the island :love:

What would you like to recommend to non-islanders: give me all of your mesos >:D

David2016, Mooshy and Dave Deviluke like this.
  19. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  20. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN: