Thoughts Regarding Multiclient & Farming

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Gert, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Thoughts on Multiclient and Farming

1. Multiclient should be kept as is, no limits.

2. Multiclient should be limited to a certain number per person.

3. Multiclient should be removed entirely.

4. Multiclient isn't the issue (elaborate in replies).

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    Please use this as a medium to discuss the topic further. Keep it civil so that it doesn't get Closed.

MoriForest likes this.
  2. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Limiting it to launcher or computer is better than IP.

It would prevent issues with multiple people in the same house for example- which I would feel bad about hurting as a by product of trying to curb multi-clienting. That said theres a big difference between having 3-4 open and not abusing a mechanic and those that do (like summon farming- i say abuse because it's pretty broken). I routinely will have 3-4 open if I'm active and it's 1 in the FM chilling talking, 1 I'm grinding on, 1 with my store (I dont use mush houses) and maybe another if Im leeching myself- which in my case could easily be dropped to 1 or 2 if I bought mush houses and chatted on my grinding character lol

One sec.... going to perform some forum magic.

edit: I goofed up somehow and tried to combine the posts. Mine ended up following in line, but the others were going before Gerts and messing up the order and blah. So start fresh here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Becca and Gert like this.
  3. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Limiting multi-clienting:
    Increases popularity of party quests, increases diversity in the class selection as mules get canceled out (to some extent).

On the other hand
    Raises the prices of heartstoppers and other farmable etcs.
    Kills mules and everyone who worked hard to make theirs.

Possibly more effects but these are the ones I see.
    As a player more into socializing and questing, I'd love to see a revive of party quests such as lmpq, opq and lmpq.
    Despite that, I strongly disagree with trashing people's progress. Making any type of mule, especially high leveled ones, and asking players to forget about them is equivalent to training your character without knowing about hp washing, and having to restart your progress.

Would love to hear opinions from top players and hardcore heartstopper farmers.

ginwolf, nyannko777 and Gert like this.
  4. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    • Multiclient should be limited to a certain number per person.
    2 clients per person per map

ginwolf likes this.
  5. Hampa

Hampa Donator

My understanding from discussing this a little bit on the shoutbox is that the problem that people want to solve is that people are taking up multiple maps and not multi clienting on its own. I'm sure some people will take issue with multi clienting as a whole but my stance is that as long as it's not taking up all the maps for others to use I'm fine with people going to solo ht or put 5 mages in 1 map to farm.

To solve the problem with people taking up more than 1 channel/map i would suggest to limit this by improving on the mapowner to only allow 1 map per mac address, and also make a rule so that if anyone is caught bypassing this improved mapowner they will get the appropriate punishment for it.

Another issue was raised in the shoutbox, according to some you're able to generate up to 240m/h at ulu1 and that is per map (some people are using up to 5 maps at once) this might need some adjustments. In old source the best spot was generating about 60-70m/h.

Kloss, PakChoi, NMNA and 11 others like this.
  6. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    I believe it should be limited per person to 2-3 clients, anything more than that just seems overkill.
    "But Madori if you put in the effort to run 5+ clients you should be allowed to keep doing it"
    I'm starting to think it isn't just the hackers that inflated the mesos :oops: I really think multi clienting hardcore is also part of the issue and partially why the free market got inflated in the first place.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ily Joon, but you gotta go away kek

Pure, Jimmers and MaiAh like this.
  7. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    a small correction, you can get 120m/hr in npc per map and people do 2 maps with this method. i know someone who does 3 maps but they don’t get 120m/hr per map.

you can get 250+ during the event selling envelopes tho

8. Muff

Muff Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MrMuff
    Level:
    I don't see a client per MAC limit as increasing prices of Stoppers or other farmables, instead it will just split the revenue across other people who will take up the empty spaces to farm.
    I would very much support a limitation of 3 clients per MAC address, I don't think running 5 windows at a time is nostalgic or ultimately a healthy meta to continue with.

Dabsta, DeJia, NMNA and 6 others like this.
  9. Crakdaddy

Crakdaddy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Crak
    Level:
    Guild:
    Armada
    I know we had the discussion in the shoutbox but this is actually the best thread we as a community can have right now because it is the biggest problem with the game IMO. I voted saying it won’t change much, I say this because the people who are knowingly breaking rules to benefit aren’t going to stop because of a little speed bump. Even people who aren’t abusing the system know it’s not hard to multi client if we make a limit. They will have multiple comps or ip/vpns to dodge being caught multi logging to farm. I think a better solution to this would be to nerf drops like craven and other farmable end game equips. I say this thinking it will do a couple things. 1 it would make the illegitimate farmers go to the obvious places. Ie stoppers or lucky charms or something easy to farm the drop rate l. 2 it will shake up the Mets a little if everyone can’t get perf cravens and other equips with such ease. If there aren’t perf items for sale RWT then people will stop doing as much RWT. Please guys this is just my opinion and I really want to hear everyone’s thoughts on these idea and opinions.

10. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    Fully agree with everything else you're saying,
    The only problem with this is that you're punishing everyone now, not just the multi clienters. You've also just increased the perfect craven's price by tenfold too lol

MaiAh likes this.
  11. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    to copy my question from the other thread that @Evan somehow spun into the aether, is the online count in the website accounts logged in or unique ip/macs connected @Matt ? and if it’s one of them is it possible to get an idea of how many non uniques are online at any given time?

Evan and Jooon like this.
  12. TopKEK

TopKEK Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Volatility
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    The problem with that is not all multiclient users are the same.

For example, I personally run 4 man (or 5 at worst) CWKs on a daily basis (which is a very good money on its own, I would even dare to say best money in the game, as of now), that thing does require at least one of our members to have 3+ clients open. Sometimes even I do it.

We do not harm anyone, we sell MON services (or help friends to loot a good mon) and hope for some nice rng moment in bonus stage. That’s all about it.

Or, when I self leeched my NL from 105 onwards at bf using 3 clients, one of them is my hero to kill the BF, the other is the NL and the third is the bishop to hs me.

Again, no harm whatsoever. Except the fact many people couldn’t find bf lol

However, when some guy opens like 10 clients and claiming all the ulu/heartstoper/lyka maps it’s a completely different story.

It’s pure greed imo. But there is nothing that can be done which will not harm people like me in the process and force us to have a 10 man bon run, or pay tens of billions in mesos for a slow ass leech instead of leeching my own new character in BF or something. No ty.

Multi clienting is pretty much the meta here. Don’t believe me? GL joining a pro CWK run if you don’t have at least one mule. Unless you are op af (talking top player range) and/or have good friends who run in, it’s not happening.

tldr

Nothing can (and will) be done here, move on.

Guy631 likes this.
  13. Derrxck

Derrxck Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Derrxck
    Level:
    Honestly hard work pays off. So if someone multi clients its not a big deal.

14. Crakdaddy

Crakdaddy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Crak
    Level:
    Guild:
    Armada
    Ok but hear me out, how many people in the server should have perf gear? Perfect gear should be just that, near unobtainable. 80 att cravens will be a new godly item to obtain and will be easier to make and more of them being made which would make the lesser godly non perfect weapon price drop or even out.

15. Hampa

Hampa Donator

I'm not so sure that people will do more party quests or social activities if there's no multi clienting. Personally i would often leave a character in fm so that i could talk to people there while farming or doing other activities on different clients which i wouldn't be able to if it wasn't allowed. Furthermore i dont think it matters because people have a certain mentality or a set of goals when playing the game and removing the multi client option isn't going to change that they will just have to buy low level leech while doing other stuff or while they're asleep and so on.

I don't really know how big of an impact it would have on stopper market, for sure less people will farm them as this is usually done while doing something on a different client or with multiple clients. But I don't really think it matters people will either be able to afford them, farm their own or use other pots same as always.

I agree with your opinion on trashing peoples progress.

Also to the people who wants to make a limit like 2-3 clients i feel like that is pretty pointless as you would still be allowed to take up 2-3 maps? My question to you would be why not just limit the amount of maps youre allowed to hold and let everyone run as many clients they want?

David2016, Ray, Jimmers and 2 others like this.
  16. TedZeppelin

TedZeppelin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EdZeppelin
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    I think that it does make farming harder, I haven't thought this through much so it may have flaws, but what about making classic farming maps like ulu and skeles mini-dungeons? Idk

To answer the question I do think it should be limited, I liked what MeiAh said about the 2 clients per map.

ginwolf and MaiAh like this.
  17. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    2-3 clients so that way people can still boss with mules, why not implement the limited mapowner rule and 2-3 clients? ;)

18. Hampa

Hampa Donator

Yes but why are we limiting the amount of clients?

19. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff

20. Hampa

Hampa Donator

My point is if you're only allowed to farm in 1 map via mapowner it doesn't matter if you have 3 or 50 characters there you wont be making more mesos/h. So you're esentially removing the need to use more than probably 2 clients but people would still be able to do more for like roleplaying in fm or what ever they want to do.