Warrior ideas or Paladin ideas

Discussion in 'Closed' started by OrcaGel, Oct 29, 2017.

1. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    A lot of people here aren't very fond of big bang, but there was a lot of cool ideas implemented for warriors that I feel could work here.

1st suggestion, points in strength give weapon defense
    -Intelligence gives damage, accuracy, magic defense, increase max mp, mp recovery
    -Luk gives damage, accuracy, avoidability, less exp lost
    -Dex gives damage, accuracy, avoidability
    -Strength gives damage

In big bang strength gave both damage and weapon defense which surprisingly helped a lot in tanking even if it wasn't much. It was great to have a second benefit of adding strength which would also buff buccaneers a bit too. With hp washing shadowers would be no.1 in being tanks so extra weapon defense gained from adding strength would help cement warriors role even if it's a little.

2nd suggestion, change shield mastery

I mean this skill is near useless, if your shield has 80 weapon defense i think that doubles to 160 and protects you around 100 damage? And any 1 handed warrior is going to use a maple shield most of the time so it's like 20 weapon defense doubled. In bigbang Shield Mastery doubled(or tripled) the total weapon defense your character has. With strength giving weapon defense and shield mastery doubling(or tripling) total weapon defense warriors could mitigate a lot of damage and didn't just rely on a higher hp which is not too special in this server for the most part. And if that's too one sided to 1 handed users it can be a general skill for 2 handed users too

3rd suggestion, buff Guardian

I have this skill at level 30, I don't know anyone else that does, but Guardian activating in big bang cured you of ailments like stun, darkness etc. Just a little incentive to go 1 handed.

4th suggestion

If these ideas make warriors in general too strong, maybe just give all the above suggestions to Paladin's? Even under conditions that favor Paladin's it seems Dark knights and Hero's not only out damage them, but have a more relaxed time doing so. The solution Big Bang gave was to just make them tanks. With all of the above suggestions that were implemented in Big Bang Paladin's were able to just take all kinds of damage from the strongest bosses, I think in the early stages of Big Bang when I played, Zakum's last body was doing less than 2k damage touch on my Paladin and even though I wasn't pumping out damage it was damn nice and enjoyable for them to not only have a niche, but also be good at it. Sometimes when people were getting hit with ailments like stun or seal, Guardian with its 15% activation would nullify it and I could get right back to attacking while others had to wait.

5th suggestion, buff Achilles to 25% for Paladin's

Shadower's rightfully have a better shadow shifter than Nightlord's, because Shadower's niche is never getting hit, so why can't Paladin's naturally have a better Achille's?

I always picked warrior classes in most games, because I like the idea of being able to just take a lot of hits which lets me kick back and be less attentive than other classes. With hp washing I realized my time would have been better spent on a Shadower if I wanted to tank, but If even a few of these ideas can hit the radar of mapleroyals to do list for warriors or even just Paladin's it would be pretty great.

Sweetbean, attainable and Kleric like this.
  2. danman

danman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    danman
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascension
    Don't Paladins have Power Guard? The only warrior that arguably needs an Achilles increase are Dark Knights honestly.

3. OrcaGel

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    I just feel classes should have niches and should be good at them. Dark Knight's have one of the best buffs in the game starting from level 50, an amazing 3rd job and in the 4th job they finally fall behind on damage. If they want to be part of the heavy hitters they need to sacrifice 50% of their hp which is what balances them.

Hero's just deal high damage to multiple target with great survivability

Paladin's don't have the damage or the buffs just the survivability which is matched by Hero's. The reason I wanted to increase achilles for Paladin's is cause it would make more sense as they would be the tank in the scenario I talked about. Dark Knight's have their glory of Hyperbody and flaw of losing half their hp, Hero's are in the middle and Paladin's would outshine them all in surviving.

Shadower's have smoke screen and boomerang step, but their shadow shifter is still better cause their niche is not getting hit. I'm not saying saying Paladin's purpose was to be a tank cause clearly it wasn't preBB, but If we can give it a tank niche achilles is a few of the suggestions I like.

attainable likes this.
  4. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    DrK don't need any TLC lol

Tentomon likes this.
  5. danman

danman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    danman
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascension
    I don't disagree, but Paladins don't need an Achilles buff either.

6. Nes

Nes Donator

I'd say Paladins should get SOME buff since the planned Threaten buff didn't pan out (according to Matt's posts in a couple other threads)

7. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    DrK are cheap as to HP wash to 18,000, which then with HB is enough to get to 30,000. We have zerk, which kicks in at 15,000 (i.e no struggle). Heroes have great damage with full HP and don't even need to HP wash. What does Pally have?

If this isn't difficult to implement, I'd be really keen to see it. Pally is the only warrior I haven't played (I've gotten Hero to 4th job on GMS and on another private server, and DrK to 4th job here) and I won't play it as long as it's so weak relative to the others.

As a whole, improvements to shadower, marksman, and pally would be great. I don't think it would ruin nostalgia, but instead would give a fresh spin on the game and open up some new class options for people to try something different. By that same logic, I'd even be supportive of balanced versions of the newer classes added to the server, as long as they were made to be comparable to the existing classes. Classes and maps are good. Stupid over powered scrolls and endlessly more powerful game mechanics are bad.

8. Kleric

Kleric Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jero
    I'll vouch for this, mostly because it looks like Threaten won't be getting fixed ever. ):

Vano likes this.
  9. OrcaGel

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    Agreed on everything. I don't think the novelty of playing a lowtier class should be a reason to choose one, we have perma BEGINNERS for that.

Its hard to give paladins an element attacking niche it just won't work. They lack range, mobbing, there are too many elementally biased bosses/monsters, and they still have to compete vs nl,bm,drk,heroes,mm,sair in the damage department.

If paladins were given the tank niche like they have in bb there would be a lot of incentive to play them solo and party even with below average damage. Having diarrhea during a boss run and leaving knowing my paladin wouldn't die was one of the joyous moments I had. Weapon defense is a subpar stat, but paladins should be the class to own it.

Tentomon likes this.
  10. ImJakeFromStateFarm

ImJakeFromStateFarm Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OvaryActing
    Level:
    Guild:
    Impurity
    Dark knight has the highest raw potential damage output out of warrior class.

11. PurePoisonXD

PurePoisonXD Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kolvar
    Guild:
    Storm
    *Don't know anything about warriors but sees a thread talking about balancing classes. *

L>Paralyze/Chain Lightning buff please <3

Lol, but on a more serious note, I'm for the changes you're suggesting; don't see anything too crazy with them. Tbh, I'm surprised to learn that Pallys aren't good tanks here because that's what I remember them to be. Damage so-so, but unkillable. Imo, this server is supposedly a v62 server, but just after playing for a few days anyone can realize that this is not how v62 used to be. Changes were made to make the gameplay more enjoyable, which were smart choices. Only if balancing classes was considered too... other servers do it, so why can't we? :/ And before anyone tells me to go away, the pros out ways the cons still, so I won't. Just would be nice Royals wasn't a advanced NL simulator.

Kleric likes this.
  12. OrcaGel

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    But in 3rd job dks out do crusaders and wks in most situations involving damage. In 4th job drks need many advantages stacked in their favor se, si, bosses that don't hit too high, high attack pot because spears respond better to it than 1handed or 2 handed swords. I should have clarified, drks aren't as dominate in damage in 4th job compared to 3rd job.

As far as prebb i do remember people claiming paladins as a defense class, but tbh i never thought of them as one since all They really had was freeze/threaten so against bosses threaten was still lesser in survival vs hb. It was only bb they got that defensive role, and it is asking for a lot to give paladins some of the bb ideas in a pre bb server, but outside of a good buff or amazing tankiness there doesn't seem to be a role for paladins that drk and hero don't cover.

The balancing they did for the new source was pretty cool, however, Threaten seems like it won't ever work right and dual charges are complicated so maybe a few useless defense skills being useful could be an easier task. They still did changes for classes at least. With hp washing it almost feels like nls will take over more though.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017