How to make a Marksman - Marksman Guides

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Motnahp, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Motnahp

Motnahp Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MavisTW
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boss
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone I am Mavis :D
    Today I am going to introduce my class - Marksman
    If you are planing to make a Marksman , hope I can help you !

Feel free to ask me anything in Game or Forum inbox , My IGN : MavisTW
    If you can't read English , you can pm me in both Chinese and Japanese :')
    *Edit : 若你看不懂英文,可以使用中文詢問我~
    もし英語が分からなければ、日本語で聞いて大丈夫だよ
    --
    AP Build : How many STR are needed

For a bow man in maple , only weapon require STR , so in AP build , I am going to introduce how STR works in a Marksman (Bow Master also work )

Our final aim is at lv 110 - Dragon Shiner Cross ( which 110 STR is needed )
    In order to reach 110 STR , you have many ways ex : zhelm , HTP etc...
    So , for a Marksman , you don't actually put to many AP in STR but DEX .

Since most of us need to do HP washing AP build will be a bit different since everyone aim at different HP amount .

For lv 1~10 : reach 25 DEX and put all in INT
    After that , put all AP in INT until you reach you aim , than put STR to 30~40 ( Make sure you don't put to many )
    Than , 5 DEX per lv .

Edit : I will put HP washing guides for Marksman in this guides at later days .

--

Skill Build -Information

1st Job
    Critical Shot : the most important skill , Full
    Double Shot : for lving , it is much better and useful than Arrow Blow , Full
    The Eye of Amazon : Add attack range , what can a bowman do with out long rang attack :'D? , Full
    and the top three skill are super important , please full them
    Focus and The Blessing of Amazon is optional ( Blessing of Amazon need to click at least 3 for The Eye of Amazon)
    * But I strongly recommend Focus , which offer you more avoid ability , the more you dodge the less you die
    SP order : Arrow Blow (1) >Blessing of Amazon (3) > Eye of Amazon (8) > Critical Shot (20) > Double Shot (20) >
    Focus ( 8)
    Before you go 2nd job , your skill build should be as follow~
    [​IMG] The Blessing of Amazon (3)
    [​IMG] Critical Shot (20)
    [​IMG] The Eye of Amazon (8)
    [​IMG] Focus (8)
    [​IMG] Arrow Blow (1)
    [​IMG] Double Shot (20)

*Edit :you can also max double shot first for more damages ,the reason I max critical first was due to the reason at low level ,
    it is easy to hit 1 with low damages ,which means you can't break monster's defence , so I will like to have more lucky shot instead of two1 damages .

2nd Job
    Crossbow Booster : nothing to said ,the faster you shoot , the more damage you make , Full
    Soul Arrow : Very useful skill , you don't need to carry a lot arrows with you , Full
    Iron Arrow : The basic skill for mobbing , Full it for making more exp
    Cross Bow Mastery : nothing to say , please full it
    the top four skills is important for 2nd job , please , you must full them .

For Final attack and Power knock back , some said that Final attack is useful , but to me
    " DON'T YOU EVER LEARN FINAL ATTACK "
    this is so important . Cause final attack will cause you delay when you use Iron Arrow , which makes you so awkward when mobbing .
    on the other hand , Power Knock Back offer you a chance to push the monster far away from you
    SP order : Iron Arrow (1) > Crossbow Mastery (20) > Crossbow Booster (10) > Iron Arrow (30) > Crossbow Booster (20)
    >Power knock back (20) > Soul Arrow (20 ) > "Focus (20)"
    * PS . you will have more SP to use , put them in Focus so you will full it in order to get more avoid ability .

Before you go 3rd job , your skill build should be as follow~
    [​IMG]Crossbow Mastery (20)
    [​IMG] Final Attack (0)
    [​IMG] Crossbow Booster(20)
    [​IMG] Soul Arrow(20)
    [​IMG] Power Knock-Back(20)
    [​IMG]Iron Arrow (30)

3rd Job
    Arrow Eruption: useful mob skill , can attack a round rang , Full
    Strafe : The only skill for a Marksman for bossing , nothing to say , full it , even it do little damages only
    Golden Eagle : Just a skill for 4th Job's Skill "Frostprey" , when you reach 4th Job , you will no longer use this skill
    so all you need is raise this skill lv to 15
    Mortal Blow : useful skill when monster get so close to you , Full
    Blizzard : I think this skill is so OP that there is no reason not to Full it
    The five skills above is the main skill at 3rd Job ( especially Strafe and Arrow Eruption )
    For Puppet and Thrust it is both optional , but you don't need to full Thrust actually , cause you have many way to make your speed higher for ex : pet equip
    and Puppet is useful for solo bossing , so in my case , I full Puppet instead of Thrush
    SP order : Blizzard (1) >Mortal Blow (5) > Arrow Eruption (30) > Strafe (30) > Blizzard (21) > Mortal Blow (20)
    >Blizzard (30) > Thrust (6 ) > Puppet (20)

Before you go 4th job , your skill build should be as follow~
    [​IMG]Thrust (6)
    [​IMG] Puppet (20)
    [​IMG] Blizzard (30)
    [​IMG] Arrow Eruption (30)
    [​IMG]Golden Eagle (15)
    [​IMG] Strafe (30)
    [​IMG] Mortal Blow (30)

*Edit : the reason I didn't max thrust but blizzard was because with my xbow +10speed and pet +8 pots+10 , thrust 6 is enough . So that is why . You can take sp from blizzard to thrust too since blizzard won't hit critical.

4th Job
    Sharp Eyes : Everyone likes SE , nothing to say , 1st aim to full
    Maple Warrior : Everyone likes MW20 , if possible , full it asap
    Snipe : Snipe is the most strange skill in Maple , the less CD it got , the more powerful you are , Full it please
    Marksman Boost : free att and more mastery , Full it please
    Piercing Arrow : It is not useful but it is pretty fun and can break cap damage !
    Frostprey : Nice skill which keeps your back !
    The skills above is the main skill of a Marksman , especially Snipe and Marksman boost

Blind and Dragon's Breath are just for fun , no hurry to full it .

SP order : Marksman boost (1) , Snipe (1) , Frostprey (1) > Sharp Eyes (30) > Snipe (30) > Marksman Boost (30) >
    MW (20) if possible > Piercing Arrows (30) > Frostprey (30) > All Free

For 4th Job ,[​IMG] Snipe , [​IMG] Marksman boost ,[​IMG] Sharp Eyes , and[​IMG] MW are so important . please full them asap .

---
    Leveling Tips and some little knowledge for Marksman

1 :For 1st jober , I will recommend you use BOW , even you aim to be a Marksman in future , Bow's attack speed is fast , xbow is slow .
    low lver have difficulties when attacking monster that are close to you , with faster attack speed , you will be more easy to lv
    If you are well fund , you can use zombies lost tooth for lv10~20 .

2 : Don't put too many AP in STR , Marksman require less STR than a Bow Master . and even you can make a Non - STR Marksman
    3 : Your 3rd Job Skill Blizzard and Arrow Eruption are so OP , they keep you safe at lots of spots .
    4 :Snipe always work , even when the boss use weapon cancel !! (But it will show 1 tho )
    5 : HP washing , not only Marksman need ... but I think if you plan to make a Marksman , you have to do HP washing .
    6 : When your Snipe is 30 lv , Strafe 14 times (with Xbow Booster )and you may Snipe again , 17 shots with SI .
    7 :Be proud as a Marksman :')
    8 : Enjoy Maple <3333

---
    So far that is the end of my guides , this is the first time I wrote a guide . Hope this help others :'))

Currently I am lv 171 . Since I joined RMS , I picked Marksman as my first character .
    Most of my friend said I am insane , cause 1st char is a demanding class ( need alot of mesos )
    To look back the time I was playing , yes it was really tough , but I enjoied alot , and many friends help me .
    So happy to join this big community .

Notice : If I had make any mistakes , feel free to tell and sorry for misleading .
    Once again , feel free to ask me anything about Marksman :') and welcome to join us as a Marksman :')))))

Mavis.png

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Personally I feel like dragons breath should be taken at lvl120, along with snipe and frostprey! The pushing power and range is better than power knockback!

Nanoboom and Motnahp like this.
  3. Motnahp

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MavisTW
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boss
    Yes indeed , but my concern was due to dragon breath only push 4 at lv1
    It seems to be useful but I'd rather use blizzard to freeze the monsters and kill them by Iron arrows or strafe

*Edit Since dragon breath will not work when a monster is near you so you can't use it
    And yet , if you are able to use it , you can also use blizzard . This is why I didn't use dragon breath at 120lv

Still thanks for your advice :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  4. yappy111

yappy111 Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yappy
    Guild:
    Radio
    Some other tidbits about Crossbow people:
    • Iron Arrow flies straight through everything, including walls. It's a completely level shot for better or worse. The tool tip says it decreases damage with each mob hit but the decrease is hardly noticeable really.
    • Arrow Eruption has quite a large vertical range, use that to your advantage to grind mobs safely from above and below. Be creative with your positioning!
    • Puppet is amazing. It draws the aggro of monsters following you and they will go for the puppet even if it's in an inaccessible area; that means you can shoot the lured mobs with out worry of them coming after you until the puppet dies or goes away. At the same time it won't draw the aggro of any monsters after it's been used so look out if you attack newly spawned mobs after placing the puppet.
    I also agree with Mavis's concern about Dragon Breath but also for the fact that you need El Nath PQ to unlock it which may not be immediately accessible to a freshly minted MM. :p

Jeen and Motnahp like this.
  5. a1013136

a1013136 Member

In recent days, i also decide to create a female marksman because there are too many BM in royal.
    I love marksman due to its special skill and unique.
    Then, one of my friend told me you are the strongest MM though only lv 171.
    Actually, i did a HT run with you before:)
    There are some questions i want to ask:
    1.how many HP should be? can you provide your HP for reference?(i attend to reach 7k hp up)
    2.how do you make your STR ap points enough to take cross?
    Thank you for sharing marksman guide,it really helps a lot.

Motnahp likes this.
  6. Motnahp

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MavisTW
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boss
    Sorry for my late responds
    I'm working out with my Hong Kong trip with my boyfriend recently

For the questions you asked my answers are at follow

1. To be honest , the more HP you get , the better you run in bossing
    Currently my HP is 9.8k and it will hit 10k when I reach 180lvs
    I'm working on HP washing guides as well
    2. My strategy was put all AP @ INT first (for Hp washing) since maple weapon required 0 STR
    And put all Aps in DEX after you reach your INT goal
    At late days , put some STR in Aps when need
    In my case , my zhelm +htp+ring offer me 45 STR and my OverAll and maple leaf gave me 33 . So I put 28 STR in Aps.

7. a1013136

a1013136 Member

Thank you for advice:)
    So you would rather use high str overall like(30/12)or average stats like (20/20) to reach enough str than using high dex(10/30)one?
    I just want to know which one is better way.
    Btw I think you use high str overall to reach enough str but not put aps on str.
    Because maple warrior can buff based dex right? So if I put too many aps on str, it will make me get less maple warrior buff on dex.
    :p

8. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    That is correct. Equips need as high STR as possible so you add more base DEX and Maple Warrior gives more buff DEX. :)

a1013136 and Motnahp like this.
  9. Bluemagic

Bluemagic Member

Hi, nice guide here but I am confused.

What should my INT goal be or what is a good goal? At what lvl should I start adding STR? and What does 5 dex per lvl mean?

What should my stats be if I am lvl 29 archer following this guide? Thank you.

10. Motnahp

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MavisTW
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boss
    Hi , sorry for my late responds

To answer your questions clearly , I need to know some thing first
    1. Are you well fund ?
    2. Do you play maple ever ?
    3. Do you know how to Hp wash ?

and to briefly answer your questions
    For 7-8 k hp @ lv 155 INT need about 160+ with INT gears
    and if your aim is 10 k @ 155 lv , you'll need about 180-200 INT

and 5 DEX per lv means put all you APs to DEX when lved

:')
    have fun with Marksman :D

11. Bluemagic

Bluemagic Member

Hi, thanks for responding. I have a little funding, will maybe get more later(100mill but not in the billions).

I do play maple often but will decrease playing time. I don't really know a lot about HP washing.

Right now, my archer is Lv. 20, with 82 INT + 13INT(gear).
    95 INT total and 30 DEX. What should I do next? Is 95INT good? Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  12. sunwanchen92

sunwanchen92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    QMore
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arcady
    how could you even possible to do non-str MM? if i got a 22str zak helm, and a godly maybe 30str overall, with a dep star (since u cant get horntail pendant by lvl 110 for ur dragon shiner bow) and maple leaf, my att glove, chaos-ed PGC and chaos-ed FS will not be able to do add anymore str. what do you mean by MM didnt need as much str as BM do? just curious about the possibilities of non-str MM o_O

13. yappy111

yappy111 Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yappy
    Guild:
    Radio
    With regards to HP washing, I hope I can explain it to you here: (Spoiler'd for size)
    You gain extra MP in addition to the normal amount of MP you gain when leveling up; it's 10 INT = 1 MP. So if you have 100 total INT, you gain 10 additional MP. It's the next part that can get confusing, as there are two ways of going about actually HP Washing:
    1) You put a AP point into HP, then use an AP Reset to minus your MP and add to your HP over and over again. You repeat until you hit Minimum MP or reach your target HP, then you use on last Reset to get the point out of HP/MP and into your base stat.
    2) You put a AP point into HP, then use an AP Reset to minus your MP and put it into your base stat. The difference here is that you use a Fresh point of AP every time you wash, so you need AP to use this method.

There are two methods because the way AP works with HP is different from using an AP Reset. When you use an AP Reset, the amount of HP you get is static - 16 HP for 12 MP; But when you use an AP to add to HP, you gain 16-20 HP for 12 MP instead.

The main difference between the two in practice is that in the first method, you don't have to worry about saving up AP adding to whatever stat you want while in the second method, you have to save it requiring a supply of AP Resets as you level up.

Note: The amount of HP gained and MP lost per wash is dependent on your class

Or go here for a better explanation: http://www.royals.ms/forum/threads/fully-revised-hp-washing-guide.8286/

About the less Str required than BMs, I think she's talking about how Xbows require 5 less Str to wield compared to bows so that's why we don't need as much. :p

Do tell me if I'm derping/completely wrong, it's based off of what I know and I'll edit it to what's actually correct if so. >_>

Motnahp likes this.
  14. Motnahp

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MavisTW
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boss
    Hi about non str mm
    To be honest it is almost impossible to reach @lv 110
    And even at late game it seems to be hard
    But you can get ver low STR mm
    With 22 zhem 12+15 htp and egged 7 str ring 8 str maple leaf and 30str OA

Since new source is coming , you will be able to get more str from equips

Elinor, sunwanchen92 and yappy111 like this.
  15. Noyo

Noyo Donator

Country Flag:
    Hi there! I loved your guide!

Just that I need help still. I have a Lv 110 Ranger, HP washed to 5000k base HP. I have spent so much money on buying leech and I'm broke now. I mean, I am saving money to buy a good bow and would like to not leech so much. I have tried grinding in so many places but failed so hard (and did 2 times!!).

Where can I get decent exp? Without dying so much?

Thank you!

16. karlmedina

karlmedina Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bertholdt
    Level:
    11X
    Guild:
    Prevalence
    Great guide! im making my first MM whit washing 12k hp to lvl 155 and 245int total! Marksman rules! ~f11

17. TMarcus68

TMarcus68 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GiveAXbow
    Level:
    Guild:
    Chaos
    Hi

2 question

- I started adding int from level 70, intent to add till 100int base (level 90), then start washing from level 110. Is it visible to do so? I actually dunno how much hp will I get, or how to calculate. And I got no int item. First character.

- do you have a training guide that is more specific to sniper training base on our skills? The general level guide I think not much utilities our skill.

18. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    Between lv90 and lv160, 100 base INT will grant you 700 extra MP = 1050 extra HP. But if you MP wash, you will gain 3895 extra MP = 5797 extra HP between lv90 and lv160 (including the AP from your advancement*).

Roughly 70 washable MP will also accumulate as excess, which is washed into 105 HP.

The amount of HP you would gain naturally between those levels is 22*70 = 1540.

At lv160 with MP washing and no INT equips, your HP will be whatever it is at lv90, plus 7442.

If you procure a Zakum Helmet (15 INT, 65m + 4m for Melting Cheese), Silver Deputy Star (5 INT, 128m), scrolled Yellow Adventurer Cape (12 INT, 130m), Rudolph's Shiny Nose (5 INT), Pumpkin Pie Ring (1 INT), scrolled earring (4 INT, 40m), scrolled Wooden Wand (5 INT, 5m) or Goblin Bat (5 INT, Korean Folk Town quest), and clean Red Marker (3 INT, 50m), leveling 70 times will grant you 350 MP = 525 HP. Those are fairly easy to get.

In short: you can have your HP at lv90 plus 7967 at level 160 if you MP wash every level with 100 INT and buy the equips listed above.

*your 4th job advancement also boosts your HP and MP though I dunno how mich

19. Jowblob

Jowblob Member

Country Flag:
    Dude, how did you die with 5 million hp?! xD

Eli likes this.
  20. qingyong789

qingyong789 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GodzxD
    Level:
    Guild:
    ARMY
    Hey there im new for mapleroyals can i know how to become 3rd job for marksman?After i go el nath click 3rd job instructor and just receive ''Your Time Has To Come Yet'', and after that i go to henesys it say ''You Have To Chosen Wisley'' , how i do?