*NEWER* Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by lilaznpnk, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontBanPlz

DontBanPlz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DontBANdit
    Level:
    ???
    It's not that I disagree. But now we're starting to get on a different branch of the argument on whether or not there should be a blacklist at all instead of just whether or not shop scammers should be added.
    In a way, you're absolutely correct. When people are added to this list they are being shunned from the community. But in most cases, the reason they're being shunned isn't unfair in the least. They either succeeded or attempted to scam/take advantage of other players to gain something from the other player's unfortunate loss.

My argument isn't whether or not there should be a blacklist. My argument is that if we are going to "shun" players for taking advantage of someone's trust by stealing/looting a Zakum Helmet or SB or whatever, then players who take advantage of someone's trust by shop scamming should be treated equally.

2. Courtney

Courtney Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nisha
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Acme
    I think the black list is the great place for harassment related issues. Certain things people smega or say that the staff decides against punishing would work very well here. Most notably, issues related to people smegaing SUPER homophobic sentiments and the staff refusing to take any action. The community should be warned about people like that, imo. I guess I could see your point if it's kill-stealing related harassment which the staff would take action against if there was suitable proof.

Togain and Dandelion like this.
  3. Mouthbreather

Mouthbreather Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    ???
    I do agree that some of the homophobic/racial stuff said over smega are unnecessary at times but I would go no further than informing my friends about said person(s). Just like how I wouldn't announce to the whole school so-and-so said this and that to me. And I'm certain that none of these people really mean what they say, they're just joking around. Yes, they're touchy subjects but I guess that's why it's called dark humor.

Totally extra but this quote perfectly sums up how I feel about toxicity in video games (in this case, harassment related issues in our server):

"Last I checked most online games come with a mute function and tissues are both cheap and widely distributed in most developed Western countries. People should make more use of both if they are so offended by words written or spoken within video games. I mean in the case of CS:GO, particularly, these are fucking FPS games with violent themes, where you blow people's heads off, burn them to death with petrol bombs and detonate explosives. These are not family games, in the traditional sense, and thus are not the appropriate place for everyone to be forced to behave as if we were playing wiffleball at a charity picnic. I'm reminded of the Mark Twain quote where he says of censorship that it is "telling a man he can't have steak because a baby can't chew it." If toxic behaviour isn't for you, maybe try another hobby. I hear knitting can be quite soothing."

Obviously this isn't csgo but you get the idea.

4. Stan

Stan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SgtYellow
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Nipple
    @Courtney I'd just like to add that all homophobic sentiments in smegas are 100% bannable as they breach this rule:
    And clearly in breach of this extract from the Tl;dr
    The staff are agreed on taking a firm stance against hateful, bigoted or discriminatory smegas of all kinds. - http://royals.ms/forum/threads/some-clarity.2835/ (Built on this thread is there is a no tolerance rule over (homophobic) sentiments and not just (homophobic) slurs.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Mono and lilaznpnk like this.
  5. seanc

seanc Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    seanc
    Level:
    In regards to this, this situation is just like selling an item above the market price. like you said, they attempt to take advantage, what you are trying to implement is that the community have the responsibility to ensure that you are in a good bargain.

Players have control over what they choose to buy in the FM, how does this constitute to a scam?
    If I were to have a red snail shell up on my shop for 1million , or I am selling zak helmets at 200m each, do I get reported to the community blacklist because I attempted to do so*?
    I hope you see the point here.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    BabyRaine likes this.
  6. lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Can you provide additional screenshots of conversations or people to vouch for your story?

Mono likes this.
  7. DontBanPlz

DontBanPlz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DontBANdit
    Level:
    ???
    Sure, I see the point if you'd like to split hairs. By doing so you're ignoring the obvious attempt at someone manipulating someone's mistake, be it a careless one or not, to gain from it.

8. Synyster

Synyster Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Synn
    Level:
    1xx
    Guild:
    Guildless
    Add deadfeel to the list for scamming.
    3 of us have had ap resets scams happen.
    GMs please release the names of all igns related so we can try and get reimbursed.

http://royals.ms/forum/threads/scamming-of-ap-resets.39188/
    http://royals.ms/forum/threads/scammed.39252/

Someone said it was pointless to put this serial scammer on this list, but i want the community to not have to deal with this. Its not the part of nostalgia i came to mapleoyals for. Its supposed to be a trustworthy community. Please Add this scum to the list.

inversion likes this.
  9. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    Added, but have you tried getting your mesos back? Apparently Kivin was able to get his. o.o

Mono and Dimitri like this.
  10. Synyster

Synyster Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Synn
    Level:
    1xx
    Guild:
    Guildless
    I've been trying to be on at the same time as he has. the day i got scammed it was the weekend, and now i can;t be up earlier in the morning because im at work lol but i'm trying

11. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    xFishy, Plenty and Mono like this.
  12. BurnDIcicl3s

BurnDIcicl3s Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    WickedLama
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boat
  13. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    Mono and Jeen like this.
  14. PalmTree

PalmTree Well-Known Member

IGN:
    PalmTree
    Guild:
    Improv
    IGN: Jacto, Bluntsworth
    Reason for blacklisting:
    Scammed at zak
    Details (include picture if applicable): Looted everything from zakum right after it died + a zhelm and will refuse to respond/pay for anything.
    [​IMG]
    @Amanion @yellowblue

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Mrkaren, Nessi, Succubus and 6 others like this.
  15. Berchtold

Berchtold Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ubarmensch
    Level:
    I’m dreadfully sorry but I don't believe a screenshot of me AFKing in the free-market is actually adequate justification to blacklist me. If you come forward with sufficient evidence and not just facile and unfounded statements from your friends then I will be happy to oblige to be black listed.

Spooky Business likes this.
  16. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    You seem to have pissed off some older and more notable members of the community, and at no point have I seen you deny any of the claims made against you or defended yourself. I'm seeing very little reason not to add you on the list.

17. Berchtold

Berchtold Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ubarmensch
    Level:
    I deny all claims made against me. One of these people have already been banned for attacking/harassing me, I don’t see why we should be trusting those whom the administration has reprimand. (http://royals.ms/forum/threads/harrassment-through-mass-defame.40324/)

PS:
    I have also never heard of these people before; i have also been here longer than them. So much for 'older and notable'.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Spooky Business likes this.
  18. DontBanPlz

DontBanPlz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DontBANdit
    Level:
    ???
    Well, there had to have been a reason why another "older and notable" player would go out of her way and risk getting banned to do what she did. She knew of the consequence of her actions, so I doubt she did it just for the lulz.

19. Spooky Business

Spooky Business Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Older and notable player here

Berchtold has never pulled an illuminate in the past (oh lord, we'd hear about it, if it was a year or so ago)
    That being said, he did/does have haters(idk why) who would love to see him on this blacklist, banned, etc
    A screenshot of someone whispering a person while making claims isn't proof of anything; that's like whispering me while I'm soloing Captain Latanica and asking why I looted the HT egg

The people who know/remember him will know he gud boi dindu nuffin

thx u my mans

Berchtold and Gangsta like this.
  20. PalmTree

PalmTree Well-Known Member

IGN:
    PalmTree
    Guild:
    Improv
    I would like to say, in that SS I was tracking him down seeing where he was. I would see him jumping on my other character so obviously he was there. He kept ccing and moving into different FM rooms (as seen in the ss above). All I wanted to do was try to get his attention and see if he would respond (so he could pay his 70mil he owes). Obviously you were not afk because you were too busy reporting my friends and I. You should have known this would have happened to you. This community does not allow scammers to do this and think they can get away with it.

Mrkaren, Nessi, Succubus and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.