Notice Voting Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    New Voting Rules (starting on November 1st 2014)

Before voting, please make sure you have a level 15 character on the account you are voting on and that you are logged out of the game on this account. If you have any general questions about voting and vote abuse, feel free to ask on this thread.

1. If you are the only person in your household who plays MapleRoyals:

You may vote once on Gtop100 per day. This will give you 8k NX per day. No matter how many accounts you have and how many different locations you are able to vote from, you must follow this rule. If you try to gain more than 8k NX per day by voting on multiple accounts from different locations you will be banned for vote abuse.

[​IMG]

2. If you live in the same household as other people who play MapleRoyals but are NOT on our Voting Whitelist:

Your household may vote once on Gtop100 per day. You will have to take turns in voting with other Royallers in your house. For example, you can vote one day, and your brother can vote the next day. Your household is only allowed to receive a total of 8k NX per day, regardless of how many of you live there, how many computers you have and how many different locations you can vote from. If you try to gain more than 8k NX per household per day, your whole household will be banned for vote abuse.

[​IMG]

3. If you live in the same household as other people who play MapleRoyals and both/all of you ARE on our new Voting Whitelist:

Yay! Each of you may vote once on Gtop100 per day. One member of the household will be able to vote from their computer; the others will have to vote from their phones or other mobile devices (using 3G/4G, not your home wifi). This will give each of you 8k NX per day. If you try to gain more than 8k NX per person per day (for example, if we find out you have invented a "brother" just so you can get more NX) your whole household will be banned for vote abuse. Pleased note that you have to be ACCEPTED on the Whitelist before you are entitled to one vote each per day.

FAQ:

Where's this whitelist and how do I register for it?
    For information on how to register, go here:
    http://royals.ms/forum/threads/how-to-register-for-the-voting-whitelist.15374/
    To apply for the whitelist, go here:
    http://royals.ms/forum/forums/apply-here.85/

What if my friends regularly come over to my place for a MapleRoyals LAN party?
    • If they mainly play at your place, you don't have to apply for the whitelist but we would stongly advise you to in order to avoid them being mistaken for you vote-abusing. If you apply for the whitelist, give their character names and include them in the photo of people who play MapleRoyals from your household.
    • If they mainly play at their own places, advise them to log into the game from their own place and computer prior to next voting.
    Do you really need all this information? Can't we just PM you with our account names?
    We need to establish that you are indeed separate people and not just one person attempting to get away with voting on multiple accounts. If you're concerned about your privacy, please check out our Privacy Policy. If you still prefer not to apply for the whitelist, that's fine. Just carry on taking turns to vote with other Royallers in your household, and all will be well.

How will I know if I've been accepted onto the voting whitelist?
    You'll see that the prefix on your post has been changed to this:
    accepted.png
    If your application has been unsuccessful, you will see this:
    rejected.png

I've been accepted on the whitelist but I still can't vote each day!
    • Firstly, make sure that one of you is voting from their computer, and the other from their 3G/4G/5G phone (or a different location, such as their workplace).
    • Secondly, if both of you use the same computer to play MapleRoyals from, the system will see you both as the same person and only allow one vote per 24 hours. If you each have your own computer, it's best to stick to playing on your own computer to avoid this happening. If you only have one computer between you, then unfortunately you will have to take turns voting. This is built into the the system itself, and the whitelist cannot override it.

I tried to vote and I got a message telling me that either I am a robot or I am behind the Great Firewall of China. Help?
    We have a new captcha on our voting page, and for most people, it will be a case of just ticking the checkbox and voting. However, if you live in China, you may be unable to see the captcha because it is created by Google, and Google is blocked in China. Ordinarily, we would discourage people from using VPNs, but you may have to do this to be able to vote if you live in China. (Gtop100 has the same captcha).

If you don't live in China and still can't see the captcha, then try configuring your adblock settings for our site to allow it.

Credits:
    A big thank you to @SAKI for the excellent cartoons!

Thread updated January 21st, 2021.

OldOwl, ReydeN, Dash and 14 others like this.
  2. Bizq

Bizq Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bizq
    Level:
    14x
    Finally my sister will be of some help to get more Nx? :O Kappa

jsy0221 and Manslut like this.
  3. StrandedTal

StrandedTal Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swordiman
    Level:
    10x
    You guys have taken it way too far. Photos? Really? No... this is just wrong...

4. Jasonc525

Jasonc525 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    JasonC
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Acme
    Well me and my cousin live in different household. we vote in separate places. but sometime he play in my house. (never vote in my house or vice versa) will i get ban if i dont fill out the list??

5. Bizq

Bizq Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bizq
    Level:
    14x
    That's a requirement if you have more than one person playing in the same household. Voting rules haven't changed for those who play alone in their house.

Ben Astarb likes this.
  6. Tommy

Tommy Well-Known Member

ITT: People who haven't taken the time to fully understand the change.

Tentomon likes this.
  7. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    Well if you don't like it don't do it, it's good for those who actually want to gain full nx. Wow having to submit a photo how could this happen.... i don't see anyone putting a gun against anyone's head.

You won't get banned for it but if you are trying to abuse the rule they will find out.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  8. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    Since you haven't gotten banned yet, you shouldn't have to fill in the form as they can tell you're two different people who live in different households. This is ONLY for people who live in the same household and/or people who don't but mainly play at each others homes.

9. iCeci

iCeci Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iCeci
    Level:
    Guild:
    XIII - Obl
    I love you.

10. Mr.Fake

Mr.Fake Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OriginalFake
    Level:
    12X
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Iam the only person in my household who plays Royals. I was able to vote on gtop100 but when i try to vote on ultimateprivateservers i got an error.

11. ben259

ben259 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Benanas
    Level:
    18x
    I was trying to see this list but wasn't sure?

I live in a dorm and I wanted to somehow register my laptop as my laptop voting for my account. How would I do such a thing?

12. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I believe that Dustin has done this in the past, too, except that he dealt with voting whitelist stuff by PM rather than having any kind of formalized registration for the whitelist. This seemed the simplest and least intrusive way of establishing that people voting from the same household are separate people and can show that they are at least together in the same household for a photo. I deliberately did not request full names or proof of address, even though this would be much better evidence that people were in the same household, as I would prefer to keep this as unintrusive as possible. Also, nobody has to fill this form in. Nothing is being lost if you don't, you're just carrying on with the system as it has been since July.

If he just plays from your house from time to time, there is no problem! It's a good idea for him to login to MapleRoyals at home prior to voting again so that it registers his own details in the database and there's no confusion.

Just PM me with the details, please (character name(s), and IP and MAC address,) and I'll make a note that you're on a university network.

13. John

John Donator

It appears UPS recently reset their list entirely. We will be resubmitting our site and getting it back on the list so you can vote for it as soon as we can. Thanks! :D

Mr.Fake likes this.
  14. Kristian

Kristian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    poopa
    Level:
    heh.. the benefits of being the only one playing in my household is too strong!

but yeah, seems like fair rules.

15. Nedzad

Nedzad Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Elint
    I was wondering, what about people who don't like showing their faces? Isn't a photo of their bodies & and the pieces of paper enough? I know many people who have privacy issues or are uncomfortable of showing their faces. Even if it's only the GMs who have worked over 4 months who can see it.

What about a Skype call with both of them to compensate for not showing their faces however you can clearly see who's talking or who's who and that you can tell that how they claim to be related is obvious?

16. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    I see it as if you only needed a skype call I can go over to a friends house or him to me and I get extra nx.
    It's not that simple but it will make the life of a GM harder I guess.

17. Nedzad

Nedzad Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Elint
    Then you're voting more than once every 24 hours? I mean if you vote in your house and then in you're friends house then you are in fact vote abusing.

And you would still need to fill out the application and not only do a Skype call, that is what I meant when I asked if Skype could be added to provide enough info and not to replace the application.

18. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    I meant having a friend impose as someone living in my household, and i meant signing up for the list with that "friend" and then i'm free to vote twice a day.

I also said that it's not that simple since they will notice if you would do that, but could also make it easier for people to try breaking the rules and giving the GM more work.
    Since now if you really want 8k nx you can get it but the cost is your anonymity

19. Nedzad

Nedzad Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Elint
    You would get found out the instance you did it. If you vote twice with this time also using3g/4g on another device then on your WiFi with your computer (taken that it's what you vote with most of the time) and then they see that your friend votes at his home. Well shortly said they would notice that someone or some are voting 3 times a day. And even if your friend didn't play MapleRoyals and did it so you could vote 2 times a day you would still eventually get found out and you're risking your privacy & getting banned from the server(temporarily) and from the whitelist(I believe permanently) to vote 2 times a day.

And it's not even a big deal if 1/100 try to use it with bad intentions of abusing the whitelist because there are no big repercussions of doing it (that I can think of atm). Unlike hacking or scamming where someone else gets harmed and these things occur on a daily basis anyways.

20. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    i personally don't have 2 accounts, i dont even know if thats allowed i think it is, but if you do would that make voting complicated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.