Zakum Jump Quest

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Succubus, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    [​IMG]
    Are you having a hard time passing this jump quest?
    Does the constant falling into lava make you want to just quit?
    If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you could be my best friend!

Below, I'll guide you through the most annoying jump quest in MapleStory history. In as little as 17step, you'll be able to finish this horrible pre-quest without needing anything other than basic hand-eye coordination and hours upon hours of patience! Also, if you're interested in a challenge, try to beat the MapleRoyals ZJQ record! Please upload a video showing you passing BOTH stages to prove your actual time. Really though.. Who would ever want to do this again?!!

Estimated Completion Time: ~20 mins.
    Fastest Time: 2:37 by @Narutard.
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    BOOBY-TRAPS

Stage 1:

Falling Rocks - Random rocks falling from the sky. Don't touch.
    Poison Gas Exhausts - Like a mini-volcano, these traps shoot poison from the ground.
    Firebombs - As if patterns weren't hard enough to figure out, you have to deal with mobs too.
    Stage 2:

Falling Rocks - They were annoying in the last stage, but now they're worse.
    Fireball Tikis - Long range fireball spitters. Easy to avoid, but messes me up all the time.
    Bad-breath Tikis - Short range. Wait for the animation to completely finish to not get hit.
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    MAPS
    Stage 1:
    [​IMG]
    Stage 2:
    [​IMG]
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    HOW TO BEAT THE JUMP QUEST STEP-BY-STEP
    (Don't expect to be able to do this on your first try.. or hundredth. )

Stage 1:
    [​IMG]

Step 1: You may rush through this part without having to worry very much. Whenever there are falling rocks, time your jumps right after they disappear. When adjacent platforms have falling rocks, time your jump right after they simultaneously land on the platform.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Kill the firebombs before jumping past this area and onto the rope. For this step, it's much easier to do the jumpquest with a partner because you can have one person attack while the other jumps right after the mobs die. However, be careful when jumping as sometimes the first firebomb respawns right after you kill the one behind it.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Climb the rope to the top and wait for a rock to drop. Once a rock falls, jump onto the rope and climb to the very top. Be careful not to jump onto the next rope until the rock falls again because it can still knock you down while you're in mid-air. Repeat as necessary.
    [​IMG]

Step 4: As you can see, now we have two adjacent ropes that have rocks falling. In order to get past this part, you have to wait for the rocks to simultanenously drop, and instead of grabbing onto the ropes to get across, you have to jump onto the two platforms and then onto the safe rope. Afterwards, it's simple timing waiting for the rocks to fall and climbing onto the next rope.

[​IMG]

Step 5: This first rope is a little trickier than the rest. In order to pass this step, you have to first wait for the rocks on both side of the rope to fall and then jump onto the first platform. As soon as you land on that platform, jump onto the rope and climb either up or down to a safe position. Wait for the adjacent rocks to fall and safely move to the next step.

[​IMG]

Step 6: This step is easier for classes that are able to kill the firebomb below without being on the platform. Kill it if you can and jump when the poison gas isn't being shot out. Make sure you get onto the rope before the firebomb respawns or you'll find yourself in a risky situation.

[​IMG]

Step 7: My mistake for labeling the part underneath the first poison gas shooter pink. Jump onto the platform when safe and on the platform that has two gas shooters, watch for the two rocks that fall. Pay attention to the pattern and jump when both rocks fall at the same time, but watch for the gas. You want to get onto the rope before another cycle occurs.

[​IMG]

Step 8: This part is similar to step 4 where you had to jump onto the platforms rather than cross using the ropes. Get onto the final rope and jump onto the final platform after the poison gas shoots.

Stage 2:
    [​IMG]

Step 1: Wait for the poison gas to shoot and get to the safe platforms. On the platforms where a fireball is fired from the left and a rock falls on the adjacent platform, jump when both obstacles occur simultenously. Do the same for the platform where fireballs are fired from both sides.

[​IMG]

Step 2: These few platforms are a bit tricky. What I have found to work almost every time is to take advantage of invincibility frames. Time your first jump about a quarter of a second before the fireball tiki on the right is about to fire. Walk towards the edge and allow the fireball to bounce you back. If done correctly, you will still be on the platform and are able to jump onto the next two without having to worry about being hit by the bottom fireball launcher.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Wait for the poison gas tiki to finish, then jump onto the safe platform on top. There will be three events that occur on the next platform so you have to time your jump right after they all happen at the same time.

[​IMG]

Step 4: The next two platforms have traps you should look out for. Wait until both fireballs have been launched and the falling rock lands at the same time. Jump past the platforms and onto the first rope when safe. Climb up the first rope when the fireball has been launched and then onto the second after it fires again. Avoid the areas that fireballs can reach and the next few ropes are very easy to pass.

[​IMG]

Step 5: Both a fireball and a falling rock appear on the next rope. Wait for them to happen at the same time and jump onto the platform and onto the following ropes. The rest of this part should be fairly easy.

[​IMG]

Step 6: Wait for the falling rock and the fireball coming from the right side to appear simultaneously. Jump onto the platform and then onto the first rope when safe. Climb up to the fireball tiki near the top of the screen and jump onto its platform after it fires. Lower yourself until you're in a safe position. Wait for the top left and bottom right fireball tiki to fire and jump onto the platform containing the bottom right launcher. Make sure you jump onto the ropes next to it before it fires again and knocks you off.

[​IMG]

Step 7: Wait for the falling rock and the fireball to happen together. Jump onto the second platform and hold the down key until the fireball launches again. Make sure you wait until the fireball disappears before letting go of down and jump past the next few platforms onto the rope.

[​IMG]

Step 8: Wait for the the fireball and the falling rock to appear together. Jump onto the platform and then to the rope. Take the top two platforms instead of the ones containing the fireball tikis to be safe. Wait for the poison gas to shoot and jump onto the rope. Climb to the middle of the rope and wait for it to shoot gas again before jumping onto the safe platform. Wait for the fireball coming from the left and the falling rock before jumping onto the ropes.

[​IMG]

Step 9:
    Once the fireballs on the right and the falling rocks land at the same time, jump onto the first rope and climb to the very top. Repeat again for both the second and third ropes. This may take a few tries to do correctly, but as long as you're patient, you won't be knocked into the lava even when hit. Wait for the fireballs to fire simultaneously and you can jump onto the platform and then onto the platform containing the exit.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    Disclaimer: This may not be the best way to complete the jump quest, but I can guarantee it works.

If haven't beaten the JQ within 2hrs while using the guide, try again later.
    Don't resort to account sharing to finish this jumpquest!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Masqueradia, Aly, bluehammer and 4 others like this.
  2. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    I'd post a video if I knew how to record myself ~f18

Succubus likes this.
  3. Tommy

Tommy Well-Known Member

Blacktion, Penny, Cyndy and 18 others like this.
  4. Kekturi

Kekturi Donator

Country Flag:
  5. Courtney

Courtney Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nisha
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Acme
  6. lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    In Windows 10 its built in \o/

7. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I probably sliightly altered the speed of the vid to match up with the song but I can't remember. I'll record myself again sometime tomorrow to be sure of my recording.

Edit: Actually I might have to wait till I get home because the laptop I brought with me on a little vacation doesn't allow certain key combos that help me during JQing

xxTuzixx, Vangora, Royalty and 3 others like this.
  8. carcrash

carcrash Well-Known Member

IGN:
    brakelights
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Lol pls.

Eli likes this.
  9. Wallou

Wallou Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Wallou
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Radio
    Psh. Best time: 1+ hour.
    @Succubus can vouch for my amazing time.

Succubus likes this.
  10. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Honestly, no ammount of videos or guides have been able to help me. I know the tricks and everything, I just suck at it. That last little bit on stage two always does me in, getting there isn't too hard, but that part just sucks. And yes, I know how to do the trick.

11. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Ok I recorded myself! No edits. 3:03 from entering the first map until landing on the final platform in the second map.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    bluehammer, Ailene, xxTuzixx and 2 others like this.
  12. GDLee

GDLee Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Guild:
    Acme
    All aboard the Zak JQ train!

2:47 from first platform on 1st stage to last platform on 2nd stage (~8 seconds off of uploaded video)

Eli, sooey and Succubus like this.
  13. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
  14. dingus

dingus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BenBreeg
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    MAD HOPS BRO

Eli likes this.
  15. dingus

dingus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BenBreeg
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Oblivion

@Narutard ELI YOU ONE-UPPED YOURSELF!
    MADDER HOPS BRO
    postitsslap.gif

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Eli likes this.
  16. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Haha yeah, I was going to post this if anyone beat my 2:44 time >:D

That video that @dingus posted is my later recorded 2:37 ZJQ time. Feel free to update the fastest time with this new time/video. 0:)

xxTuzixx, Andreas and Succubus like this.
  17. dingus

dingus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BenBreeg
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    O_O sorry for stealing your thunder
    [​IMG]

Succubus and Eli like this.
  18. RareCandies

RareCandies Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RareCandies
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boba
    I think I broke a record.

4 1/2 hours to complete it!!

bluehammer and Succubus like this.
  19. lordmrbean

lordmrbean Member

i love you Succubus <3 thx alot for the awesome guide
    this is my first jq i ever finished legaly thx to youre guide :) and ofcourse alot of patience and sigarets (took me about 6h)

Succubus likes this.
  20. stinkykid123

stinkykid123 Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Stommpywomp
    Level:
    Got this done for the first time ever today!!!! Never even did it in real GMS. I'm so excited now!!!!!!~f14~f14:o:o:o

Succubus likes this.