Class/Skill Class balancing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by lxlx, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    It does sound very interesting. Would you mind elaborate on your proposed changes in details? does the buff benefit the team or paladin itself? if so, for what duration?

2. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    7. Make blast a 290% per line double strike skill instead of 580% per line single strike skill.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Dong, Henray17, icedem0n and 2 others like this.
  3. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I think royals has one of the best class balances in the history of Maple preservers. Some classes shine far more than others but there are unseen factors that encourage this pattern. What's sad is that all these factors could have been eliminated by the server, unlike inevitable factors such as progressive power creep due to the accumulation of assets.

1. Mule/Multi clients take away the merits from the classes with supportive buffs - Mainly Archers and Drk.

2. The majority of RWTers follow the trend of NL story and they contributed immensely to the nonsensical number of heavily funded late-game NLs. Contrary to classes with supportive buffs or superior excellency in a specific field (range-independent DPS- Shad, multi-target dominators - Hero/Drk, Crash ability - Pally, etc.), NLs are supposed to require a serious investment before they can shine as DPS-only-experts. The overwhelming number of well-funded NLs who jumped right off the RWT parachute dominate the late game scene and obscure the pros of other classes as well as the burdensome reality the legit NLs experience.

3. Rampant vote abuse (cough 8k / day) allowed illogical amounts of AP resets to enter the market. The demand for AP resets by heavy washers should far exceed the supply but there are an unlimited supply thanks to vote abuse. Staff must be working hard to catch them manually but there are better ways to approach this issue, even if we lose some vote count for Gtop ranking.

A lot of the current complaints and unfair disparities between classes can be solved if the above issues get fixed. In other words, if we make numerical changes to the class balance while confronting the aforementioned issues, the imbalances we so eagerly tried to amend will come right back at us as the critical issues get fixed in the future. For example, NL riot might start when RWTers are eliminated and low/middle-tier NLs struggle the most to join bossing parties. Some minor QOLs sound amazing like changing the crash skill so it cannot be abused with mules. I'm just not so keen on applying DPS buffs on certain classes just because they are less sought due to the current meta. By introducing changes that accommodate the effect of cheaters, it feels like we are yielding to them instead of restoring the lost balance.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    benkrong, PakChoi, Cooler and 3 others like this.
  4. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    that's op...
    52lm50.jpg

DonCheeto and Bacon like this.
  5. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    Maybe the weapon/magic cancel mechanic itself needs to be changed, not just the crash skill. I feel like it was added back in the early days of Maple to sorta help promote both Mages and non-mages to attack pre-4th job days. Now, since there's such a huge gap between mages and non-mages single target damage, it feels like it doesn't really belong in this game as it is anymore. idk just my thoughts

GunzGaming likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Donator

Country Flag:
    Or make Blast hit 2 mobs from lvl 21 , one of the main reasons i'm not opening Pala is that they has no AOE for bossing :/

7. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    They actually do have AOE for bossing, it's called advanced charged blow, they don't do nearly as much as drks/heroes/shad, but it's decent damage. Their lack of aoe dmg output is compensated by their high single target damage.

ksnur, GunzGaming and smilinsphere like this.
  8. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    upload_2021-3-22_4-46-15.png upload_2021-3-22_4-46-30.png

nut, Jesseh, Zusti and 2 others like this.
  9. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    what? HH is 200k x4-7 @ HT every 20seconds =800k-1.4m which is essentially doubling your blast damage = AoE, and ACB on right side Head/arm/wing is optimal and better than blast.

GUYS. CAN WE STOP WITH PALADINS AND FOCUS ON MM AND HERO.

*edit* lol wow we all flamed him at the same time. anyway. moving on.

10. Easy

Easy Donator

Country Flag:
    down comment ^^

11. Easy

Easy Donator

Country Flag:
    Lol dont gang up on me just yet pls, i'm not talking as a pala main its just what i've seen from my perspective, Heaven's Hammer scale with their dmg? i'm not sure other ppl can see the numbers when Pala using it, also i dont know if ACB is strong, they use it on Bosses like Zak/HT/CWKPQ?

12. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    When has pre-bb Maple every really been balanced though? :-/
    The balance has been pretty wonky for the 5 years I've been here, though I will admit it's definitely better than it used to be. Let's not kid ourselves here, Royals really is just trying to polish up a turd the best it can. Like, I love Maple and all, but Christ, there are tons of bad design choices that Nexon made...

Dasha and MaiAh like this.
  13. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    The rightful balance that should exist in royals IF the mendable issues were attended with priority, even at the stake of players' inconvenience.

MaiAh and GunzGaming like this.
  14. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    my young paladin padawan. allow me to direct you to a better location for these such talks about how to be a pro paladin. have you heard of our lord and savior Haplopelma? well, go here and ask all the things you need to know https://royals.ms/forum/threads/comprehensive-paladin-guide-haplopelma.161247/

Dasha, changsta_g and Easy like this.
  15. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    Fair enough, although I will say there definitely class balancing issues that can't be fixed by busting the RWTers and hackers.

Melee weapon type balance for example has always been a bit of a bugbear of mine, as I sorta discussed earlier in the thread. My suggestion for reworking combo attack is also more of a general gameplay change moreso than just to to make them stronger. You are right though, fixing the hacker/RTW problem should be made before anything on this thread for sure. I just don't think it's completely fair to discount the ideas of the thread at this point. Maybe once auto-ban and stuff is up and we can start seeing the changes we can make a better call.

16. Megun

Megun Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gemini
    Guild:
    AudioSlave
    This is very interesting!
    I just say someone is interested in wondering if the poor ice / fire magicians can go some boss?

I feel that the 2 magicians are very forgotten when fighting a boss because they do not have:
    Dispell
    Hs
    Bless
    Ress

I hope that later on you can create a future boss like arkarium where your wp atk party triumphs if they have a good magician attacker hahaha!

In favor of revamp BM <3

17. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    This thread still serves a great purpose. I simply explained my distress against direct numerical buffs (DPS buffs) but there's plenty of QOL changes that can enhance the classes without making things too easy or brain dead. Hope to see more noteworthy ideas flow in.

smilinsphere likes this.
  18. Haplopelma

Haplopelma Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Hello Kenny, so my proposed change would be to make crash a buff that allows you to bypass wep cancel/magic cancel. A similar buff already exist with one of the neo tokyo cards so it is doable. This buff would be small range (perhaps bless range) and would apply to all party members in the vicinity. Since most wep cancels last around 30 second, I would suggest making this buff last 30 second. This way, if done at the right time would negate the wep cancel of the boss and if done incorrectly, punish you for a small amount of time. This makes it so that the paladin must be near the attackers to use crash and must be in the party (this would drastically reduce the effectiveness of crash mules without rendering them useless, just highly undesirable and cumbersome). Furthermore, this also has added benefits of removing the annoyance of crashing and the boss rebuffing wep cancel right away (this happens quite often with pianus for example).

The only downside to this is that most players have crash mules and would be surely angered by this change. Paladin mains will rejoice and the need for real paladins will go up.

Dasha, Kenny, benkrong and 4 others like this.
  19. Haplopelma

Haplopelma Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    And I agree with you Joon, the problem is theory and practice do not add up. I have had many many paladin friends quit because people do not want them in the party. You know how absurd it is to get rejected from a ht party when the guy asks for a 6k nl and you say ur a 12k paladin and they don't respond? Paladin is probably the least understood class in the game and people looking to get into bossing parties by themselves have an incredibly hard time outside of the top 10% of playerbase. As for making my own party, I have no issues recruiting. I have been fortunate enough to be recognized as one of the main paladin in the server. What bothers me is that countless of my friends quit because they cannot recruit or join parties and that is truly heartbreaking. People adore crash mules, they don't like paladins.

20. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    Honestly, doesn't sound like a bad way to fix the crash mule issue. Additionally, one of the other main issues is how low of a level you can get the skill in comparison to how useful it is. Idk if it's possible to make it a 4th job skill rather than a 3rd job skill, but ideally, Magic Crash can be reverted back (or changed to something that isn't as worthless), and replace the 4th job Monster Magnet skill with Total Crash. That might be taking it too far or might not be feasible within the client, but it's an idea.