Comprehensive Paladin Guide- Haplopelma-

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Haplopelma, May 30, 2020.

1. Haplopelma

Haplopelma Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Hola! Haplopelma here. I have decided to write this comprehensive guide for many reason. First of all, the demand seems to be high and recent changes to the class have made past guides outdated. Second, I have been seeing many struggling paladins trying to understand this extremely versatile character (mostly stemming from skilling issues). Lastly, I have played this class extensively and believe I am in a position to be able to write a guide that will satisfy paladin players out there.

For those who do not know me, I have been playing paladin for over 3 years on the MapleRoyals server and have played both Blunt Weapon + Shield and 2H Sword Paladin extensively. I initially chose paladin to play a challenging class that was versatile and could be played mostly by itself. Furthermore, I also played Paladin in GMS back then before 4th job came out as a Leomite wielding white knight.
    I have been pretty active in the Paladin scene for a while and have helped numerous players with regards to skill builds, item choices and bossing tips. It is now time to make a guide to cover many of these questions in depth.

[​IMG]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Table of Contents

1. Introduction to Paladin
    2. Pros / Cons
    3. Bw vs Sw
    4. Ap builds
    5. SP Builds (Before Paladin)
    6. Sp builds (Paladin)
    7. Tips and Tricks
    8. Training
    9. Places where Paladin sucks
    10. Weapon choice and budgets
    11. Bossing
    12. Special Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1.Introduction to Paladin
    "The Courage of one can change the Destiny of many" -circa 2016, Valens, Marshall of Templar

Choices. This is what we are faced with at lvl 30. Fighter, Spearman or Page. For the many warriors stuck at this screen wondering what is a Paladin, this guide will enlighten you on the potential future you might have. This class is the most versatile warrior out there without a question.

This class offers magical damage, massive party utility, aoe and single target damage. This class allows you to do funky stuff such as freezing mobs for approximately 1 minute and the opportunity to unfreeze them. This class allows you to go in the wild and be extremely efficient at solo grinding but also allows you to go solo hunting bosses and be better than the other 2 warrior classes out there.

What this means is that a paladin is adaptable and must understand the game at a deeper level than most of the other attackers because your dps and your utility depends on being able to gauge what you need to do to maximise ur dps.

Here is a list of elemental weaknesses. The BBB link is mostly up to date
    https://bbb.hidden-street.net/monster/element-weakness-list and for bosses:
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/4th-job-skill-changes.135025/#post-779636

2.Pros and Cons

[​IMG]
    +

• Extremely versatile
    • Highest single target warrior DPS
    • Potentially extremely tanky with guardian and achilles
    • Extremely good at solo and party play
    • Low cost of HP Washing (Not even required)
    • Leveling from 120 onwards relatively easy
    • Awesome 199999 damage without needing to sell your soul
    • Class based around utility and adaptability
    • Lots of weapon choices
    -

• Misunderstood class will lead to having a hard time joining parties
    • Extremely bad at some aspect of the game (Will speak more on this part later)
    • Extremely hard road to 120 (70-120)
    • BW Route does not have many weapons around, might need to self scroll your weapons
    • HP washing might be necessary to be considered for SED (Once again not needed, but parties usually want higher HP SED)
    • Small range of ACB requires getting used to it
    • Requirement to learn element weaknesses of mobs and bosses
    • Class based around utility and adaptability
    • Low Mobility

3.Blunt weapon vs Sword

2h DPS> ALL, how dare you make something other than 2h!!!!!!!

The long debate never ends. Sword or BW? My first paladin was a Blunt Weapon paladin. Throughout the 2 years I grinded to 200, countless times was I told that I wasted my money perfecting a Crushed Skull as it would never be as good as 2H sword. I embarked on a journey and made a 2H sword paladin to test this out and get a feel for both weapons. I wrote a satirical post about the issue at hand and will post the link to that thread instead of going on a rant once again. Although I took a partisan stance on the issue, I still believe my analysis behind the satire and humour is correct and worth reading if you wondering if you should SW vs BW. The rant is more geared towards 2H and 1H then SW vs BW but you can make your own mind based on my arguments in the post.

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/sword-vs-bw-an-essay-on-the-futility-of-dps.159790/#post-940855

Also, some guide references for in-depth calculations

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/the...eapons-data-included.53212/page-2#post-527262 (Credits to Chrizz)
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/effectiveness-of-speed-infusion.105994/ (Credits to Buccaneer)

4.AP Builds

Dexless? Low-Dex? Regular dex? What should I do?

This question transcends spacetime itself. In fact, min-maxing always had an impact on the game and these builds are a direct result of this since Nexon's golden ages.
    This choice mostly depends on your funding levels but I do believe you can go many routes.

Dexless: I do not recommend this build. It makes leveling extremely hard and unpleasant. Gear is expensive and it is really hard to reach 120 dex if you decide to go StoneTooth sword.

Low Dex: I recommend this build. Since at lvl 200, you will have 23 dex anyways, I suggest putting 23 dex and leveling with that. With some minimal gear investment in dex, you should be able to hit most mobs at CPQ and leveling will be much easier. (This is the route I took even though I was funded and geared. I do believe losing approximately 200 range is worth it to make the leveling experience way more enjoyable).

Full dex: If this is your first char and want an enjoyable experience, I would suggest adding 1 dex per 2 levels. So at lvl 50 (25 dex). I would still try to reach 22 dex by like lvl 20 however. You might still miss some mobs but you will still be able to do most of the content especially with maple weapons giving such a great boost to accuracy.

Note: You can remove excess Dex later on with AP Resets. Putting too much dex is not a fatal mistake. You could also transition from Full dex to low dex or dexless later on.

5.SP Build Prior to Paladin

SP Build prior to White Knight is pretty straight forward. I will simply state what your end goal is and the must haves that you should skill asap.

Swordsman:
    (1) Max Improved Max HP ASAP
    (2) Power Strike
    (3) Slash Blast
    (4) Rest in Endure or Improved Hp Recovery

Page:
    (1) BW OR SW Mastery (Depending on which route you go)
    (2) BW or SW Booster
    (3) Power Guard
    (4) Threaten does not work on most end game content, I suggest keeping on lvl 3
    (5) I am not sure what to do with extra point so I simply put them in the other mastery and booster as it kept my options open.
    (6) You could max Threaten or go back to 1st job and add to endure and impore hp recovery

Note: As long as you have your main mastery, booster and power guard, you are ready for 3rd job, the rest is irrelevant.

White Knight: This part is usually overwhelming for most paladins as they are introduced to the end game concept which the class is based upon: elements. You are now exposed to fire, ice and lightning elements which will considerably boost your dps if utilized properly.

No matter your build, by lvl 99, you should have all three elements maxed for your RESPECTIVE weapon choice. There is no going back you must commit now. My recommendation here is to choose a mob, or many mobs you wanna grind at, and max that element first. However, I suggest going Lightning element first because Gobies provide some of the best XP possible around lvl 75 with the recent change to their aggressiveness levels.

Note*: If creeps are not weak to any elements, you still receive a 30% bonus damage from using elements (unless the creep is resistant to that specific element).
    Note*: MP Recovery is extremely important for Hting (By having 11 in mp recovery, you will regen 31 mana, allowing you to use hero will while seduced if HT uses mana burn, potentially saving your life). Shield mastery is largely useless at the current state of the skill, do NOT skill shield mastery.
    If you are willing to grind at gobies (which I believe is the best mob to farm around lvl 75)
    here is the build:
    (1) Lightning Charge
    (2) Fire Charge
    (3) Ice Charge
    (4) Total Crash
    (5) Charged Blow
    (6) MP Recovery

If you enjoy grinding at any specific mob, you can tweak the build for your liking. For example, if you like Ludibrium grinding, I would max Fire before lightning. As we have discussed before. BE ADAPTABLE. Start learning about element weaknesses of mobs and use it to your advantage.

The only important thing is to max 1 specific element at a time to maximise the benefit from the skill.

6.Paladin Skill Build

NO!
    First thing first,
    IT IS MANDATORY FOR EVERY SINGLE PALADIN TO DO THIS AT 120.
    (120) 1 ACB, 1 Heaven's Hammer, 1 Rush. <---- I CANNOT PUT ENOUGH EMPHASIS ON THIS.
    Note: At lvl 120, you will have many skills to obtain through doing quests. I will link the 4th job guide that is very well done : https://royals.ms/forum/threads/4th-job-skill-mastery-book-guide.16552/ (Credits Plenty)

Skill builds. Where do I start. This is where it gets really complicated. Just as WK, there is no single build that is better than the others. It all depends on how you wanna play this out.

The most important thing to do here is ask yourself what you plan on doing for the next 20 levels. I believe there are 3 viable builds you can do that will affect greatly how you will play.

Standard build, most versatile, (Decent for grinding decent for bossing)
    (120) ACB + RUSH + HH
    (2) MAX ACB
    (3) Max Blast
    (4) Max Stance
    (5) Max Holy Charge
    (6) Max Heaven's Hammer
    (7) Rush 20
    (8) Defensive Skills (Achilles or Guardian)

Grinding build, (Extremely good at grinding ToT or Neo Tokyo, absolute trash for bossing)
    (120) ACB + Rush + HH
    (2) Max HH
    (3) Max Rush
    (4) Max ACB
    (5) Max Blast
    (6) Max Stance
    (7) Max Holy
    (8) Defensive Skills
    Note* If you can plan on solo grinding for a while, you can also get MW10 before Blast

Bossing Build (Extremely good at bossing, pretty bad at grinding)
    (120) ACB + Rush + HH
    (2) Max Blast
    (3) Max Stance
    (4) Max ACB
    (5) Max HH
    (6) Max Holy Charge
    (7) Max Rush
    (8) Defensive skills

Note: Max rush could refer to Rush20 since Rush30 is mostly quality of life upgrade and pretty expensive

7.Tips and Tricks

Some things will greatly enhance ur experience playing warriors. Here is a list of thing I highly recommend doing.

[*]Scroll your leveling items with accuracy scrolls if you are missing
    [*]Get a zhelm at lvl 50, save money for this.
    [*]As soon as you are lvl 50, go to every zakum you have the chance to until you get ACB
    [*]Try to get good slimey shoes from KPQ for dex
    [*]CPQ is insane xp, do not skip
    [*]Carry accuracy pots, i suggest the ones from NLC (9 acc 15 avoid)
    [*]Overall dex 60s are relatively cheap, try to scroll a 18-20 dex overall for leveling
    [*]Use maple weapons if possible for the accuracy
    [*]Accuracy mask can be rather cheap, try to get one
    [*]Get 3 pets and scroll their equips for speed, it works on you, try to get 140 speed.
    [*]Get yourself a cute bucc waifu for ez buffs
    8.Training

Why is this so hard? Am I in the right spot?

I am going to be honest, it has been a while since I grinded and leveled low levels, my knowledge might be outdated, gladly will accept recommendations if this section is lacking.

Prior to 20:
    Kerning Blue Slimes

21-30:
    KPQ,
    Teddybears in Ludi

30-50
    CPQ1

51-70
    CPQ2

70-80
    Pirate PQ

75-9x
    Gobies

95-onwards (These levels are brutally hard)
    Headless Horsemen (Hard to find in curent server with this many players)
    Ludi Vikings and Grim Phantoms
    Questing
    Get a squad and start moving up Temple of Time maps
    Himes potentially

120, Time to zoom zoom through the levels
    Temple of Time is your bread and butter, you will level so quickly here
    Neo Tokyo- Tokyo Skies with mavericks
    Papalatus is good as well (120+)
    More Headless Horsemen,
    Bigfoot once u got blast
    Shaolin (145+)
    HT(155+)
    Bodyguards + The Boss (170)
    Toad (175)
    Krex and Zak lvl 135+
    CWKPQ at 125

9.Places where Paladins SUCK

There is no denying that some spots are extremely bad for paladins and it is important to note them.

CWKPQ: The boss stage is terrible for Paladins as the 3 warrior bosses each have different elements they are weak to making your ACB extremely inefficient and you feel like your wasting tons of dps using it. That being said, if you work around this weakness, you could solo morgana using Holy Blast and ur DPS will be insane.

Zakum Arms: There is no denying it here, Heroes and Dark excel here. Not only does your damage cannot compare to their aoe blasting through 3 parts every hit without missing, when you stab on ACB you might hit 1 arms. This makes arms extremely frustrating to deal with as a Paladin as you can hit 4 arms or 1 arm. This weakness subsides quickly however as you outperform DK and Heroes during body with ur single target dps and your ability to clear spawns with ACB. Here is a picture showing how ACB bounces to make INSANE range.

[​IMG]

Scarlion and Targa: This is most likely the worst place for paladins in the game if you decide to tackle on both bosses at the same time. One is Weak to Fire and Strong to Ice , and the other is weak to Ice strong to Fire making one hit do huge damage and one hit doing trash damage. Furthermore, your crash will most likely only affect one boss as their crash wont be synced.
    To remedy this, it is very possible to kill one boss at a time and have enough time to kill both with a decent party. This removes the weakness whilst allowing you to use crash effectively. That being said, if you party with a dark or a hero, you will simply have to deal with doing high damage on one and low damage on the other or try using blast to hit the right one.
    10.Equipment

Paladins are one of the most versatiles classes out there concerning weapon choices.
    I already wrote a thread that explains the advantages and disadvantages of both (can be found in section 3 : https://royals.ms/forum/threads/sword-vs-bw-an-essay-on-the-futility-of-dps.159790/#post-940855). However, I did not delve deeper in budgets, so here I go.

Here are some information that are important to keep in mind.

If you ever plan on making a hero, sword is the logical choice as 1 weapon can serve 2 characters.

Blunt weapons are going to be cheaper than sword route for two reason: CWKPQ has made crushed skull extremely cheap and BW scrolls are still extremely cheap.

If you are going for perfect weapons, 1h will be more expensive than 2h since you need to get 17 slots perfected instead of 7. Also important to note that 30 atk shield and perfect 1 handed weapons are extremely rare in the server and you will most likely need to make your own.
    I did not mention 2h BW because the weapon is VASTLY underpowered.

Therefore, here is how I rank budget builds in terms of price:
    Cheapest: Skull + Shield
    More expensive: 1H SW + Shield
    Most expensive: 2H SW

If you are looking for perfect weapons, here are the builds in terms of prices
    Cheapest: 2H Sword are the cheapest (146 ST is like 26B?)
    More expensive: 1H BW + Shield (Cannot really give a price but lets assume 70ws for wep and 20B for Shield)
    Even more expensive: 1H Sw + Shield (Same boat as Crushed skull but perfect swords slightly more expensive than Perfect Skull)

Some recommendations for budget builds. Some goals to aim for, and I think are doable with selling nx are the following: 140-145 skull , 20 atk shield, 32 stats neos top, 9/12 pants (or 9/20 for females), 10 atk cape, 7 atk shoes, 15 atk gloves. This might seem overwhelming for new players at first, but with time and bossing, a good drop here and there, it is very doable.

As for 2h sword, something around 130 attack? And for 1h, sparta is really cheap, can get like ~133 for cheap or a flame sword like 120-125 attack.

11.Bossing

Bigfoot: Solo Paladin's bread and butter. Some of the best xp in the game if there was a constant stream of bigfoots. Finding them is the hard part!

: Once you have max stance, you can start working on your 4 hit frames. This only works with Claymore/ Skull.

Without max Stance, the frame is 2 hit pause 2 hit pause, Repeat until dead, stay out of range of lollipop

New video 4 hit frame:
    I will explain this frame. This video shows proper 4 hit frames but also how to recover after getting kbed and what happens when a ghost comes in and goofs you frames.
    Explanation of the frame: You cannot get into the 4 hit frame without first getting a 3 hit frame. The 4 hit frame is the continuation of the 3 hit frame. Furthermore, if you miss your first attack of the 4 hit frame, you will need to reset your 3 hit frame. If you hit a ghost, you will need to reset the frame. This is not an afk 4 hit frame that you can do and close your eyes. You need to adapt to circumstances. I also showed that you can hit the frame without needing booster (albeit your margin for error is reduced).

Zakum

Zakum.png

mY8goWH.png

[​IMG]
    This is where you end up when you rush arms to ACB (ICE)
    [​IMG]
    This is the ideal spot to ACB (ICE), notice we can go further right than the previous pic
    [​IMG]
    If you have a dark or hero in ur party, I suggest doing holy ACB here instead of ICE ACB 1 platform down
    [​IMG]
    ACB Hitting 4 arms
    [​IMG]
    ACB Hitting 4 arms right side, note you need to jump attack for this
    [​IMG]
    Once ice arm dies on left side, HOLY BLAST top left arm
    [​IMG]
    When holy arm dies, Blast lightning the curse arm (2nd from floor)
    [​IMG]
    Position to blast lightning arm (2nd from bottom)
    [​IMG]
    How to hit Holy arm top right, need to jump for 100% hit
    [​IMG]
    Alternatively, you could time ur hits when the arm is extended

Video of Erara hitting 3-4 arms with acb 1h skull @Credits Erara

Horntail

AB37FF1C-8668-4489-8128-BFB44E7D00BF.jpeg
    Weaknesses: Horntail.png

[​IMG]
    Optimal hammer spot when killing leg, note, you need to jump to hit max targets
    [​IMG]
    You can hit tail from this spot without triggering mass sed, I jump when tail goes up to hit constantly
    [​IMG]
    Sed spot left side (3 heads up)
    [​IMG]
    Sed spot right side (2 heads)
    [​IMG]
    Sed spot left side 1 head up
    [​IMG]
    Position for Head A, allows you to hit head B when A ducks down instead of missing attacks.
    I also suggest using hammer when head A ducks to minimize dps loss
    Also, when wing goes up, use ACB to hit head A, B and Wing. If you blast ur hitting wing and losing dps
    [​IMG]
    Head C attacking spot, use acb when wing goes up to maximise dps
    Also good hammer spot hits all targets
    [​IMG]
    Head B spot when all heads are down
    [​IMG]
    Good hammer spot hits all targets
    [​IMG]
    Right arm spot
    [​IMG]
    Left arm spot

Video of ACB right side:

Note: Only do double sed if you have a good understanding of sed mechanics. Furthermore, if a hero or dark is in the party, he has priority AOE DPS, you should be using blast exclusively.

Papalatus
    Weakness:
    Fat body: Lightning
    Skinny body : Holy

Video of spot that allows you not to get dispelled. Need max stance for this

Simple boss does not require much explanation, gear up and kill him!

Krex

Krexel.png

Krex is relatively simple
    One the first eye, stand on the platform left of his eye, and rush in everytime u get knockbacked

For the 2nd eye, there is a spot where you can remove stance and hold blast forever without reaching 100 attack limit.

DUNAS v1

Pretty straightforward boss, easily soloable. Required about 20k hp to be safe however for damage reflect. I bring my hb mule and use honsters. Boss gives decent xp and drops element pierce earings worth alot.

12. ~f15:love: Special thanks :love:~f15
    Special thanks to @Donn1e , forced me to make this and took screenshots during our bossing adventures to make this possible. Also kicked my ass to get me to stop being lazy.

[​IMG]

Special thanks to Templar yall the best.

@Ayane for continuously helping me answer questions on the thread!

@Memester for the HT elemental weakness picture!

@ilyssia for making the epic zakum elemental weakness picture

@Jooon for helping me figure our S/C stuff I was losing my mind

All the paladins out there. Its a dirty world, but we are pure.

@tourguide for additional information on low level grinding

@xDarkomantis for additionnal tips on the art of CWKPQing

@chris4real for the pictures of elemental weakness HT/ZAK/KREX
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    EivenOwo, Mimmia, RoyalDC and 53 others like this.
  2. Psyris

Psyris Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Psyris
    Level:
    First.

And, TEMPLARRRRRR

Haplopelma likes this.
  3. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Amazing, very proud of you for managing to keep this nice and organized, I know how much work it took from you :p
    Thank you for helping me discover the qualities of Paladins and helping me decide on my next job.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  4. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Somewhat completed, post here if you want specific parts added,
    If you have any questions, post here
    If you want clarifications ask

I will look here too improve this

5. Kristya

Kristya Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kristya
    Level:
    To Emphasize/add more detail:

- Misunderstood class will lead to having a hard time joining parties

This is so true, Paladins got it rough making bossing friends even though I'm strong :'(:'( (I suggest joining a Guild asap to build relationships)

Blunt weapon vs Sword:
    One important thing to note, Cons: Crushed skulls will most likely have to be self scrolled as people rarely scroll them since it's such a niche item. Scrolls are hard to find in bundles and people always overprice scrolled and clean Crushed Skulls (from experience, I self scroll and owl for Crushed skulls every day).

TRAINING:

30-50 - This is where I would say Maple weapons are a MUST have. (if you have money get a Maple shield with Weapon Attack)
    CPQ1 Reason: you want to be able to hit everything, the weapon gives Accuracy.

Level 35 : Maple Sword (1h)
    (MAX out sword mastery first even if you're going BW.) your earliest Maple BW isn't accessible until level 43
    Reason: Swords are faster than the maple blunt weapons
    IMPORTANT: you will have enough SP to MAX - BW Booster & BW Mastery by the end of 2nd job

Level 43: Maple Soul Singer (1h)
    Reason:
    Same reason as Maple sword

TIP: Once you hit 50 you can start buying APRs (funding while you train)

51-70
    - You might have problems hitting Vikings unless you have a Maple weapon & dex gear.
    CPQ2 I suggest scrolling a Dex robe or Blue crusader chainmail (already comes with dex)
    Reason: Vikings are the fastest/main source of exp in cpq2

Level 64: Maple Soul Rohen (2h)

Reason: Still faster than BWs and stronger than 1h if you don't have a Maple Shield with Weapon Attack

Level 64: Maple Glory Sword (1h)

Reason: I would only suggest this if you have a good WA Maple Shield

70-80 - You can grind here until 85 and use the APR's that you sold to buy leech till 135
    Pirate PQ (as you buy leech you can work on a HS/SE/SI mule as a solution to create and find parties easier for bossing)

Kung, hellozh, Shimeji and 2 others like this.
  6. YesPlease

YesPlease Well-Known Member

genuine question. do people invite paladin into boss parties? might make one because of uniqueness but scared won't get invited to end game bossing.

Haplopelma likes this.
  7. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    @tourguide Ty for the addition, agree with what you say will keep it up as a reference for other players. I would like to note however, that buying leech prior to 120 will make your experience to 120 easier, there is really no need to buy leech after 120 as you grind faster than leech xp with rush+hammer at ToT.

@YesPlease I might have a skewed answer to this as I am one of the most recognizable Paladins out there and have a significant network of bossing friends. That being said, I have been told by other paladins (namely around lvl 135-150) that they had a hard time joining bossing as the people recruiting had no idea what Paladins did. Some exclaimed we did no damage and other claimed we didnt have Aoe. Its simpler to stick with what you know and grab a dk/hero when I believe (and some top players would agree), paladin is superior to them in most boss scenarios.

So, if possible, if theres any paladins out there who can share their success or failure with joining boss squads I would appreciate it.
    One thing is undisputed however, Paladins ARE good at bossing and extremely good at solo bossing if thats your thing.

8. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    great guide pal :)

Jesseh and Haplopelma like this.
  9. YesPlease

YesPlease Well-Known Member

yeah i would definitely love a challenge. thinking about starting one next week. will be looking forward to this guide!

Haplopelma likes this.
  10. Memester

Memester Donator

Not when you get to the element immune blue spawns.

Haplopelma likes this.
  11. Kristya

Kristya Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kristya
    Level:
    Edited my post to include that it's to give them time to start a mule to benefit them in bossing!

Haplopelma likes this.
  12. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Thats true but also lets not forget that we get a huge advantage with clearing the separated version since HH insta kills them up to 20.
    Also, blue ones only spawn at the end of body 2, by the time body 3 comes, you are dealing weakness damage and ur HH clears the separated version

13. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Awesome!!! That is why I made this guide and I am so glad to get more people on board. Furthermore, if you wanna join a community of helpful paladins, we have a guild comprised uniquely of Paladins (you can join as a beginner if you intend to become a paladin). The guild is called Templar. If any other paladin is interested, hit me up or Valens in game we would be glad to assist.

14. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Haplopelma, I feel that you could expand a bit more on Paladins for Cwkpq. Let me help:

While Paladins lack the sheer strength of concentrated AoE compared to their counterparts (Heroes/Dark Knights) when dealing with the Melee bosses in Cwk, they can still thrive in this PQ. They have 3 choices:
    [-] On Melee Bosses - Using Blast to focus Archer Boss first
    - Before the bosses are spawned, Paladins can stand on the left side of the Boss spawns to lock in on the Archer Boss when spawned. A Paladin can typically be expected to kill Archer boss with 1 apple/gelt and a few heartstoppers (or roughly 10~13 mins) when paired with another melee attacker. Afterwards, use Blast to focus down the last 2 bosses, preferably Warrior boss first (Lightening Element) and then cleaning up the Thief boss (Ice Element). This can be ideal when the Ranged Party is very strong/has several ranged attackers and can get to Melee bosses fairly quick.

For players that are unsure how to lock-on with Blast, before rushing the Melee bosses into a corner, you only need to use Blast on the desired target and then rush the bosses. When the bosses are bunched up, you'll still be locked onto the boss you had Blasted first. ACB and Heaven's Hammer can be performed while retaining the lock-on.

[-] On Melee Bosses - Using ACB
    - While it's a disappointment that ACB won't be at it's full strength on 1-weak/2-neutrals, ACB will do more overall damage than using Blast on a single boss of the Melee bosses when 3 of them are up. It's best to use Fire element so that Archer boss will be the first of the three Melee bosses to fall. Afterwards, use Blast to focus down the last 2 bosses, preferably Warrior boss first (Lightening Element) and then cleaning up the Thief boss (Ice Element). This can be ideal in general/or when Melee & Ranged parties have around the same strength or clear time.

[-] On Mage Boss
    - This can be considered the best position for Paladins as they can use their maximum strength/damage output with Holy Charge+Blast. They can solo this boss by themselves and can therefore have the ranged attackers focus Pirate boss until it's down (and the Paladin can decide to either keep attacking Mage or drop down to help with Melee bosses). Usually, this is ideal if there's already two warriors(or melee attackers) on Melee bosses or in a 1 party Cwk where the Paladin is needed to solo Mage boss.

When Paladins are on Melee Bosses, they're best paired with a Strong Melee attacker, typically a Hero/Dark Knight. However, they can also be paired with a Buccaneer (Barrage+Dragon-Strike / Dragon-Strike+Snatch) or Shadower (Band of Thieves+Boomerang Step).

========

[-] How to Farm Hearts As Paladin

A quick video that shows how to farm hearts using Lv1 Rush and Lv30 HH. It's recommended to have 300~500 All-Cure Potions whenever you're farming hearts. If you have higher level Rush, you'll use less All-Cures overall.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  15. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Very good information, as you can see, I have not CWKPQ much in my time here mainly because I barely am able to get in parties. (If you do not mind me asking, do you go in as a solo warrior or do you bring mules)

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that this blast interaction works everywhere, the first thing you blast will always have priority over other creeps and bosses.

Also you point out that ACB is stronger than Blast so why bother with Blast when 3 are up? Is it because killing the stun boss quickly is preferable? I am assuming bosses always spawn in the same spot as well as you mentionned standing left side to get ur blast synced with fire boss.

I will keep it up for additionnal information on CWKPQ as it is very good information but I would still like to note, we are versatile class as you all can see and can work around weaknesses, this does not change the fact that we are significantly weaker then DKs and Heroes in some situations and this is one of them.

Cheers @xDarkomantis

16. Lolitsfunny

Lolitsfunny Well-Known Member

Thanks for the guide :)

Could you add an equipment section for different budgets and weapons?

i'm on a pretty low budget and i chose 1h bw, but i have no idea what to spend money on that would help me the most...

Haplopelma likes this.
  17. Sinner92

Sinner92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Interested in playing Paladin in the future, but what is the optimal HP for a Paladin to wash in order to become to take a seduce role?

Haplopelma likes this.
  18. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Good question!
    My first paladin was a 1H BW + Shield and is not washed. I was doing the SED Role with 13k hp. The truth is that, if you were gonna die with 13k, you most likely would have died with way higher hp. The onus falls on the bishop to keep you safe in most cases. That being said, your biggest role as sed is to let the bishop know sed is coming soon and being in the right spot. If you get seduced to the right while hitting head A, you will most likely die with 13k or 25k hp.

Another thing to take in consideration is Hero's Will. Once you get it, you have a get out of jail card once every 6 minutes, something to keep in mind.

The nice thing about warriors is that, if you equip a zhelm at lvl 50, some random int sources here and there, you will be able to wash relatively high hp with low cost. So if you decide you do not wanna wash early on and decide later on you want more hp, it is doable.

Hope that answers your question, hope to see more paladins being created!

Sinner92 likes this.
  19. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    I had only 1~2 cwks where I went in Warrior w/o muling but in most cases I always bring a (weak) SE mule with me whenever I do Cwkpq on my Paladin. I have Thief, Pirate, and Mage sign too, so it's not difficult for me be in a Cwkpq as I typically organize my own Cwks. I have also done Cwks where I was the Solo Warrior and I was paired up with a Buccaneer and another time a Shadower. Shadower+Paladin makes a surprising combo and is a lot of fun in my opinion.

Some people may not know about it since outside of Cwkpq, you don't really have worry about locking on with Blast. (sidenote: I have a Buccaneer guildie that didn't know how to lock onto Archer boss even though he was already in his lv180s and had been in plenty of Cwk runs)

As I had said before, it can be ideal to Blast kill Archer boss first if the Ranged party is very strong or there's several ranged attackers as they'll be able to make short work of the Ranged bosses and will come down to assist with the Melee bosses. Archer boss can be annoying to deal with as a ranged attacker due to the stuns and possible 1/1 + Poison debuff (= insta-death). Killing the Archer boss first will allow for a smoother run and avoid someone possibly dying.

ActNatural and Haplopelma like this.
  20. ksnur

ksnur Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    WHAT
    deviddd so proooo!

Zugel and lxlx like this.