Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    the price NLs sacrifice for highest dps in game, highest mobility, highest avoidability, lowest cost of potions and 12.5min onyx apples duration I guess.

chainyu0220 likes this.
  2. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    "Although it would be possible to make the new Soul Arrow not consume arrows if you do not have enough, the problem now is that the buff would still use the weapon attack of whatever is highlighted, we can’t force it to use zero attack arrows"

What is wrong with having this instead? Was it not the original intention to buff archers? Why is it that something has to be taken away from a class if you intend to give it a buff?

Its called a buff because you give them something without taking anything in return.

3. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    And also maintain the 10wa boost to diamond/red arrows. Dont wanna take that away from BMs who enjoy bossing.

Just doesnt feel right taking away soul arrow from BMs who dont boss

4. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Highest DPS is corsair, to do the most optimal DPS, NL will require the SE mule or a supporting BM who buffs them.
    highest mobility & avoidability is what makes them NL.
    Alchemist has an advantage but that's about it

Meanwhile when it comes to skillset, BM as a stopper farmer, no NL can do that, and seriously how much weaker do you think the current 73.3 BM is compared to NL.

I'm sorry but, if soul arrow is buffed even further as shared in page 1 & 2 . it will literally be a 4th job level skill.

It breaks the 2nd job skill balance.
    You're literally asking for 10min soul arrow and able to continue shooting even w/o arrows without the punishing factor not having arrow's weapon attack buff.

Thats no different than shadow stars buffed to 10min duration and able to continue shooting afterwards. It is not that hard to understand.

PeepoPeepo, chainyu0220, lee1 and 4 others like this.
  5. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I think making concentrate skill a passive would be too op since it does give +26wa.
    However, if they changed concentrate to a flat 10wa boost passive skill which stacks with other attack pots like apples or stoppers that would have been fine too

JuliusOmega likes this.
  6. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

"highest mobility is what makes them NL"

back at you, "soul arrow is make whats soul arrow, soul arrow"

Alchemist as a skill is already enough to offset the increase in value of recharging stars. 12.5min apple duration saves u millions.

Dont think its fair to suggest bm have to do the same especially if we dont have other advantages NL have.

7. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    soul arrow / shadow stars.
    it's the same. consuming X amount into an infinite amount for a set duration of time.
    If you are doom mongering and saying how BM are leaving this server due to this change.
    My boy.. this is getting out of hand buddy.

What makes u think BM doesn't have the advantages? what about all the other classes?
    BM literally is one of the best stopper farmers in game, with this 10wa buff, probably the best 1v1 self buffed class, able to cheese auf & pirate boss in CWKPQ.

Wake up and smell the coffee, BM doesn't deserve a Weap Atk buff at all, yet getting complaints about soul arrow 10min into 3min 20s & required to recharge arrows.

eVolve, AshPile, lee1 and 7 others like this.
  8. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    idk i have never heard that from anyone ever in the history of maplestory until today.

A determining factor between BMs and NLs was that BMs never had to hold ammunition. Thats part of the advantage we get for getting lower dps in a boss run.

Also, I dont think we should be comparing dps as an individual. Who does bosses as a solo? Even if they do, they bring mules in.

We cannot deny that NL with se is the highest dps class and every boss runs with NL always have SE with them.

Saying BM has a higher dps than NL when NL has no se is just inaccurate because no NLs form a bossing pt with no SE

You cant use that point to substantiate that bm needs to endure the inconveniences NL have, especially when we dont have other perks like high avoidability, alchemist and flash jump mobility

9. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    BMs never had to hold ammunition, this is only a small selfish part of the bossing community that isn't willing to buy arrows or use apples even.
    I sadly can never comprehend.

The advantage is this class is able to perform one of the best buffing skill and demanded by all the other classes that results in a lower dps. and sorry friend.
    Lower dps isn't as low as you think, post 73.3, BM easily out perform many other classes out there.

eVolve, lee1, Jesseh and 3 others like this.
  10. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Unless I am missing something, this is because of hurricane right?

Can we leave MM out of this then? They got enough buffs and no one bosses on a MM can they have the original soul arrow? lmao

Fixlim likes this.
  11. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    MM is gotta be pretty godly in Pink bean & von leon, I'm even considering of making one for these bosses!
    Sorry nope. accept the buff LMAO

Honestly, if reverting the buff, sure.
    Maintaining the buff and still giving them infinite arrows & 10min duration.
    Nope. 2nd Job archer kit is already godly with the crit passive and adding a godly shadow star?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    Gert, lee1, Jesseh and 3 others like this.
  12. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Forget the buff entirely--if you keep bringing up that you don't even use attack arrows and neither do all the BMs you know or whatever. What specifically is the issue? All I see is:
    1. 96 of your Use slots are entirely full all the time
    2. The potion shop in every town on every continent is too far

The thread you also keep bringing up also has mostly positive feedback from BM mains including me (a casual 19x BM main that hasn't reached 200 after 5 years): https://royals.ms/forum/threads/73-3-update-bm-changes.194641/page-4

Kethoe, Nerd and Jooon like this.
  13. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    idk how u can come up with the analogy that soul arrow keeping a wa buff is the same as shadow stars buffed to 10mins.

First of all, soul arrow has never required ammunition. Shadow stars has always required ammunition. Those are the facts.

Secondly, GMs decided that BMs need a buff, not us. Its their decision to give us a buff.

Now you are saying giving us a wa boost without taking the definition of soul arrow away is.. op? Then why is it called a buff?

And you are comparing that to making shadow stars 10min duration?

Your metric doesnt make any sense. We already established that the inconveniences NL have are offset by the advantages NL have in several other areas. BMs do not have these advantages.

Idk how you can suggest BMs need a punishing factor when the update clearly mentioned BMs needing a buff.

14. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    BMs use apples just as everyone else. We use more apples than NLs do since we dont have alchemist. I hardly find that selfish, friend.

I never said BMs dps were low. I only mentioned its lower than NL ina boss run to highlight why NL has to endure inconveniences and BMs should not.

15. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Thank you.

These are facts indeed, its also time that these broken parts of the game that are looked into for some rebalancing.

How about you properly explain the skill ? from what i shared at page 1 & 2.

Soul arrow Description according to what you shared:
    Consumes 200 equipped arrows, allows an infinite number of arrow to be shot for a period of time. (10minutes)
    If the arrows are used up, soul arrow allows the character to fire bow arrows without using any arrows. Only works with a bow in hand.

If i'm wrong, please do share how you would word your suggestion.

lee1, Graces, Jesseh and 2 others like this.
  16. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Just my post alone in that that thread has more support in it being a nerf than the people who actually commented. This is excluding the people who actually voiced their opinions of not liking the update and the people who already left the server because of the update.

I dont know how you came up with the conclusion that most people are enjoying the update

17. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

1) Broken parts of the game that needs to be fixed? Are you referring to the high avoidability NLs have as well? Well we all know what happened then..

2) Soul Arrow description: Consumes mp to give unlimited arrows for 10mins. How it was and how it has always been. Its called Soul Arrow not Shadow Arrow.

Lets take the words of it literally.
    Soul literally does not have a limit
    Shadows have limits

idk how i can simplify this any further

18. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    So you are suggesting completely revert soul arrow yes?
    To punish non casual players who actually uses red arrow & diamond arrow got to go back to this once again, and not using 3-4 stacks of arrow / HT?
    [​IMG]

Or you are saying that by consuming MP. having 1 single red arrow in the inventory will allow the player to have that weapon atk buff from the arrow?

lee1, Jesseh, jeff8434 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Yea i agree with u that bms dont need a buff. However, Im not a GM. I didnt decide on giving this buff.

But they decided to fix whats not broken and in the midst of it all, took away something that many BM players regarded as a huge QOL perk, Soul Arrow.

Do you even know what you are arguing against?

20. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Please read my original post before making such nonsensical claims

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.