73.3 update BM changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TSwifty, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

It's more like there are BM mains that don't care about the QoL aspect of the class; the cost of carrying ammunition is so infinitesimally small to these BM mains that it is a nonissue/nonfactor. I'm not saying that there aren't BM mains that play the class for QoL, but there are also BM mains that play the class for DPS.

Your QoL nerf is other BM main's DPS buff. Of course there are several fixes that you suggested in the other thread that would satisfy both QoL BM mains and DPS BM mains.

tazan likes this.
  2. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    thats what im trying to advocate

3. jcstate

jcstate Donator

Country Flag:
    Nope never asked why you were whining, I can clearly see that. You can whine all you want. I'm done responding to you, as this back and forth is not adding anything to the thread. I've stated my opinion. I'm out, peace.

4. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Your point is correct. However the debate isnt about reverting the update. Its about the GMs not implementing it better which could satisfy all types of players with no drawback.

The goal was to buff bms. There are a lot of ways to do so without having this reduction in qol which could be easily done.

5. Pet Frog

Pet Frog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PurpleFrog
    Level:
    I am not for or against the change and not a BM, but as a MM main whose kept 16-24 stacks of blue/diamond arrow(yes overkill) before the update along with pots, scrolls, and misc I personally have not had issues with inventory management and still think I have plenty of room to spare. Now so even more I can cut down my arrows to only 8-12 sets max, enough for b2b HT. Maybe I'm on the other side of the fence since I never really used soul arrow pre-update(for strafe sound cue purposes), but just for saving inventory space alone I do not mind buffing for a measly few seconds every boss. Can imagine half those arrows are pot slots now instead. Just going to Showa before any major boss hasn't been any hassle for me and I just store extra sets in storage for easy access.

I don't play the meme class for damage obviously, but because I enjoy playing it. The WA increase is of course a nice addition to be somewhat on par.

upload_2021-8-6_11-42-1.png

chainyu0220, Jinium, Nerd and 15 others like this.
  6. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    Personally speaking as a BM main too I never had any issues with restocking arrows or Use management. I would always run to buy Diamond Arrows because they had the highest attack and I was an active attacker, so obviously attack was preferred for me instead of using Soul Arrow. I never had Soul Arrow in my skill rotation.
    The idea of making Soul Arrow give attack is impossible to implement (answer I was given when I asked about it.)
    It's really not hard to manage your Use tab, I usually put scrolls at the top then my arrows in about 2 full sections, and then the other 2 full sections are for pots/attack pots.
    I don't think the change is as bad as you are making it out to be.
    upload_2021-8-6_17-2-10.png

Nerd, Al3x, HelmetCheck and 6 others like this.
  7. Kepler

Kepler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kepler
    Level:
    I like all the BM changes, thanks for 10att GMs

nut, Al3x, HelmetCheck and 11 others like this.
  8. Metronome

Metronome Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Metronome
    Level:
    Amen bro

9. Pea

Pea Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Peanutsss
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    just dont getting rid of the alt +tab "bug ,BM like run krexe feelings :8):

HelmetCheck and Nerd like this.
  10. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create

this person is right, many other projectiles have more attack than the currently deployed arrows

11. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:

hmm okok here we go, i try to be as simple as i can ok

DRAGON BOW 145 WA
    DRAGON PURPLE SLEEVE 95WA

MAGIC THROWING STARS 1.3-1.4B
    ARROW IDK 200K OR SMTH

CALCULATE CALCULTE BEEP BOOP,

happy national day singapore btw

Virgo, nut, tazan and 2 others like this.
  12. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    good . Unless the arrows are rechargeable, does that seem good or not?

13. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    yeah me too
    [​IMG]

Virgo, nut, MoriForest and 2 others like this.
  14. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    All I'm getting from this thread is that you're telling me I shouldn't collect every shitty defense scroll and HP scroll I can get my grubby little hands on?

15. Gwaihir

Gwaihir Donator

Country Flag:
    Just want to give my thoughts on the new skill changes. I don't play much on my BM anymore after I've hit 200 except as a SE mule or the occasional NX farming on Pap/Chao/Ephenia.

I actually like the changes the GM made.

When I've used to main my BM, I would sometime carry 24-48 stacks of diamond arrows and I'd still have enough slots for pots/acp/pet foods/scrolls. But with the new skill change, I believe you wouldn't even need to carry that much stacks of arrows. Though I do agree to allow Soul Arrow to still work without arrows in your inventory. We should still have the option to use Soul Arrow without the ATT benefits if we don't have any arrows in our inventory.

Regarding alt+tab, it is something I've used to take advantage of back when I played on my BM especially during Krex run. Compared to playing on my Paladin now, I barely had to pay much attention on my BM and can multitask while my BM attacks. I won't comment if removing this is good or bad thing. I'll let you guys decide. ;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  16. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    not here about soul arrow but boy HAMSTRING working on bosses, is a god send buff

ggood job staff

17. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VeliZer0
    Level:
    Are you serious? Are you high? In what bosses does this hamstring thing do any good?
    BF? Yeah maybe but considering BF's nerfed hitboxes unable to hit you properly, this makes this braindead boss even braindeader.
    Anego? Can be helpful but not really needed, as BM Anego is super easy to pin
    Kachuu Musha? He doesn't even need to get close to you, he will chop you in half mid-screen
    Zakum? Krexel? Toad? Honktail? None of those for obvious reasons
    Auf Haven? or every other major Boss? I'm sure there's a reason people R> Warrior and buccs to keep the most dangerous bosses pinned, and most of them are already slow at hell.

Never in my life not even in the most broken servers I've puts any points into Hamstring. What if instead you overhaul this skill so it accomplishes a really useful effect instead of being another SP dumpster after filling your important DPS skills and Moltres

18. skyb

skyb Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skyb
    Level:
    15x
    Is it actually useful?

17x SE here... will wait before posting any feedback regarding changes. I've had issues accessing the server consistently lately...

While I think soledar is being overdramatic, I don't think most people appreciate having their class changed so fundamentally. If you had played the same way for several years, you would not appreciate having to adapt to gameplay you didn't necessarily ask for.

These Nls comparing the changes to their class, please leave. Our game experience is significantly different than yours - nls have had every advantage in just about everything. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a 5 minute soul arrow. 15 weapon attack on the arrows too please (half serious about this one, but would anyone actually care if we got 5 more weapon attack. still one of the weakest and most frustrating classes to play across the board)

19. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    I didn’t have the time to test that yet but I think It will be quite useful there. Slower Auf Haven movement means sed is less deadly

Aradia Megido and Cooler like this.
  20. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    calm down lol, i am too just experimenting with different combinations post patch to see what work and not.
    But hamstring update made a big difference in CWK pirate boss, Dunas V2, and Auf

For tokyo bosses:
    IMO having hamstring debuff changes the whole meta of the boss fight, as the boss moves like snail, u can just have warrior/shad (any party combinations work now) instead of a mandatory bucc to pin the boss, and not worry about the boss rampaging around killing and dp everyone

For cwk:
    my nl never get DP as long as the debuff is on the pirate boss

and this is not on-paper, i did a run for each , tho only once my initial thoughts were great about this particular change

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    lee1, Virgo, Geyforlife and 3 others like this.