Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Let me shed some light on this:
    The player who got his Claymore stolen is very known within the community, most of the people involved know exactly who that is.
    He's not the kind of guy to get into forum dramas, he would rather take the L and keep farming, anything to avoid conflict and acheive peace of mind.
    Not to mention he doesn't speak much english and it's difficult for him to participate in those discussions.
    Is that the right action in this case? in my opinion no, but I have to respect his decision.
    I also don't think Saledor gaslighting him into thinking its in his best interest to stay silent helped it.

Riv, CodGhost, lxlx and 8 others like this.
  2. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    The discord message really does give off a bit of a vibe of some kind of weird harassment/ control dynamic. The way Saledor is treating his victim is disturbing. It was disturbing from the very start, when he sold the guy's own weapon to him for 29 billion. Would have been more ethical to just 'own' the actions, and to go sell it to a stranger for 32 billion. I wonder if the real reason Saledor did the 'generous' sale for 29 billion was to humiliate his victim and increase the chance of him keeping quiet about what has happened.

3. Geto

Geto Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Naobito
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Northern
    I don't think you can say much Mr. Kanzir.

Javier, OnlyFrans, hoisanlow and 8 others like this.
  4. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Nah, i can tell you exactly why he did that.

upload_2023-11-22_15-40-32.png

That's exactly why. Narcissist. He sold him back the claymore at 29b so he can tell himself he is a good person and that he's doing the victim a service by selling him cheaper than market but truth is he doesn't give a shit about the victim.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    hvrrxson, MerIot, Nerite and 15 others like this.
  5. MitchyD

MitchyD Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLust
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Starlight
    At what point does excessive piling on become sustained harassment because this is likely approaching it.

lychie likes this.
  6. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    It's not harassment to be outraged at shitty behaviour. Saledor can make the whole problem go away by refunding his victim 29 billion.

Screenshot from 2023-11-22 20-52-50.png

I think most of the community agrees that this is shitty behaviour.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    hvrrxson, Keane, Nerite and 12 others like this.
  7. MitchyD

MitchyD Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLust
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Starlight
    I think we all agree that looting something that someone was drop trading is abhorrent behaviour.
    With that said Saledor is well within his rights to do as he wishes with the looted item.
    This might be a foreign concept to others but if you drop your item you are accepting that it might no longer be retrievable.

This thread and other subsequent posts are no longer 'Hey X looted Y's dropped perfect weapon and I think that's bad' and more so 'Hey X is a dickhead because I analyzed his behavioural patterns and came to this conclusion'.

blackkuroe and lychie like this.
  8. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I think we have been very civil to be fair, if you think thats excessive piling, you should really check past drama threads where everyone was throwing poop at each other.
    Here we have done nothing but present our evidence and cold facts, with some people giving their opinion on the matter and why they think its justified to add him to the Blacklist.
    Personally, I really tried to keep my emotion out of it, not like I did on the memes thread earlier.

I think you are focusing on the wrong thing to be fair, is that really what worries u the most in this case?
    Also, if Saledor's words are to be taken seriously - he doesn't care what people think about him anyway.
    Imo you should let it be and not derail the conversation to another subject, let him reply with his side.

Tobi, CodGhost, Kenny and 9 others like this.
  9. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Other players have the right to disagree with an individual's action (even if the said action does not violate T&C directly)

As there are many actions in the gray area zone that would be difficult to be listed as black and white in the T&C, this is also why Community Blacklist exists so that the Community as a whole can discuss what's acceptable

1 example would be the quality of service in leech agreements, such as if the leech seller MIA for too long (didn't pause timer), or if the leech buyer suddenly loots items in the map without the seller's permission, neither are against the act of T&C directly so it's up to the community to determine what are "acceptable"

At the same time, a gentle reminder to everyone here about criticism of certain players due to their actions is fine, but please avoid escalating the situation to personal attacks such as "he's probably ugly and anti-social in real life" or "he doesn't have a mom" as such comments would be removed and issued WP accordingly

It's completely fine if you guys disagree about what should have been done in the situation (even if it isn't against T&C), but please refrain from excessive flaming as I am keeping a close eye on the situation

CodGhost, Donn1e, okki and 1 other person like this.
  10. 7upinice

7upinice Donator

Is he Voldemort?

11. MitchyD

MitchyD Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLust
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Starlight
    Leeching is service being offered from one player to another for a fixed amount of meso.
    Poor service can likely be akin to scamming and thus would warrant being blacklisted.

The discussion should be around whether:
    A: Looting a drop traded item is blacklist worthy or
    B: Saledor's actions or words following the looting warrant being blacklisted.

FeistyFox likes this.
  12. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    I think Dave was just using this as an example of a well-known situation that is not ban-worthy, but is definitely blacklist worthy. As the current situation (looting drop traded items) might also fall into the category of not ban-worthy, but is blacklist worthy.

CodGhost likes this.
  13. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gewn
    Guild:
    Rice
    just a word of caution to new players defending in this situation (cuz I see there’s a lot)

I myself ’defended’ a blatant RWTer when I just started playing on this server because I didn’t know any better and I just knew that he was my friend so I believed in him. I’m not saying anyone is RWTing in this situation but when you don’t have the full picture and you’ve only had good experiences with the person you are defending, it may be an error to peel so hard for them

take a step back and just wait for the situation to unfold. he hasn’t even said anything himself publicly and you guys are all coming to his defense.

lastly, keep in mind that a lot of us have seen his actions and words over a few years. don’t be so quick to dismiss what is being said here just because you’ve only had good interactions with someone. stay aware and I hope you enjoy your friendship

Nerite, Tobi, Tail and 20 others like this.
  14. MitchyD

MitchyD Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLust
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Starlight
    This is a blacklist thread not a ban list thread.
    I'm aware that Dave's examples are purely blacklist worthy offences.
    I'm not discussing whether he should be banned or not.

If the community feels as though looting drop traded items is a blacklistable offence then he should be included to the list.

15. sounaa

sounaa Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Souna
    Guild:
    Reverse
    same guy who cried about receiving a random singular defame several months ago and never let it go

Nerite, chuckfan581 and Gunit like this.
  16. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Please don't derail this to personal fights.

Now back to the subject, here's an update:
    We spoke to the player who lost his Claymore to get some clarity (thanks @PinaColadaPirate for translating and @lxlx for setting it up).
    What he said is as follows:
    1. He described the event from his point of view, which lined exactly with my main post here, no facts twisted
    2. Saledor now has permission to post here and talk about everything and explain his side, he will message Saledor himself to make sure he knows
    3. He will make a statement aswell if needed after Saledor's comment

So here we go, there is nothing preveting @Saledor from explaining everything now.

Tobi, onetwotree, Riv and 19 others like this.
  17. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    aren’t you the guy who followed stalked and defamed japanese players for like a month straight

you’re literally on here lol

Tobi, Tail, MoriForest and 12 others like this.
  18. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I have been given permission to describe the events that took place.
    Some context, this was an issue that happened in April 2023 between me and said person so its puzzling why some people claim to have a moral high ground but only chose to weaponize said screenshots now. In any event, that is none of my business so I will just describe what happened.

April 26 2023, I was surfing channels at Rose Garden. I saw three afk players which at that time, I did not know belong to the same person. I also saw a dragon claymore on the ground. I observed for a bit and realised the three players/characters were afk at that time so I looted the claymore off the ground. I tried selling it to the npc and realised it was yellow tagged and realised it was not a junk equipment someone threw.

I tried speaking to the three characters there by typing hello.. and ???? several times to which I have taken a screenshot of when I reported the incident to the GMs/Staff. No one replied me so I started asking around in guildchat and buddy chat asking what I should do. Believe it or not, I just did not want to get banned for looting something valuable off the ground. I stayed there for a good 10 minutes or so and no one replied or even talked to me. Note that this was not an incident of him/her xferring equipment and I went straight to loot it whilst knowing that. It was an equipment on the floor, with no one claiming possession of it.

After 10 minutes, I was about to leave because I wanted to do my RG run and then I saw one of the characters buffing. I said hello and wanted to ask if he knew anything about the claymore. At that point in time I actually did think of returning the claymore if I knew for certain he was the owner. I changed my mind immediately after as all I got in response was, cc pls or map taken by one of those chars, something along those lines. So I did. I cc-ed. I found an empty map and did my run before submitting a report to the GMs after getting feedback from the people on my buddylist and guildmates.

I want to emphasize that at no point in time was I.. "bragging" unless your definition of "bragging" involves "what do you think I should do with it" or "should I make a report now" ... "would I get banned this is so weird this never happened before".

I made a report and I was told to keep it in the bank and not touch/sell it. At that time word has spread and there were several people "claiming" that it was theirs. I took this as a joke or banter and waited for GMs to get back to me. On the second day, said person pmed me claiming that the claymore was his. So I started asking for details because more likely than not he had something to do with it since the character he pmed me on was one of the chars that was afk there at that time. He asked for it back immediately and I said "why didnt you say anything yesterday? I was there for so long and all you did was ask me to leave/cc. That was rude dont you think? I cant even confirm whether it is yours as there were 2 other people there" Anyway I am not taking chances so I am waiting for GMs to reply before I decide what I want to do with it. I made it clear to him that as he did not tell me then and there that it was his item and I had every right to choose if I wanted to return the item or sell it away, even if it was not to him. he pestered me for a few more minutes asking when he could have it back and I declined.

2-3 days later iirc Tim replied to me and said that it was a legitimate item and players who drop their gear have every chance of losing it or something along those lines i cba to check the report and that the item was not some dupe/illegitimate item and I was free to do whatever I wanted with it. Originally on the day of the report I said that if they could find the player for me they were free to return it to them or I could return it to them. After the correspondence with said player I changed my mind. I was not even given an apology or an explanation I was just demanded to return it back. I pmed him after I received the response and told him that GMs confirmed that it was not a dupe/illegitimate item and I want time to consider what to do with it. I told him that I would probably sell it on the marketplace. I never had any intention to hide this because my conscience is clear. I would sell it openly in the market but he said he will buy it back. He asked for a discount and I said sure. He took a screenshot of the deal and sent it to me on discord, he said ty i said ty. he added me bl and i accepted. end of story.

To the people who knew of what happened since I was chatting at that time asking for advice on what I should do, I updated them that I sold the equipment to the said person for 29b, which explains the screenshots people have been claiming that I was "bragging" in. That was the end of it and I told said person that I would not talk about it to anyone after the date.

In July, I was banned by mistake and initially I did not want to post screenshots of anything because I knew it was a false ban and I was going to get unbanned soon. Until I realised this was not the case and GMs were asking me in specific details where I got my mesos from. My net worth after 7 months from Dec 2022 to July 2023 was around 130-140b depending on the value of cs/ws. Removing the value of the claymore it would be around 110b in 7 months. I tried to explain it to the GMs that I have already made a report on this so this amount of mesos should be set aside in calculating my wealth but I did not want to reveal the incident and the identity of the person as it was his privacy and I made a promise. So I said I received mesos from a well known player to which I made a report and GMs have checked it out.

When I realised that this ban appeal was going to take longer than I thought. I dropped a discord pm to said person and told him that I would not reveal his identity or talk about the incident in the ban appeal as I was worried he would think that way. Say what you want, paint me in a bad light, call me an asshole for gaslighting him but the genuine truth was I just did not want to be seen as someone who would break my word. It was just some reassurance which I would have wanted if I was in his position. Perhaps I was too naive to think people would think the same way as me and on hindsight I really should have been more selfish and just cared about my own appeal.

Thats the end of the story. This whole incident ended in April 2023. You can shame me and throw dirt on my name but honestly there is a limit to kindness and anyone who claims to have the moral high ground, including the people who possess and spread those screenshots can explain why they decided to say nothing about it when it happened and only releasing them now, conveniently after I got unbanned. I have no reason to lie about the above and you are free to cross reference with the actual person if you want to. At the end of the trade he agreed that it was his mistake for not checking and that the item would have disappeared if I did not loot it. He did not even realise it was gone until someone told him about it. He said he learnt a lesson not to xfer gear via drop anymore, which is why he offered to buy it back from me though he asked for a discount which I obliged.

I hope you realize that all the facts you mentioned yesterday, including stating that I saw he was xferring gear and purposely went to loot it were all wrong and out of context. This doesn't deny the fact that I decided to sell it back to him rather than give it back but as I mentioned above, several factors were considered during the two days including his remarks to me, his attitude to me and the time lapse in which I had to find out who the owner was, make a report etc. I am still of the position that if you drop something in game you bear the risk of losing it. Some people may be nice and return them but dont force your morals unto others. If it is against the rules then go ahead and ban me or blacklist me but all things considered I do not regret my actions. If said person was not afk at that time and said he dropped it by mistake I would have returned it on the spot. I am sure the screenshot I posted in my report would have shown that. I just changed my mind and I have every right to do so.

Now apart from calling me dipshit behaviour, reflect on yourselves and ask yourself honestly if you are really doing this to defend a friend or solely because you have issues with me. If you were doing this solely to defend your friend I applaud your actions but it would have been nice if you gotten the facts right from the beginning. I find it difficult to believe, that from my conversation with said person yesterday on discord, he had no idea what was going on and he even asked me if I was the one who started talking about it again.

If the admin of this thread read what I said above and still has the opinion that I am a complete jerk for doing what I did, I accept my punishment and will gladly advocate for me to be blacklisted on this thread. Otherwise this will be the end of the matter for me.

lozy, Relievz, akash and 4 others like this.
  19. incostancy

incostancy Donator

IGN:
    Inconstancy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Interesting story
    :pepeboba::pepeboba::pepeboba:

Nerite, TheIndigo, Tail and 9 others like this.
  20. DickDann

DickDann Well-Known Member

IGN:
    DLCKDANN
    Guild:
    KERNING
    Do you mind to share the screenshot. It could help your side of the story.

Sen, Nerite, Tail and 13 others like this.