GPQ (Guild PQ) Guide 2023

Discussion in 'Guides' started by bibz, Dec 18, 2021.

1. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    [​IMG]

Hello! Welcome to the most up to date and most detailed GPQ guide that you will find.

WARNING: Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, because it is relatively easy to fail this PQ

Table of Contents
    1. Rundown
    2. Start The PQ
    3. Earrings
    4. The Statues
    5. Longinus Spears
    6. Fountain of the Wiseman
    7. Waterway Maze
    8. Ergoth
    9. Bonus Room
    10. Example Videos
    Bonus Room Map: [​IMG]

The Rundown

Guild PQ is a party quest in Perion that can only be completed with guildmates, and it is a rather complicated PQ that can be very fun if the entire party cooperates and communicates with each other effectively. Everyone will need to participate and you'll get the most out of the bonus stage with as many people as possible. You acquire Guild Points (GP) that boost your ranking on the Guild Leaderboard that you can see on the Honorable Rock NPC, along with some noteworthy skillbooks, and Tokens of Teamwork.

Meso Worthy PQ Rewards:
    [​IMG] Assassinate 30
    [​IMG] Ninja Storm 30
    [​IMG] Taunt 30

What You'll Need:
    • Party of at least 6: Everyone needs to be in the same guild. If less than 6 people are present in the PQ, the entire run will fail and you will be warped out. You can have more than 6 people.
    • Jr. Master of Guild: Required to start the PQ and to be in the run to speak to certain NPCs.
    • Lvl 10-30 Noob Attacker: This character needs to kill 20 mobs and complete a jump quest. I recommend a level 25-30 Magician.
    • 1 Mage: Needs at least lvl 1 Teleport.
    • 1 Thief : Needs Dark Sight and Max Haste. Flash Jump is recommended for the bonus and some JQs.
    • 1 AoE Character OR 1 Ranged Attacker: Meteor/Genesis/Blizzard/Dragon Roar or NL/BM work.
    • Attackers that can kill Ergoth
    Starting The PQ
    • Head to Perion: Excavation Site <Camp>.
    • Have your Jr. Master start the PQ by speaking to Shuang.
    • Speak to Shuang again to enter the waiting area (3 minutes)
    • If there are not 6 members in the waiting area at 1min left, you will be warped out.
    • Enter the PQ when the portal opens.
    [​IMG]

Wear The Earrings
    • The next two maps will have purple rocks embedded in the walls. [​IMG]
    • Auto-attack the purple rocks to obtain Protector Rock Earrings.
    • Equip the earrings before you enter the 3rd map, otherwise you will die.
    • Dying here will cause you to lose EXP and Safety Charms.
    • Wear the earrings for the entire PQ otherwise you will die.
    Note: If you die at any point of the PQ for any reason, you will just need to walk back from the first map. You will not fail the PQ for dying, but be sure to equip your earrings!

Statue Stage
    • This is basically “Simon Says” with an increasing number of commands per round.
    • Jr. Master will talk to the NPC in the middle to start each round.
    • Statues will light up in a sequence, 4 statues for the 1st round, 5 statues for the 2nd, and 6 for 3rd.
    • 1 Person on the LEFT to watch the statues and 1 Person on the RIGHT.
    • Use Party Chat to keep track of the sequence of statues and auto-attack them in the same sequence in tandem with the other teammate.
    • Tip: Don't use a longer weapon like a spear or two-handed sword or you could hit the wrong statue.
    [​IMG]

Note: You won’t ever fail for failing too many times, but if you fail once you return to the first sequence of 4 statues, and have to start all over again. Also, it’s best for the rest of the party to stay quiet and wait patiently in the middle.

Spear Stage
    • The next objective is to gather 4 Longinus Spears that are locked behind 3 Jump Quests and an obstacle that requires a Mage and Thief to work together, and to place them in the Room of Justice.
    • You can only hold one Spear in your inventory.
    [​IMG]

Jump Quest Room:

• There are three jump quests with lasers in this room, ordered easiest to most difficult.
    • Once you’ve made it to the top, auto-attack the spear to release it from it’s chains, and press jump while you loot to take it into your inventory.
    [​IMG]

Mage/Thief Spear:

• Part 1 Room requires killing Muscle Stones to obtain a key that will unlock the Part 2 Room. It’s best if the mage does this since they can mob. Drop the key in front of the sealed door to unlock it.
    • Part 2 Room requires the mage to teleport to the bottom right of the room. The mage needs to auto-attack the box along with some rocks on top of it to obtain a Silver Key that will unlock a door in the top left of this room.
    • The thief takes the Silver Key from the mage (ideally by /trade) after using Dark Sight to reach the top right and unlocks the door to reach the Longinus Spear.
    • Don't forget to reuse Dark Sight before you come back out of the room with the spear.
    • You can technically do the top part of this room with a warrior that has enough HP and max Achilles or a mage with high HP and magic guard, or a Shad with meso guard.
    [​IMG]

Placing The Spears:

• More Jump Quests. There are four arranged horizontally; 1 requires haste/teleport and 1 requires teleport.
    • To avoid wasting someone’s time, let your party know which JQ you’ve completed.
    • Type “oxoo” in Party Chat to indicate which JQ you’ve done.
    • To iterate on someone else’s message, just replace the o with an x. “xxoo”, etc.
    [​IMG]

Fountain of the Wiseman

Probably the most confusing part of the PQ for most people. The next stage requires you to make 4 offerings to 4 statues using a combination of 4 types of etcs. I’ll try to explain this as best as possible but if it is still confusing, please let me know.

If you did the Maple Tree PQ, this is essentially the snail shell stage but with 4 options and 4 different etcs. Officially, this game is called Mastermind which is a real board game. In Mastermind terms, we have 4 pegs, 4 colours, and duplicates allowed. Here is a link to a solver you can use: https://nebupookins.github.io/JS-Mastermind-Solver/ You can also refer to Grace's guide for this.

You will need the following etceteras which we will call Medal, Scroll, Wine, and Food for the sake of brevity.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Basic Information:
    • You need to place offerings in front of the 4 statues in the correct combination.
    • Whoever loots the ETC is the only one who can pick it back up again once dropped.
    • 4 Scroll ETCs and 4 Medal ETCs will drop from the mobs in the main room. Pick them up in a timely manner or they will despawn and you will fail the PQ.
    • 4 Wine ETCs are located in boxes in the top left room, and 4 Food ETCs are in platters in a jump quest in the top right room.
    • The Jr. Master can check the combination 7 times, and receive feedback about the offerings.
    • The NPC will tell you how many of the offerings are of the correct type, how many are in the right place, and how many are just the wrong offering.
    • After 7 failed attempts, mobs will spawn and you will need to restart all over again with a new combination.
    • If you placed 1 of each ETC and it keeps telling you to only drop 1 offering per statue, there may be an event ETC that dropped for the person who killed the mob that you can't see (such as Nevermelting Snow). Get the person who killed it to loot it, or try getting everyone to enter a room and come back.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If # of Vassals are Pleased: # of ETCs are in the correct position.
    If # of Vassals received an Incorrect Offering: # of ETCs are part of the combination but aren't in the right place.
    If # of Vassals received an Unknown Offering: # of the ETCs placed are not part of the combination.

Once you have successfully placed the correct combination, the hidden exit on the left will open up and you can proceed to the Waterway Maze stage.

Waterway Maze
    Ready for more Jump Quests? This is the last of them, I promise. This stage requires you to obtain 4 ETCs that are locked behind several jump quests that vary in difficulty. In order to get to these JQs, it is a bit of a maze where you'll have to navigate through teleports. If you have max Haste or Jump, you can just jump onto the platforms to get to the right one.

Be sure to obtain the ETC before proceeding to the exit, as there is no way of going back to a JQ once you've passed through it, other than taking off your earrings and dying and walking back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Shoes Jump Quest: This JQ can be completed by anyone, and skills can be used in the JQ map.

• This JQ is pretty straight forward, and movement skills are permitted here.
    • Go from LEFT to RIGHT, reach the ladder, go from RIGHT to LEFT, where you'll reach the final part where you go from LEFT to RIGHT to hit a box to obtain the shoes.
    • The exit is on the 2nd part so jump down to leave once you've obtained the shoes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Pants Jump Quest: This JQ can be completed by anyone.
    • Part 1 requires you to kill the 9 Puppet Golems [​IMG] and collect the Signs of Evil (9) that they drop. [​IMG]
    • Drop the ETCs in front of the sealed door on the right, which will allow you to enter the Jump Quest.
    • Pretty straight forward JQ but lowkey annoying, no mobility skills allowed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Top Jump Quest:
    This is the JQ that requires a character with an AOE attack to complete.
    • The reason why the character that completes this should have an AOE skill is because there is a Gargoyle mob at the top of the map that needs to be killed, in order for other Gargoyle mobs to be spawned.
      [​IMG]
    • You can also hit the gargoyle with a ranged attacker by teleporting to the top platform but it's very difficult as it will keep hitting you with magic attacks and knock you off the little platform you need to be on to hit it. NL is best for this.
    • Once you've eliminated this nasty little creature, more of those little nasties (8) will spawn at the bottom which you will kill to collect Signs of Evil (8) [​IMG] .
    • Drop the ETCs in a stack in front of the sealed door on the right, and you'll gain access to the jump quest.
    • The JQ requires you to navigate to the very top of the map to hit the box containing the Hat. Follow the photo below to know which teleport to take to get to the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hat Jump Quest: This is the JQ that requires the "noob" attacker to kill 20 Devil Slimes.
    • [​IMG] Kill 20 of these slimes and loot their etc drops. Once you've done that, drop the Signs of Evil (20) in front of the sealed door on the right, which will give you access to the JQ.
    • The Devil Slimes are pretty tanky, so you'd need a character that's ideally 25-30 so it's a bit stronger. I recommend Magicians the most because they don't suffer from accuracy issues.
    • In the next map, navigate to the TOP LEFT to obtain the Hat ETC before leaving through the TOP RIGHT.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Putting It All Together:
    • In the exit map, you'll see Sharen III's skeleton on the ground next to the exit. Drop the ETCs on top of his body.
    • They'll be absorbed in the order of Shoes > Pants> Top > Hat.
    • You don't have to drop it all at once, but it won't be absorbed unless the previous ETC in the order was dropped.
    • Speak to Sharen III's soul to complete the stage and proceed to the next stage.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Boss Stage
    Before I get into anything, I just want to warn you all to not use Meso Explosion in this boss fight. It has somehow blown up or bugged out the ETC that drops from the boss which you need to proceed to the bonus room, and you will basically fail the PQ and waste a shit ton of time.
    • In the next map, you'll be in a corridor with a door at the end. To gain access to the boss fight, a character has to open their Equipment window, and take off the earrings by dropping them on the floor in front of the door.
    • Do not just double-click to unequip the earrings. You will die but the door won't open. Be sure to DRAG THE EARRINGS ONTO THE FLOOR from your Equipment window.
    • Anyone can make the sacrifice but usually the "noob attacker" is the sacrifice since it's usually a mule.
    • If you're too weak to survive the boss fight, you can stay LEFT or enter through the little crack on the pillar in the middle of the room.
    creds to @/christopher chance for the photo
    [​IMG]
    • Anyone who entered through the crack in the pillar in the last map will be safe in what I call the 'observation deck'.
    • To spawn Ergoth, hit the Rubian that's on the throne. Ergoth does Magic/Weapon cancel but if you have all ranged attackers it won't activate.
    • The 4 statues will do 1/1, Curse, and Dispel. You don't have to kill them to proceed to the Bonus Stage, but it's easier to kill them all.
    • Ergoth will drop the Rubian [​IMG] ETC which the Jr. Master needs to loot to speak to the NPC on the left.
    • Once you speak to the NPC and finish the dialogue, you'll be teleported to the Bonus Stage.

Boss Level:
    Magic Attack: 9K
    Touch Damage: 3K

[​IMG]

The Bonus Room
    Difficult bonus stage. I would recommend to have at least 5 people, but if you have less than that you just need to accept that you're not going to open a lot of boxes. I highly recommend bringing mages with pet loot if you're just trying to maximize # of boxes opened, because the distance between each box is very large and mages can teleport very easily between them. I open 6-7 boxes reliably on a mage.

Here is a map with recommended options to split up the boxes between team members. And yes, I do recommend you share the splits like you would in a boss run, and not take the items for yourself like APQ. This is after all a guild PQ and it fosters the community if you share.

• Haste is essential, Teleport or Flash Jump are recommended.
    • Turn on your pet loot and hopefully they have all the pet equips too.
    • Boxes are very far apart and there is not much time in this room.
    • You spawn in the middle and there are 2 teleports that bring you to the top corner in the opposite side of the room.
    • To get the most out of this bon, I would recommend bringing as many people as you can or going in on a Mage or Night Lord.
    • All characters will be teleported to the bonus room regardless of where they were.
    [​IMG]

AAND that's it! You did it. It'll probably really tough and confusing your first few times but after doing this PQ a couple of times it becomes more intuitive and fast. I hope this guide helped.

Example Videos
    If you're more of a visual learner and would rather watch a run happen, here are two videos of me running GPQ with 3 other people. First video is on a Night Lord and second video is on the "noob" mule that completes the noob room and JQ.

CREDITS: Ty Christopher Chance for the old GPQ guide that had a lot of good details and information that I used for my guide. Lastly, PLAYBOYS for bringing on my first GPQ runs and teaching me how to run / lead, especially @Zomgturkey who was literally there on my first run and showed me how to do stuff. ILY ALL and I MISS YOU ALL~

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    insertfood, RedOA, Tail and 59 others like this.
  2. NekoYen

NekoYen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yeniiee
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    SO PRO GUIDE! Vivi idol ~f14

3. nut

nut Donator

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
  4. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    IT'S FINALLY DONE (for now)... ~f18

5. OneHashim

OneHashim Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hashim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rice
    I preferred not knowing how to do anything and letting everyone else carry.

Now I have to participate, thanks.

6. jsoetojo

jsoetojo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Soobs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rice
    this guide is so prettyyyyy

SleepySleepy and bibz like this.
  7. SleepySleepy

SleepySleepy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BadHead
    Level:
    Guild:
    Charm <3
    So detailed and aesthetically pleasing :love: now Rice has no excuse to not get on the leader board!

bibz likes this.
  8. bonobono

bonobono Donator

Having a closer look on the screenshot, I'm slowly remembering that day where I mixed up between the Bonus NPC and Exit NPC, then ruining our guildie run lol.
    Regardless, I can say it is one of the best PQ with confidence.
    Thank you for suggesting such a good guide.:PBLove:

Eryss and bibz like this.
  9. Ricca

Ricca Donator

pro guide :love::love::love:

bibz likes this.
  10. KamiOh

KamiOh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    beautiful guide. :PBLove:
    but now I need a guild to want to do it. :admincry:

bibz likes this.
  11. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    UPDATE: the splits photo has a 4-man version now
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    jeff8434, Yan, Elie and 5 others like this.
  12. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Nice guide!
    Did you forget to edit the numbers in the 4 man split?

13. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    nice... i didnt notice.. brain fog.. thx LOL

jeff8434 and Zancks like this.
  14. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    Update: 2022-05-15
    • Auf Haven no longer drops Assassinate 30, Mesos or Mana Elixirs
      • Note: Assassinate 30 is once again exclusive to Guild PQ bonus.

Come learn how to GPQ to get your ASS30s!!

15. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    Update 2022-06-19: Added 2 videos of GPQ runs, one on a thief POV, and one on the "noob" POV.

nut, noobgamer97 and Rielle like this.
  16. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    A very solid, and good looking guide for GPQ :3

Something I will comment on though is the picture you have for the Statue stage, specifically on how the right side is labeled. My guild goes by this method when my guild and I run: (excuse the poor MS-Paint job)

gpqstatuepicturething.png

Personally I find it a lot easier and more intuitive with every statue having a unique name instead of the two sides sharing names between them, that way there's less potential for confusion when calling out the statues. Plus you don't have to worry about saying whether it's on the left or right side when calling out, so you're not typing as much. It's all down to personal preference at the end of the day, but it's a different option that some may prefer :)

Also, I do have a pretty reliable method of clearing the mastermind stage within the 7 guesses without resorting to an online solver. It's not the easiest to grasp, but I can try writing down steps if you're interested though.

bibz and nut like this.
  17. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chlown
    Guild:
    Rice
    thank u for the suggestion, it is a good idea! i will edit the map for another option, i think most ppl just find their own way of doing it / whatever is comfortable even if they read a guide :D

as for the mastermind solver, i don't have problems myself with solving it i just have no thought process to share feel free to do so if you'd like!! (maybe other ppl find it helpful) thank u :o

jeff8434 and nut like this.
  18. Comediante

Comediante Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ucker
    Guild:
    Rice
    Just wanted to say it's the best GPQ guide :chillin:

bibz likes this.
  19. bibz

bibz Donator