Class/Skill Class balancing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by lxlx, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Donator

Country Flag:
    that's also what i thought, like replace Total Crash with Holy Charge and maybe put Total Crash behind like (must have 15 points in Blast to unlock this) or something

2. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    Let me write what I would change (or not change) based on my experience (played all of the classes but Shadower).
    disclaimer: there might be some issues with client-limitation for some suggestions, and also some of them may have already been written in this thread already.

I'll start with classes that should remain unchanged in my opinion :

Night Lord : I think that the recent nerfs put this class at a good and right position, shines with SE but struggles if something goes wrongs and there's no SE, and from my experience it happens.

Shadower : never played tbh, but looks pretty balanced at the moment

Mages : obviously the best class for farming/leeching and for making consistent amount of money, in return, close to useless at most of the bosses in terms of actually making impact except for HS of course, shouldn't be changed.

Bowmaster : does decent damage and very chill to play at most of the bosses (also, let's not forget the notorious afk hurricane) and highly sought after because of SE, should remain untouched.

Buccaneer : kind of similar to my opinion about BMs, strong class with decent mobbing skills and a useful party skill (there's also Time Leap which comes very handy sometimes), should stay untouched.

Now for the changes :

Marksman : oh god, the weakest by a mile, should get buffed to a point it outdamages BMs at least , especially due to the fact that Sniping every few seconds makes it one of the most unrewarding classes to play. An ideal damage buff would be removing damage cap from snipe and buffing it so the class still stays unique but a straight buff to Strafe also works since we are far away from making Snipe useless even with the godliest of gears.

Corsair : I would suggest to remove the delay on dismounting and at the same time to nerf Rapid Fire to actually reward the skilled corsairs out there.

Dark Knight : the only issue I currently have with this class is the fact that it can't Berserk at some places and loses tons of damage to the point it's actually becoming useless. I agree that every class should have its weak spot but not become completely useless. I would change the way Berserk skill works to the following :
    instead of making it either a 200% damage boost or 0%, change it so it gives a boost according to your HP, devided equally and capped at 200%.
    For example :

Below 50% HP - 200% boost.
    Full HP - no boost.
    75% HP - 150% boost.
    80% HP - 140% boost.

This won't make Dark Knights stronger but let them take part at some heavily tanking bosses without only pressing the HB button every 5 mins.

Paladin : loses too much DPS being capped at 200k and feels like a waste using apples and higher attack potions at end game conditions,I support an uncapped paladin. here's a link for my Paladin's Krexel 2nd eye video that shows how absurd it is :
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/pally-hero-dps-test-krexs-2nd-eye.143850/

Another issue I have with Paladins is the fact that a level 81 crash mule gives the same value to the party as a geared attacking paladin. I'd like to somehow make a "revamped crash" skill or something that can only be skilled at like level 150+ and have no cooldown/ lower cooldown than the 3rd job one.

Hero : unpopular opinion here, I don't think this class should get dramatically buffed due to the ease there is in playing one. good for farming/grinding and decent at some bosses / falls behind at some bosses which is norma. still,I would like to see ACA becoming a passive skill with a 5 mins duration.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    -Tommy-, LichWiz, Alan and 11 others like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Donator

Country Flag:
    Does ACB dmg jumps from each target? like how can it hit 4 arms at zak? or does it have a big range?

4. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    hai has anyone considered if it wld b more appropriate if dispel reduces combo attack orbs instead?
    like when its at 6-10 orbs it goes down to 5, but if its 5 or less it stays constant? seems a bit more reasonable then outright undispellable

lxlx likes this.
  5. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    After level 200, what does the class tier list look like? At that point only like Neo Tokyo, CWKPQ, and HT are kinda good for mesos. Maybe I'm wrong but this is mine:

S+ tier: Bucc
    S tier: NL
    A tier: Corsair
    B tier: Anything else

Maybe a washed (10k+ hp) high magic Bishop could be good dps in HT to AoE body parts with Gene, idk.

6. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    Like I mentioned in my post earlier, I think as long as you don't need to keep building up orbs to gain the damage increase for all skills, I don't think Combo Attack needs to be undispellable. In that case, just having the buff active is enough, and would put it in the same space as say, NLs with shadow partner, i.e only needing to recast the buff once to regain their optimal damage.

7. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    What about pre-4th job? Do you guys think there needs to be touch up for certain classes in 2nd or 3rd job?

icedem0n likes this.
  8. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I don't care if I'm in the minority in this, but the arch mages deserve more 1v1 damage if they choose to boss. Their existence shouldn't be farming or leeching, that's just so abstract and lame and bows to the weird meta behavior we all just accept.

That said, they should still be lowest 1v1, but only just below the 2nd worst 1v1, whoever that is? I guess unfunded bm or mm is the lowest

Lots of potential ways to increase 1v1, and I think the best way is through the demon skill.
    Have demon, at max level, cast an effect on bosses only that increases the damage to one target at a time (to prevent CL from being too op) that increases the damage or effect of paralyze or chain lightning for like 10 seconds or something. Think of it as a short duration "bullseye" effect that only targets a single boss monster or part when used, and needs to be recast with demon to continue
    Effects in duration could be:
    -increased dmg%
    -DoT
    -extra line of damage
    -greatly increased damage from elquines/ifrit
    -negates ele resistance and makes them temporarily weak to poison/lightning, aka para/cl
    -crit
    -ignore magic cancel 50%
    -increased MP cost when using para/cl in this effect
    -increased m.att and mastery

Other arch mage improvements
    ~increase arches mana reflection stats, this was obv made for bossing, Passive dpm increase on a no priority, sometimes zero point investment skill

~during infinity (at max, 40 seconds every 10 minutes), greatly increase damage to paralyze and CL, summons, big bang, f/I demon, reflect, ignore magic cancel, boost meditation.

~Infinity working as a party skill and also increasing m.att, m.def is something to consider. It's a short buff but it's something

~boost to both demon attacks themselves as they are pretty weak

~making big bang push mobs at a % chance at higher levels (15+), like ninja storm of whatever would allow/help them to shao/cwk/auf, too

~extremely unpopular idea here but switch the summons. This weird gimmick just doesn't work because nobody uses f/I demon to initiate the setup and wait for their summon to attack to pay off.
    (poison and lightning summons would be way cooler still, but I dream)

~buff element composition. give it two lines, one for each ele. lower the sp needed to max it, or lower the sp of another 3rd job skill, like seal, to give some flexibility.
    This skill is pretty bad as it is, and players should be rewarded for investment. Would be a perfect skill for pre- 4th bossing, and soling pap before para/CL is maxed

Theses changes would let arch mages fluidly choose between an ulti spammer, or bosser any time and reconsider new/early builds and investing in/scrolling new wands, (and a new market for wands). You could do both, but at later levels you'd only need to switch wands.
    Changes nothing in the meta as is, and gives the option to those that want to boss.
    Before anyone says mages will get the best of both worlds, they would require two maxed skills that are never invested in (f/I demon, para/cl), benefit from all their others that are never invested in or prioritized (mana reflect, summon, infinity, big bang), require their alternate wands, and bring little to parties except damage (and variety and fun).

Its just super janky for arches and it shouldn't be, I really disagree that they should just continue their meta roles as farmers/leechers, that's just so dissapointing and weird

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Green Mind likes this.
  9. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    As a bucc player, their rework a while ago kinda disappointed me, I really dislike permanent super transform up-time, and it's way less fun to just be able to spam demolition all the time, as opposed to super transformation being a big power up like it should be. Wish some power was taken away from barrage and put onto demolition along with a super transform cooldown.

KWJ, Tsue and Cooler like this.
  10. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    WK need some sp requirements lowered, they have an absolute linear build requirement. Like all charges down to 25.
    Snipers should have a better mortal blow and rangers should have better thrust
    Element composition needs to be buffed, or maybe do two lines ( for each ele)
    WK vs saders/DK is a joke. WK are insanely slow and held down by elements. Maybe have wks final attacks buffed when using a charge

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    xDarkomantis likes this.
  11. Alstero

Alstero Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Myrmicia
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion~!
    My personal opinions or experiences about Mules meta, Duo attacking and class balancing.

Duo attacking is the skill we need to learn in 2021. Having 2 sets of 50CGS are always better than having 1set of 63CGS with the similar funding.

In 2020, the mules-meta. Having mules are more likely being accepted for bosses runs. You can always see people Smegaing for HT public runs R>HT 3Cr Sed ready. Being supportive to the party is always better than being strong. I personally would like to take a 7K NL with Cr mule than a 9K NL coming alone.

In 2021, mules with the ability to attack is always better than a buff mule. Attacking mules even with genergizer can do decent extra damage accelerating the boss run. (Unless Nerf Soontm)

Paladin: I have a 200 Pally and now is retired being a Sed-Cr HH Echo mule in HT. I can gear up later if I have the fund so I can do Duo-attacking in bossing.
    Pally is a really good support cuz of Cr and a really good Attacking mule for duo attacking cuz Power Stance. At some point if you’re not highly funded paladin, if you are a attacking mule, you can actually do really good extra damage and won’t hit the damage cap. However if you are a paladin main and full geared as a single target DPSer, you are just slightly better than Hero on single target due to damage loss.

Hero: after our counterpart Drk got buffed recently. I always heard from my friends Drk doing so much damage than hero. Buffing Drk is kinda nerfing hero at the same time. Perfect 2H sword market ruined because of this. Lmao you can get a 150claymore for 28B-32B. As a hero main myself. I always think In what situation hero can be better than DrK. And my answer is Duo attacking. Hero is really easy to play and we don’t need Zerk we are easy to wash to 30K pretty tanky. We also have 90%Power stance so we can constantly stay at the spot doing decent dmg. With duo attacking skill we hero can beat Drk agian.

Dark knight: I don’t have one but they are good already.

BM: I don’t have one but they are also a Duo or even trio attacking friendly character because of hurricane. I always see NL main duo attacking with BM in HT.

MM: I don’t have one but MM is a worse DPSer. Not a duo attacking friendly class. I don’t understand why a actively playing MM is worse than a semi afk counterpart.

NL/Shad. Really good DPSer and duo attacker cuz avoidability

Sair. Hard to play and not a duo attacking friendly class.

Bucc, a really useful class. Duo attacking friendly. Semi afk for 4-6 seconds when using demolition. I’m currently making one for duo attacking purpose for my hero as a SI TL and Echo attacking mule.

thx for reading

12. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Just to point, i made this suggestion on drk buff thread, with deep details(mainly bcs there was some ppl asking for a tiny lame ass buff at a high cost, or the opposite of asking for a HUGE buff witouth a cost) Matt replied saying :
    upload_2021-3-22_18-2-23.png

BTW in this same thread sparky showed a video doing zak twice against a hero getting withed twice by 2-3% respectively, not too shure about ppl saying drks deal WAY more than heros now, yes, now is stronger, but dmg will match when you multiclient(or die lol), anyways, heros actually need a rebalance, but i think my ideas will go better in a different thread.

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/sug...ave-been-buffed-irrelevant-post.161656/page-7

lxlx and Nessi like this.
  13. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    I agree duo attacking is basically where the game has been heading and some people have been already doing it for a while.

I wonder what's the best combo of duo attackers. Considering lvl 200+ the main thing is farming like HT, Neo Tokyo, CWKPQ..... maybe these three combos are possible?:
    1. NL/BM
    2. Hero/Bucc
    3. Pally/Bucc
    NL/BM seems the best but most expensive to wash and gear.... Hero/Bucc and Pally/Bucc seem pretty similar.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  14. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    nl+nl

nyannko777, Glenn93, Dupreeh and 9 others like this.
  15. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    Best quad combo i've tried so far is bucc hero bm pally. But its only cos i dun hv 4 nls :'(

16. faerieskater

faerieskater Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    faerieskater
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shark/Reeeee
    ^^ This is a good suggestion for hero change that wouldn't really buff too much but would be nice QoL. Pretty much what you are saying is that you buff combo, it has a 3-5min timer. You build the up max orbs once to hit your max damage % for that current frame its buffed. But then to cast coma or panic, you would need to have your orbs maxed out. You cast one of those 2 skills, yet your % damage still stays even though your orbs aren't full. Then once they build up again you can recast coma/panic. Until the actual combo timer runs out, and then you have to rebuff, and restart the process again.

This would also solve the problem of heroes being just stand in place and brandish. It would incorporate using panic and coma and actually be worth it compared to not wanting to recharge our orbs to do it.

smilinsphere likes this.
  17. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    BC21E5CF-7F7D-4AB7-95EB-FD343E32BFDB.gif

18. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Drks can duo attack too,
    mulestory beststory
    but that's beside the point. I don't think using multiclient-attacking basis to augment the argument that a certain class is in a fine or bad spot is fair mainly because multiclient-attacking is generally available to all classes & is more of a multiclient issue rather than class balance issue. The issue hero have imo is the constant need to recharge orbs when facing dispels. In an unobstructed DPS test (no dispel, no manoeuvring), hero already falls at the bottom of the chart alongside MM, normally, this would be fine given the nature of how easy to play the hero class is, however, when you put them in a situation where there are dispels, hero dps plummets even more than other classes due to the constant need of recharging orbs, and it only gets worse the higher the frequency of dispels gets, hence my suggestion of changing how CA works to it being undispellable like how echo works. This would not change hero's max potential dps output, but would provide more consistency in its dps output.

Alstero, Donn1e, nicky and 1 other person like this.
  19. DonCheeto

DonCheeto Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BebeLoco
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tesla
    Hi can Hero crash please remove c. Watt like pally and Drk.

20. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Drks Crash does not remove cancel weapon atk only Pally can do that