-

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Buccaneer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Another suggestion that I think is useful is during Horntail. After legs and tail, if the team decided to go C -> A -> B, , standing on the second lowest small platform on right side is good for two reasons.
    1. You can barrage + DS there and able to DS 4 part at once (wings, right hand, C head and B head) or 3 part at once (if B head is on weapon cancel)
    2. You can get back to position faster when you drop down (which always happen for bucc)

2. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    Barrage + ds is normal in zak if you're not starting on the ranged arm, you never want to raw ds due to the lag between repeated uses. SE has a 15% chance to add 140% to each line -- for example, brandish on crit goes from 260% per line to 400% per line. It's not a 1.4x multiplier (though I agree this is extremely non-intuitive).

Starboard likes this.
  3. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Thanks for the SE explanation, I can consider about adding that factor into my calculation. But if this is correct, the barrage damage with SE in this guide is kinda misleading. It says 1320% for last hit and 1880% for last hit if crit is triggered, which is more like a 1.4 multiplier.

As for the raw DS lag, I understand what you said, but the reason I timed 10 DS is trying to include the lag between DS (although I only include 9 delay instead of 10, cause I stop right after the 10th DS). I basically time this by holding that button until it cast 10 times of that combo/skill (as barrage require something to hit, I timed it in Shao). I believe the delay between DS is already a factor I have considered into when I do the calculation

4. weirdomonkey

weirdomonkey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    yes theres a system of locking on that explains why barr+demo ignores the clones at shao. just barr the archer boss at the start and it will have priority over the other 2 even when they are grouped up

as for the se calculations its pretty tricky but i think you could do (0.15x140%) per line of dmg to predict its effect

which platform do you mean? didnt know there was one which allowed u to hit both hand and head b o.o

5. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    The guide is actually correct because the tooltips in Maple are ridiculously vague and misleading. The last hit of barrage hits for 4x the base damage. 1320% is 4*330% and 1880% is 4*(330%+140%). Note that likewise, the 5th hit will do 2*330% normally and 2*(330%+140%) on crit.

6. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Thanks for letting me know about this!

On this platform there the Shad standing on. (I do not own this screen shot, it is from Heli @ https://royals.ms/forum/threads/shadower-mon-or-htp-general-damage-question.136301/)

HT_location.jpg

You will barrage on the wings and DS wings, arm, 2 heads

Thanks! Those makes a lot more sense to me now. I can surely consider this into calculation. I except this to change a lot, since 330% + 140% is much more significant to 900% + 140%

Starboard likes this.
  7. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Made some changes and upload the DPS with SE. Althought DS dps is higher than Barrage + DS with you can hit 4 target (such as Zak arm), you are not 100% hitting 4 arms. Plus, you get knocked back easily if you just spam DS in Zak. Therefore, Barrage+DS is the best in Zak arm.

As for CWKPQ, I think depends on how strong the team is.
    If melee is much stronger than range, then you can DS + Snatch to hit all at once.
    If melee is weaker than range, try to barrage pin on archer and do barrage + DS
    If fail to pin, maybe just DS + Snatch

8. weirdomonkey

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    thanks for that, as i suspected ds+barr should edge out just ds :)

one final request, could you do calcs for just energy blast or barr+blast? always found its cast speed incredibly fast and after seeing the blastx2 + ds dmg im tempted to think it might be better

9. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    As far as i can tell, barrage and demo has a priority system, where it targets the oldest mob in the map that is within range. A good way to show this in action is bosses that have stages and summons, for example, zak.
    In a zak run, you'll notice with demo that once one body part dies, and the bar changes color to the next body part. Your demo will prefer to attack the summons from last stage, because they are technically older than b2. Same goes for pap and the bombs, once his first body dies, if you try to demo him with a bomb in range, you'll hit the bomb.
    So regarding the targeting of the archer in cwkpq, it all depends on how the game spawns them, because all of them spawn at practically the same time. We don't have control over it in cases like cwkpq.
    we do have control over it in most other cases though, so i suggest to keep this mechanic in mind. Especially in bf if you don't have enough hp to tank, always clear the other spawns in the map at least once, so that bf is the oldest mob in the map, this effectively give you the corsair ability to target the boss. It is more effective with demo because it has more range, but both of these should do the trick

weirdomonkey, General_XM7 and Tsue like this.
  10. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Done. You actually can't cast barrage right after blast with barrage + blast, so barrage + blast x2 is better. I made a mistake in previous spreadsheet, that in the SE chart, I forget to limit blast to 4 mobs. Anytime the mobs is more than 4, the damage of combo that involve blast will decrease drastically.

11. weirdomonkey

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    woah nice thanks man

looks like im spamming blast at cwk from now on :)

12. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Blast DPS for 3~4 mobs is surprisingly high, mostly due to the super fast animation (20 hits in 9.5 sec, that's how I timed for blast). Although it is not the highest, but still comparable to those near end game skill (DS + Snatch). Main concern is that you need to bubble up to use it ~f13

13. weirdomonkey

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    agree, but with barr+ds during the downtime i think this meeans most buccs can have very high dmg multitarget potential in cwk even at low levels before ds is maxed

14. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    It also have a very short range, so in mobing situations on the higher lvl mobs, you'll find it hard to consistently hit 4 mobs with it without needing to waste time on movinh the mobs to position with corkscrew.
    Snatch+DS ftw! (im seriously addicted to this mob clearing combo ~f18)

15. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Yeah, the main down side of Blast is the short range, but for cwkpq, I think it should works fine (use whatever best combo you have for ~15 sec then blast for 50 sec).

Yeah, DS + Snatch is actually something really good but I never heard anyone talk about it (or no one actually trying this before). It really helps me a lot in OB4 and hunting in Neo tokyo.

16. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    People don't talk about snatch because the server is very bossing heavy. Because people want to be strong bossers asap, they'll max anything that makes them stronger in bossing first before touching snatch. So for the most part, only really high lvl buccs get to play around with a max lvl snatch when training in mob maps [which only a few buccs actually do].
    Until i made my feedback post about snatch's wonky hitbox (which was later fixed), I don't think almost anybody mentioned anything about this skill in the forums lol.

17. weirdomonkey

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    I heard before that snatch+ds was the strongest combo in ht as a bucc (at the platform u showed), yet i've never personally tried it. I guess most just stick to the meta and prefer the single target combo that gives iframes

18. General_XM7

General_XM7 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SaitamaSokka
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    I never knew this. Not sure if I am able to Snatch 4 parts. If it works, the DPS should be great. I am currently Barrage + DS there. Will try DS + Snatch next time.

19. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    I did use it a bit in HT but while the DPS of it is quite high it also got some drawbacks
    First of all when your energy charge is not full using it is pretty much impossible as you'd just keep falling every hit, it's better to just spam demo from a far distance on the wing until you get stance to avoid falling too much. You end up with like 1/3 of the time at least just doing demo to get charge
    If the party got no warrior and start at head A it's usually better to just stay there than to try go head C with ds+snatch, head A platform is easy as you almost never fall to the ground and can just spam atk while in the right side platform you'd keep falling a lot without iframes and also get seals and curses, and it will be hard to crash the def buff there as well.

If you have a drk/hero and they start at head C, usually the party will want you to focus on 1 head so the warrior will keep hitting 3 targets for longer before the arm warns or the wing dies.

So in the end DS+Snatch is best to use if head A is already dead and you have to target C anyway (which isn't a very long phase), and while the DPS can be really good with 4 targets often 1 of the heads will be on cancel so you'd only hit 3 or you'd keep falling due to a lack of iframes so your actual DPS is a lot lower than in theory

Kung, Starboard, Tect and 4 others like this.
  20. Ibra01

Ibra01 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    WonderFist
    Level:
    16X
    Does anyone have the min and max range formulas?