Vote Abuse

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Dustin, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Dustin

Dustin Donator

Country Flag:
    This thread has been re-written due to rulechanges.

What is vote abusing?

You are vote abusing when you vote with more than 1 account per 24 hours. Everyone is entitled to only one vote per day, even if you have multiple accounts. This will allow you to obtain 8,000 NX in total, per day. You don't have to stick to voting to one account. Just make sure you only vote for one, every 24+ hours.

What happens if I vote abuse?

Punishment for not following this rule: 1st Offense - 7 Days. 2nd Offense - 14 Days. 3rd Offense - Permanent Ban.

I've got multiple people playing and voting from the same house, what do I do?

If you have multiple people playing from the same network and/or computer, it is possible to submit a whitelist application to ensure you and your partner(s) will not get improperly banned for vote abuse. Note: be aware that you might get banned for vote abuse if you have not yet been accepted. This is an option you should respect, not take for granted. Always refrain from voting multiple times daily under the same roof until your application has been accepted, if you do not want to risk a ban.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    xPredator, Tim, Manji and 25 others like this.
  2. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

If you feel you have been wrongly banned (and this applies to anybody), the best thing to do is to post a ban appeal in the correct format so that we have the necessary information to investigate what happened.

If there is other information you feel we ought to know which will explain why you appeared to be vote abusing but in actual fact didn't do anything wrong, then please also include this information, giving as much detail as you feel is needed to prove your innocence.

If you feel you need to give out private information such as your account username, it's better to do so in a PM to Dustin than to post it on the forum.

Please remember that although Dustin is extremely good at his job, he is only one person and does have a life of his own to attend to. You need to give him time to work his way through all the ban appeals and PMs and to check information you've given him against information in the database.

Raging won't get you anywhere because it doesn't give us the information we need. We can't help you if you don't follow the instructions we give you.

3. Saxa

Saxa Donator

IGN:
    Saxa
    I feel like some of the ragecomics are a little misleading since some of them were made when the rules allowed for people playing from the same IP address to each receive 8k NX per day so long as their votes were from separate IP addresses (e.g. One person votes from the computer, and the other votes from their phone's mobile internet connection)

I call for new ragecomics.

4. SAKI

SAKI Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    copyleft
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    Synergy
    If anything has changed Matt can tell me what and I will gladly make new ones.

5. reckerr

reckerr Member

Level:
    SO question, some people have been wrong fully banned(maybe automatically) for vote abuse to then have it reverted as an error. I only have one account right now but plan to have to after my Bishop is "up to par".
    How can I avoid the accidental ban?

Or will it happen I would just need to explain I have two?

I as one person wouldstill only try to receive 8k NX a day over 2 accounts.

Just curious as to what they were doing to get banned then realise i was an error.

6. Dustin

Dustin Donator

Country Flag:
    You can vote with multiple accounts, yes, as long as it is just one account per 24 hours. So, when I come around to check your IP, there will be as many votes on linked to your IP as there have been days in the current month (or less).

Edit: Had to delete most previous posts to prevent confusion.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    reckerr likes this.
  7. Anesthetize

Anesthetize Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Anesthetize
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rvidxr Klvn
    Vote abuse is bad Mkay. Be happy with 8k/day

8. maplekiller

maplekiller Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrakMXX
    Level:
    if i have 2 accts, but 1 is mule of items....i have problems on that?? i never voted on the mule account

9. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    Guys, it's time to move into your own apartment now.

Jacek, cranberrysauce and Nessi like this.
  10. Swag

Swag Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Volt
    Level:
    13x
    I have a concern. Since me and my brother live in the same household, we both had been adhering to the portion of this rule you have decided to change. Because of this, we are going to have to share nx in the future. However, we are bound to screw up. Is it possible to get some leniency, or at least a warning before a straight ban on this? I don't constantly communicate with my brother who happens to reside in an upstairs bedroom while I'm in the basement. How am I to know he hasn't voted on his phone that day? Sometimes he is gone all day. Sometimes I can't get ahold of him. He will also more than likely be angry about this. How do I deal with him so that he doesn't purposely get me banned?

I feel like I'm going to get perma'd without warning.

For those of us who don't get along with our other household members as well as some, what do you recommend?

11. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    What about 4k nx per account? I have two accounts that I actively use and I do this sometimes.

12. NoName

NoName Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Babar
    Guild:
    Aries
    Is voting by phone absolutely prohibited now? Let's say that I'm not at home when the 24 hours is up or I'm on vacation, will I get banned if I vote with my phone?

13. Saxa

Saxa Donator

IGN:
    Saxa
    Unless you are going over your 8k NX per day limit, this is allowed. You are allowed to vote from whatever IP address you want, and you can change IP addresses as many times as you want, so long as you stick to the 8k NX per 24 hour rule.

Marty likes this.
  14. Papen

Papen Active Member

Is this right? So this means I could vote on a different IP address everyday? If this were the case I don't think people would keep track of time for example, they could vote 30min early.

15. Dustin

Dustin Donator

Country Flag:
    You can't vote on the same account 30 minutes early, even from a different IP. If one wishes to vote on another account though, I would suggest keeping good track of your voting times.

16. rxdking

rxdking Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    osamaobama
    Level:
    Guild:
    queens
    wait.
    what if you have a relative that plays on the same computer as you?
    that wants to vote too?

17. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    As the new rules say, playing with a sibling has screwed you over. You have to take turns voting or only one vote on gtop and the other on ups.

18. rxdking

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    osamaobama
    Level:
    Guild:
    queens
    FARK!
    MOM!
    nuuuuuuu time for her to quit :p

19. Doritos

Doritos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RoughKnight
    Oh noes, your 'mother' is totally going to quit now that 'she' can't give you all her ap resets, as you mentioned 'she' would be doing earlier in this thread. And people wonder why the rules are changing.

Sofiya likes this.
  20. rxdking

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    osamaobama
    Level:
    Guild:
    queens
    how brave of you to publicly make an ass of "yourself". anymore secret grudges you hold can be taken off your chest in this thread.http://royals.ms/forum/showthread.php?t=7415
    o and "we" take turns now.
    and if you read my thread correctly their was no rulebreaking.