Buffing Arch Mages?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by PurePoisonXD, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Martin Donator

IGN:
    Alumina
    Level:
    Not sure why paladins are suddenly part of the discussion but why would you even compare paralyze to blast? Blast afaik is paladins main attacking skill, while for our current end game bosses, meteor is the main attacking skill, which is without a doubt much stronger than blast will ever be. I wouldnt say its a fair comparison when you compare paladins main skill vs arch mages meh back up skill.

Cheersy, Jeen, Johnny and 4 others like this.
  2. Spaghetti

Spaghetti Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Failadin
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Ohana
    1) Paladins do not excel at mobbing.
    2) Paladins do not excel at bossing on neutral targets.
    3) Paladins barely compete on elemental weak targets, even though the intended purpose was for them to do well on them.
    4) FP have one of the easiest leveling experiences from 70-120.
    5) AMs have the best mobbing abilities.
    6) AMs were never intended to boss well.
    7) Pallys (all warriors, actually) have no mobility, while AMs have great mobility.

HH can't compare to Mist. Mist can be spread throughout an entire map, has a lingering effect that mobs can walk into in case you miss at first, and FP have the mobility that can get them around maps with ease. Pallys can use HH once every 20 seconds, and if your HH is not in range of your targets, you have to wait another 20 seconds to cast. At that point, you might as well use ACB to kill them. To top it off, pallys don't have the mobility to get to their targets quick enough to make good use of HH. You can argue that we can potentially do 3m damage at once, but that doesn't matter since we have no mobility to get us to them to finish them off. For FPs, once Mist has done its job, you can tele + Explosion them all, while recasting Mist in the process.

You ask why pallys don't get HH up earlier. It's because HH isn't as good as you think it is. Pallys have more important skills to get up first, like Stance, Holy Charge, and Blast. HH is only good at Zak arms and HT (and even then, you can't use it too much or you risk setting off the arms)

Pallys have terrible mobbing abilities. ACB has one of the lowest range of attack out of any class. You basically have to be right next to the monster in order for it to hit. Also, ACB is significantly weaker in damage to Hero's Brandish, even on elemental weak monsters. As a pally that has one of the higher damages on this server, it sucks seeing a Hero with half the funding do significantly more damage on mobs than me. Pallys aren't meant to be as strong as the other 2 warriors, but the difference between us is way too much.

AMs have it easy with grinding because that's what they were meant to do. Pallys aren't great at anything.

I don't understand how this thread turned into an AM vs Pally thread. They are meant to function completely different from one another.

tldr; pally deserves a buff, while AMs don't. Also, this thread should stop comparing Pally vs AM

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I find being ignored nostalgic. Thanks Nexon.

I have no clue why this thread is still going on. Its been made pretty clear making changes like this isnt going to fly with Matt since hes turned down significantly more reasonable changes than this.

Sen, Penny, Kentavious and 6 others like this.
  4. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I'm closing this.

The thread has essentially reached it's end anyways, among other problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.