Major Chain Lightning not bouncing between heads, etc at HT.

Discussion in 'Closed' started by luuluu, Jul 20, 2020.

1. luuluu

luuluu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luuluu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Buttplug
    Casting chain lightning at HT doesn't bounce between heads or wings, etc. It only hits 1 body part and it will bounce to adds but not other body parts :(

Hwaiting and natsy like this.
  2. Incentv

Incentv Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Charm
  3. luuluu

luuluu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luuluu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Buttplug
    Updates:
    Chain lightning now bounces but not to the same body type. It won't bounce head to head. It can bounce from head to wyvern to head and leg to tail or head to arm/wing to leg. Not sure how it is meant to bounce normally.

4. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I think it has to do with the fact that all the bodyparts are bigger than they seem, if you'll look at the sprites, you'll see that a lot of the bodyparts also have excess size: heads have huge necks, hand are connected to the chest, etc etc. Which would make the arcing feel unnatural as we expect the arc to go from one head to the next for example, while the game looks at the entire hitbox, and determin that the heads are far apart.
    I'm unsure what logic does the skill uses to determin to what distance it can jump, and which mob it jumps to, but it seems to not be intuitive when it comes to big mobs like HT bodyparts and zakum hands.
    My guess would be that it checks from body center to body center, so huge mobs that seem close still have center points that are far away from eachother.

Tsue likes this.
  5. luuluu

luuluu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luuluu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Buttplug
    Well considering that I can chain from 1 side of zak to the other during arms or from horntail head A all the way to tail proves that the issue isn't about distance. There is no issue for lightning to chain from head A to tail or arms to tail or leg to tail or even from head A to the bottom of the map to hit a wyvern then chain all the way up to hit head B.