Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    This is true

Unfortunately, you can't have both

Should you wish to retain the items that weren't meant for you, you have to face such backlash
    It is definitely not against the rules to take the dropped items, but it's questionable to keep them despite knowing the owner wants them back

If you one day dropped your wallet on the street and the looter simply told you "I not giving it back, please leave me alone", are you really cool with that?
    Note: Royals is a game, but it doesn't mean we should do it (looting)

Can only keep reminding others to trade valuable equipment instead of drop-transfer

The trading is slightly more troublesome, but it's surely less troublesome than all this forum drama in an attempt to get the items back
    Note: most won't give back due to the temptation

vainz, SoAquarius and SeizureSalad like this.
  2. leishun

leishun Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    leishun
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    Live and learn. Lesson was definitely learned.

SoAquarius, Knoxz and Dave Deviluke like this.
  3. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Fair enough if you dont feel sorry for what you did, but if you dont feel any guilt that you gained something at another players expense, I dont feel sorry for you and this slight inconvenience you're experiencing currently. You may not have broken any game rules, but you did break one of the most sacred unwritten rules of any gaming community, and that is trust. Maplestory is one that relies heavily on said trust. Almost every function inside this game has some level of trust that has to be shared amongst each player, and your complete non caring attitude is just gonna make your own life on the server that more difficult because of your own actions.

I believe the fact you're ghosting friends and formerly guild members makes me believe you do feel guilt, and probably even shame. Which i suppose is what someone doing something wrong would feel.

You are not a victim here. People are trying to talk sense into you, to return the items which you should. You do not just get to disappear like smoke without the community voicing their displeasure over your actions in game and on the forums. With that said, if anyone is saying anything to you beyond asking you to return items, that is not acceptable and it should stop.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    Tail, CodGhost, eVolve and 9 others like this.
  4. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    Tbh if you looted some good stuff and the other person don’t complain or make a big deal out of it, imma start sweating if it’s sussy things I picked up.

Sylafia likes this.
  5. Post

Post Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PostSnipe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    The whole point of this blacklist is to highlight the toxic/uncaring people in this community. Royals has one of, if not THE nicest communities I've seen in a mushroom game, and the fact you're not willing to give back someone's stuff because they made a mistake is abhorrent. The fact you don't even care is even more disgusting; only when people started calling you out did you get upset. If you have even a modicum of respect for others and any sense of dignity, you should give the items back.

CodGhost, Kenny, Zkittlez and 7 others like this.
  6. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Should I report it :pengun::pengun::pengun:
    [​IMG]

JimTW, Cynn, nyannko777 and 3 others like this.
  7. calvinzxc

calvinzxc Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    I understand how both party views and concerns.

I know most people would prefer to transfer gear via dropping at fm for convenience sake however i suggest probably enter a room like eg. Room 7 middle platform to practice cautious approach.

Technically the looter did not break the game rule and he has all the rights to keep the items, typical saying “finders keeper, loser weeper”.

Although like most general players POV in royals, it’s advisable to return the gear.

My personal view is simple, meso can be earn again despite i may or may not gain a friendship with the person that dropped the item though i am certain i definitely did make the person felt thankful/relieved and a wonderful day.

One more friend is better than one more enemy.

-food for thought, is it worth it to keep the items and get backlashes from the community? Well i don’t know…maybe you are capable to solo play in a MMORPG setting without the need from random pub.

————————————————————

Edit. Just voicing out my opinion. If you wish to keep the item, i think it’s fine imo…it is your own moral compass to decide anyway.

On the other hand, who like to start to head start a funding campaign for our poor guy here that lost his gear? I don’t mind helping him out! :)

Edit no.2 bro..you started at july 2017, you really not gonna return a fellow player that i assume started last year nov? You gonna get frown upon by the majority.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  8. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    This was you flexing your gear in the store and it getting bought off due to a misunderstanding of how tax works. ~f3 let's not change the subject

DeJia, benkrong, eVolve and 9 others like this.
  9. nany625

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    While I understand where you come from, it's not deniable that there are similar factors from both incidents such as:
    1. Players do make mistakes.
    2. It's definitely avoidable.
    3. Victims ask for the lost items back kindly.
    4. The lost items mean a lot to the victims.
    5. Buyers/pickers do not break any T&C.
    Even though I do not care it as much as I did when the incident happened, I find it double standard if picking others stuff on the ground is blacklist worthy but buying cheap stuff isn't.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    Tail, JimTW and bibz like this.
  10. leishun

leishun Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    leishun
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy

You're too kind sir, no need for all of that. At this point as weird as it sounds I kind of feel bad for the guy. My mistake led to this and since there aren't any rules saying he has to give it back, I don't expect it to come back haha, I'm over it

11. lee1

lee1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    uglee
    Level:
    ug
    Guild:
    lee
    upload_2023-6-11_22-45-9.png

upload_2023-6-11_22-45-48.png

both parties have something at fault but dang, what a pleasant afk spot to coincidentally see one's attitude towards this situation!

Tail, CodGhost, eVolve and 20 others like this.
  12. calvinzxc

calvinzxc Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Haha we practice gracious while forgive and forget.
    I think the community can assist by providing you with some funds to cover bit of losses while he can get to keep the items.

Both party gets to have proper closure and solution.
    Most importantly we should learn from the mistake, improve and avoid it in the future ! :)

leishun likes this.
  13. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Although it's similar in terms of [players making mistakes], kinda hard to defend your case cause it was placed in the store "for sales"

When players drop-trade (or drop-transfer), they aren't doing it in a public place where they expect others to take it
    *I still recommend only transfer via trading

Although items being priced at max meso (2.147b) usually means the owner does not wish to sell it, it is still being displayed openly with a price that others could buy it
    *I can only recommend trading/dealing items that are worth over 2b via Forums instead

SummonShade likes this.
  14. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Rest assured there is no double standard from me. My personal view is that if you do something unwise, you bear the consequences.

With that said, What really troubles me in this whole situation is that there is little to no sense of accountability in all these replies. I personally do not condone drop trading whatsoever and as there is absolutely no reason to do so (God forbid a server crash mid drop rip your items). If I get my items yoinked that's on me. So when OP gets his items looted and everyone pressures the looter to return stuff, I just feel that is not how things work in the outside word.

Granted, this is supposed to be a safer space for people to enjoy and relax 2d mushroom game but I implore you guys to be please take ownership of your own actions.

neither party keep the items
    My 2 cheap cents.

MoldySoup, Gert, Sen and 2 others like this.
  15. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    yes the correct answer is to send the items my way

[​IMG]

DeJia, Tail, Tect and 12 others like this.
  16. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    If you drop something, you risk it being taken by others.
    since you already admitted its your fault for being too trusting you should just move on.

you could have traded it to your own character but you decided to drop it for convenience sake. For that small amount of convenience, you lost your items. If that guy was your friend you could ask for it back nicely and if he was nice he could consider giving it back to you but even then he is not obliged to. I personally would loot everything my friend drops for fun but return it because i treasure friendship over pixels. But if it was a complete stranger I would loot it and not return.

I find it funny how the people in the community can have double standards for similar scenarios.

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/community-blacklist.166479/page-71#post-1208128

When people loot gacha scrolls which was meant to be transferred to another character no one frowned upon it but when its someone's cgs suddenly its blacklist worthy.

Its not like I care about what people on forums think about me but I am tired of hypocrites acting like they are always on a moral high ground. Sure some people play this game with honour, integrity, trust and loyalty. Some don't. Stop forcing your principles upon others especially if its your own fault.

I hope you learn a valuable lesson today and wish you all the best in grinding for your gears back.

To MeatMonster, I dont think you did anything wrong, and if that guy was a complete stranger you would under no obligation need to return his items. But if he was your friend and you took his items, I would advise keeping the friend rather than the gears. Just my opinion.

Geto, jasyan, MoldySoup and 7 others like this.
  17. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Actually if given the chance I will sack these people if the char is sackable (but rip galore prices now so I have to weigh if it's worth it). If they'd at least ask first that's a different story.

18. nany625

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I completely stand with this. When notthor made the blacklist report, I refrained myself from commenting at the beginning to observe how the majority see this, but it isn't in the way I expected.
    And I find it seems to become a trend that what matters being blacklisted is what defendant's attitude is instead of what they have done (don't break rules ofc) to be reported. And this looks odd from my view.

MoldySoup, JimTW, Gert and 2 others like this.
  19. 4Loko

4Loko Active Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    I feel like i should reiterate, this person is a total stranger. I've never seen them before, besides the apq run we apparently did before? They dropped their items in the free market entrance, in front of me and about 6 other people. Not room15,16, 20, etc. No, it was the entrance where everyone was. If they were a friend, or someone I was even acquaintances with in this game, of course i would give the items back. I don't know about you, but personally I don't trust strangers, especially with my belongings. And I apologize to anyone if i'm being brash or rude, i understand i can be a bit impudent. If the community wants to blacklist me, that is fine, I now know there is some unspoken rule about taking items off the ground in the free market; lesson learned. But please, before siccing your group of friends on me for the next 5+ hours and harassing me in game again, maybe take some responsibility for your own actions.

Knoxz likes this.
  20. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    To address the hypocrisy point: As someone who has managed the blacklist for some time and has otherwise read every single post for many years now, I think there's just been a broader victim-centered attitude shift in the community. The blacklist--and by extension, the community--is not a stagnant monolith. New players come and go, new ideas come and go. And that results in change. Whether these changes are heading in the right direction is a fair conversation to have, but to dismiss these changes as a double standard seems unfairly dismissive. And as for the the reference to this case, I think there's a legitimate argument to be made that the community would view a player who admits their mistake and makes an honest effort to resolve the issue privately with much more sympathy than a player who doesn't recognize their mistake and immediately responds with "enjoy the blacklist."