Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. 4Loko

4Loko Active Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Also for anyone reading this thread, who maybe taking sides on this situation, and read the comments about about the guild Ours. Please leave them out of this, they're a fantastic guild with incredible people in it, who had absolutely nothing to do with my actions. I honestly couldn't say enough about the people in it.

Knoxz likes this.
  2. calvinzxc

calvinzxc Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    The outside world y’all facing is harsh LOL.

From what i can understand from here is that the item wasn’t intended for the looter to loot it.

When i saw a fellow drop his stuff like e.g wallet on the floor, my first instinct is to quickly sound out to him to pick it up.

This scenario is comparable to real world context like courier parcel delivery. You waiting for the parcel to be deliver over and normally the delivery guy would leave the package at the doorstep but someone just decided to take it before you can retrieve it.

It becomes a crime.

However at mapleroyals context, it’s really NOT wrong to loot the item on the ground as everyone should know the consequences of dropping items instead of trading, thus i concurred that should use trade for safe option than dropping.

I also think the looter can keep the item as it did not break the t&c of the game, but well…

It is honestly up to individual morality.

Edit: Not siding anyone, i should make my personal opinion clear is that not he is not wrong and no need to be in the blacklist as it make logical decisions and argument while on other hand to help the other party how to arrange for a better outcome such as funding campaign to achieve a peaceful and win win solution.

3. 4Loko

4Loko Active Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    I think there's a big difference between accidentally dropping your wallet, and having someone steal it. As opposed to throwing your wallet into a strangers lap, and getting mad over them taking it. He chose to drop his items practically on top of me. There's a huge difference between the morality of someones lost wallet, and a person intentionally dropping their video game items on another player.

4. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    All very valid points. But I doubt there would be much of a paradigm shift in the community with regards to drop trading your own items in the time span of 1 year. (March 2022 - June 2023)

At least I still think its the player's own fault.

Who is going to compensate me for the time I spent trading my own storage/store mules 9 items at a time because I dont want to lose my items?

Gert and Sen like this.
  5. calvinzxc

calvinzxc Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    You’re totally right.
    Although the wallet was just a little context reference only.

My point was that it wasn’t meant for you to loot it, but since he dropped it on you, i agreed too that you can get to keep the item because he wasn’t careful.

My direction is geared towards graciousness. That’s all.

6. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Personally I think it can, and I feel like I've seen some more dramatic shifts in other areas. For example, I think a year ago, way more players would have been way more hostile towards a player who tried to report another player to the blacklist for persistently blocking them with a chair in FM. If I recall correctly, it was only a few years ago that a different player was absolutely eviscerated by the community for getting another player banned for the exact same thing. That being said, if you (or anyone else) believe that yoinking dropped items is not blacklistable behavior that's totally fair.

You're stretching the analogy too far the other way. He did not throw his wallet onto your lap. He threw his wallet into the air with the intention to catch it himself, you just walked over and caught it instead.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    Donn1e, CodGhost, eVolve and 9 others like this.
  7. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    In most scenarios, dropping a wallet is an accident, but dropping a 2d game item isn't.

Knoxz likes this.
  8. nyannko777

nyannko777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nyanpasu77
    Level:
    Guild:
    KumaFarm
    (no one knows this is new way for RWT) :rolleyes:

Sha, Tail, JimTW and 18 others like this.
  9. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    okay guess im fked then. i loot everything people drop even def scrolls.

10. Seyu

Seyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Seyu
    Level:
    Unironically you make a good point

"Explain the origin of your 20wa FS and 23wa SCG"

"Somebody droptrade to their mule in FM and I sniped it, you can see this post on blacklist"

There is definitely potential for abuse here, hopefully staff can take note

kmusissi, rustygreen, eVolve and 10 others like this.
  11. calvinzxc

calvinzxc Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Everyone have their own opinion and mindset. I can’t force my opinion on anyone and expect them to take it.

Personally i encountered a guy transferring scrolls near the fm entrance while i was passing by and i just loot it out of fun, he gave me the F5 emoji :( hahaha less than a sec i dropped it back to him because i knew he just wanted to transfer to his storage mule.

I really wanna emphasise this again that it’s honestly up to individual since he didn’t break the rule.

12. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    There's actually been a couple of ban appeals of players claiming that they "looted" their items in random locations from potion stores to deserted rooms in FM. But for what it's worth, I don't think I've ever seen staff really accept that argument (e.g., the Kerning Sewer Case).

Gert, Tentomon and Seyu like this.
  13. Seyu

Seyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Seyu
    Level:
    True. That said I just read it and the GMs found the guy's excuse implausible because the dropper didn't try to get the item back. If the attempted RWT seller does in fact kick up some shit on forums, suddenly it becomes more 'legit'.

I don't think the large-scale RWT sellers will use this but I feel like players quitting the game and trying to cash out a bit might genuinely get away with using this as an excuse to RWT. For example a potential item laundering story is "I was droptrading my perfect weapon and 60 CGS to my mule but someone sniped it, I kicked up shit on blacklist then request 6 month self ban". I'm not a GM and don't know what info they have access to but I imagine this story would be very believable to me, which is concerning.

At any rate this is probably going off-topic, my stand is droptrade sniping is not blacklistable, it's a risk that was taken by the dropper for convenience's sake, and the looter is entitled to do whatever they want.

Saledor and Sen like this.
  14. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Don't worry I'm already planning on it >:D

Mads, Gert, okki and 1 other person like this.
  15. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    On a side note, go to gulag for maining akshan ;)

lee1 likes this.
  16. bloodsicle

Country Flag:
    Also fwiw, no one is claiming that the guy who dropped his shit is fully innocent, he did drop his items, and 3loko is fully in his right to keep them.

That being said, this thread is here to call out players "technically" not breaking the rules but still being a negative impact on the community. If they were breaking rules, a report + ban would be here instead.

And in regards to the gacha scrolls, isnt it common etiquette that if you drop stuff *at* the gacha place its because you dont want it? The location where ppl drop an item also has meaning you know.

Tentomon, DeJia, Tobi and 4 others like this.
  17. EtherSSS

EtherSSS Member

IGN:
    Ether
    Did any of you actually play maple back in the day? If you drop your stuff and it gets looted, sucks to be you. The wild west nature of old maple is a major reason why its so indelible in my mind, and why I try to recapture that by playing this server. Kicking/harassing/blacklisting someone for exercising their god given right to loot some goofball's stuff that he dropped is at its core an anti-maple view. Also, as an aside, no one really likes spaces that don't allow anything risky to happen. Risk is fun, fighting is fun, and trying to mold a community into something where no one's feelings can ever be hurt has never worked out for the best. A little bad blood is good, and people being injured for their mistakes is good. Leveraging the social machinery to essentially ruin someone's experience on the server is bad. Controversial takes to some types I'm sure, but trust me, I'm right.

18. bloodsicle

Country Flag:
    No one said that hes right, however the server did build a community, something that straight up didnt exist in gms, and his actions made him be unwanted in this community.
    Ofc hes still allowed to play, but people are equally valid saying they dont want to play with him, party with him, pq with him etc.

Jeckles, DeJia, CodGhost and 7 others like this.
  19. degerman123

degerman123 Well-Known Member

Level:
    Treating others the same way as you want to be treated can go a long way, in real life and ingame. In this instance though, one shouldn’t take the risk to transfer their gear by dropping just because you personally wouldn’t ever loot from anyone doing the same thing, but since you can’t expect others to follow the same ideals as you, you can’t expect them to not loot from you. Personally I would never transfer my gear by dropping, and if I ever did and someone took them, I would not attempt to blacklist it, sure I would really dislike the other as a person, for the very reason I spoke about earlier, but ultimately I would blame myself, aswel.

edit. if someone is being capable doing something of such to a stranger, and not showing any guilt or remorse about it, hence knowing it had a clear negative impact on the person, is concerning forsure and is 100% a red flag if you’re friends with such a person.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    leishun likes this.
  20. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Yep. Like the old MS, anyone is free to loot stuffs that a player drops openly and it is in their rights to pick up for keeping or drop it out again anytime.
    Also, like the old MS, anyone is free to mark a player they deem as high risk and it is in their rights to shun a player with known particular history that does not sit well within their own community circle.

CodGhost, eVolve and Sylafia like this.