Damage calculator - All classes

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Geyforlife, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    LINK TO DPS CHART THREAD: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/dps-charts.124709/

The spreadsheet is set as view-only mode, so if you wish to use it, please make a copy of it.

Damage Calculator
    calculator updated by shiyui and tim
    calculator i've been using

Calculation for shadowers might be off, I'm still figuring out how assassinate works

After receiving some edit requests, I am going to leave this image on how to make a copy...
    tip.JPG

You can calculate your dps on any class now! This calculator also considers damage cap.
    Update 31/03/19:
    1. fixed blast (f/i/l) (sword) attack speed (somehow it was using strafe attack speed instead)
    2. screwed up many se calculations with paladin, somehow overlooked them while creating... fixed them
    3. added acb

Update 22/02/19:
    1. Changed barrage+DS cooldown to 2.68 from 2.34 after examining a video sent by a friend using the combo.

Update 20/02/19:
    1. Changed 1h and 2h axe mastery to 0.75
    2. Increased assassinate base at level 30 from 600 to 950. (didnt change for assassinate 20 because I don't know the change in base for that)
    3. increased bstep from 500 to 600
    4. Change bucc skill multipliers accordingly (barrage 230->330, DS 810->900, demo 400->500)

Update 10/01/19:
    1. BW dmg for pally somehow had an extra 2x multiplier that did not make sense. Removed it.

Update 11/12/18:
    1. Changed how SE affects hero's brandish damage. Changed from (260+140)*1.9 to 260*1.9+140 (Still considering this though, I'm still not sure if this is accurate)
    2. confirmed that for corsairs and drks, bullseye and zerk does increase se damage

Update 19/11/18:
    1. Added a weap speed field
    2. Added BWs/Axes to the calcs.
    3. Shadower calculations should be possible now.
    4. Added more attack potions
    5. Added a template sheet that can be used for quick comparison.
    6. Added more sheets but to keep things neat, they are hidden. If you wish to see them you can go: view>hidden sheets

Worked together with @Tsue to make this. Was inspired by @Martin calculator here.

DPS charts: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/theoretical-dps-chart-ranking.124709/

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    DickDann, Shnang, 7iro and 9 others like this.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    New
    Level:
    Guild:
    StarVN
  3. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    Yes! It is possible with this calculator.

4. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    You forgot to add the extra 10 atk archers get from their 4th job mastery skill

Geyforlife likes this.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    New
    Level:
    Guild:
    StarVN
  6. Zerato

Zerato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EclipseDK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    Nice calculator! Even though I'm not a fan of sheets (I like graphical user interfaces instead) I have to admit, that this one is really intuitive and easy to use

One thing I'd like to point out to people who might get confused, is that the Range showed in Maple Ability window is not the one used in calculations for DKs. In my case, my window shows 3538 ~ 7988 while the sheet shows 5794 ~7988. So as long as the upper range number is correct, you know that you input your data correctly

7. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    Could it be that you have to use beholder since it increases mastery (and consequently increases minimum range)

8. Zerato

Zerato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EclipseDK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    Nope, it's because of the way Crusher works and the design with Maple's stab/slash ratio. The formula in the calculator above tells the minimum damage of Crusher, but the minimum range showed in-game is what I'd hit with a slash of my spear, which is not possible with Crusher.
    So again, there's nothing wrong with the calculator. The DPS is calculated correctly (at least it seems so to me hehe) but the difference in range can be confusing to some

Geyforlife likes this.
  9. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    how do i use this?

10. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
  11. Zerato

Zerato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EclipseDK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    EDIT: Oh I noticed this spreadsheet is very beautifully written! I can insert a row, and create my own stuff. Why ain't this one stickied already @Evan?

So basically, the below text was my suggestion to implement something like this
    dps.png

Very nice that we can customize the calculator based on our personal preferences. +1

I am using this spreadsheet every now and then (well, a copy of it that I've put as a bookmark in my browser for quick access...) and I'd like to suggest something:
    Can we have an option for Spear with Speed 5? Currently, we choose between "Spear Crusher (Sky Ski)" and "Spear Crusher (Dragon Faltizan)".
    These two options feels like a limitation to me. What if I'm using a Maple Pyrope Spear, or a Stormshear? What if I'm using Redemption? Of course I, along with most others, know that Pyrope and Ski has equal speed, and Stormshear has the same with Dragon Faltizan, Pinaka and most other spears. Redemption being Slow8 is of course nothing you'd hope beats your DPS but it would still be nice to have some more control over the calculation, as a user.

So my suggestion is: Let us input the attack speed by ourselves, for example:
    • Spear Crusher (810ms)
    • Spear Crusher (870ms)
    • Spear Crusher (930ms)
    • Spear Crusher (990ms)
    • Spear Crusher (1050ms)
    ...and so on. Instead of having just 2 fixed options.
    This could also help us account for Speed Infusion Level. Currently, setting SI to "Yes" adds 2 speed, I guess? But maybe I just have Lv.1 SI...

Adding in Pole-arm Fury would be interesting too. Right now it's a bit inconvenient for me, because I find myself using my own calculator for some things, but this one for other (most) things. Since this one is beautiful, give it all the features it deserves! :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Geyforlife likes this.
  12. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
  13. Ditz

Ditz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ditrz
    u legend

14. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
  15. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    updated with the latest patch update

I noticed that assassinate "charge" mechanic was dropped. Does dark sight need to be cast in order to use assasinate then? I would have to change attack speed of assassinate accordingly in that case
    1. buccs are really good. Also, barrage + DS deals more damage than demolition if executed perfectly
    2. axe heroes are somewhat viable
    3. bstep+ass30 damage output is more acceptable (there's an overall increase of ~30k-50k dps, putting it much closer to non-NLs/corsairs) Might still have to do some bombing to mitigate low damage, however. But still a change in a good direction

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Tsue likes this.
  16. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    Took at look a paladin's calculation and realised I made some mistakes. The se calculations were mistakenly taken from hero's brandish (which has a lower multiplier). Would recommend anybody doing paladin calculations to make a fresh copy of the spreadsheet.

Tsue likes this.
  17. Crazzzzeh

Crazzzzeh Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hedi
    Great work on this. I'm a huge fan!

If there was information about the delay on Heaven's Hammer, it would be beneficial to add it in, too. We can then see when using Heavens Hammer would be better option, against Blast.

Geyforlife likes this.
  18. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    @Geyforlife's DPS calculator has been updated by @Tim and myself to reflect current class and skill mechanics and damage formulas as of update 60!

We invoked Karven to confirm a few damage formulas, like for Paladin skills, and fixed those too.

Do note that no DPS calculator factors in things like recharge time for skills such as Hero's Advanced Combo Attack.

So theoretically, a hero will calc to be stronger than an equivalent dark knight. But in practice, a dark knight has higher DPS than a slightly stronger hero.

> /// Link to the updated and fixed DPS calculator here! /// <

yann, Tect, Geyforlife and 2 others like this.
  19. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

Not sure if there's any interest in this, however would it be okay to add Pole Arm Crusher? Just to test Purple Surfboard.

20. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    Thanks for this wonderful detailed calculator @Geyforlife !

Just want to confirm the cast time for Bstep+Ass since it was recently touched upon. The calculator updated by shiyui and tim says 2.31s, your original calc (now strikethrough) says 2.15s, and at the thread on how to utilise Shad at HT you commented that it’s 2.12s from your testings. @FuminoAya

On a random note you did a theoretical dps chart before the valentines update, feels like it is the most accurate ones that I can find seeing how even the corsair’s ship damage is taken into account. Not sure if you did another chart with updated job buffs this time, if it would appear similar to the Valentines update chart by Tim but I believe in Tim’s chart ele weak wasn’t applied for pala, and when applied I’m not sure how the rankings would change (at my thread shad/pally/bucc seems to have no consensus) since it’s a visual chart, although I get that it’s just multiplied by 1.5 (and for bucc there’s no barrage+demo if it matters)

FuminoAya likes this.