Disoriented's Permanent Beginner Guide!

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by willekrona, Jun 3, 2016.

1. willekrona

willekrona Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Disoriented
    Level:
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to my one and only Permanent Beginner guide.
    If you're looking for an "Islander" guide you've come to the wrong place. This is going to be a guide on beginners leaving Maple Island to continue their adventures on the rest of the Maple World.
    You can find IslandSluts Islander guide by clicking here.

[​IMG]

Beginner is a job you don't see very often outside of the maple island.
    When people reach level 10 they usually go to their job trainer and get something better. Some of us decides to stay beginners to take advantage of the few things beginners can do that other jobs cant.

My IGN is Disoriented and I'm a level 71 beginner. I've been playing the beginner job for as long as I can remember.
    It have always been my go-to class when I make a new character, not because they're strong but because I like the way they play and they're very unique.

[​IMG]
    PROS:
    + Being a beginner gives you a 90% taxi discount.
    +No exp loss upon death!
    +Strong beginner weapons, such as Maroon Mop & Frozen Tuna.
    +People will fame you because you're unique!

CONS:
    - They're limited to the beginner skills.
    - They deal pretty low damage compared to other classes.
    - Very low HP.

[​IMG]

Three Snails [​IMG]
    This skill is a range attack that deals a maximum of 40 damage when it's level 3.
    It can be very useful when you're leveling and/or killing monsters that have HP below 40.
    I personally recommend to max this skill out, since it's the 2nd best skill we get.
    Make sure you stock up on "Red Snail Shells" before using this skill.
    You must have a 1-handed weapon equipped to use this skill.

Level 1: Snail Shell -1, MP -3; Damage 10
    Level 2: Blue Snail Shell -1, MP -5; Damage 25
    Level 3: Red Snail Shell -1, MP -7; Damage 40
    Terms between skills: Instant

Recovery [​IMG]
    This skill recovers a small amount of HP over time.
    This skill isn't really that useful at all because of the amount of HP it recovers and it's cooldown.
    The only reason anyone would put points in Recovery is if they want to show off the skill animation.
    (Yes, that's what beginners do for fun)
    I would not recommend anyone to put points into this skill.

Level 1: MP -10; Recover HP 24 in 30 sec.
    Level 2: MP -20; Recover HP 48 in 30 sec.
    Level 3: MP -30; Recover HP 72 in 30 sec.
    Terms between skills: 10 min

Nimble Feet [​IMG]
    This is skill gives you a speed bonus over a short period of time.
    This is the most useful beginner skill because it speeds you up and shorterns the amount of time it takes for you to travel.
    The cooldown is pretty short which makes this skill useful even when leveling, getting from one side of the map to the other.
    I really recommend you to max this skill out.

Level 1: MP -4; Speed +10 for 4 sec.
    Level 2: MP -7; Speed +15 for 8 sec.
    Level 3: MP -10; speed +20 for 12 sec.
    Terms between skills: 1 min

[​IMG]
    There isn't only one way of building your beginner.
    In this section we're going to talk more about the different AP builds for Beginners and see which one fits you the best.

HP Beginner:
    HP Beginners sometimes put their AP into HP.
    The most common way to allocate your AP as a HP Beginner is: 2 STR, 2 HP, 1 DEX.
    HP Beginners are the second most likely beginner to get a Zhelm because of their high HP. (see Equipment section)
    This is the second weakest beginner type because they put points of potential damage into HP.

Full HP Beginner:
    Full HP Beginners put all of their AP into HP.
    These beginners don't take on leveling themselves, but is leeched from other players or by multi-clienting.
    They can't really fight because of their AP distribution and is therefore the weakest type of beginners.
    The only reason for this AP Build is to have a Beginner with a zhelm.

Pure STR Beginner:
    Pure STR beginners is exactly what it sounds like, a beginner that only puts they AP towards STR.
    This is the strongest type of beginners because of their high STR.
    These beginners usually have problems leveling and hitting the monsters because of their low accuracy.
    Therefore it's crucial for a Pure STR Beginner to scroll their armor with DEX.

Base DEX Beginner:
    This type of Beginner usually decides on a base DEX to stick to.
    The amount of base DEX depends on how funded you are to get the right ammount of accuracy.
    Base DEX Beginners usually stick with either 50, 60, 70 or 80 base DEX.
    These beginners usually scroll their armor with either STR or DEX dependant on what is needed.
    I decided to go with 50 base DEX on my beginner.

[​IMG]
    In this section we're going to talk about the most useful items for beginners.
    I'm not going to go through every item a beginner can use, only the ones I personally find useful.

Frozen Tuna [​IMG]
    Req level: 20
    Req Stats: 80 STR
    Weapon Attack: 85
    Speed: Slower

This items is very useful when leveling a beginner, it's going to be your strongest weapon until you get to level 36 and can wear the Maroon Mop. It's slower attack speed makes it a bit tedious to grind with but it's damage totally makes up for it.

Maroon Mop [​IMG]
    Req level: 36
    Req Stats: 130 STR
    Weapon Attack: 220
    Speed: Slower

The Maroon Mop is a beginners best friend because of it's insanely high weapon attack. Once again the attack speed is slower so it's going to be tedious leveling with this one because you'll have to wait so long for your attacks to come out.
    As the Frozen Tuna, this weapon also makes up for it with it's insane damage. This is the best weapon you can get as a beginner, and treat it as such. Unless you can kill the monsters in one or two hits, it's usually never worth it using any other weapon than the mop.

1-Handed Maple Swords [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Req Level:
    35, 43, 64
    Req Stats: None
    Weapon Attack: 48, 60, 81
    Speed: Fast
    Effect: All of them gives 30~ accuracy

These swords often comes in handy as a Beginner. Even if the Maroon Mop's weapon attack is way higher than any of these swords they're still useful if you can one or two hit the monsters with them. They give a lot of accuracy which is very good for Pure STR Beginners or any beginner that is lacking accuracy.

Scrolled Robes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Req Level:
    20, 30
    Weapon Def: 20, 30

Ah, yes the robes. These robes are very common in maplestory because they're usually scrolled like hell. The reason why these are so good is because they can be worn by ANY class, and yes that includes beginners.
    They have 10 slots, which means they can be scrolled a lot.
    Try finding either a STR scrolled one or a DEX scrolled one for your beginner if your intentions are to fight.

Zakum Helmet [​IMG]
    Req Level:
    Weapon Def: 150
    Effect: 13-20 all stats

This helm just like the robes are very often seen in Maplestory, mainly because it's just sooo great!
    The helmet itself isn't that expensive either, but the hard part lies in getting it.
    To get a zhelm you need to partake in a zakum run, meaning you're going to have someone fight him for you whilist you still being in the room. Zakum deals a lot of damage, roughly about 3.5k.
    I have 1.2k hp making it pretty much impossible for me to get a zhelm until very late levels.
    A Zakum Helmet is definitely not NEEDED on a Beginner, but it's cool and very good.
    If you really want to have one I suggest you to check out HP washing here.

[​IMG]
    In this section we're going to talk about different potions that will help you while leveling your beginner. I could list every potion in the game, since they all have their own use but I'm obviously not going to do that. I'll list the ones I think are the most useful and easy to get.

Pain Reliever [​IMG]
    Effect:
    30+ Weapon Def for 30 minutes
    Price: 1600

This is in my opinion one of the most useful potions for beginners. You should know by now that Beginners have VERY low HP. They give you a nice defence boost to make the monsters hit you for less, making you use less potions.
    The main reason I love these potions so much is because of the 30 minute duration.
    These pots can be a bit of a hassle getting since you need to travel down the Ludibrium Tower to get to Omega Sector, but it is totally worth it.

Warrior Elixir [​IMG]
    Effect: +12 Weapon Attack for 8 minutes
    Price: 1000

This one is pretty self explanatory, it's not too pricey and it gives you a nice boost to your damage range. I personally use these potions at all times when I am leveling, because they're just so good.

Sniper Pill [​IMG]
    Effect:
    +10 Accuracy for 10 minutes
    Price: 300

These potions are pretty much the accuracy equivalent of the Warrior Elixir. It gives you a nice boost of accuracy if you're having troubles with hitting the monsters. I carry these with me at all times and use them if needed.

[​IMG]
    This is going to be my personal favorites leveling spots to level 70.
    It does not mean it's going to be the most optimized way to gain EXP.

1~11: Do all the quests on Maple Island.
    11~15: Killing slimes in the Slime Tree.
    15~21: Henesys Hunting Ground 1 or Bubblings AKA blue slimes in the Kerning subway.
    21~35: Kerning PQ or Ant Tunnel.
    35~50 (or even further): LPQ or Teddies & Trojans in Ludi Clocktower.
    50~60: Forest of Golems or killing Robots in Ludi Clocktower.
    60~70: Forest of Golems, MP3 or GS2.

Once again, these are my PERSONAL favorites and is not intended to be the fastest leveling at all times.

[​IMG]

We've come to the last part of this guide which is the credits section!

Kudos to Telescope for helping me finding the stats for the Zhelm.
    Big up to my friend Harmist for reminding me to add the potion section of the guide.
    Writing this guide took me longer than i imagined, but i hope it turned out well.
    I bet there's a lot of spelling errors but im too lazy to spellcheck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I hope this guide will help some fellow beginners out there,
    or maybe even inspire some of you to make your own Permanent Beginners!
    Shoutout to Commoners! A Permanent Beginner Guild!

Thanks for reading my guide!
    [​IMG]
    Disoriented, Signing out!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Scuzz, saigou, darkjordanx and 11 others like this.
  2. Wulas

Wulas Donator

[​IMG]
    Rip Vlogs

David2016, IslandSlut, Thom and 2 others like this.
  3. aalexwtf

aalexwtf Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snuset
    Level:
    swagmoney guide man

willekrona likes this.
  4. noobtkmule

noobtkmule Member

Country Flag:
    I dont understand why you keep saying Zhelm is hard to get...it is really easy and you are convincing people they should add ap hp which I strongly disagree with. I got a zhelm at level 70 with NO added ap and had actually 200 more hp than I needed.
    EDIT: Also a top and bottom is way better than a robe please

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Dizz likes this.
  5. willekrona

willekrona Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Disoriented
    Level:
    "I'm not going to go through every item a beginner can use, only the ones I personally find useful." I never suggested to putting points in HP. But if people find that build fun, sure go ahead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. noobtkmule

noobtkmule Member

Country Flag:
    I'm more talking about how you say you can only get a zakum helm at a late level

7. Dizz

Dizz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dizz
    Level:
    I would like to add that Voodoos and Windraiders at level 60-70 give better exp per hour than all of the above mentioned training locations, with an exception to Forest of Golems being the best training area before either of these two.
    And also, as stated before, a top and bottom is more useful than an overall for the scrolling beginner, as two pieces of equipment with 7 slots each is superior to 1 piece with 10 slots.
    As for getting Zakum Helmets, if your party has a Dark Knight with Hyper body, then you only need 1900 HP, and this can be easily acquired with HP gear and a normal build, meaning adding AP to HP is not necessary.
    Ciders are also superior to warrior elixirs if you can deal with the -5 accuracy that they give, and the fact that they take 1 slot each and do not stack. They're acquirable from the showa town vendor.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  8. vinelle

vinelle Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    miyou
    but when beginners go to get their zhelms, how do we start the prequest if we don't have a corresponding 3rd job NPC?

9. HoboMS

HoboMS Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HoboStory
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fame
    Shammos in El Nath gives the quest at L50.

Also, please note Beginners can no longer use AP Resets. That got disabled in the v7x client series as a 'feature' by Nexon, and Royals uses a v8x client.

10. vinelle

vinelle Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    miyou
    Ah, I see. Does that mean it's impossible for beginners to do the Zakum quest then if they don't put their SP from levelling into HP?

11. HoboMS

HoboMS Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HoboStory
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fame
    No! What you want to do is scroll as much equipment as you can for HP, and get Explorer medals. Victoria Island Explorer medal, for instance, gives +125 HP/MP, and can be gained before L60. Your goal is to reach around 2.2k HP and then have Hyper Body at Zakum. This will give you just enough HP to survive.

12. DirtyTurtles

DirtyTurtles Donator

Country Flag:
    Sorry this is old but what is a good top and bottom for beginner? What has most slots/highest def

13. TomTechTales

TomTechTales Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TomTechTales
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Guardians
    Are you referring to top+bot for HP gear? Or as a normal mob-killing stat item?

14. DirtyTurtles

DirtyTurtles Donator

Country Flag:
    Both im lvl 18 rn and i wanna get a zhelm someone above said you dont need ap into hp for one so id like to get hp scrolled gear and a set of attack gear as well

15. DirtyTurtles

DirtyTurtles Donator

Country Flag:
    Another thing missing is a where to farm red shells but im assuming lith is best spot for this

16. TomTechTales

IGN:
    TomTechTales
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Guardians
    -Well, if you're interested in a set for fighting, just get set your DEX on a specific base number, get a lot of DEX items to get those MISSES out, and then purely add STR imo.
    -No need to add HP via AP, because you'll have enough using decent HP gear + HB Skill in zak run.

DirtyTurtles likes this.
  17. TomTechTales

IGN:
    TomTechTales
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Guardians
    Oh, and about red shells, they're not really useable after those starting levels, so no need to grind for those :)
    If you're really intereested, I could give you a bunch that I have sitting around, but I don't advise you use them for mob killing as your normal melee attacks deal much more DPS!

DirtyTurtles likes this.
  18. DirtyTurtles

DirtyTurtles Donator

Country Flag:
    Thanks alot tom. Im still curious which classless clothes have the most slots. I cant think of any clothes that arent event specific that cant be bought at like lith harbro so im gunna take a look when i get home to see what has the most slots and defence for tops and bottoms

19. TomTechTales

IGN:
    TomTechTales
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Guardians
    Listen mate, add me in-game, I'll get ya set up and running :)
    IGN - TomTechTales / PermaPath / Ravenbeak

NoWash likes this.
  20. Low End

Low End Member

Country Flag:
    This is a dank write up.

Appreciate your avatar too, long live mc ride.