Everything About Pets

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Succubus, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    [​IMG]
    || How Much Do You Love Your Pets?! ||

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Table of Contents
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[​IMG]

In the world of Maple, we have different types of creatures. Ranging from snails to dragons, these animals want nothing more than to tear you to pieces. In order to survive, our people had to train each and every day until we were strong enough to face these creatures. Unfortunately, many of us failed to survive in combat due to our lack of skill. To prevent the daily tragedies from happening, our people resorted to hiding. We would not leave our homes for anything other than gethering for food. It was a depressing time, but that is how we survived for so long.

Recently, a group of powerful critters formed an organization named the Human Protection Program (HPP). Their objective is to prevent the extinction of the human race. By sending an agent to accompany a human, they were able to slowly decrease the number of deaths caused by our failures to quickly heal before taking blows. A majority of the encounters with powerful foes lead to victory!

Up until this day, these pets fight side-by-side with their human companions, providing support for all the hardships we are forced to endure..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​

[​IMG]

There are various items you can purchase for your pet, all of which can be found in the Cash Shop.
    These items can be broken down into three categories: Equip and Use.

Equipment

[​IMG] Meso Magnet (2,400 NX) - Allows the pet to pick up mesos on the ground as it passes by them.
    [​IMG] Item Pouch (2,400 NX) - Allows the pet to pick up items on the ground as it passes by them.
    [​IMG] Wing Boots (1,800 NX) - Allows the pet to automatically move to collect items or mesos.
    [​IMG] Binocular (1,800 NX) - Increases the range of Wing Boots.
    [​IMG] Auto HP Potion Pouch (1,800 NX) - Allows the pet to restore your HP by consuming an HP potion from your inventory.
    [​IMG] Auto MP Potion Pouch (1,800 NX) - Allows the pet to restore your MP by consuming an MP potion from your inventory.
    [​IMG] Magic Scales (1,800 NX) - Allows the pet to prioritize looting items or mesos based on the time until an item disappears.
    [​IMG] Item Ignore Pendant (3,000 NX) - Allows the pet to ignore certain items when picking items up from the ground. (Prequest in Henesys Pet Park)
    [​IMG] Pet Quote Ring (3,500 NX) - Changes the pet's quote bubble style.
    [​IMG] Pet Label Ring (3,000 NX) - Changes the pet's name tag style.

Clothing - Allows you to use pet scrolls to increase the pet's attribute when equipped.

Scroll for Pet Equip. for Speed
    10% (+3 SPD) 60% (+2 SPD) 100% (+1 SPD)
    Jr. Wraith, Lorang, King Blocktopus, Dyle Bubbling, Green Mushroom, Ghost Stump, Street Slime, Cloud Fox, Jr. Wraith, Zombie Mushmom, Goby, Scarf Plead, King Clang Bubbling, Green Mushroom, Horny Mushroom
    Scroll for Pet Equip. for Jump
    10% (+3 JMP) 60% (+2 JMP) 100% (+1 JMP)
    Lorang, Tae Roon Stirge, Zombie Mushmom, Sparker, Black Porky, Black Kentaurus, Veetron Green Mushroom, Jr. Necki

Use
    These items will be consumed when used. Make sure you use these items wisely.

Premium Pet Food (1,000 NX[1], 10,000[11]) - Completely restores fullness and increases closeness by 100.
    [​IMG] Water of Life (2,400 NX) - Resets the expiration date of a pet.
    [​IMG] The Rock of Evolution (5,500 NX) - Evolves a pet into its final form.
    [​IMG] Pet Name Tag (2,100 NX) - Allows you to rename your pet. Also increases the chance your pet responds to commands if you use the following format:

Command Format
    Pet Name: Fluffy
    Command: Poop
    Text: "Fluffy, poop!"

[​IMG]

Simply purchasing an AutoHP or AutoMP item will not make your pet heal you. There are quite a few things you have to do before your pet is able to restore your HP and/or MP. The following steps will walk you step-by-step on how to activate the AutoPot system.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1) Press I to open your inventory.
    2) Open the CASH tab in your inventory.
    3) Double-click on your pet to activate it.
    4) Open the EQUIP tab in your inventory.
    5) Double-click on the AutoPot item to equip it.
    6) Open the USE tab in your inventory.
    7) Press E to open your equipment window.
    8) Expand the PET EQUIP to view the pet equipment section.
    9) Drag the desired potion into the PETHP or PETMP slot.
    (Do not drop the potion on top of the AutoPot item. Drag it into the box to the right.)
    10) The System Options menu should appear. Adjust the HP/MP Alert slider to your preference.
    (The HP/MP Alert represents the percentage of HP/MP you have to be below before AutoPot activates.)
    11) Click OK and you're done.
    12) Repeat steps 6-11 to equip both of the AutoPot items.​

[​IMG]

Fullness represents a pet's hunger level. In order to restore a pet's fullness, you need to give it a snack every once in a while. Pet Food can only be purchased for 30 mesos by special merchants in the Maple World. You also have the option to purchase Premium Pet Food in the Cash Shop for NX which will fully restore its fullness. Here are a list of Pet Food Merchants and their locations!

Victoria Island

[​IMG]
    Doofus
    Henesys: Pet-Walking Road
    Henesys: Henesys Market

Ossyria

[​IMG]
    Corporal Wilson
    Orbis: Orbis Park

Ludus Lake

[​IMG]
    Patricia
    Ludibrium: Ludibrium

Minar Forest

[​IMG]
    Moodie
    Leafre: Leafre

Things You Should Know:
    - Feeding your pet has a chance to increase closeness by 1.
    - Overfeeding your pet will cause its closeness to decrease.
    - When you level, your pet's fullness is reset to 100.
    - Your pet will appear tired when its fullness drops below 50.
    - When your pet's fullness is low enough, it will return to your inventory.

[​IMG]

Pets are creatures that need to be trained and cared for. The more you train them, the stronger your bond between you and your pet. Closeness is a measurement of a pet's experience points. The higher its closeness, the more useful the pet. Why is this important? Imagine yourself creating a new character. You are very limited in the things you can do until you level up and job advance. The same idea applies to pets. Leveling your pet will allow it to learn new commands!

How do you train your pet? There are several ways you can increase your pets closeness.

1) Use Pet Commands
    2) Feed Your Pet
    3) Pet Park Jump Quests
    Henesys: Pet-Walking Road
    Ludibrium: Ludibrium Pet Walkway
    4) Spend NX on the Premium Pet Food.​

Here is a table of the required closeness for each level. Note that the max level is 30 and that your pet will not gain any more closeness at that point.

Level Closeness
    1 0 16 2161
    2 1 17 2793
    3 3 18 3557
    4 6 19 4467
    5 14 20 5542
    6 31 21 6801
    7 60 22 8263
    8 108 23 9950
    9 181 24 11882
    10 287 25 14084
    11 434 26 16578
    12 632 27 19391
    13 891 28 22548
    14 1224 29 26074
    15 1642 30 30000

[​IMG]

- Each Pet has a list of different commands. Use the table below as a reference to commands that are available to certain pets.
    - If you named your pet using the Pet Name Tag, you can command your pet using this format.
    - When your pet reaches Level 15, you may use it to speak by typing the command: "/pet <text>".
    - This table does not contain donator pet commands.

Black Kitty | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, poop | Lv. 10: talk, chat, say, cutie | Lv.20: up, rise, stand Black Pig | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, up, stand, iloveyou, poop, hand | Lv. 10: talk, say, chat, hug | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed Brown Kitty | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, poop | Lv. 10: talk, chat, say, cutie | Lv.20: up, rise, stand Brown Puppy | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, stupid, ihateyou, baddog, dummy, iloveyou, pee | Lv. 10: talk, chat, say, down | Lv. 20: up, rise, stand
    Dino Boy | Lv 1: sit, stupid, ihateyou, badboy, badgirl, iloveyou, poop, smile | Lv. 10: talk, chat, say, cutie, laugh | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed, up, rise, stand Dino Girl | Lv 1: sit, stupid, ihateyou, badboy, badgirl, iloveyou, poop, smile | Lv. 10: talk, chat, say, cutie, laugh | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed, up, rise, stand Dragon | (Baby) | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, loveyou, poop | Lv. 11: talk, say, chat, cutie, sleep, sleepy, gotobed | (Evolved) | Lv. 15: sit, bad, no, badgirl, badboy, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, loveyou, poop, talk, say, chat, sleep, sleepy, gotobed | Lv. 21: change Golden Pig | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, poop, iloveyou | Lv. 11: talk, say, chat, loveme, hugme | Lv. 21: sleep, sleepy, gotobed, impressed, outofhere, roll, showmethemoney
    Husky | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, stupid, ihateyou, baddog, dummy, iloveyou, pee | Lv. 10: talk, say, chat, down, bark | Lv. 20: up, rise, stand Jr. Balrog | Lv. 1: liedown, no, bad, badgirl, badboy, iloveyou, mylove, likeyou, cute, cutie, pretty, adorable, poop, smirk, crooked, laugh | Lv. 11: melong, good, thelook, charisma, speak, talk, chat, say, sleep, nap, sleepy | Lv. 21: gas Jr. Reaper | Lv. 1: sit, iloveyou, hug, talk, say, chat, smellmyfeet, monstermash, trickortreat, rockout, boo, poop, playdead, no, bad, badboy, badgirl Mini Kargo | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badgirl, badboy, up, stand, rise, pee, iloveyou | Lv. 11: talk, say, chat, thelook, charisma, down | Lv. 21: good, goodboy
    Mini Yeti | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, poop, dance, boogie, shakeit, cute, cutie, pretty, adorable, iloveyou, likeyou, mylove | Lv. 10: talk, chat, say, sleep, nap Monkey | Lv. 1: sit, rest, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, iloveyou, pee, up, stand | Lv. 10: talk, say, chat, play, melong | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed Panda | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, up, stand, pee, hug, iloveyou | Lv. 10: talk, say, chat, play, meh | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed Penguin | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, poop, up, stand, rise, iloveyou | Lv. 10: talk, say, chat, hug, hugme, wing, hand | Lv. 20: sleep, kiss, smooch, muah, fly, cute, adorable
    Pink Bunny | Lv. 1: sit, stand, up, no, bad, badgirl, badboy, iloveyou, poop | Lv. 10: say, chat, talk, hug | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed Porcupine | Lv. 1: sit, no, bad, badgirl, badboy, iloveyou, hug, talk, chat, say, cushion, sleep, knit, poop | Lv. 10: comb, beach | Lv. 20: treeninja, dart Robo | (Baby) | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badgirl, badboy, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, mylove, likeyou, talk, chat, say, sleep, sleepy, gotobed | Lv. 11: fire, attack, change, go | (Evolved) | Lv. 15: sit, bad, no, badgirl, badboy, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, mylove, likeyou, talk, chat, say, sleep, sleepy, gotobed | Lv. 21: fire, attack, change, go Robot | Lv. 1: sit, stand, rise, attack, bad, no, badboy, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, good | Lv. 11: speak, disguise
    Rudolph | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badboy, badgirl, up, stand, stupid, ihateyou, dummy, iloveyou, poop | Lv. 11: talk, say, chat, alone, lonely, cutie, merryxmas, merrychristmas, mush, go, rednose Skunk | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badgirl, badboy, restandrelax, poop, talk, chat, say, iloveyou, snuggle, hug, sleep, goodboy | Lv. 11: fatty, blind, badbreath | Lv. 21: suitup, bringthefunk Snowman | Lv. 1: stupid, ihateyou, dummy, loveyou, mylove, ilikeyou, merrychristmas, cutie, adorable, cute, pretty, bad, no, badgirl, badboy | Lv. 10:talk, chat, say, sleep, sleepy, gotobed | Lv. 20: change Turkey | Lv. 1: sit, no, rudeboy, mischief, up, stand, stupid, iloveyou | Lv. 11: talk, chat, gobble, yes, goodboy | Lv. 21: sleepy, birdnap, doze | Lv. 30: birdeye, thanksgiving, fly, friedbird, imhungry
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    White Bunny | Lv. 1: sit, stand, up, no, bad, badgirl, badboy, iloveyou, poop | Lv. 10: say, chat, talk, hug | Lv. 20: sleep, sleepy, gotobed White Tiger | Lv. 1: sit, bad, no, badgirl, badboy, poop, iloveyou, rest, chill, stupid, ihateyou, dummy | Lv. 11: talk, say, chat, actsad, sadlook | Lv. 21: wait

[​IMG]

In the Cash Shop, there are two special types of pets: Dragon and Robo. Why are they special? It is because they are able to change into one of many forms. This process is known as Pet Evolution.

Dragon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Baby | 2x Opal, 2x Garnet, 1x Bronze Plate, 400x Charm of the Undead Red | 2x Amethyst, 2x Topaz, 2x Adamantium Plate, 400x Cactus' Flower Green | 2x Emerald, 2x Diamond, 1x Silver Plate, 400x Squishy Liquid Blue | 2x Sapphire, 2x Aquamarine, 1x Mithril Plate, 400x Bubbling's Huge Bubble Black | 1x Star Rock, 400x Dragon Skin
    Robo
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Baby | 2x Sapphire, 1x Mithril Plate, 2x Gold Plate, 400x Blue Mushroom Cap Red | 2x Garnet, 1x Bronze Plate, 2x Orihalcon Plate, 400x Flamboyant Petal Gold | 2x Topaz, 1x Gold Plate, 2x Adamantium, 400x Sea Horse Horn Green | 2x Emerald, 1x Silver Plate, 2x Mithril Plate, 400x Green Mushroom Cap Blue | 2x Aquamarine, 1x Silver Plate, 2x Steel Plate, 400x Horny Mushroom Cap Gorilla | 1x Moon Rock, 400x Cursed Doll

[​IMG]

The pets in this list are only available to Donators. If you want to purchase one of these pets, you will have to donate to the server!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Harp Seal Black Bunny Kino Snail Crystal Rudolph Toucan White Duck
    Weird Alien Mir Ruby Bing Monkey Persian Cat Cake Pie
    Tiel Galiel Esel Baby Tiger Ruby Corgi Pup Metus
    Mors Invidia Storm Dragon Fennec Fox Butterfly Shark Puffram
    Craw Adriano Bonkey Elephant Silver Husky Pink Yeti Bandit
    Starwing Pink Bean Brown Burro Baby Tiger Pink Dragon Ice Dragon Red Dragon
    Fluffy Teddy Cute Teddy Puffy Teddy Red Elly Blue Burro Pumpkin Jack Pumpkin Zack
    Pumpkin Mack Prince Thumpy Merlion Kangaroo Frumpy Koala Grumpy Koala Nerdy Koala
    Honey Angel Lime Angel Peach Angel Toasty Devil Icy Devil Miasma Devil Gingerhead
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mini Queen Von Bon Pierre Slippery Snake Yeti Robot Tiny Gollux

[​IMG]

Q: Where can I purchase a pet?
    A: You can purchase pets in the Cash Shop. Donator Pets cost RP and regular pets cost NX Cash.
    [​IMG]

Q: Do pets expire?
    A: No. Items purchased in the Cash Shop do not expire.

Q: Can I have multiple pet out at the same time?
    A: Yes, however you must complete a quest in the Henesys Pet Park.

Q: Why does my pet keep disappearing?
    A: It is likely that the fullness value has been bugged. A trick that seems to work for me is to use Pet Food to feed the pet three to four times regardless of what the fullness value says.

Q: Why does my pet always start with low fullness each time I log in?
    A: It is a bug in the current source.

Q: Does my pet stay out when I relog?
    A: Yes. As of the new source, pets will stay out when you relog.

Q: Why didn't AutoPot do anything?
    A: Check to see that a potion is placed adjacent to the pouch and your system settings are correct.

Q: Why does my pet only sometimes heal me?
    A: AutoPot activates when something triggers it. Things that activate it include taking damage and using skills. It also has a trigger delay per potion. This means, if you take damage and your potion is not potent enough to restore a sufficient amount of HP/MP, your AutoPot is likely to fail at keeping you alive.

Q: Why can't I equip an item to my pet?
    A: Either the item has a pet restriction or your pet is not active.

Q: Do pets pick up items and mesos that I drop myself?
    A: No. Pets ignore all items and mesos that you drop.

Q: Why can't I loot when my pet is out?
    A: If you stand in the same position as your pet, you are restricted from picking up any items or mesos, including the ones you dropped yourself.

Q: Why doesn't my pet loot all the mesos on ground?
    A: This bug has been fixed as of the new source.

Q: Is it a bannable offense to allow my pet to loot another person's item?
    A: Yes. Even though you don't loot the items yourself, you are responsible for its actions. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.

Q: Can I drop my pet?
    A: No. If you want to remove the pet from your inventory, post a thread in the Character Issues subforum.

Q: I tried to name my pet, but it reverted back to its default name. What do I do?
    A: Post a thread in the Character Issues subforum with the proper format.

Q: Can I transfer my pet to another character?
    A: Yes.

Q: Why doesn't my pet pick up items on the map?
    A: This has been fixed as of the new source.

Q: Can I use the same potion for both HP and MP?
    A: Yes. Potions are not bound to one slot. You can put an HP potion into the MP Pouch slot and vice versa.

Q: Can my pet use more than one type of potion per slot?
    A: No, pets do not support multiple potions per pouch.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Geto, KimFP, Tail and 30 others like this.
  2. NME

NME Donator

IGN:
    Inventum
    Guild:
    Guardians
    I like the layout, nicely done. :)

Succubus likes this.
  3. Bacon

Bacon GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BaconLord01
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Sick guide. Definately the best pet guide

Succubus likes this.
  4. Kaka

Kaka Well-Known Member

IGN:
    iBrother
    Level:
    useful!

Succubus likes this.
  5. Fatlip

Fatlip Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Yes
    Pet jump quests do not work :C
    Completed them and nothing happened

Succubus likes this.
  6. NosX

NosX Member

Cash shop says pets expire in 90 days, but they don't?

7. Bacon

Bacon GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BaconLord01
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Yes they are permanent.

8. Zetectic

Zetectic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zetectic
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    A quick question: I am planning to buy a pet and also items: Meso Magnet, Item Pouch, Wing Boots and Binocular.
    They all seem to have different functions, but can I equip all at once? Will it not overlap equipment slots?

9. Piffy

Piffy Donator

Country Flag:
    Yes. You can wear everything that you have mentioned at a time. It will never overlap. Unless it is clothes/accessories for pets like ribbons, hat etc.

10. Intense Sea Urchin

Intense Sea Urchin Donator

hi , im new to mapleroyals , can i know where to get the DONOR pets's command?

11. Piffy

Piffy Donator

Country Flag:
    Which pet are you buying

yaqzan likes this.
  12. Intense Sea Urchin

Intense Sea Urchin Donator

Metus , the demon one , thanks for reply

13. niqqles

niqqles Member

IGN:
    niqqles
    Level:
    What are the commands for toto?

14. acruz34

acruz34 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DaddyDK
    Thank you for this

15. ellekimm

ellekimm Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iLikeHim
    Level:
    Which pets have effect and buffs?

16. trunghieu94

trunghieu94 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Hey, ignore item pendant, how does it work? it doesnt work for me

17. x3Cassandra

x3Cassandra Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    x3Cassandra
    Just to double check, i cant seem to purchase the Pet Name Change NX Item in cashshop.
    Is it disabled ? or purchased somewhere else ?

18. trunghieu94

trunghieu94 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Manual selection doesn't work?

19. kydaar

kydaar Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kydaar
    Level:
    it appears Ria in Ellinia for pet evolving is not working ?

ooiwanjun and trunghieu94 like this.
  20. ooiwanjun

ooiwanjun Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DoctorMOBA
    Level:
    Pet manual selection IS NOT WORKING!!!!