In Discussion Class/Skill [Feedback Request] Skill Changes and Balancing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nut, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    If the goal of this thread is to make small changes with significant positive impacts, here are a few things I have in mind:

- Pressing the regular attack key should ALWAYS cancel dark sight no matter what abnormal ailments you might have (stun, seal, seduce). You can currently do this by right clicking the buff icon, but that's way too annoying and unintuitive for a technique that your life could depend on

- maybe a stretch, but iframes on 4th assassinate hit would be nice. feels wrong to take damage when you're supposed to be dealing a finishing blow

- taunt should deal 1 damage

- buff the power of Angel Ray, Fire Demon, and Ice Demon. I don't expect mages to have really good single target DPS after buffs, but I think they should at least be stronger than a 180 base int attacker class with shitty 60% scrolled equips

- increase success rate of power knockback

- fix the ACB bug where it cures all status ailments from monsters right before it hits. It repeatedly stuns and un-stuns monsters so it's not as effective at disabling them as its 90% stun rate would suggest

- i know it's a busted skill and there's probably no one who wants to see it buffed in any way, but i still want to ask what the absurd amount of end lag on HS is supposed to achieve

- power guard should do a minimum of 1 damage. this fixes the weirdness that occurs when you get hit for 1 damage, counter for 0 damage, and the enemy aggros you even though no orange numbers ever appeared. also slightly more convenient when using HH on a bunch of small weak things to aggro them (ex. flyeyes)

- remove the knockback on buccaneer's bubble when it touches an enemy, because it can interfere when you're trying to push with corkscrew or backspin

LichWiz, Tidy, SamLil and 3 others like this.
  2. akash

akash Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    zate
    Level:
    Guild:
    none
    I just want to add 1 point on the bishop dispel "should not remove weapon defense up" argument by gunz, joon, and aestel.

If this change is brought out, what is to stop people from making LUK 1-handed hero's and using them as seduce mules over the current shadower? Sure, they don't have meso guard, but they would have guardian (25% shifter), and achilles which functions somewhat like meso guard. Combine that with stance and it would probably be even better than shadower while hanging on a rope.

I think all that removing dispel debuffing defense will do is have people make some new degen mule.

3. Dong

Dong Donator

Country Flag:
    Good points made here.

Regarding the smoothness part, as an example (Octopus+Battleship) macro previously allowed you to ''skip'' the delay of summon octopus and cast cannon right after you get on your battleship but after the change of battleship remount speed it became like what he mentioned here.

I'll just add on some other suggestions here.

Enable casting of Echo on battleship. I see nothing harm here since we can also cast Maple Warrior on ship why not echo as well?

Rework the formula of Battleship HP. For the current formula we have (4,000*Skill level)+ (2,000* [Character level -120]), it is terrible for low level Corsair in bossing runs due to very low HP of battleship especially when they do not have maxed rapid fire at earlier stage of 4th job, their DPS becomes trash if their ship is destroyed. Would love to see a rework on the formula to buff the HP of battleship for just lower level Corsair but remains the same as what we have now in late game. For example (8,000*Skill level) + (1,500*[Character level-120]), at lv150 with maxed battleship the battleship health will be 125,000 instead of 100,000 but at lv200 it remains the same which is 200,000.

Octopus works weird sometimes. An illustration for this is during Horntail Head A , Octopus only attacks Head A when you stand on certain positions of top left platform.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    Novel, Dominican, Solsticio and 7 others like this.
  4. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    To piggyback off of @Zancks here, this is in my opinion the MOST important issue within class balance. Content. The new planned content and LHC are proof of that.
    Little tweaks here or there can greatly affect how bosses work and create more uses for the different classes. We can tweak classes here and there, but adding or changing content always has the biggest impact. I also want to use this opportunity to really push:

I'm a firm believer of the theory behind not changing any of the classes at all and implementing this first, it would solve a lot of balance issues currently royals. Though it might be a large project, it would have the most lasting effects on game balance.

snowday, Patze507 and Myoni like this.
  5. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Adding potion cooldown (personally I'd like normal Von Leon and PB to have this, but I know plenty of people don't want that) would help a LOT with reducing the mule meta. Either that or have (telegraphed/avoidable) attacks that 1hit you, making it so that mules will just die.

This wouldn't solve everything, but by making it hard/impossible to mule classes, people are encouraged to care about playing those classes more, instead of focusing on max dps NL.

6. daikon0160

daikon0160 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nogika
    Level:
    Corsair
    As we all know, corsair is famous not only for its variety of skills, but also for the fact that each skill has its own use (stun, freeze, dmg, kb, aoe, remove aggro, summon, targeting, moving....). But it is a pity that we have to give up mw20 (only mw0) and can only add pirate's rage to 4 (max 5) in order to fill up all the 3rd + 4th job skills, about which there is really some pain.

I hope that one or two of the 3rd job skill points max requirement to reduce 5 ~ 10 points, although still can not fill all the skills, but can already ease the demand for all skills.

Another point is as GunzGaming mentioned octopi + gaviota + battleship have a strange lag after pressing the same time, we were able to use cannon only after the delay.
    Dark knight
    Stronger alternative for the Darks!
    Boost this cool cool polearm to fast speed and more att plz
    Dark knight/ Corsair
    How to make hp washing not a thing any more?
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/peach-pot.182203/
    hp washing will not even be recommended, but really optional. 0:) Say no to hp wash story!
    Not only so, but also
    • All the job do not have to give up the low-level game experience in order to wash the hp. Say no to leech story!
    • Making DK as an attacker jumped to become a popular job, no longer only a hbmule, easier to recruit ppl with DK main but mule. Say no to mule story!
    • Sair's battle ship also has the problem of taking damage, facing HT, ZAK and other bosses that will 1/1, can ease the possibility of the ship blowing up quickly. Say yes for more cute boat!
    • You will not play DK because you just want to prove that you can zerk in the current environment then log off and go play your nl/sair, but as a playable attacker, challenging every boss happily the same as other jobs every day! Say yes to DK!
    You may say that this will make them too op into 15khp heroes, well, imagine si is a must and no fast speed high att weapons for hero :'(

We can try and make restrictions so that DK enjoys dps while, like arrows, mtk, and bullets, need to pay to get, here are some ideas
    • Set the potion to untradeable, only a small number of potions can be obtained at a time.
    • Reference Search for the Elixir of Life, use untradeable etc to obtain
    • Repeat mu lung long quest line to obtain
    • As with cwk weapons, various tradeable, untradeable etc, gacha etc, boss etc are required to craft
    • Collect etc of different bosses to exchange
    • Boss drops
    • Items obtained through each event so that they are not normally available, but can be enjoyed at each event
    • Like the drop rate of heartstopper and spawn rate like voodoo, can be obtained from the monsters
    • Refer to the Alcaster quest line and set the purchase option after completion
    Or we could just multiply DK's skill % by three and I'm sure we'd protect DK at all costs!

Warrior
    Proposal 1 please!!

All Classes
    As with the paly crash turns to a buff and range of changes, HT is no longer a boss that can be easily killed by using cr mule. In view of this, simply reduce all job skill buff range, so that movement also becomes a major problem, making the use of mule difficult to increase and thus reduce the use.~f8

Spart, Jooon, icedem0n and 3 others like this.
  7. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    Don't forget people bring mules sometimes because it takes 10 smegas and 2 hours to find the class they need.

Sylafia likes this.
  8. SamLil

SamLil Member

Country Flag:
    Suggestions to Buff Mage :magician:

--Reason--:

As we know, the original MapleStory doesn't allow multi-clients :( to play this game, so if you played a Mage in Maplestory, it meant that you Main Mage Only :(
    Apparently, there were a few design mistakes made by Nexon that prevented Mages from making any contributions to boss fights, especially the I/L and F/P.
    It's hardly for us to imagine that this design was made on purpose to destroy the user experience for Mage players! They didn't even know it when they selected this job!

After about 1 year of this situation, Nexon decided to launch more new Jobs, instead of making adjustments on old ones.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to mention it again, but anyone who wants to argue against my statement, please keep in mind that, if you played a mage, you had to main mage only, no mules allowed.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Our best server ~f13 - MapleRoyals was built upon this situation unfortunately ~f4
    It is not anyone's fault here, but we all have to keep suffering from Nexon's original mistakes.

--Summary--:
    Accordingly, I sincerely suggest that we should try to give some opportunities, to those who really like playing Mages, to make some contributions on the boss fight :D

snowday, ckelvinq, Novel and 2 others like this.
  9. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    This can easily be countered with the argument that the reason people take so long to recruit is because they want specific class/mules, specific levels/range, and specific party number. I have never experienced any difficulty recruiting a casual HT, Auf, Cwkpq, etc, run in 5 years of playing. The true issue is people standards.

There is no need to make mules, it is a want. These are not the same.

Patze507 and MaiAh like this.
  10. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    In 5 years you've never had issues finding a cr or hs or se for ht/zak? I've ran multiple zak without cr just because the partys been formed for 25 minutes already. Edit: and imo cr is a must for ht, surely if you had 4 nls on ur team u wouldnt go ht without se, there is realistic and trolling. no one will do a 4 hour ht 5 man because they couldnt find se cr etc

MoldySoup likes this.
  11. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

Regarding the balancing based on content philosophy, as other people like @GunzGaming have suggested before, I think Chaos Zakum would be very beneficial for class balance.

Chaos Zakum, if balanced properly, would benefit cleave damage classes (Warrior, Marksman, I/L F/P Archmage, Shadower, Bucc) without having to power creep classes in terms of buffs. If HP is increased to Arms and away from main body, then I could see a different meta develop, where cleave damage classes can shine along side single target DPS classes, which have the majority of the end game content catered toward them.

I think LHC was a great move for balancing cleave damage classes. I think Chaos Zakum would be a great end game addition to multi target DPS classes' end game rotation alongside Scarga, CWKPQ, and LHC.

Talking about Chaos Horntail (like reg HT) as being good content for both cleave and single target dps, or Reverse Equipment from Temple of Time changing the farming meta for I/L F/P Archmage and Hero vs DrK balance could be worthwhile discussion to have as well. However it is too off topic for my comment. Archmages should be viable in Pink Bean based on other private servers experience and MM > BM in Pink Bean, but again, off topic.

t6o2ny1, Tidy and Dominican like this.
  12. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

I don't ask for much since I'm still quite new to the server and only play one class...

Arch Mage:
    1) Give Seal 100% success rate at level 20, it's just a nuisance at 95%.
    2) Slow needs to work on bosses (it did in MSEA and most likely GMS based on the GameFAQs threads about it, so I'm not sure why it doesn't in Royals. Unfortunately it's impossible to find video evidence, but making AMs helpful for pinning moving bosses won't hurt anybody since they'll probably be soloing anyway [​IMG] )
    3) Remove some unnecessary resistances (Why does Chao resist lightning when the boars are weak? He should be at least neutral. And poison is resisted by everything under the sun... FP can do barely anything in Neo Tokyo)
    4) The demons are horrible (everything has already been said by users before me. They are only useful for acting as a pseudo Elemental Reset on non-bosses which is a very niche use.)

MoldySoup and Aqwrd like this.
  13. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I agree zak needs cr. A usual 10min party would take 14-15mins if they swapped their cr for another attacker.

But cr for ht is not necessary. Its actually faster to get another attacker like a NL or shad than a pally.

An efficient way would be to bring in a cr mule just for the two preheads and then sacrifice it at main body so sed mule has extra life per se.

You can just rotate between the body parts at horntail's main body so cr isnt really needed.
    Tested runs for both and found party without cr to be a few minutes faster.

14. Dominican

Dominican Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dominican
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    This is actually a really good idea my guy

15. Unclick

Unclick Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Unclick
    One small buff I would like to see for Hero is to increase Brandish's hitbox (vertically) so it can consistently hit both head A & B at horntail. Alternatively you could increase horntail head A's hitbox as well. I don't have much experience with Dark Knights, but these changes could apply to them as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Tail, Alstero, Aqwrd and 2 others like this.
  16. TidalWave

TidalWave Member

Country Flag:
    I think Marksmen are in a decent spot right now now that they have found their niche in LHC as a multi-target support class. I still think a few buffs to the lag time on some skills will make them more fluid and optimize their DPM without breaking them.

1. Snipe: Reduce endlag so Snipe and Strafe combo will flow more like water. MM is one of the harder classes to maximize DPM b/c they need to pay attention and properly time two keys compared to other classes holding down 1 key and doing tons more DPS. MM don't need to outdamage a BM but this will help their single target be more fluid.

2. Piercing Arrow: Reduce charge-up time by 25%. While MMs are great in LHC Piercing Arrow is still slow compared to warriors' multitarget dps and dependent exponentially on the # of mobs, only truly shining when there are 6 mobs. 4 mob groups tend to be the most common in LHC, so often they don't hit their max potential. This would help them be more fluid multi-attackers in training, LHC, and also in some bosses like HT where they can be discount shads if they really want to (hitting 4 targets with Pierce).

17. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    I'm a bit conflicted on this and not too sure it would change anything, but if we do take this approach, Time Leap and Resurrection should be exempt from this. They're already balanced by their skill cooldown.

18. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    just want to reiterate on this suggestion and my own posts here and elsewhere, ive personally floated this same suggestion a while back, in a list of possibilities for enrage's vehicle to have new meta utility, but ive reconsidered it and let me explain.

1. it is still very much muleable. bucc mules are also leeched to 140, for max si & tl. 140 isnt unheard of. these same mules will also be very beefy with HP and LUK for avoid, will already be used as armor crash/sed mules, and can be eq with a terrible low level weapon like the maple island club or something. getting 10 orbs from summons or doing very little damage will just take a few seconds. its not unrealistic at all.

2. crashing DR, even though ive suggested enrage crash it, and even snipe shattering DR as a suggestion to give MM something (before blind became such a great MM party buff), makes it a non issue. DR just becomes another w. cancel with no threat, and the armor crash sed mules will all transition this way.

i think allowing heros themselves to just bypass DR in enrage is great. making DR crashable will make it a non issue for the party.

enrage ignoring DR, and ignoring all w.def & def buffs, IMO, is healthier for the class, and i would actually prefer that than even the STR buff effect suggestion

the STR over attack suggestion was to find a middle road for the skill that wouldn't make it useless, but even if it buffed STR, which is essentially still potion stacking, will still cause it to be an instant meta skill that heros will try to be in enrage state at all times, instead of when it's necessary, and still muleable, because all the luk/AC/sed mules can easily convert to be DR mules as well

my personal suggestion still gives both heros a niche, and a role, w/o the hardcore players a way to exploit or mule it. and that said, its still very likely that future content will bring DR as a threat. but i think being able to crash it entirely isnt as exciting, its just like magic crash or AC, and if it's possible, the meta will always bend towards exploitability

alternatively, if dr crash is considered, from my original post:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  19. daikon0160

daikon0160 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nogika
    Level:
    To be honest, I don't even like the tiny buff range of crash, if it is to make it more difficult for mule, why not also reduce other jobs' buff range? This makes paly as an attacker really painful, every time you have to move to let the whole team are buffed, the loss of dps and the use of cr mule is not much different. Rather than reduce the use of cr mule, I would say the whole paly + cr mule are nerfed.
    To reduce the use of mule, buffing and reducing the buff time has already achieved the purpose.
    The mule will be the same as se, si, hs, hb and other buffs must stay in the team, if the paly as an attacker, there will be less a need to enter and buff a full 5-6man team. But 2-3ppl team is just making the use of mule easier. What does this have to do with the buff range?
    If the buff range is reduced and the buff duration is decreased to reduce the use of mule, I don't understand why only cr has to suffer this aggravation.

Reduce the buff range of all jobs, or else make the buff range of cr similar to other jobs' buff range.

• Tokens of Teamwork

Geyforlife and Fli like this.
  20. RadiantRay

RadiantRay Well-Known Member

Hero:
    -I would like to make a suggestion for Rage buffing stats. The exact numbers doesn't matter in the example I'm about to provide because they could be tweaked, but Rage could boost STR by 30 and DEX, LUK by 15. This gives all classes a nice little boost to dps while not being too strong, just don't make it buff INT.

Paladin:
    -I might have a slightly unpopular opinion for Crash but I say we should leave the buff range of Crash alone or increase it's range. Since Paladin is mainly a single target attacker, they often times attack with the other single target attackers. A lot of the times I miss out on getting the Crash buff or the Paladin has to go out of their way to buff because the range is terrible, especially on HT Head C. I feel like decreasing it's range just makes life harder for active Paladin players too.