Game Challenge: Ironman Mode (Solo, DIY - No Trading)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PaddysPub, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Royalty

Royalty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Royalty
    Level:
    12x
    We still exist...somewhere I think.

Bella and Dylanducki like this.
  2. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    After talking with Samadhi I've decided to go through plenty's guide and sort all the skill books by where they're from. If someone wants to take my ugly lists and make them look pretty afterwards go for it i don't know how to do any fancy things (except bold and font color :p)
    http://royals.ms/forum/threads/4th-job-skill-mastery-book-guide.16552/ Here's a link to Plentys guide sorted by Job for those interested

Zakum:
    Mage: Infinity 30, Genesis 20, Blizzard 20, Meteor Shower 20
    Pirate: Time Leap 20, Air Strike 20
    Warrior: Power Stance 30, Advanced Combo Attack 10, Enrage 20, Berserk 20, Heavens Hammer 20
    Archer: Bow Expert 30, Concentrate 20, Marksmen Boost 30, Snipe 20
    Thief: Venomous Stab/Star 30, Smokescreen 20, Triple Throw 10, Triple Throw 20

Horntail:
    Common: Maple Warrior 20
    Mage: Genesis 30, Blizzard 30, Meteor Shower 30
    Pirate: Time Leap 30, Air Strike 30
    Warrior: Enrage 30, Berserk 30, Heavens Hammer 30
    Archer: Concentrate 30, Snipe 30
    Thief: Smokescreen 30, Triple Throw 30

Papulatus:
    Mage: Infinity 20, Angel Ray 30, Ice Demon 30, Fire Demon 30
    Pirate: Barrage 30, Snatch 20, Battlship Torpedo 30, Hypnotize 20
    Warrior: Power Stance 20, Brandish 30, Blast 30, Holy Charge 20
    Archer: Bow Expert 20, Hurricane 30, Marksmen Boost 20, Piercing Arrow 30
    Thief: Venomous Stab/Star 20, Boomerang Step 30, Shadow Claw 30

Krexel:
    Mage: Mana Reflection 30, Holy Shield 30, Ice Demon 30
    Pirate: -
    Warrior: Monster Magnet 20, Monster Magnet 30, Brandish 30
    Archer: -
    Thief: Ninja Ambush 20, Ninja Ambush 30, Boomerang Step 30

Guild Party Quest:
    Mage: Chain Lightning 30, Ifrit 30, Elquines 30, Paralyze 30
    Pirate: -
    Warrior: -
    Archer: Hurricane 20
    Thief: Ninja Ambush 30, Taunt 30, Assassinate 30, Ninja Storm 30

BOLD MASTERY BOOKS ARE UNIQUE TO THAT PLACE

To be continued
    ~~coming soon, Painus~~

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Anduin, Arian, Bella and 2 others like this.
  3. baka

baka Well-Known Member

nice initiative Dylanducki, its good to have an overview of all books. :D

Dylanducki likes this.
  4. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I know you buddied me but i thought maybe this will get there first, what happened man? :o

5. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Great job Dylan! :love:
    Personally I would add a special section for Books from Quests that have specific / unavoidable party requirements (also everything related to El-Nath PQ deserves a special mention). I think it would be very helpful, since it is especially relevant to us. Keep up the good work!

Joong likes this.
  6. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Im aware, the quests like that and the lvl10 skill books are difficult because they aren't directly put on plentys guide and I'm no expert, if you can let me know what comes from where as far as the level 10 books that'd be great because I only put the 2 I know about aca10 and TT10

Samadhi likes this.
  7. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Sadly I'm no expert as well (kinda noob about everything related to books, and doing research as well). T_T Now it's a bit late for me already, but I can help you tomorrow! And if other people want to come and help, that would be much appreciated. 0:)

Joong and Dylanducki like this.
  8. SleepingRose

SleepingRose Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SleepyPetals
    Guild:
    IRONMAN
    I added this guy a couple days ago. Did he leave or what? I've been sick and server hates me lately so I'm pretty out of the loop right now.

9. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Yeah he buddied me sometime since last night and left the guild, maybe he quit the ironman way but wanted to stay in touch, or made a new character? Not sure atm :o

10. Bella

Bella Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bella
    Level 10 Skill Books

Quests (Non Story Book)
    Heroes Will / Awakening (whatever it's called!) - Talk to Chief Tatamo (starts quest)

Mage
    Genesis - Talk to Shammos
    Blizzard - Talk to Robeira (third job instructor)
    Meteor Shower - Talk to Robeira (third job instructor)
    Bahamut - Talk to Raul the Knight in Leafre Ice Mountain
    Ifrit - Talk to Alcaster (must have Ice Demon skill already)
    Elquines - Talk to Alcaster (must have Fire Demon skill already)

Pirate
    Super Transofrmation - Talk to Kyrin (first job instructor)
    Demolition - Talk to Kyrin
    Snatch - Talk to Kyrin
    Time Leap - Talk to Rolonay (Nautilus: Mid Floor - Hallway)
    Battleship - Talk to Kyrin
    Battleship Cannon - Talk to Kyrin
    Battleship Torpedo - Talk to Kyrin
    Hypnotize - Talk to Shulynch (Nautilus: Training Room)
    Air Strike - Talk to Bart (Nautilus Harbor)

Warrior
    Guardian - Talk to Harmonia (fourth job instructor)
    Enrage - Talk to Wiz the Librarian
    Berserk - Talk to Wiz the Librarian
    Hex of the Beholder - Talk to Harmonia
    Aura of the Beholder - Talk to Flo (Ludibrium)
    Divine Charge - Talk to Harmonia
    Holy Charge - Talk to Harmonia
    Heaven's Hammer - Talk to Wiz the Librarian

Archer
    Phoenix - Talk to Kumo (Leafre)
    Hurricane - Talk to Legor (fourth job instructor)
    Frostprey - Talk to Yaku (Leafre)
    Piercing Arrow - Talk to Legor

Thief
    Ninja Ambush - Talk to Hellin (fourth job instructor)
    Assassinate - Talk to Arec (third job instructor)

Zakum Drop
    Mage
    Angel Ray

Warrior
    Advanced Charge
    Advanced Combo Attack

Thief
    Triple Throw

El Nath PQ Drop (Crimson Balrog the Kidnapper)

Archer
    Dragon's Breath

Mage
    Infinity

Thief
    Taunt

Story Book / Item Initiate Quests (Hunt for the story book to begin the quest)

Mage
    Ice Demon - Frozen Ice Storybook from Blue Kentaurus
    Fire Demon - Burning Fire Storybook from Red Kentaurus
    Resurrection - Black Book from Grim Phantom Watches or Coolie Zombies

Thief
    Smokescreen - Formula for Black Cloud from Lucidas
    Ninja Ambush - Unknown Letter from Ghost (or Dual Ghost) Pirates then talk to Unknown Thief (Hidden Balcony)

Warrior
    Rush - Indecipherable Book from Taurospears
    Stance - Crimson Balrog's Proposal from Crimson Balrog

Archer
    Concentrate - Ancient Book from Sharks
    Snipe - Ancient Book from Sharks

StrickBan, Anduin, Moo and 4 others like this.
  11. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Thank you so much haha, and I was just looking through all the old posts and noticed how late into it i actually joined o.o and man those were the days, so many active and vaca mixed together was beautiful

12. baka

baka Well-Known Member

i think the job4 skills book that are "impossible" to obtain without doing party should be an "option", so we have the "pure" ironman that will never in any circumstances join a party, not even for a skill book, then we have the ironman that chooses that option so he/she can get the book.
    its similar when we decide what "build" we want to make for our class.

builds:
    - allow Party/Disallow Party (for skillsbook)
    - NX enabled/disabled (if disabled you should not be able to buy anything, gacha, pets, cosmetics, etc)
    - Dex/Luk-less or Normal builds (a normal build will put needed stats to be able to wear class armor and weapons)
    - Ban Scrolls/Allow Scrolls (another variation, where you will use what you get, scrolling is forbidden)

if i start an ironman, i want it to be as "pure" possible.
    no party at all (even if i know i will never get some skills book), that means i need to plan well, choose the right class so i know i can play it.
    then i dont like NX to be used at all. i want my ironman to be pure, no cosmetic to hide what he have on him or use lots of NX to get items from gacha.
    then im thinking of builds that is about dex/luk-less. yes, my characters are that. so its nothing wrong with that, but when i do the ironman it will be following the normal build, to have enough stats to wear all weapons and armors that class have.
    then we have Scrolls. im thinking here that, well, why not use it? but that means i will focus on that quite a bit instead of hunting it (forever) until i get a godly drop. of course we have pets. to play without means i need to click a button to fill up my HP/MP. more work. but ironman should not be easy.

13. HarleysLove

HarleysLove Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    7DeadlySins
    Level:
    Guild:
    Guildless :C
    I made a new character I am still iron manning on Deadly But my friend made a guild that he wanted me to join so yeah

SleepingRose likes this.
  14. SleepingRose

IGN:
    SleepyPetals
    Guild:
    IRONMAN
    Oh, that's cool then. Be sure to post here still and keep us updated on your progress!

15. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Thank you @Bella! :love:

Okay, as I promised here is my contribution:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13563900/royals/[WIP]4thJPartyReq.html

The guide is still heavily work-in-progress, and I am still looking for a confirmation for certain skills.
    Please, let me know if the format can be useful for the Ironman Challenge. If you like it, I will keep working on it!

EDIT: I re-read my post and realized that maybe I should add a couple of lines about that link.
    The purpose of that guide is to give an overview of which non-core Skills cannot be unlocked in solo, due to quest requirements, or because the drop location is not technically accessible by a single player.
    Since the Ironman Challenge is primarily a solo mode, I think this is a very important detail to be aware of, and I wanted to “build” something specific around it.

The informations, once verified, can be freely integrated in any other guide \ location list.
    However, if you think my piece of writing could be useful as a “standalone”, I can expand it with more relevant info (i.e. regarding Mastery Books from GPQ). Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Joong and ZombieEater like this.
  16. HarleysLove

HarleysLove Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    7DeadlySins
    Level:
    Guild:
    You know it. I changed my mind again if you would allow me back in the guild on DeadlySins i love playing a SinDit so I think itll be my character forever from here on out. its now level 41! and i found some ilbi while fighting mushmom so there is that.

17. HarleysLove

HarleysLove Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    7DeadlySins
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ah where to begin my friends, I have started this Journey with nothing more than a sword in my hand, a pair of red rubber boots, blue shorts and a white t-shirt. My hair was a shaggy mess, Sweat poured down my face as the swarms of snails came at me, coming in many various colours; red, blue... can't forget about the green. So many damn green ones... so weak and yet... so many. They wanted to feed on my soul, but instead they tasted my blade. Left and right they fell one after another. Too scared to do anything they just ran in fear. But the damn stumps wouldn't go down like that... They would charge at me with their hard heads and harder skin. But eventually the training was too much for any creature on that Island, I became too strong and was politely asked to leave, they even paid of my ride, how kind of them. Almost felt like they exiled me for life, damn bastards never allowing me to come back... to where it all began. Alas I made it to the main land with nothing more than a dream to be the worlds greatest thief, but would I choose the wield kunai or continue with a smaller blade for quicker strikes; that decision came later, for now I had but one path to go. I decided to grab a quick drink in the shady town of kerning, the towns folk were nice for the most run down of all the Victoria Cities, other than Nautalius if you can even count that as a city, just one damn submarine... Lousy pirates... Always stealing from us hard working thieves... Anywho I am getting side tracked. After a few too many drinks I stumbled into the bathroom which had a hole in the floor which I fell down, I must say it was embarrassing to say I pee'd myself a little bit, but It was okay because I was alone... or was I. A man came up to me walking on the ceiling, asking me what I desired, I instantly yelled, or perhaps slurred, "Money, Power, and Infamy." He said he could give me all 3 for a price... Becoming his subordinate, I must have said yes because I awoke to a dagger in one hand and a claw in the other and about 20,000 mesos in my pocket. I had never seen so much... I wanted more and he was the way to get it. He told me to fight more of the stumps, what once slain me several times on the island I destroyed one by one, until I killed around 200. Fearing me so much they stopped spawning. I asked my teacher what I had to do, he told me to venture off into the world, gain fame by helping people but infamy by destroying the land around me, taking no prisoners. I left kerning and continued on my journey, I found a desert quite far from the land but it was okay, I found a skunk hiding under a palm tree frightened by the damn cacti. It smelled horrid, but I picked him up and took him to be healed. I didn't have that much but I got enough food for him and after that moment he would not leave my side, picking up items and mesos I needed for my travels, sometimes he picked up things I didn't need, We need to work on that truth be told. He keeps stealing people's clothes and weapons that I don't need so I just drop them, I see no need to sell any of those things when I can sell the random items all creatures drop. Some creatures seem to be thieves too though taking mesos from fallen travelers. I won't stand for it, I might be a thief and a murderer... But I don't stand for such blatant disrespect. After grinding and grinding I did it, My master called me in and asked for me to decide whether to wield the claw or dagger, I told him I desired a fast but close range battle with my foes. I want to watch them suffer as I slit their throats... So it was decided I would be a bandit for life, he had a task for me though, collect some marbles so stupid... Truth be told I think he just wanted a gift for his *wink wink* lil girl friend, but that lazy sh*t is always in the bar drinking. One day I think I need to knock him down a few pegs, I mean I can already kill a mushmom, SUUUURE it took over an hour and about 2M worth of pots... But I did it all on my own... I keep getting stronger, perhaps I will. But for now... I'll stick to Lego-land, the teddies there drop some pretty nice stuffings and bows that I can give to all the pretty girls along my journey.

To sum This all up though:
    No NPCing items other than ETC items, all Equips are to be dropped no matter what (unless I plan to use them myself)
    When I hit 50 and gacha, all non class items are to be dropped too
    The only way I will get fame is through quests and trading fame, no purchasing fame for any reason
    Smega's are going to be used just for friendships and community based things
    If i am ever in the FM it is to have friendly conversation with people
    Well that is where I am at for the moment Much more to come later! <3

18. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    So i finally hit lvl50 and did my 105 ticket gach run! 102 in kerning 3 in CBD
    Foxz Gach 1.png
    and sadly I've got to say this flag was the best equip I got out of it followed by the 3 below average raven's claw :'( On the bright side those 2 equips are cool and i got a bunch of scrolls, passed a 10% on a bathrobe then proceded to fail 2/4 60s so i made a 9 dex 5 slot overall which will eventually beat my 10 dex overall i made with 100%s

Arian, Samadhi and SleepingRose like this.
  19. SleepingRose

IGN:
    SleepyPetals
    Guild:
    IRONMAN
    Damn bro, you had a ton of NX. Full CS outfit and 100+ gach run.

20. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I started this the day after christmas i believe or the tuesday after christmas cant remember, almost 20 days i think

Royalty likes this.