Class/Skill General Warrior Feedback (and "useless" skills)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Cooler, May 26, 2020.

1. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Threaten (reworked)
    - Has 20 second cooldown
    - Does 0 damage in a large area to mobs (up to 15 mobs) and causes them to gain Attack UP and Speed UP.

2. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    interesting, but makes monster magnet even more useless since threaten would be superior in almost all situations even with the cooldown (which reminds me, I forgot to talk about monster magnet)

3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Two hot new ideas added to the OP:
    and for shout:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  4. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Great conceptual input from @smilinsphere for 4th job~

5. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I've posted a handful of little ideas and effects to promote panic/coma use and make them more viable. Bypassing through cancel at a decent chance, 60%, would be a good start. Since cancel will be active, you won't be losing dps by retrying them since you'll be doing 1s anyway rebuilding aca.

Giving panic it's short blind/acc debuff would be an amazing perk, one that it used to have.
    Coma on bosses, I'm not as sure how to improve, maybe coma could be the cancel bypasser, panic the short blinder. Mp eater effects, very short duration, %chance debuffs/procs like: lowered accuracy, lowered weapon att, short seal effect from coma, ignore w.def window, etc etc. Small flavored attacks that are helpful but not necessary to use would promote their 4th job use

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  6. Hobbito

Hobbito Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Devdan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Galaxy RIP
    For Paladins, I would like to see Threaten become passive and either grant ignore defense to the Paladin, or it has a chance (up to 100% at max level) to lower the enemy's def/mdef by 30 on hit. The first way would make Paladins even stronger at 1v1, whereas the second way would help them find parties more easily (although it probably won't make a big DPS difference at just -30 armor).

Diphenhydramine and Wonderstruck like this.
  7. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    It being passive is an interesting concept, but it would require you to attack all mobs first, which pages (until you get HH I guess) have the smallest range for sure, and threaten's range is pretty great.
    One great use of threaten in 2nd job is in ludi pq in the dark room where you can track the shadow dudes with your threaten swirly effect over their heads, you'd lose that unless you got lucky and smacked one!
    But another reason the passive threaten in this particular proposal might not pan out is that you would still cap, but cap slightly sooner.
    I'm thinking the future of threaten might have to have slightly buffed utility, if it ever ascends from it's 2nd job iteration that is, because it will simply aid you in capping sooner, especially if it works on bosses.
    But passive threaten effects, if the effects were slightly different, then that could be interesting

[edit: added this section to the main post:

total crash
    total crash, a custom royals skill replacing magic crash, now is a temporary party buff, working 75% of the time to breakthrough weapon cancel. love it, but maybe change the name lol?
    • Magic Crash (the original name)
    • Barrier Crash/Breaker/Buster/Fang
    • Shield Buster
    • Stratagem
    • Smite
    • Wallbreaker
    • Vital Crash
    • Critical Crash
    • Earthfang
    • Goliath Tactics
    • Captain's Orders (derivative of absolutely nothing lol)]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  8. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    thread got a makeover and edits and more!

how would you improve threaten?
    how would you make panic/coma viable in 4th?
    how should enrage be buffed?
    should drks have a small status resistance?
    how would you improve 2HBW/PA while preserving their heavier/stronger mechanic (but avoid the damage cap)?

Kenny likes this.
  9. RadiantRay

RadiantRay Well-Known Member

I would like to add my opinion for Hero since it's my favorite class.

-Just make Rage stack somehow, that is all. I would assume that making it increase strength would not be possible since giving it a stat boost most would most likely not allow it to stack with Maple Warrior. This would stay consistent with how most buffs in this game work. If you want Rage to be more viable just make increase the weapon attack gain a little bit and leave the effects as is.

-Remove the diminishing returns effect of Final attack and it's all good.

-Panic/Coma are great skills for 3rd job, they just don't scale very well when you get your new 4th job skills. Brandish just simply hits harder than Panic and Coma, more so Coma. Panic has a huge damage range, I hit anywhere from 80k to 199k with it, clearly not viable at 4th job when we have a much faster and more stable attack. I feel like nothing needs to be done with these two skills and there's nothing wrong with that, they are 3rd job skills after all. It's like trying to force BMs to use Strafe more often or Lucky Seven (the skill that throws 2 stars instead of 3) for NLs. If anything is to be done with Panic/Coma it should be increasing their range slightly, especially Coma.

-Make Advanced Combo immune to dispel is the only thing I would change for this skill if anything has to be done with it.

-Nothing super special should happen to Enrage either. Only find a way to make it stack with attack potions similar to Rage, and if that's not possible then just buff the weapon attack a little bit and leave the effects as is.

-Achilles is just over powered! I recommend not buffing it but I'm not going to say no to buffing a skill like this either, as long as it isn't nerfed!

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  10. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Acchiles was always in the dark knight section because I felt the five percent bump was appropriate for them, which it was actually implemented, so it's a nice little thing for posterity

11. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    It was said that Panic/Coma is hard-coded and can't have their range increased.

I made a suggestion before to make Panic/Coma no longer consume orbs but have a cooldown instead. If that doesn't work, it'd be nice to have Soul Blade replace coma

Cooler likes this.
  12. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I love the cooldown suggestion. I think it should require your max amount of orbs though (whatever that currently may be), and have a decently paced CD. someone would have to crunch the numbers, but I think at least 20 seconds?

13. RadiantRay

RadiantRay Well-Known Member

Cool down on Panic/Coma sounds good for 4th job but not so ideal at 3rd when you're spamming these skills for primary damage. If it's possible to change how a skill functions at 4th job then go for it, otherwise these are great 3rd job skills but they simply get outclassed by Brandish at 4th.

14. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    Five year Hero main guys just make NL or Bucc your life will be better.

15. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    I don't agree with the comparison of Panic and Coma to other skills like Strafe and Lucky Seven. P&C were always supplementary attacks used in conjunction with your main attacks, whereas lucky seven and strafe are main attacks that also get direct replacements later (well not for marksman exactly). I think you can make the argument that main idea behind ACA's max orb upgrade was intended to make Coma and Panic stronger for 4th job, but due to Nexon's design choice to make all skills get a bonus from the # of orbs, it ends up not being as good as just spamming brandish, since you lose the bonus damage when using up all the orbs. The only reason this wasn't an issue for 3rd job was that the main skill you use, slash blast and power strike, are so weak. I do agree with you that I don't think P&C need to be changed necessarily (maybe an adjustment on their base % damage idk), but what does need to be changed is how Combo Attack works.

I've made the suggestion before on other threads, but I'll repeat it here:
    • Changed Advanced Combo Attack (the 4th job skill) so that the bonus damage from having max orbs that gets applied to ALL SKILLS is always applied regardless of the number of orbs you have. The damage that's dealt by P&C is still dependent of the number of orbs though. This would allow you to freely use Panic and Coma in conjunction with brandish without having to worry about building back your orbs again to do optimal damage with brandish, and additionally it makes it so Heroes aren't punished as much when they get dispelled, cuz all you'd need to do is recast Combo Attack again to do optimal damage and not necessarily worry about needing to build up orbs to get to that point again.

I also disagree on having Panic/Coma have a CD and not use orbs cuz I feel it kinda defeats one of the main purposes of the orbs in the first place. Pretty much I feel that combo orb mechanic got really borked by Nexon during 4th job and could stand to be fixed in order for Heroes to be a more unique and fun class.

DeCero likes this.
  16. StarSaber

StarSaber Donator

IGN:
    SaberStrike
    Truthfully, it feels like editing Panic and Coma it's like we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

"What do we have left to edit in hopes it makes Heroes better?!"
    "I um... uh.... Panic and Coma!"

The whole point of 4th job Hero seems to be to keep orbs up at all times, going to using them really hinders more than anything. If you get dispelled you know how that feels, regardless of how fast it is to get them up again.

17. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    What's all this, do we have discourse?!

Ok by this do you mean hero is a fruitless class?

Well that's why I think enrage could get some funky buffs to help, since it's basically useless cause the apple meta. So many possibilities with enrage. But then again, panic and coma not changing at all but getting effects like panic getting darkness, coma getting cancel bypass would still be plenty helpful. Or enrage giving a % chance to not consume orbs

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  18. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Admittedly the p/c coma CD concept isn't my first choice, but it has potential

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  19. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    It's definitely possible. Lots of higher job skills affect/amend lower job skills

edit: section on power/armor crash has been updated

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  20. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

Aka library update^ ~f15

Feels so complex, why not bump the stab multiplier from 3.4 to maybe 3.6. Or the slash stab ratio from 6:4 to 7:.3. Your suggestions have good intention but from a coding perspective will take so much effort. Speed from 7 to 6 is also fine, but I guess we should leave the details to the developers.

Cooler likes this.