Give archers more HP

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Ayane, Mar 2, 2020.

?

Should archers get more HP

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Thank you for your reply

If you wish to suggest about damage buff as well, please do update the thread title + main post to reflect it as well

2. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I do think they should naturally gain more hp on lvl up. 4 more hp per lvl would give them all an extra 500 by 135, (10-135, 125 lvls), and an extra 760 total at 200.

I think though that their dex/avoid formula should be slightly improved to increase their natural avoid, so that when they finally have mw10/20 it's a decent buff.

Focus, the first job skill, could also be buffed per *job adv*, so if maxed in 1st, you get a 15-20 boost to it's avoid buff in 2nd, and so on, so that in 4th it's something like 65-80, if it has been maxed.

Also think that MMs blind should work on bosses, but maybe only 1v1 and not the party. It would have the same stats at max as warriors guardian in essence, and they have about 10x our natural hp (max blind: -15,% accuracy. max guardian: ignore/block 15%bof all attacks).
    It could also have lowered stats vs bosses (-10% accuracy), and unlike guardian the way blind currently works, it needs to be cast as a self buff with a duration and you have to continually attack a mob to get a chance to blind it, and it has a v. short duration when it is. Also, blind is a low/no priority skill and likely can't be maxed until 165.

This isn't about HP but obviously helps in survivability.

Puppet should also get some kind of hp boost and avoid boost passively in 4th job, but then has to have a cooldown, maybe bow expert/mmship, and maybe that's where the focus buff is packed as well. Some skills do have the function to improve others, like outlaws triple shot using the double shot key and just being a passive buff

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Toothbrush5 likes this.
  3. KittehIshMad

KittehIshMad Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kitteh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Bumping this because as an Archer main, this bout to save lives of my fellow comrades.

willian125677 and Zancks like this.
  4. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    I did exactly this with my bowman. I played every content and did mp washing in highest lvls like 170-194. Im still reducing my INT right now on my BM at lvl 194 which of course stalled my gameplay by quite a lot. But I did it all, PQs, grinding all the way, no cheating. It is possible. You just have to do it and don't give a foot about meta.

Increasing HP on archers will be a detrimental buff in my opinion. Rather implement a tank system where it is more likely that melee characters are hit by boss attacks than ranged characters by some sort so the melee is effectively going to tank (not just in BGA) the bosses attacks. This would also revive all melee warriors and on top of that give shield defense a justification and revival and diversification.

5. DeathByHentai

DeathByHentai Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrewIsland
    Level:
    I would like to see their natural HP growth bumped up a little bit, like 4-6 more HP per level. It would also be nice if they gained the same amount of HP per wash as thieves.