HT for Bishops

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Shiyui, Apr 1, 2016.

1. jZichard

jZichard Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    jZichard
    Level:
    ^.^ I endorse Akira as best bishop.
    Put a second MG on a macro named ~bosshp with the name shouted when you cast it.
    I still laugh at how you never knew. :p

Kressie likes this.
  2. Gianfrar

Gianfrar Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gianfrar
    Level:
    Guild:
    Akatsukii
    Just wanted to save this post for the future! Ty very much Akira.

Shiyui likes this.
  3. Gianfrar

Gianfrar Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gianfrar
    Level:
    Guild:
    Akatsukii
    Akira I hope u don't ming answering more questions.
    Why do we have to tank at least 1hit from dark wyverns with no magic guard? I mean u could just recast dispell asap or this mobs attack at the same time they're dispelling?
    I think i know the answer since the only time i went ht this wyverns killed me.. and i was going to ress the main bishop so rip.

And about sed mule, are they considered an attacker? and while sed mule is alive no one else will be sed at least they die or ht mass seduce everyone right?

4. Stan

Stan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SgtYellow
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Nipple
    Exactly this.
    Sed mules are generally brought along by one of the attackers or is indeed one of the attackers themself. Only they will be sed apart from when either arm mass seduces (>30%).

Gianfrar likes this.
  5. Gianfrar

Gianfrar Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gianfrar
    Level:
    Guild:
    Akatsukii
    Thank you very much :D

6. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
  7. Stan

Stan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SgtYellow
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Nipple
    Shiyui is nub

Shiyui likes this.
  8. Kerrigan

Kerrigan Donator

IGN:
    Adjutant
    Hey Akira, your guide has been really helpful to bishop just starting horntail, I've managed to survive like 2-3 runs now. I just have one question about mass dispel timers if you don't mind answering

So yesterday I was on a HT run and we got head B to 60% and it dispelled as expected. I set the timer for 5 minutes but we managed to drop head B to 30% before 5 minutes was up and that really screwed up the dispel timer. How does the dispel timer work in this case? Does it just instantly dispel at 30% because over 4 minutes had passed since the last mass dispel (and the new timer is 3 minutes per dispel), or does it like "reset" the timer to 3 minutes? Similarly, will it do the same at 9%, even though the timer is still 3 minutes per dispel?

Shiyui likes this.
  9. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Hello hello! I'm glad my thoughtdump was helpful. XD

If Head B's HP drops to 29% or lower before the 5 minute countdown started after the 59-30 dispel hit is up, you no longer need to worry about the 5 minute repeat dispels. :D

When Head B's HP enters a new window, you only need to watch for that window's dispel to hit. So once you see Head B fall to 29%, watch for dispel and when it hits, you start your timer for 3 minutes! ^o^

Also! The repeat dispel will not occur EXACTLY after 5 minutes (for 59-30) or 3 minutes (for 29-10) are up. The repeat dispel will occur as soon as those 5 minutes or 3 minutes is up and as late as 6 minutes or 4 minutes have elapsed. So there's one minute more after the timer is up to watch for the repeat dispel. And of course, if the HP drops to the new window, you no longer need to worry about the previous window(s)' timers.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I can clarify anything else! :D

Happy HTing! <3

Kerrigan and Matty like this.
  10. Kerrigan

Kerrigan Donator

IGN:
    Adjutant
    Okay so from my understanding, if I drop head B to 29%, it should dispel right away (or soon), and I just set the timer to 3 minutes after the dispel, disregarding the previous 5 minute timer entirely, correct? Does the same thing happen at 9% (it dispels immediately) even though the interval is still 3 minutes per dispel, and should I restart the timer for 3 minutes after the head drops to 9%? (although the head should be dead within 3 minutes anyway)

EDIT: If we spend more than 5 minutes getting the head from 59-30 (so let's say I get dispelled after 5 minutes while the head is at 41%), then we drop the head to 39%, I should expect 2 mass dispels in an extremely short period of time as well, right?

Thank you for the fast/detailed reply btw, you're insanely helpful :)

11. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Once Head B drops to 29%, dispel will hit as early as exactly at 29% or as late as 10%. And anytime in between, of course! Once that dispel hits, you set a timer for 3 minutes and yes, disregard the previous 5 minute timer entirely. Once you hear that your 3 minute timer is up and Head B HP is still 29-10, pay attention for the next 60 seconds. The repeat dispel will hit within those 60 seconds after you hear your 3 minute timer go off as long as the HP doesn't drop to the 9-0 window.

Once Head B is at 9% HP, the 9-0 dispel will hit as early as 9% HP or as late as 0% HP and at anytime in between. Once Head B HP is in the 9-0 window, disregard your 29-10 timer entirely. The 3 minute dispel timer for 9-0 is completely separate from the 3 minute dispel timer for 29-10. You will reset your 3 minute timer once you see the dispel for the 9-0 window hit. ^o^

And don't worry about having to keep such attention to these dispels forever! As you get experienced at HT as a bishop, you'll start to see when dispels hits without keeping meticulous tabs on Head B HP percentages and timers. I daresay that LH random dispels are more difficult to handle since it's a silent event. Have you noticed that when Head B dispels, it's a specific animation and sound? I always HT with sounds and background music on. The way I work with Head B dispels is that I check ~bosshp and when it gets to 60%, I listen for the dispel spell being cast. When I hear that specific sound, I keep an eye on my buffs and MG as soon as I see dispel hit. (Then Invincible, MW 20, but no Bless because I'm lazy and it doesn't do much. XD)

P.S. When Head B dispel has not hit yet and you know it's coming, don't do something stupid like walk towards Head B and touch LH because sed mule is sed right. Not too long ago, I saw sed mule was sed right, decided to walk right from the top platform because I was too lazy to jump down, and Head B dispelled and LH touch damage killed me since no MG. :D

@Lomo F4ed over expwaste since no HS for Head B or RH. Would have been funny if he died to sed. :p

Kerrigan likes this.
  12. Kerrigan

Kerrigan Donator

IGN:
    Adjutant
    Alright I got it, thanks again for all your help.

Shiyui likes this.
  13. sirgirre

sirgirre Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yuuss
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rouge
    This is why i always ask u things Akira! <3 such an amazing guide! U rock girl!!!

Shiyui likes this.
  14. AdamBrone

AdamBrone Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Vaseline
    Level:
    1#
    How about some private Bishop lessons?

Shiyui likes this.
  15. Dakker

Dakker Donator

Guild:
    Acme
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AdamBrone and Shiyui like this.
  16. Moko

Moko Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Wacko
    Level:
    Guild:
    LoveHandles
    I found this guide extremely helpful. Thanks akira wow!!!

Although I don't have a bishop and can't ht oops

Shiyui likes this.