General QoL Awaiting Developer Input Let resolution setting bind to file(again) but not registry

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fli, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Fli

Fli Donator

Currently Royals game resolution setting is bound to system registry, last edited setting well affect the next opening client.
    A classic case is if my main attacker using 1024x768 and I want to use 800x600 on mules in the meantime, it will be very time consuming because I have to login first before I can change that.
    I usually want bigger on main for several purposes and smaller on mules because my monitor space is limited, I guess this is not just me?
    Before we have resolution setting in game we used to edit ini file in folder, and I think that was more ideal way than now we have:admincry:

tazan likes this.
  2. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
  3. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    +1
    i use large client on main+ small for anything else

4. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    I do use large client on main + small client on my other chars too, but I disagree that it’s very time consuming to set it up.

I open my main attacker client first. Then open client 2, change that client to 800x600 resolution and the following clients I’ll open will already have the 800x600.

Overall I think being able to change your resolution without the resolution.ini file and reclienting is a great feature.

CreamGoddess likes this.
  5. Fli

Fli Donator

Time consuming comes from I have to setup again everytime, I used to have 2 game folders copy, so on main I launch the one in Royals1 folder then on mules I launch another one in Royals2 folder, I don't need to set or care do this first or later I can just play my game, isn't this just way better than setup everytime?
    Changing resolution without reclienting is great, but to implent this only need to let in game setting read/write resolution from game related file instead of registry, then we can still have change-in-game feature. I guess create a file which you don't have to modify manually is considered acceptable right?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  6. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    That’s what I had too but still I don’t see much of an issue now. Since everyone is different and what doesn’t bother me might bother you and vice versa I’ve asked our devs what could be done. Not sure when they get to it tho.

7. PinaColadaPirate

PinaColadaPirate Donator

IGN:
    VolleyFire
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Not quite the same reason as op but changing the resolution from setting often causes my client crashing, no error message.
    It happened so frequently to the point that it feels more annoying to use the new feature than the old launching method. I'd suggest reverting to the old method until the new one becomes more well-polished.

dirtmouth likes this.