Levels 1-120 Balance.

Discussion in 'Closed' started by GunzGaming, Jan 4, 2021.

1. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    no, I'm not. I just expect it sooner than later. we both know there are obstacles, and in a perfect world, things would happen faster. but it is what it is.

Couldn't agree with you more. I know Private servers come to this issue regularly, and I have seen it handled poorly and spectacularly on those.

I applaud the changes that have been done and solicit the culture change at every opportunity I can. The "culture change" being the ACTUAL nostalgic playstyle of Maplestory. You know I love the server and always praise it, but it still has its faults. I'm not discrediting the work that's been done, I'm still just disappointed by its pace. Which I feel is fair? if you disagree I get it, you're on the other side of it. I'm just a long-time player and not an actual GM. We just bitch and moan and hope the changes we want to come, arrive eventually.

But the washing/leech is very much still plaguing the new player retention. Since September of last year, I have been monitoring player retention in Cuddles. And Cuddles is a VERY noob-friendly guild so our retention numbers can be assumed that they're slightly higher than average. Juniors have noted that of ~4-5 new, freshly downloaded players a week join Cuddles. And we have accounted for only 1/5 of players added stay longer than the first 2 months. I cant always ask why the 4/5ths of new players leave, but when they announce why they leave, it's usually for reasons such as leech/wash meta, bossing is boring to them, or just dislike the game because it's not what they expected. I can still love this game and the changes yall have done, but I still regularly see new/old players shitting on how the game changed from nostalgic maple to what it is now. So there is still more that can be done to preserve that. I wish I could help with more than just forum posts, but we both know that's not a possibility. But again, i have full faith that the direction yall are taking us is pretty awesome. i hope.

Javier, LimeOnyx, Aqwrd and 1 other person like this.