Ludibrium Maze Party Quest

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Succubus, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: The EXP stated on each monster's description does not take the server's EXP Rate into consideration.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    nut, OnlyFrans, LichWiz and 16 others like this.
  2. PuddingPrince

PuddingPrince Member

IGN:
    Gradivus
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cookies
    A few notes from personal experience that may be helpful.

1. Gunslingers are surprisingly effective at clearing out rooms 5/8 as they have the ability to shoot mid-air, to mob, and to create distance between themselves and the mob. Thought it might be helpful if people knew a good class at clearing this room as it is often one of the more difficult ones after 6/7. I believe I/L mages may be good there too, but I have no first hand experience. If you have 3rd job characters in your party, then Dragon Knights that learned Dragon Fury first will clear that room extremely fast.
    2. ACCURACY. Warriors and Brawlers tend to miss a lot in certain rooms. So much that low leveled and poor accuracy members of these classes may be unable to clear effectively. Rooms 1/11, rooms 3/4, and rooms 6/7 are the ones that I have noted in particular. Sniper pills may help remedy this, but it is something to note.
    3. Clerics are a really popular class and you may end up with more than 1 which is quite unfortunate as they tend to be poorer attackers, barring the 1/11 room. Rooms 9 and 3/4 are good substitutes for additional clerics.

Edit: Brawlers are also really good at 5/8 as confirmed by my bf. Thieves tend to be difficult to place due to lack of mobbing skills. Some funded Assassins can do 6/7. Otherwise just see what your thief can do.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Succubus and Decatei like this.
  3. StGermain

StGermain Well-Known Member

IGN:
    StGermain
    I used to refer to this pic which I thought was great

upload_2016-1-12_18-15-7.png

HappyShin, Succubus and BabyRaine like this.
  4. egglol

egglol Member

Country Flag:
    Succubus likes this.
  5. egglol

egglol Member

Country Flag:
    Hey also just a note there are some other optimum paths I'd suggest.

6/7 -> 1, 13, 10, 7, 14, 6, 10, 2, 9 (shorter by 1)
    R, R, R, M, M, L, M, M, M

3/4 -> 1, 5, 12, 4, 11, 3, 10, 2, 9 (same but easier to remember)
    L, M, M, M, M, M, M, M, M

Succubus likes this.
  6. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    It's preferable to use the map rather than the predefined path so you can get used to the maze itself because there are multiple ways to reach the same destination. Nice work on finding the 6/7 route though. I also played with your script a bit and for the most part it's great. It becomes inefficient when you select too many destinations but I'm sure you're already aware of that.

Aly likes this.
  7. egglol

egglol Member

Country Flag:
    Ah I see, yea I suppose it is good to get used to the maze itself rather than memorize a path in case you make a mistake or want to stray away from the path to help someone else with their rooms. I'm not sure what you mean by it becoming inefficient when you select too many destinations though (the path or the program?).

It does slow down the page a bit due to the large number of calculations it has to do but it should still show the shortest path from 1 to 16 that passes through all of the rooms selected. I let more than 2 rooms be selectable in case someone was taking over 2 sets of rooms or something like that. It was more of a fun experiment to program anyways rather than a serious tool :p

8. egglol

egglol Member

Country Flag:
    Also in case you are curious about the logic I used, essentially I ran a shortest path algorithm (Floyd-Warshall) to get the distances/paths between each combination of rooms. Then using those I added up the distances between each permutation that looks like 1->required rooms->16 and picked the shortest one(s).

So for example if you selected 3, 4, and 5 then this is what happens:
    • Find distances and paths between all nodes (pretty much the same as what StGermain posted but created on the spot)
    • Using those distances, find distances for:
      • 1->3->4->5->16
      • 1->3->5->4->16
      • 1->4->3->5->16
      • 1->4->5->3->16
      • 1->5->3->4->16
      • 1->5->4->3->16
    • Then pick the shortest option(s) out of those.
    Well in the case of selecting 3,4,5 you get the same result as 3,4 because 5 is already in that best path in 3,4 but I just used random numbers for example. Anyways yea thats how it works!

Awesome guide btw, definitely one of the best-designed and thought-out ones on the forum IMO :p

Succubus likes this.
  9. Cloudracing

Cloudracing Member

IGN:
    xoKatie
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tempest
    Optimum path for 5/8 isn't MMMM it's MRLM!

Succubus likes this.
  10. Teeth

Teeth Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    incisor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valiant
    8->5 by going MMMM doesn't work. I find 5->8 better. Left portal for 1->5. Then MML for 5->8. LRM from 8->16.

Also, I haven't been able to figure out why full room clears are better than just rushing 6/7. Iirc, people used to rush only 6/7 in GMS. The last I played was 8 years ago, so forgive me if I missed some LMPQ update.

Succubus likes this.