[MapleRoyals] Official Damage Range Thread - Legacy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liomio, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    That is the point of the thread. A collective history helps with competition, you aren't going to know every mages range in game. I'm remaking this thread based on a pre-wipe thread by Jason and threads posted both on LunaMS and Sleepywood Kradia.

Source:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080619155915/http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1424136
    http://web.archive.org/web/20090122211715/http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1411516
    http://web.archive.org/web/20081112050936/http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1271007

I decided to account for level in the equation unlike some of these threads. Due to the fact I don't have the equation for all the jobs, but only thieves and mages.

Edit: Also, by your reasoning most forums shouldn't have a "Flaunt your damage thread" as you can just communicate in game with their damage or range, or an "Accomplishment thread" because you can just tell people your accomplishments in game.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    It'd be muuuuch more useful with levels though. If you want a collective history why not include level to show a progression and competition by level? How does it make sense to compare a level 12X to a level 16X? That's a full 200 INT/LUK/DEX/STR difference, so of course the level 12X won't stack up. There's hardly any point to a range thread without levels.

Katsuruka likes this.
  3. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    But levels is part of hard work and progression, exactly like equipment. So in my opinion it should be used to compete. If someone finds the equations for Thief/Mage/Pirate/Warrior/Bowman without taking into account level (like those sleepy wood threads) then I would be grateful to add the equations and base it on equipment.

4. David

David Donator

IGN:
    Tainted
    Level:
    Guild:
    AllStars
    jason made a prewipe damage range thread? I never knew...

5. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    To do this list based on scaling up players' levels to 200 to gain an accurate picture of 'who will be the strongest if they were level 200 with their current equips' is very difficult. It would require a lot more than just the damage range if it were to be accurate. Players would need to post screenshots of all their equipments which have weapon attack for example as most formulas would include that on top of STR/DEX/INT/LUK. Although it would be interesting to see, I am not sure if everyone would be willing to post screenshots of their gear to the public as lots of people tend to like keeping it private. However, I would love to see one of these threads, as I can understand some of the above players' frustrations.

negrito007 and ginwolf like this.
  6. Gags

Gags Donator

[​IMG]

Here is a small update. Just scrolled my overall & equip my earnings (Which I forgot in the previous ss)

I have no problem with posting my gear. Which forum it belongs to?

julfes likes this.
  7. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    It was only up for a few days before he took it down due to lack of posting. I remember the thread clearly because Matt deleted one of my posts.

I would love to do a thread like that, but I don't know the equations for most of the classes. Most of the equations were lost with sleepywood.net.

All I know is the Mage equation.

8. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Here is the only post from that thread in case you needed it for anything:

I have the thief formula... looking for the others at the moment.

Edit:

Thief damage range formula for level 200:

Shadowers: ((((LUK * 3.6 + STR + DEX) / 100) * Weapon Attack) / Level * 200)
    NightLords: (((5.0 * LUK/ 100)* Weapon Attack) / Level * 200)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  9. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy

10. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I'd far rather see people's ranges listed by job class and level (eg the Bishop thread would also have Priest and Cleric sections and the character's level could be in brackets after their name). It seems a lot less complicated and messy than working out stuff using formulas, and I think it would be a LOT nicer to have a thread that the whole Maple Royals community can feel part of. That way, the top players can compete for first place and proudly show off their damage, others can check out how they're doing compared with people their own level and class, and maybe (please?) continental Beginners and Islanders could have their own sections too?

If it's going to called [MapleRoyals] Offical Damage Range Thread, then please let it be just that - a place for all Royallers! <3

Rob and julfes like this.
  11. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    I agree with Kat. We want everyone to be able compete with people of their level. Even 4th job could be divided to make it even fairer; using complicated formulas just leads to confusion.

12. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I think everyone would like the ability to be able to compete with anyone else for their class. Which is where the formulae come into play. They may look complicated, but Ty will simply state in the opening post what is required from you. E.g. Screenshot of your stat window with no buffs, and screenshots of your equipment which has weapon attack (for example). It would be up to Ty to figure out the total strength by using the specified formula for the class. It means that a level 6x could have the chance to be up near the top with a level 16x as the strengths would be calculated to what they would be if they were level 200. You can also state next to the total strength of that user their level and job class for easier comparison to others in the same class. I'm sure Ty can work something out for beginners too.

maggles likes this.
  13. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    This is exactly what i'm trying to do, i've been trying to archive most of the formulas on sleepywood, but some threads weren't recorded.

Right now everyone has a place to compete, as we have hardly any input. But if we grow bigger I will make two threads including this idea with range and Matt/my current idea which is a competition with equipment. & I will be doing the formula equations, I just need them in the first place with people's base stats.

14. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    As it is it should be called [MapleRoyals] Official Show Off Thread.

Blade likes this.
  15. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Nothing wrong with showing off how good your damage is and having a healthy bit of competition, but I think for a future purely competitive thread, as was Ty's original idea, "MapleRoyals Top Damage Ranges"/"MapleRoyals Damage Range Rankings" (or something similar) might be a more suitable title.

16. Chokladkakan

Chokladkakan Web Developer

Or, equivalently, (LUK * 3.6 + STR + DEX) * 2 * Weapon Attack / Level and 10 * LUK * Weapon Attack / Level, respectively.

MapleRoyals, I think we need to have a talk about order of operations and superfluous parentheses.

17. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Hey, that just looks more confusing to me :(

<-- quit school @ 16... iFail@lyfe.

Plus... I just copy/pasted those. Nohateplz.

ginwolf likes this.
  18. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    To be honest, this title was copy and pasted and Kradia was replaced with MapleRoyals. I don't think the title is misleading at all.

I agree a better title would be the more common " Top Magicians with the greatest magic attack for their level" But i'm planning to do this for all jobs, and currently the thread is just filled with ranges.

Pretty sure that's the latest accomplishment thread.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  19. SoipQuc

SoipQuc Member

IGN:
    Buddha
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Rebirth
    Just have every job for itself and stop complicating it. Why compete with other jobs? the range, dps, mobbing are all diffrent and should not be competing together even if u use formulas.
    And why would u want to compete with people around ur lvl? Lvls isnt everything, you still need a good gear to get a nice range, and there isnt enough ppl on this server for u guys to be able to compete on the same lvls and jobs...

Ty is making the best of it and i think that this thread should be all about screenshots of ur range for making it clearer for everyone. Just go make another thread for ideas and let this be the Official Damage Range Thread, thank you :)

20. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    The formulas would solve this issue.

Doing it by range will make it likely that people are competing with others around their level.

I don't really know what to say but I think you just contradicted your previous statement. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.