[MapleRoyals] Official Damage Range Thread - Legacy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liomio, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I actually thought he made the effort to buy or perfect a faltizan but alas, that's quite a show. I didn't know we can trade equips for range posting instance. I guess this will open the door for infinite possibilities in this thread. Sorry for the trouble you had to go through doodoo.

2. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I don't know what you mean, if i make a trade with fair value because i wanna play a different char / different gamestyle it's completely legit.
    Maybe he just wanted to grind or just see big numbers in guild boss runs, heard its great for that :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Kentavious, Haplopelma, Al3x and 7 others like this.
  3. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I mean-
    I would assume unless he now owns the spear it should be DQ'd based on the threads own rules? I'm honestly not sure I am not up to speed whats happening.

That said, please (not directed at sparky, this is in general), do no report posts you don't like and claim it's off topic when you leave a myriad amount of other posts unreported. Can't have it both ways, either something is okay for everyone, or it's not and this thread turns into no conversation with only ss posts of your ranges which... yeah.

Kentavious, lambchop, Lion and 15 others like this.
  4. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    Why post and show your gears and all if you weren't interested at all in taking the #1 spot?
    If you're interested, why use a faltizan to post knowing it will spark controversy amongst players?
    Yes, you've spent an average of 70ws in perfecting that weapon. That's not that hard amongst the top end players on this thread. Fundamentally it has given you a 13 attack advantage at no effort by using a faltizan to post, and as proud as you are about your faltizan it's something everyone can see. You used an alternative weapon with a natural advantage to secure a spot on the thread.

So if all of that was okay, what's wrong with him trading his weapon to post? Technically nothing, there are no absolute rules regarding this on this thread, just like there are no specific rules regarding weapon usage.

Why be so bitter and condescending when you're the one who started all of this controversy off?

Ultimately the entire forum is watching y'all being petty over this thread which is rapidly becoming a meme, because let's be real -
    - how many players on this thread RWTed at some point? probably more than 0.
    - how many players on this thread borrowed or used shared gear to post? probably more than 0.
    - how many players on this thread funded their characters with inheritance from old players who've quit? definitely more than 0.

I'd like this thread to be seen as a benchmark for newer players with goals that they can work towards, not used as a meme amongst elite players who are desperate to be #1. What does it mean for an aspiring ski user seeing a 15.3k range faltizan DrK? They're gonna look at the ones underneath with skis, I would've thought. Apart from satisfying your egos what have you actually achieved?

Kloss, atlas4, LotusLeaf and 38 others like this.
  5. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    Halo ~~Sparky Sir
    It is very hard for me to know who is using Union/Borrow items, I only can ask them, where they got ? Trust their claim. (I NOT EVEN GM) hope u can understand mine Difficulty!
    And what about Quit items , many old players funded from quit friends , I think u got some also. Is that count personal grind or work hard mesos too?
    If ppl did those things(borrow gears to post , I can only say I disappointed.

For example , one person just post forum buy 152falt, bought and post then resell again. The range accpeted? there were many players posted range , and their weapons gone (ex: kentavious sold his ski to momo , should i remove it?
    I really dk how to DEAL THIS
    Can only see player's conscience

anyway , this thread already beyond my ability
    I can't handle it

So I'll pass owner to @Dave Deviluke
    Thx @Jooon Save mine life

6. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    There's only one appropriate response to this:
    download (3).jpeg

Penny, yaqzan, Kentavious and 12 others like this.
  7. weiwei0310

weiwei0310 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    WeiQQ
    Guild:
    Wiggle
    Press like and subscribe and share your friends, don't forget the ring :D

lambchop, Tect, Josh and 7 others like this.
  8. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    There is nothing wrong with trading Sky Ski for Faltizan, and absolutely nothing wrong with posting range with Faltizan. But... Does he have a backup Sky Ski for boss runs? :confused: If he does then... Nothing wrong :D

2ScoopRice, Al3x, Tect and 6 others like this.
  9. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Thank you for all your hard work on this thread! Dave gets to manage the most drama-filled thread in the forums now... wanna switch with me? You can have the blacklist :xD:

I'm mostly here because while Staff generally like to be hands-off about monitoring discussion threads, I feel the need to remind everyone yet again to be civil. And also to share this with everyone:

Penny, Kentavious, lambchop and 10 others like this.
  10. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    @Sen No Problem ! mine man .

11. sharonxd

sharonxd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    semu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    @nany625 Time to make a 148 DSC and post range. Let’s continue our red snail shell hunting in HHG ~f2

12. nyannko777

nyannko777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nyanpasu77
    Level:
    Guild:
    KumaFarm
    drk.png
    I have weaker hb mule than @Crested

13. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Thread's rule clearly states that you must use your own equips. There were loopholes in the past and it's impossible to back trace everyone who abused it. Only lately, it was clarified by the newer owners of the thread that shared/borrowed equips aren't allowed and a few submissions were disqualified accordingly. At least from this point on, the thread was heading in the right direction where participants couldn't manipulate the loose thread rule to unfairly boost their range.

I wouldn't mind and respect the decision if the equip was traded in the way it fulfils the definition of "trade", since he's making a huge sacrifice for dpm by going for range instead. However, it's hard to believe that the trade was anything more than an act for a single range posting instance. Ofc there's no solid way to prove it for me or anyone as they can claim otherwise but for all who's reading this, you'd be sensible enough to tell where the intention lies and what weapon he'll use despite the "trade". Maybe he'll go and buy a new ski now.

If this is technically alright, why the complaint? Because, unlike using a slower but stronger weapon for range post, anyone can borrow (trade) a stronger equip from a friend and call it a fair trade before posting their range. Even if their values differ a bit, what can one say to stop the trade if both parties call it fair? It won't be long before every nl borrows (trade) momo's gear for range post. I thought this is where the discretion of the thread owner should kick in to prevent the manipulation but nothing really happened. I don't understand how you can weigh the weapon choice, when falt is one of the main weapons for Drks as you even stated before in this thread with thread owner's acceptance, the same as the momentary trade of equip(s) for range boost. I hope the new thread owner can make a clarification regarding this matter.

jeff8434, 2hSword, 2ScoopRice and 4 others like this.
  14. Momo

Momo Donator

Country Flag:
    Hmm..give me some time make dk Solve the problem. = =

Penny, LotusLeaf, MoriForest and 61 others like this.
  15. Crested

Crested Donator

Level:
  16. Kanao

Kanao Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Teha
    Level:
    Guild:
    ???
    Need change this thread to [MapleRoyals] Official Drama Thread :xD: . btw congrats @lxlx :o

Kentavious, Tigers, Minascat and 10 others like this.
  17. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    So it confirms you were playing around with the loophole in the rule and didn't make a permanent trade.

I declined to follow a non-existing rule but you are manipulating an existing rule that can jeopardize the essence of this thread. Do you not feel the difference?

jeff8434, silv, Geyforlife and 5 others like this.
  18. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour

Have taken over the thread owner for now

Regarding thread owner
    Looking for someone to take over this thread, DM me if interested - will hand over in about a week if everything is okay
    (forum history will be considered as I don't want trolls destroying this thread)
    * in the situation of multiple applicants, a poll of 1 month duration will be held

Regarding borrowed equipments
    I understand the concern of DongHuang has, about borrowed equipments, since it's not possible for players to check whether the said person borrow the item

However my view on this matter is same as Ironman policy, is about self-discipline, if the person gonna 'cheat', he will find ways to do so such as lying about the item origin - nothing we can do about that

Note: If you guys believe borrowed items should be allowed, I would recommend having a poll so that all of you can provide opinions on it

Regarding usage of faltizan
    From my own personal view, any weapons should be allowed since this thread isn't meant for recruiting party training or parties to go bossing. Even if the person only scrolled the faltizan for this thread, he still managed to scroll it to +7, and this thread is only meant for screenshot of the damage range.

Lastly, please note that this thread's rules aren't fixed and can be adjusted based on either majority votes by poll or the new thread owner's discretion

Feel free to DM me if I missed out anything

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Tect, Tsue, NekoYen and 6 others like this.
  19. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I have no idea what they did with their range but if there was rule-breaking or manipulation of such in the process, with proof like your case backed up by your own stance, that, of course, should be the case. Isn't that...the rightful thing to expect, assuming the current thread moderator isn't corrupted or irresponsible? Are you saying you did the same because there were precedents?

jeff8434, 2ScoopRice, Zusti and 3 others like this.
  20. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Hi everyone. I will be locking this thread (temporarily until I wake up tomorrow). Once people have cooled off, we can have a more civil and productive discussion about the rules of this thread. In the mean time please move onto the greater joys of MapleRoyals, like the Halloween Costume Contest!

EDIT: Thread unlocked! Just wanted to say that I didn't sleep for 12 hours... I took a nap after class because y'all kept me up all night. Please be nice now :'(

jim0714, Gert, SuchFineEyes and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.