[MapleRoyals] Official Damage Range Thread - Legacy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liomio, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strategic

Strategic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Strategic
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    updated range! finally got to 9.4k! so surreal, never thought i'd make it

thanks for all the great ideas guys, i'm now im the process of perfecting my very own faltizan!

[​IMG]

2. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Take it with a grain of salt, maybe a bottle, or just drink from the ocean.

The thread was created around 6.5 years ago, some of the rules are ambiguous and may allow certain loopholes to form. An alternative will be to remake this thread, with newer and more concise rules. However, this will mean the hard work of older players getting wiped (as some of the previous image links are dysfunctional), and some deemed it as disrespectful towards the older players.

On the topic of respect, in my eyes, the trade was a sham and was used as a vehicle to boost your range. If players are allowed to do trades with the intention of just posting their range, this thread will be an actual meme, which counteracts the main purpose of the thread (having friendly competitions). At the same time, players who worked hard for their gears will be ranked at the bottom because of these actions, which is straight-up disrespectful. Imagine how demoralising it is for players that are trying to compete fairly when people can just flood this thread with their friend's gear(s).

Next, the actual title of this thread, it is called a damage range thread and not DPS thread. The debate about using BIS (used to maximise dps) on this thread. If there is a need to compete DPS, there are threads like these, which I believe you guys already know. Some might ask "If that's the case, NL can wear dagger + shield to post range?", my stand is if you can't use your main attacking skills, then it shouldn't be allowed.
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/pirate-king-krexels-2nd-eye-dps-tests-bucc-and-sair.145069/
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/drk-joins-the-battle-again-post-patch-drk-buff.176195/#post-1028652

Following that, I feel that a more stringent rule needs to be in place regarding these trades. Some of the suggestion that I came up with was
    - If any other reasonable person would have done the same trade with a stranger if the trade cannot be reinstated.

Lastly, since @lxlx hasn't publicly denied the accusations made of falsifying the trade, I feel that calling @sparky95 unethical and then doing what you proclaim to dislike (i.e being unethical) is so contradicting. There wasn't a need to do this trade since everyone here knows that with the same weapon, lxlx's gears are superior to sparky's, and on the playing ground currently, there is no way sparky can out DPS lxlx. Regardless of what was done in the past for this thread, 2 wrongs don't make a right and we can move towards a more positive direction from now.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Penny, Leyonce, maggles and 31 others like this.
  3. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Agreed with the above

I will also discuss with the new thread owner whether to categorize by weapons (just my opinion - will need to review pros and cons)

Example:

Dark Knight (Sky Ski)
    no.1 - xxx
    no.2 - xxx

Dark Knight (Faltizan)
    no.1 - xxx
    no.2 - xxx

Feel free to leave any suggestions on how to avoid the previous scenario of drama

Note: please also do not start any drama or finger pointing, else warning points will be given
    This thread is meant to post 'damage range' and the rules are indeed somewhat "incomplete" - we need to work out this together by sharing ideas instead of flaming each other

Tiffaux, Gert, Geyforlife and 8 others like this.
  4. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I think it is fine as it is.
    By including faltizan / Skis, there are other finer details that would have to be eventually added such as
    • I/L & A/M mages
    • Crushed skull/ 1H / 2H paladin.
    Unless is designed in such a way that is neat and easy to look at, I don’t think anyone would enjoy a mess such as that.

Charu, Jesseh, jeff8434 and 12 others like this.
  5. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    As previously Owner~
    I suggest
    If ppl real care so much about this rank thread
    How about make a New thread ? With Good category and Clear rules , block this old thread put on top for glory ? upload_2020-10-30_12-34-26.png

whole posters all show gear videos ( let owner ez to see any CHEAT {wa nose , belt , time limit items})

PRESS ME LIKE IF U AGREE THIS

6. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
    This thread is from 2014 and there has always been this underlying rule of what weapon to use. Since 2014 until 2020, the meta have shifted and people tend to use different weapons such as 2h sword warrior vs 1hand + shield warrior. Not to mention there are new end game gear, a good example of this would be htp vs mon. I believe the best solution to this is to have categorized weapons/pendant on a new thread and in regards to if its their own gear, it can only be dealt with "honest system". In addition, the new thread can honor the top 3s that are mentioned on this thread in a sperate section. These are just my thoughts on the current situation.

Jesseh, Tiffaux, jeff8434 and 10 others like this.
  7. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    As long as you can use your main attacking skills, there is nothing wrong with posting with a faltizan.

On the surface level, yes it is technically a trade. It will also be nice if you can claim that it was a bona fide trade. Would you have done the same trade with a stranger if the trade cannot be reinstated? After all, the trade was about substance over form. On the form, it looks like a genuine trade, but was it really? If your answer is yes, then great and there is nothing more to discuss on this part, and I will like to apologise for saying it was unethical for you to do the trade.

Apart from the ranking system, or the usage of certain weapons. I'm actually more concerned about the integrity of the trade, hence why I mentioned the word unethical.
    I get what you mean, if an i/l mage uses a 219 tma wand 5/6 to reach the highest TMA in the i/l category, I would consider that as unethical as well.

Penny, jeff8434, akaPop and 6 others like this.
  8. ioopy

ioopy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ioopy/Loopy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fendi
    upload_2020-10-30_1-10-1.png
    who's trying to take over tirn #1 hero spot

I will post my 9.3k NL range don't report me

Alstero, Tect, Taehyunn and 7 others like this.
  9. KenE

KenE Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Height
    Guild:
    Wiggle
    dude just drop it, before this all happend everyone already knew and referred to you as number 1, sparkys range has always been a meme but the fact that you acknowledged it and started this whole ordeal is infuriating, can you please not let community thread define your worth. no matter whos rank 1 the highest ski user is gonna be what players work from anyways, seeing you go so low as to trade a falt to prove something is so sad. i feel like this has nothing to do with the ski vs falt situation itself but a critique on your behavior and the fact that i can’t wrap my head around why you care so much

I 100% agree with you in the fact that sparky is fucked up for changing it to where you need a falt to even compete and that its not the optimal weapon, what i cant agree with is that you gave him all this attention, the sky vs falt is not a debate nor an opinion on whats better, its a known fact that ski is better and im sure you know that so theres no need for you make a scene, no one is arguing or looking down upon you because youre weaker than a falt user with a ski man, who are you even fighting against.

this might not be the best take as it goes against both side but i just can’t help but to feel this is just pettiness from both of y’all

my solution : change absolutely nothing with this thread and stop caring so much on what a number has to say, y’all both know lxlx is stronger does it really have to be written on paper too

Penny, MoriForest, Gellyroll and 25 others like this.
  10. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    [​IMG]

#1 mage ATK hype!!!

Penny, tomatodee, Lion and 10 others like this.
  11. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Actually , i have tought about doing this, sadly i have no time to manage a thread like this properly(for now), this is my favorite thread of forums, and for shure the one i visit more often, its kind of sad how is this going these last days. On the other hand we can see the same actions form 2 points of view.

Making a new thread could feel like:

1.-Honor the old high tier players(but now, probably retired) not spoiling their memories with this nonsense.
    2.-Completely ignore them since, if this thread is actually blocked, they will be gone.

Idk how would i feel about it, its been my goal pretty much since i joined to beat Nessi drks range(nothing personal, actually i think i dont even met him yet), to not see him above me as a milestone.

If i was the thread owner i would state the following rules:

1.- I would reserve the right to edit or delete the comments(this shouldnt be a place to discuss/debate) if someone thank his friends/guild but also targets a 3rd person with an unrespectfull comment, it should edited or staright up deleted, and reposted properly.

2.- For the top3 post it should be a single category(except for pallys where is meta those 2 options)top 3 drks should use ski, heros 2h sword, NL dps..etc etc. I can see the following questions..so lemme respond b4 u ask

a.-what if i want to use a non meta weapon, i am excluded? isnt this discriminatory?
    -Yes it is, but since the ones aiming for the top3 spots use to be elit players, for the sanity of the thread is not a bad idea to remain "elitist", i mean if you ACTUALLY want to use that weapon, not being in this thread or not be allowed to enter the top 3, wouldnt take that away form you.

b.- What about all the other players that used "this Bis" weapon to be here, isnt that unfair?, they didnt show the weapon theire using....

I mean...*breath, enter into elitist mode*..who cares about it?, are you actually telling me, "Mr./Ms elite player" that you think its an unfair adventage to use a dagger +shield to be the no22 NL in server? isnt even kind of sad that kind of cheat to have to do that?, even if its not cheat(like using a faltizan, wich is not) i dont care at all if the no14 drk(again nothing personal, i didnt even check who it is) in the server used that weapon, different story would be with the top tier(to be fair theres a lot of competition in drks/nl/hero/bm section so a top 5 or even a top 10 showing off everything wouldnt be that bad)

Again there should be a top 3 pallys 2h sword and a 1h+shield, just 3 position, all the rest can be merged in the rest of the list,
    what about if i have range enough to be a top3 2h bw pally? You can be happy with it!, but you cant aim for the top3 list, again this thread does not take anything away form you.

Last but not least i would like to ask @lxlx and @sparky95 , (a petition not a demand), to repost your ranges with your skis and lets forget about this, yes you did nothing wrong, yes you worked hard for those and you have the right to show it off, yes this isnt a dps thread, it is a range one, im just asking to be the bigger man, and sacrifice a bit for the health of the comunity, and for the legacy this thread is meant to, part of being a grown up, is to know when to retract, even if youre right, to avoid a fight. If you do agree, i would like to ask @Dave Deviluke to delete all the coments that are not ranges made the last 2 days

including this one ofc

Jesseh, Aestel, jeff8434 and 4 others like this.
  12. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    The fact you didn't trade it until recently indicated that you still have respect for the DKs and trusted that people will have sportsmanship. Unfortunately, sparky didn't understand that message.

When you have to resort to this move, despite almost everyone if not everyone in the community viewing you as the rank 1 DK, is really disappointing. You did a really desperate move and stooped so low, further compromising the integrity of this thread.

Regardless of what happened, I feel it is time to drop this never-ending argument.
    If possible, can you answer with your own consciousness that if the trade was with a stranger, and there is no chance of reinstating the original trade, would you have done the trade?

Leyonce, 2ScoopRice, jeff8434 and 8 others like this.
  13. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Also agree with this

Will be removing the unnecessary posts with Sen after we have reached a mutual understanding on the rules, else the flame comments will keep on appearing if we don't address the root cause for the conflicts

Tiffaux, akaPop, Filter and 2 others like this.
  14. Joshua Leong

Joshua Leong Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Anomalist
    Level:
    Guild:
    dogs
    sKyYyyY sKiiiIIi iZzZzzZ betTeR thAaaAN fALtEeeEezAN

Just use this spear ok

upload_2020-10-30_14-17-50.png

And to those celebrating Halloween use this la why sky ski / faltizan??? c’mon bruh ??

upload_2020-10-30_14-21-29.png

Attached Files:

tangxin96, Tiffaux, Tako Yuet and 3 others like this.
  15. Strategic

Strategic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Strategic
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    pls dont do this, the memes are funny, and it should stay so we can learn from our mistakes. thats why we record history, even the bad parts

but fr its hilarious dont do it pls

16. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
    I understand the "rules" are not explicitly stated but we shouldn't target who is right or who is wrong. Instead, we should come with an effective solution moving forward that can fit both parties and the community itself.

Jesseh, Lion, jeff8434 and 3 others like this.
  17. Inclusivity

Inclusivity Donator

Level:
    100 ~cash for it ~f5

18. robin001

robin001 Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PearlJam
    Level:
    range.jpg
    updating my range

nicknikki, Sen, Tiffaux and 7 others like this.
  19. Jiun

Jiun Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JJBishop
    BB6EE967-CAC3-43B0-91C8-4165C176DD2A.png

Tiffaux, Aestel, akaPop and 5 others like this.
  20. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I'm fine with you posting your range with a faltizan that you obtain through an actual trade. However, I feel obligated to voice out my opinion if it was some shady made up bs trade.

So, for the third time I'm asking you, will u be kind enough to answer this question? With your own conscious, if the trade was with a stranger, and there is no chance of reinstating the original trade, would you have done the trade?

2ScoopRice, Dann, Geyforlife and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.