[MapleRoyals] Official Damage Range Thread - Legacy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liomio, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:
    I might be late on this but my understanding of threads like these is who is the most optimized in terms of their damage potential, not necessarily stat sticking. In previous damage threads they separated each category by weapon speed, some users have expressed that might be messy.

Personally I disagree, there should be separate categories on weapon speeds as players can compare their specific weapon range with the correct speed tier. Either that or do the math to figure out the damage difference and recalculate their range with their adjusted attack. I don't think it's in the spirit of the thread to allow players to cheese their way for the technical #1 spots because they chose to stat stick their character, rather than optimize them.

Filter, Jooon and Zusti like this.
  2. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Memes are fine, but not when the said memes evolves into flame wars or harassment

The irrelevant posts that are not constructive for discussing the rules will be removed - mainly the flaming comments

Filter and Al3x like this.
  3. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Your analogy regarding what I'm trying to bring across is wrong. It is more like a paladin who supposedly spent his own funds to acquire a flame sword decides to swap for a crushed skull just for range thread, and then swapping it back after updating range thread is very concerning. Also, there is a lot of ways we can look at this, if my friends wanted to be top mages, I could've "traded" gears with them. So are you advocating that these people deserve to stay on the range post? Ok regardless of all these, I sincerely hope that 5-10 years from now, both you and sparky don't look back and regret that you guys spent hours arguing over insignificant 2D numbers. In the end, this thread is to encourage friendly competition. Cheers.

2ScoopRice, Tiffaux, lucasyyy and 9 others like this.
  4. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    It does, thank you for being transparent about it. So is it also safe for us to assume you won't be trading back your ski for the faltizan anytime soon?

Controversy, jeff8434, Relmy and 5 others like this.
  5. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Knowledge of patnais being a stranger is also not a concern of mine. However, you chose to answer. I thought you chose to answer because you wanted it to be transparent and to avoid shady bs? Or do you only choose parts to answer which is favorable for you? For the sake of this thread, I guess it will be nice if you could answer so those that want to compete legitly still have some hope. Feel free not to answer though.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    2ScoopRice, Tiffaux, jeff8434 and 8 others like this.
  6. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create

Repeat this ~f12

or Anyone else have a better idea ?
    Welcome share ur deal method

7. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    How bout top 3 hv to do dps video whr they show their gears to prove their range isnt just for show?

Geyforlife and Doo like this.
  8. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create

Yeah , we need more advices ,can discuss this , but mages solo krex right eye gonna kill them.

Penny, lambchop and Shnang like this.
  9. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

As long as it says MapleRoyals range thread and not MapleRoyals DPS thread the rules are fine as they are. It worked for 6 years. Only requiring your weapon to be useable in the main attack is fair enough imo.

Penny, Aestel, maggles and 3 others like this.
  10. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    The Staff have talked to a few applicants that are interested in taking over this thread, and discussions are encouraged as long as it doesn't evolve into personal attacks or harassment

Although we can lock this thread (and someone starts a new 1), I do not think it's the right way unless most of you are OK with it

11. kindereggbom

kindereggbom Active Member

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    Isn't this basically just a useless dick-measuring contest for the highest clean range? In my eyes using a higher base att weapon that's effectively worse in use is what this thread should be all about. The more useless the weapon the better :)

NamerUse, Aestel, tomatodee and 8 others like this.
  12. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    Mage is clear cut. Magic n is settled. They all same casting speed/weapon build. Atker class got diffs. Mm can hv pyrope/dsc. Diff speed but the dps can be similar depending on the stat of weap. Bm clear cut, bow speed is almost negligible cls of hurricane. Nl all max speed, shad also max speed. Bucc also max after si booster. Sair same weap speed throughout. Hero, axe n sword shld split i think. Then 1H n 2H also maybe wanna split? Very hard to decide for this n for pally bw/sword. Drk, well lets be real those 2 can get ski or falt but they end up use falt cos is "range thread". If their ski give better dps then why they use falt for. Look at wat happen when they start using. Stupid drama over it. N since it got posted while im writing this, @Dabsta just cos its been like tat for so long that doesnt mean a change isnt warranted. We can see that ppl are starting to use loopholes in the rules to push themselves up. Im not gonna say i agree or disagree with it but at least we nid something to prevent this sort of drama from happening again right? A dps vid can basically just rank the top 3, not just by range, but by dps as well.
    Another option wld be a range + dps thread instead. Range is purely range, but for certain positions n up, e.g. 10th n above all hv to be in dps rankings, others can choose if only want do dps rank but no range rank or vice versa or both. So tat can see maybe 1 fella range high but dps is shit compared to others like PA Drk with higher range vs spear drk with lower range
    Edit: cant be a pure dps ranking btw. Since hv some ppl post with below krex killing lvls which is the current "dps test standard" unless specific dps test is added into the game

Doo and Aestel like this.
  13. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    If we do not address the opinion differences that was caused by the rules and choices of weapons and simply locking this thread, they will just shift this argument to the new thread and spawn the same argument again

The previous comments were discussions about why or how they feel about certain usage of weapons should or should not be allowed such as DPS purposes

I don't understand why are you upset with me when I'm trying to resolve the root cause of these conflicts - vague rules and weapon choices
    Note: reported comments are also handled

If you feel I am not encouraging the community to move on from these conflicts, please kindly advice on parts I can improve on so I can learn from this

Sen, Tiffaux, silv and 3 others like this.
  14. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    The questioning about the validity of the alleged trade is a valid concern to me due to the rule of "- Only include your OWN items."
    However, I won't be commenting much on this as I intend to let the new thread owner to decide the rules
    If the owner decides that borrowing or swapping weapons are fine, I am fine with that (as it's not possible to police such matters)

I have reviewed the previous comments and can confirm that lxlx and sparky are questioning each other's intention about the weapon choice, and of course, should the situation evolves into personal attacks again, necessary actions will be taken such as removal of the comments
    I am also unable to provide much opinions on the matter of weapon choices as I only play islander or CPQer mainly, so I would refrain doing so

The new rules you proposed would also be a good reference for the thread owner
    Note: I am only taking over this thread temporarily (about a week) before I pass to someone else
    I do not want to simply pass this over to a random person as it may worsen the situation, I need the thread owner to understand the concerns that were raised by the players and address them accordingly

Lastly, if you feel I'm not suitable to handle this situation, I'm also okay to let another Staff (such as Sen or a GM) to handle this if you deem the need to

Filter, Geyforlife and Tsue like this.
  15. TrinityEcho

TrinityEcho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SnipeEcho
    Level:
    Guild:
    Peach
    In a perfect world, this is exactly what I wish this thread could be. I would hide everyone’s IGN from view, and only allow the community to see the raw stats of the character’s gear. This would remove the possibility of this stupid ego war. It would instead serve as an easily accessible database for new players that want to decide what upgrades to focus on. Of course, the people that post here want public recognition for their feats, and I truly get that. But if we really want to build a more cohesive, constructive community, this is the most direct approach I can think of.

16. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
  17. Vector Ho

Vector Ho Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VectorNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I totally agree with you. I use this thread to motivate me, to see where I am at now, instead of competitive purpose.

The reason I play MapleRoyals and Maplestory (pre bb) in general is that the game is stress-free and no stupid competition.

Trung Kiên and MaiAh like this.
  18. Snake

Snake Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Intercourse
    Level:
    People really getting heated over pixel numbers in a private server mushroom game

Penny, Trung Kiên, KWJ and 22 others like this.
  19. Guden

Guden Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Guden
    Level:
    SEA
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Hahhahahahhaha -cough-

HAHEHAHHEHHAHEHWHHAE

Sorry what i meant to say was:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

MoriForest, patnais77, Atze and 5 others like this.
  20. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Lmao y'all really out here pouring gasoline on the flames and then asking why the Forum Moderators aren't putting it out. We will be locking this thread, once again... We are in the process of handing this over to a new owner, and any constructive discussion of this matter seems better suited to the feedback thread for the time being.

Penny, lambchop, Shnang and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.