[New Source] Job Advancement Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Devastated, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Devastated

Devastated Donator

[​IMG]

Hi, welcome to my guide! With New Source, there are changes to job advancing so this guide will encompass all the new details. I'm always looking to keep the guide information updated as much as possible, so please do let me know of anything you may encounter in game that is different from here. Now without further ado, here it is.

Updated 3 March 2023

[​IMG]
    In order to advance, you must satisfy these level and stat requirements:

[​IMG] Warrior: Level 10, 35 STR
    [​IMG] Bowman: Level 10, 25 DEX
    [​IMG] Magician: Level 8, 20 INT
    [​IMG] Thief: Level 10, 25 DEX
    [​IMG] Pirate: Level 10, 20 DEX

These are the locations of the respective job instructors:
    Upon advancing, you will receive 1 SP.

[​IMG]
    In order to advance, you must ensure that you are at least level 30 and that all your skill points are used up.

dark marble.png First, speak to your first job instructor. They will pass you a letter to give to another job instructor seen below. From there, you will be instructed to collect 30 Dark Marbles by defeating the monsters in the map. Once you are done with that, speak to the instructor again and you will be rewarded The Proof of a Hero. Go back to your first job instructor and you will be able to advance.

[​IMG] Pirates will only speak to Kyrin throughout the whole advancement. She will warp you to a map based on the job that you've chosen (Infighter or Gunslinger, and then click NPC Chat 'I have something to tell you'.)

In this map, you are to collect 15 Potent Crystals. Upon completion, talk to her again and you will advance.

These are the locations for the respective job instructors:
    Upon advancing, you will receive 1 SP.

[​IMG]
    You need to be at least level 70 and all your skill points (SP) must be used up before advancing.
    [​IMG] You will need 1 Dark Crystal in order to speak to the Holy Stone later on. The Dark Crystal can be refined by Vogen at El Nath with 10 Dark Crystal Ores for 4,500 mesos. Alternatively, you can purchase this at the Free Market for [insert price].

[​IMG] To save time, it’s good to have 3 VIP Teleport Rocks or a Fast Travel Ticket with you beforehand because you’ll be going from El Nath -> Victoria Island -> El Nath.

Now that you’re level 70, it’s time for you to job advance. First, head to El Nath: Chief’s Residence and speak to your 3rd job instructor. They'll tell you to speak to your 1st job instructor. After that, find the Door of Dimension for your class.

In New Source, each class will have to go to their respective Door of Dimension.

[​IMG] Warrior: Ant Tunnel Park
    [​IMG] Bowman: Sleepy Dungeon V
    [​IMG] Magician: Forest of Evil II
    [​IMG] Thief: Monkey Swamp II
    [​IMG] Pirate: Cave of Evil Eye II

[​IMG]

The Door of Dimension will bring you to The Path of the Glittering Crystal. Walk until the end of the path and a portal will await you. Enter the portal and defeat your 1st job instructor’s dark clone (Remember to get your ACP and attack pots if you need!) Once killed, the clone will drop a Black Charm so be sure to get it.

Next,
    1. Return to your
    1st job instructor and turn in the Black Charm. You will receive a Necklace of Strength in return.
    2. After that, go back to your
    3rd job instructor in El Nath and give that to them.
    3. At this point, you must have (at least) 1 Dark Crystal before continuing. If a question is answered incorrectly, you will need another crystal to proceed with the advancement.

You will be asked to speak to the Holy Stone and answer 5 questions. It is located at the Holy Ground at the Snowfield (the wooden door at the top right corner of Sharp Cliff II).

A quicker way to get there is to take the
    Danger Zone Taxi at the right side of El Nath. You will arrive at Ice Valley II. Speak to Jeff and you'll be brought to another map, Sharp Cliff I. Then just go up one more map and look for this wooden door.

[​IMG]
    Once you’ve successfully answered all of the questions, the Holy Stone will give you the Necklace of Wisdom. With that, head back to your 3rd job instructor and you will advance to your 3rd job.

Questions and answers
    The questions now (usually) come in 6 different sets of 5. The probability of getting randomized questions is currently unknown, but from personal experience and words from other players, these questions seem to appear in particular sets as listed below quite regularly. Nonetheless, just in case you come across questions that don't belong to a specific set, there are answers to the existing questions here.

Tip: Use CTRL+F to find the specific keywords of the question. The phrasing of each question may be different from what is written here, so it is best to use keywords to track the question. Also, you may want to sit in a chair or potion up so that you don't die to coldness.

Note: These questions may appear in random order.
    Upon advancing, you will receive 1 SP and 5 AP.

4th.png
    Before advancing, make sure that all your skill points (SP) are used up. You cannot advance if you have some leftover.

Once you're level 120, speak to your 3rd job instructor in El Nath to get a Recommendation Letter. Next, bring the letter to your 4th job instructor in Leafre. After a series of dialogues, you will be tasked to obtain the Heroic Star and the Heroic Pentagon.

The 4th job instructors can be found in Leafre: The Forest of the Priest. To get there you will have to travel to Leafre and go to the Valley of the Antelope. Go up the map and you will find an entrance. Enter it and you'll find the instructors there.​

[​IMG]
    You will eventually be asked to get the Heroic Pentagon and the Heroic Star. There are 2 ways to go about getting the items. You can kill 2 bosses or you can spend 10 million mesos to buy a scroll and get the items.
    [​IMG] The Heroic Pentagon is dropped by Manon.
    [​IMG] The Heroic Star is dropped by Griffey.

[​IMG] Alternatively, you can get a Secret Spell Scroll in exchange for the star and pentagon. Start a quest with Chief Tatamo in Leafre called 'Tatamo's Suggestion' and he will instruct you to get this scroll.

You can get the scroll by travelling to Ludibrium: Eos Tower 44th Floor and purchasing it from the scroll seller, Vega. It costs 10 million mesos. Afterwards, take the scroll back to Chief Tatamo and he will give you the Heroic Star and Pentagon.​
    [​IMG] If you choose to do this, I would suggest getting Eos Rock Scrolls to make your journey smoother. You can buy them from FM or do a quest for it
    To get the scrolls, go to the 93rd floor of Eos Tower and speak to Lost Soldier.

Initiate the quest 'The Lost Guard'. You will have to get 15 propellers and 15 worn-out goggles, dropped by Helly and Chirppy respectively. They can be found in floors 92-91.
    The spawn rate is terrible but it's definitely doable. Once you're done, head back to the soldier and he will give you 20 Eos Rock Scrolls.

Once you've obtained these 2 items, take them back to your 4th job instructor and you'll be able to advance to your fourth job.

Upon advancing, you will receive 3 SP, 5 AP, and a Maple Warrior 10 Skillbook.​
    Congratulations :love:

[​IMG]
    Thank you to:
    - Plenty's guide on job advancement
    - Ayumilove's database
    - Jiahao's guide on X-Storm Forum
    - Before Big Bang database
    - MapleRoyals Library

- My friends for helping with Q&A compilation and random Royallers for being in my pictures!

3/12/2017: published
    6/12/2017: tweaks, typos
    14/11/2018: revamped, all 4 advancements added
    6/12/2018: added some deets
    24/8/2019: changed sub-headings, adjusted 3rd job answers
    13/9/2019: removed expired pics, to be added
    13/9/2019: re-added pictures
    4/12/2019: added banners
    9/12/2019: added class icons
    30/4/2020: fixed pics and texts
    23/12/2020: re-worded some questions to the ones posed in-game
    18/9/2021: edited pics and instructions
    28/8/2022: updated text
    24/5/2022: added instruction for pirate 2nd job
    30/11/2022: edited text to match in-game
    3/3/2023: set #5 edited to match in-game text

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    Whytea, Jaqueline, Meikyu and 47 others like this.
  2. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    Is matt's favorite pizza topping still an advancement question? Also, the past 2 advances I did all had the same questions:

Which of the following monsters can fly? – Malady
    Which NPC does not belong to Alpha Platoon’s Network of Communication? – Peter
    Which NPC cannot be seen in Kerning City? – Luke
    Which material is not required to awaken Hero’s Gladius? – Fairy Wing
    Which of following monsters has WRONG item? – Nependeath – Nependeath’s Leaf

IDK if that's a coincidence or a bug or something. Can anyone else share their most recent questions?

clool likes this.
  3. Devastated

Devastated Donator

I haven’t gotten any MapleRoyals-specific questions on two of my characters since new source, so I can’t say for sure whether or not it’s still a question.

iirc Which item do you give Maya in Henesys in order to cure her sickness - Weird Medicine was one of the questions I got previously. Will update again when i adv on my fp

4. helloss

helloss Well-Known Member

ariel451, Shnang and Devastated like this.
  5. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    I'll be doing a few more pretty soon, i'll check.
    it's possible that the quest gives sets of 5 instead of randomizing every question and I just pulled the same set twice.

Devastated likes this.
  6. Devastated

Devastated Donator

Yes, it should be Sera on Royals. However in v0.83, the first NPC you'll meet is actually Heena. I've not personally gotten this question yet, so whether or not the admins are going to/have change(d) the answer to fit Royals' gameplay or stick to the original is not to my knowledge :X

I searched up other job advancement guides and you're right. These questions do come in 6 different sets as seen in this guide right here. Thanks for pointing this out! it'll be added shortly :D

7. helloss

I actually got this question in this private server and I remember answering it with 'Sera', which was the right answer :)

8. Devastated

Devastated Donator

Thank you! It's been fixed :D
    Also, did your questions come in set #5 by any chance?

9. Dann

Dann Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Surgyn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    What's the difference on this with old source ?

10. Devastated

Devastated Donator

In old source, you were able to use any Door of Dimension regardless of what job you are. Now there is a specific Door of Dimension for each class and the questions are no longer only about Royals' rates/Matt's favourite food

11. Dann

Dann Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Surgyn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    How about the dungeon Door? As far as i know, that's consider "unviersal"

12. Devastated

Devastated Donator

The dungeon door in Ant Tunnel Park? If you're referring to that one, it's not universal anymore. It's only for warriors now

13. helloss

I forgot. The reason why I remember only the Sera question was because I got that question 3 times on 3 characters =.='' (and the answer wasn't found on google so i had to search google images instead)

14. erez drath

erez drath Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    erezberez
    Level:
    you should really improve this guide, on first try couldnt do anything and was dying to cold because the question was not included

15. Devastated

Devastated Donator

sorry to hear that, could you let me know what question you got?

16. erez drath

erez drath Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    erezberez
    Level:
    correction: the wording is different and some of the keywords of the questions are different after a few tries i figured.

17. Noe Valencia

Noe Valencia Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeedMeO2
    Level:
    Guild:
    Carinae
    Thank you!!

Devastated likes this.
  18. Nonna

Nonna Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kilpikonna
    Guild:
    Sauna
    In question set II question 2, there is also a possible answer "Dark Stump" instead of "Evil Eye". Might be good to add that in.

19. Devastated

Devastated Donator

Thanks! I've added that in.

20. Bladejones

Bladejones Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SamJackson
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fellatio
    Hi i used this guide recently and just wanted to add in a question not shown here 3rd job Advance. I got set 5 but the 4th question was "which of these jobs is not a 2nd job Advance?" The correct answer for me was outlaw.

Devastated likes this.