Update New Source Update #1 06/01/17

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Hi Royallers,

We apologise for the additional unexpected downtime. There was a major crashing issue that had to be fixed which was caused by a deadlock relating to the way player information was sent to other players on the map. We believe to have now fixed the issue and the game should now be accessible again.

In additon to fixing the crashing issue, the following bugs were fixed:

• Fixed issues relating to skill Teleport which would cause the player not to be able to enter portals or use auto-HP/MP.
    • Fixed an issue that gave incorrect HP/MP on level up
    • Party chat is now working.
    • Guild chat is now working.
    • Drop rates adjusted slightly to match closer to the previous drop table.
    • Fixed issues that caused some monsters and NPC's not to spawn in a few maps.
    • Fixed issues that caused the Orbis to Mu Lung warp not to function properly.

We would also like to bring attention to the following which was forgotten to be mentioned in the the patch notes:

A few donor hairstyles/faces that that were available from Big Headward in the Free Market prior to the patch were in the incorrect sections for their gender, which resulting in some characters having an invalid hair ID when being converted over to the new database. These characters will notice their hairstyle or face will have been reverted to the defaults. These players will be recieving a refund of RP in an upcoming update so that they will be able to choose a new hairstyle/face.

We appreciate your patience while we continue to implement functionality and fix any bugs as quickly as possible. We expect to update the server again within 12-24 hours. Please report any issues you encounter in the bug reports forum. We are aware of some major functionality not working so please avoid reporting bugs for anything mentioned in the patch notes.

Edit: We are currently aware of a server notice being broadcasted each time a player levels up.

Edit 2: Unfortunately, the channel server has crashed again. we have collected information about this new freeze and are working to fix the issue.

Regards,
    The MapleRoyals Staff

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    Hey Matt,

Firstly I want to say Thank You to you and the entire MapleRoyals Staff for making the game accessible again!~ ~f2

I just wanted to list some minor things that I've noticed upon the few minutes that I was online for this third and most recent launch:
    • Items can't be picked up unless you are on the exact platform of said item. So for example, if you are on a platform that is very closely under it, but not on the actual platform, you cannot pick up the said item.
    • /finding an offline character does not give any text feedback and keeps the chatbox empty as if you did not /find in the first place. But /find works perfectly for /finding an online character.
    • Text on the bottom-right as you are picking up an item or meso gets cut-off in the beginning of said text rather than the ending when picking up a long-texted item/meso. For example, I picked up a Leatty's Fur Ball (not-verbatim) and it didn't show the typical "You picked up...".
    • When somebody whisper-blocks you, and you try to whisper them, you do not get any text feedback and keeps the chatbox empty as if you did not whisper them in the first place.
    These are just some things that I have noticed upon my few minutes of being online just now. Thank You once again for the hardwork to you and the entire MapleRoyals Staff!~

-Sawngo

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    cowe, Battōsai, Bingsu and 4 others like this.
  3. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Sawngo please make that over into a bug report in the correct subforum rather than here, thanks!

Tardex and VivaSunny like this.
  4. Amaranthen

Amaranthen Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Fariel
    Guild:
    ~ Tenacity ~
    Please take your time implementing the basic functionalities of the game.

Just consider the downtime as preventative maintenance. Better to prevent problems now than to address them from hundreds of angry players on the forums.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  5. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Member

So going back to the old server for now, and running the new one as a public test server with an own database, still isnt an option?
    Still, Im not complaining, but it seems like there are some major issues with the new source.
    Instead of disappointing some hundred players with every single "its ready... no its not", wouldnt it be much more comfortable for the devs to work stress-free? Software quality suffers a lot when the devs work under high pressure of time.
    I dont see why you by all means have to run the new source, even though it obviously isnt ready yet.

Aoede, looty108, Mimsy and 5 others like this.
  6. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    In the last few days we've not once said "it's ready.. no it's not!", or anything similar to that.
    We've let people know the server is not in the state we want it to be in, but we still want to try to bring the server online to see what happens so we can have a better idea of how to fix it.
    You may see it as just logging in to see the server freeze, but on our end we can read the errors to see what exactly caused the freeze. And when we know what causes it, we can fix it.
    So it's going to be a bumpy ride until it's finished, but we're going to continue trying to bring the server up until it's stable enough not to freeze anymore.
    When that happens, you will rapidly start seeing other features get fixed as well, since a lot of them barely take any time to implement.
    If you don't want to be a part of that, you're free to take a few days or a week break from Royals, while some other players are willing to help us test things that could potentially be broken.
    The server is going to gradually improve, players just have to be patient with us, and then they will see it become better and better.

neverIucky, cowe, Martin and 13 others like this.
  7. StaticShock

StaticShock Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RUPNOK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    That was a thing for over a year and 99% of the royals population decided not to help.

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/open-beta-launch.36647/

Romina, Legato, neverIucky and 18 others like this.
  8. lasertoast

lasertoast Member

Country Flag:
    I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for them to fix. You think you have it all fixed, only for it to crash with a completely different error just minutes later. Keep up the hard work guys, looking forward to playing :)

knetterzak likes this.
  9. Spooky Business

Spooky Business Well-Known Member

Country Flag:

10. Section

Section Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Section
    Level:
  11. Rekindled

Rekindled Donator

Thank you for working so hard on our server! Love you guys, keep it up!!!!:3

12. AlekseiMist

AlekseiMist Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Alekseii
    It's funny seeing the back and forth postings between players who are dissatisfied, and the players who are extremely supportive. I for one am more than happy to help in any way I can, assuming I have the time. It's as everyone else says.. If you really don't want to wait, then do something about it and stop posting things that are more stressful than what they're worth.

Aryu likes this.
  13. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Member

Sure its the fastest way to get test data and feedback, and progress well. And if the open beta wasnt used a lot, it would take even longer to debug it. Still i think its kind of harsh to force people to use the beta, I dont release stuff that way. Doesnt matter though, if you like to do it like this, have some quite busy days, and enjoy the early results. People will get over it.

No need to complain, most people havent paid a single cent, so why would we demand anything from the devs?

14. Hanamaru

Hanamaru Well-Known Member

any plans to add new hairstyles and faces into the game? hoping for more options for non rp looks!

Battōsai and Sila like this.
  15. PuffyMelon

PuffyMelon Donator

Country Flag:
    Please don't launch the game yet, if the game is not at a playable state! And I would rather wait for the in-game features to be fully functional than playing it with limited functionality. So just don't rush it and take your time to do it to it's best and i know you guys will! Good luck!

16. SiaoLiaoLor

SiaoLiaoLor Donator

Country Flag:
    Wowowowowow Clap clap

17. Yan

Yan Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    by the way, I noticed on my Drk that's my STR is limited at 999, it used to be 1000+@old source, since my dex is 4.
    is it a bug or actually meant to be coded like that? oO

ginwolf and Mrkaren like this.
  18. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Martin and Yan like this.
  19. Mekansm