Nightlord/Shadower nerf

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by sean128309, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

Why even nerf shadower at all? it seems like it got caught in an NL nerf for no reason. it's bad enough for lvl 200 shadowers and i can't imagine what the 1-160 gameplay (since you have 4 skills to max) feels like with the same stance level of a BM, as a melee class.

2. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Is this avoid debuff a preview for marksman's blind buff? 0:)

whitemagejames and ZJZJ like this.
  3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Shifter is 40% of all attacks and better than stance--you both aren't knocked around OR hit, plus your iframes from bstep you are spamming half the time

Both nl and shad are dominating boss classes. I'm sure there will be some slight tweak to the luk formula seeing how outraged everyone is but calling a 200 shad useless is just plain dramatic

4. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    o.o is this theoretical or have you actually played both classes?
    Who even cares about being hit in this game if you don’t get KBed? Unless you get 0HK0ed it’s literally a few more potions from your pet

Jen123 likes this.
  5. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    No I'm not comparing them I'm just talking about shifter. I'm saying it is essentially stance at 40%, plus you don't take damage, so stance+
    and to answer your question yes

Also your point about kb argues against what all NL are complaining about in here. They are washed if they're in HT and they're on the range plat anyway, their pet is keeping them alive 100%, even if they have 0 points in shifter

edit: edits

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  6. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    On the other hand, as a warrior, u can afk attack with 3 clients without getting knocked back 90% of the time, TOO OP!

UPDATE 72:
    Warrior stance 90% -> 60%

now excuse me,
    I better go predict the price of bitcoin

Jen123, Shanmango, t6o2ny1 and 11 others like this.
  7. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    Being 10-15% more likely to be hit on one of the easiest and strongest classes in the game hurts their identity, plz revert, not nostalgic

Dong, loyal, Kenny and 1 other person like this.
  8. ZJZJ

ZJZJ Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ZJZJ
    Level:
    Guild:
    Akatsuki
    If these numbers are correct, do you really look at these numbers and think we are just getting hit "10-15% more often". What you want to look at is not (for shads) 77.7%-62.1% = 15.5%, but actually 37.9%/22.3% chance of getting hit = 1.69. So yes, shads get hit 1.69x more often now. 69% increase, not 10-15%. Nls would be 1.6x, or 60% more often. Looking at the "dff." column is extremely misleading.

iJSK, Jen123, Shanmango and 23 others like this.
  9. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    You're just arguing semantics, going from a 1% hit chance to a 2% hit chance is both a 100% increase in the chance of being hit, and a 1% increase in the chance of being hit depending on how you want to phrase it, but I'll change the post to make it more clear on what I meant.

UrbanJuggernaut likes this.
  10. CupOfJoe

CupOfJoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CupOfJoe
    Level:
    Guild:
    n/a
    Just weighing in with my 2 cents from the perspective of a player with fully washed 18x bowmaster (13khp) / 17x night lord (13khp) / 16x hero (30khp) with mules and ok funding but nowhere near the level of having perfect weapons. I Shao daily on my NL and hero, Krex daily on my BM and NL. Zakum on my BM and NL often, CWKPQ on my BM regularly (and NL and hero occasionally), and HT on my BM occasionally.

Since the patch came out, I have Shao'd 2x (NL, hero), krexed 4x (duo attacking on BM and NL), Zak'd 2x (duo attacking on BM and NL), CWK'd 2x (BM, with NL in party), and HT'd 1x (BM, with a party of 3 NLs). Having read the update notes since it came out, I expected my NL and NLs in my party to get knocked around a couple more times, and have noticed so, but it did not affect my practical game play.

I read through this thread, though I can't say I have read every post in detail, and I was genuinely shocked by the extremely negative feedback upon reading this thread on NLs, as I did not notice such large differences based on my game play. However, I agree with the points that 1) changes should be communicated better/with consultation with the community and 2) based on what I read, the nerf should not affect shadowers.

Dong, knetterzak, Dasha and 6 others like this.
  11. Decentralized

Decentralized Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Benu
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    NL main here, it's been a lot tougher in HT to multi client with NL with half the avoidability as before but still do-able in a sense. Takes way longer which I see the difference in HT book prices which isn't a terrible thing for the market. Overall not a fan of the change especially in Zak because of all the annoying stuns now LOL. I hope this changes back but no idea if it will.

I kinda wish there was some sort of a notice before this change but oh wells

If any NL knows how to CWK well lmk pls. I tried it once and it was a rough run of dispels lol

12. LaX321

LaX321 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LaX32
    +1 to this! why so much nerf to avoid??!! im a 135 nl my avoid went from 500+ to 317 WTF??!! now map 1 mob in TOT just hit me whenever shadow shifter no proc zzzz I just spent all my resources to this new NL and this is what I get, so much disappointment to this server. Who came out the idea to nerf avoid for thief class like taking away the uniqueness of the class away, you do not deserve the word "nostalgic".

p.s. why not next changes you nerf warrior hp increase, mage int to 0.6 MA, bowman dex less affect on damage and acc, this suit your way of thinking.

13. PosterYellow

PosterYellow Donator

Generally speaking most of my sentiments about the current nerf has been stated in this thread ^.

Another thing to note is that for the past recent patches, thieves have receive the most number of barriers to play

-Alchemist
    -Stars recharge rate increased
    -Shadow shifter
    -Avoidability

For many low-mid funded players, these will only impact their quality of lives the most.

There may be better alternative to go about with the class balancing in this server.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2021
    Evan, LaX321 and chengteng like this.
  14. Levi0sa

Levi0sa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MetroSmexual
    Level:
    15X
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I was really looking forward to making a shadower class and have a level 7 character fresh off noob island ready to go. I might rethink this though due to the nerf. The avoid is half the fun of the class. After reading the thread; if changing a few %’s of a skill would be a better balance option as suggested by some of the players, why don’t we give this option a try?

Seeing all the misses against other shad players was really inspirational for why I wanted to make the class. Sure it’s still okay but it’s not as great as it was and this is a class that already is non-meta. This is unfortunate to see happen.

Perhaps a suggestion going into the future for these types of changes would be to make a stickied post on feedback asking for opinions to the problem and having an in-game banner announcement letting players know about it so everyone can see what’s being discussed?

Even though staff has probably discussed and tested these changes in earnest, it would be nice to see more community involvement before making changes of this magnitude!

For now I’ll stick to my bishop main and quest some more since there’s a new medal I’ve yet to get!

Darklit, Dong, Raony and 1 other person like this.
  15. CupOfJoe

CupOfJoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CupOfJoe
    Level:
    Guild:
    n/a
    The BM/MM in the party should be dealing with the pirate boss. The archer can summon a puppet to the ground below pirate boss. The pirate will aggravate toward the puppet and will not be attacking at all. It may not work 100% of the time, but usually works within 1-2 attempts. The archer will just have to re-summon the puppet every minute when it expires (assuming max puppet).

If the archer doesn't know this trick or if there are multiple attackers on the pirate boss, the NL/other ranged attackers should be staying as far from the pirate boss as possible. The longer range you are at, the less likely you will be dispelled. Also, the recent avoid nerf should not have affected the rate of dispel.

DeCero and sparky95 like this.
  16. Hugoob

Hugoob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hugoob
    I don't know if I'm allowed to plug this, but here's a video I recorded post update as an average Shadower running Horntail in a regular party. Not only is this nerf way worse for Shadowers in particular, the DPS loss from having to constantly jump back onto the platform basically means there is no point in having one as an attacker in your party. You may as well have a Hero, DrK, or hell, even another SE in the party instead, and you'd be better off.

Now imagine if we didn't have a SED mule in the run; my DPS would be cut down even further.

Jen123, HelloFineSir, MaiAh and 12 others like this.
  17. Wilio

Wilio Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Winly
    Level:
    I am the NL main player who has returned to Maple Royals little by little after a long absence.

I was very shocked about this patch change.

The high evasion rate of NL / shad is their strong personality and a major feature of Nostalgic MapleStory.

I just ran pap on NL a little after the patch, but I felt that the avoidance rate was blatantly reduced even for a short time.

I don't know what kind of intention adjustment it is,
    NL is strong when SE is provided, but weak when SE is not provided.
    An archer who can provide SE and play an active role as an attacker.
    Sair is the strongest when on board a ship, but weaker when the ship breaks.
    I think it was originally balanced.

This may be a rude question, but did the people who decided on this nerf actually play Norstagic MapleStory?

It is hard to say that the specification change that removes the characteristics of the job is a reproduction of the nostalgic MapleStory.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Raony likes this.
  18. steamkong

steamkong Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    Dps class that cannot be good dps while gear is so exp, good avoidbility class with (4th job shadow shifter) << change it to 3rd job skill perhaps? that cant dodge xD.
    Aready not nostalgic since patch 65~
    And yea the funny part is other class was happy becuz of nl nerf they didt know without NL in party their boss run gonna be slower aAJAJJAJAJa
    Here not path of exile always nerf, nerfing in pve private server kinda weird~
    Balancing? Every class got pros and cons choose which u feel better to play~U choose it u accept the pros and cons!Thats how pve games works.
    I remember theres a game 3 melee and 3 range class, their dps was same only with diffrent skin and animation, that what i called balance hahahaha, but whats the point making diffrent class then?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Daisies, Vares ♠️ and Xem0boyx like this.
  19. steamkong

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    While ppl think this is thief nerf , but from what i see this is nerfing everyboss run, cuz this is confirm absolutely gonna be slower~if ppl quit nl to play other buff classes... yea boss run gonna be slower again without nl shadower~I kinda regret playing NL main and not washed to more than 20k hp now xD, but is ok since after patch 65, im just voting and gacha~

20. steamkong

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    More nerf on NL, less dps ,less NL ,boss run slower, happy mapling~