Phantom Forest - Basic Navigation for Clueless people

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Gillies, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Gillies

Gillies Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]Phantom Forest - Basic Navigation for Clueless people[​IMG]
    • Are you tired of always getting lost in the Phantom Forest? Are you tired of spending teleport stones in order to get where your friends are killing a bigfoot? Tired of guessing portals until you get to the place you want to go? Well, this guide is for you.
    • This guide is made for clueless people like once I was so it is really simple so everyone can understand. With enough practice this patterns will be memorized and you will have a pretty good idea where you are going based on the learned patterns, or you can just always leave the map below open.
    [​IMG]Why I need to walk around the Phantom Forest?[​IMG]
    1. Hunt Headless Horseman, easily killed, somewhat good xp, good nx drops. Drops HH head.
    2. Hunt Big Foot, somewhat easily killed, very good xp, some people told me that it drops a toe, never happens to me though.
    3. Get a Deputy Star by completing the Bounty Hunter Quest (Level 80, needs 1 HH head, 1 Bigfoot Toe, 30 Soiled Rags, 30 Lucky Charms).
    4. Money Farm at Leprechuams at Creeping Evil. They are easily killed (you can Afk with a summon or if you are a beginner in need of money you can 1v1 them) and drops a lot of items that can be sold at NPC for fast money. Be careful a HH can spawn. This place is also a very good place to level from 40~50. The mobs are easily killed while you are spamming your skill, the xp is good and the Fool's gold quest gives A LOT of xp(50k first time, 25k repeatable - without the 3.2x multiplier).
    5. Go to Crimsonwood Keep. The place where you can find Wildriders(65+ leech), Stormbreakers(75+leech) and the CWKPQ. I recommend doing the prequests in order to skip a lot of maps and the jump quest.

[​IMG]I don't want to read or learn anything[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    > I grabbed a map I found online and edited with some pics for a fast consultation. Really this map is the entire guide, just save it as a desktop background.
    So you only need to know this things and you can start using the map:
    1. The arrows shows where the portals go.
    2. Where is a toe or a HH head the monster spawns there. If its highlighted it means the monster is inside a hidden map, usually this hidden maps portals are over arrow-signs, somewhat around the location I placed the item.
    [​IMG]General Tips[​IMG]
    1. Always kill a mob because sometimes the monster will not spawn. This sometimes is not possible on some maps, for exemple crossroads, when sometimes all the monsters will be packed in the upper part of the map. The only way to kill is to go to the upper part of the map or some classes like pirates can kill them using the Seagull(Video thanks to Inusama). Also, Genesis and Air Strike can kill those mobs.

2. For leeching, you need to be -5 levels of the monster, so for Headless horseman you need to be lvl 96(level 101) and for Big Foot you need to be 105(level 110)

3. In Royals the reset timer is random, changing -20% or +20% the normal spawn time. So for Headless horseman, his spawn time is
    6 hours (4h48m to 7h12m) and for Big Foot is 12 hours (9h36m to 14h24m).

Always bring a HS for that extra xp and to help a fellow friend. He can help you hunt, kill mobs while you pin BF, give you HS and make things more fun and bearable. There is always a HS loafing around on the FM so ask them if they want some free xp. Priests around 105-120 also are always in search for a Big Foot killer because the xp is very good for them.

5. If you plan to sell bigfoot toe/headless horseman head bring a smega or find someone that wants the item so they can grab it if it drops. Take out your pet item that grabs items so you can avoid him stealing for your buyer (already saw that happen, the buyer was desperate for a toe and when it finally dropped the pet destroyed his dreams, fun to watch nonetheless).

6. Remember that with time the item will disapear (AROUND 3 minutes) or it will be able to be looted by strangers. People can just come, say that they don't want to buy, and then grab it so be careful. Set a timer and get careful to not lose a toe to Chronos.

7. You can get a
    new "path" of ways to walk around with the item called "Map of the Phantom Forest". This item lets you use special portals that create new ways to walk around.[Here, Map showing in green the new paths]. You get this item doing some quests that are also needed to do the CWKPQ, so you might aswell get it some day. (Guide for the prequests down below).

8. You can do a simple quest from Gorge (get 50 Phantom Seeds) and unlock a secret shop from the bald fella [​IMG] and he sells useful stuff such as All Cures, +4 arrows and Cider (20wa for 5minutes, 1 slot per inventory).
    [​IMG]
    Hunting Headless Horseman (4h48m to 7h12m)

My rationale: In order to memorize trough all the maps I remember that I can achieve Crossroads (1) and Crossroads (2) from the bent tree map. The Crossroads (3) is achiavable by doing Right then Left from the Gorge. The rest its simple: The first one is at the hauted house(Hollowed Ground), the other is at the sign of bent tree(Hidden Evil), the other is at the sign of the right lower portal from bent tree(Creeping Evil). Go to Forgetten Path(Paths explained in BF rationale), where there is one HH, and then also the sign on the way up can lead you to Evil Rising.

1. Hollowed Ground
    > Get to the Hunted House, then enter in the secret portal that is just before the real portal at the right edge.
    Comments: This map is a good one, the only annoyance is that you will go back at Hauted House every time you cc. From my personal experience I easily find HH here, maybe because people don't go here as much.

2. Hidden Evil

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go the the right upper part of the map, on the plataform where is the portal there is an arrow sign, enter by pressing up.
    3. Creeping Evil
    > Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the rightmost lower portal. Then Go up the Hill until you find an arrow sign, enter by pressing up.
    Comments: Here is also the place where you farm money.

4. Forgetten Path

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go rightportal, right portal again.
    Comments: This place is the main map of this Forest. There is both HH and Bigfoot. The upper part is only achiavable by other portals.

5. Crossroads (1)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to central portal.
    Comments: Always kill the trees and wait for the HH. Sometimes theres too much monsters on the upper part of the map so you cannot do anything about it. So when that happens you need to go to the upper part of the map, kill monsters and go down.

6. Crossroads (2)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper rightmost portal.
    Comments: Always kill the trees and wait for the HH. Sometimes theres too much monsters on the upper part of the map so you cannot do anything about it. So when that happens you need to go to the upper part of the map, kill monsters and go down.

6. Crossroads (3)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then right portal then left portal.
    Comments: Always kill the trees and wait for the HH. Sometimes theres too much monster on the upper part of the map so you cannot do anything about it. So when that happens you need to go to the upper part of the map, kill monsters and go down.

7. The Evil Dead

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go right portal, go all the way to the last right portal. Then go left until the second last portal (Its the 2nd portal you will see walking <<<). Then left portal. Now on Fogetten Path go walking >> and << until you find the arrowsign. Press up to enter.
    Comments: This place also has a bigfoot and some annoying ghosts. Since its the hardest one to get to and most people are lazy/don't like the ghosts this place is usually packed with bosses.

[​IMG]
    Hunting Bigfoot (9h36m to 14h24m)
    My rationale: I like to remember the path trough Gorge. There are 2 ways from gorge, left where you go TP1 and right where you go TP4. From the left, you can travel leftmost to get to TP2, and then left again you will land on Phantom Road, where theres a sign with a hidden Evil Rising. At Phantom Road, head to the rightmost and you will get to TP3. Use return scroll and back to gorge. Go right for TP4, then rightmost to TP5. Now you have walked trough all the TPs! For extra steps, go to the 2nd left portal and you will be at the top of Crossroads(3), go left and you will be at the top of Forgetten Path. From now you can go down and find a BF(Also, you can get to FP by going to the right portal from TP4(2 rights from gorge)) or go up and enter the sign where there will be other at Evil Dead.
    1. Twisted Paths (1)
    > Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go left portal.
    Comments: I hate those wraiths. Look for the random mage robe/glove they drop because if they have a lot of int they are worth quite a lot.

2. Twisted Paths (2)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go left portal. Then go to leftmost portal.
    Comments: I hate those wraiths. Look for the random mage robe/glove they drop because if they have a lot of int they are worth quite a lot.

3. Twisted Paths (3)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to central portal. Then leftmost portal.
    Comments: I hate those wraiths. Look for the random mage robe[I]/glove[/I] they drop because if they have a lot of int they are worth quite a lot.

4. Twisted Paths (4)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper rightmost portal(Gorge). Then go left portal.

5. Twisted Paths (5)

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper rightmost portal(Gorge). Then go left portal. Then go rightmost portal.
    Comments: I hate those wraiths. Look for the random mage robe/glove they drop because if they have a lot of int they are worth it quite a lot.

6. Forgetten Path

> Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go right portal, right portal again.
    Comments: This place is the main map of this Forest. There is both HH and Bigfoot. The upper part is only achiavable by other portals.

7. The Evil Dead
    > Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go right portal, go all the way to the last right portal. Then go left until the second last portal(Its the 2nd portal you will see walking <<<). Then left portal. Now on Fogetten Path go walking >> and << until you find the arrowsign. Press up to enter.
    Comments: This place also has a HH and some annoying ghosts. Since its the hardest one to get to and most people are lazy/don't like the ghosts this place is usually packed with bosses.

8. Evil Rising
    > Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the central portal. Then lefmost portal, then rightmost portal. Climb the hill and find the arrowsign. press up to enter.
    Comments: The flying annyoing ghost and the Jr. annoying ghost are all here.

[​IMG]
    Going to Leprechaun Farming
    Creeping Evil
    > Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the rightmost lower portal. Then Go up the Hill until you find an arrow sign, enter by pressing up.
    Comments: CAREFUL LOW LEVELS: There's the purple ghost here that can hit 3200 damage. If you cannot handle this be careful with them. You can still go here but You have to be lucky and not find one in your way. If you have dark sight or magic guard you can handle a hit though. Leprechaun are good for farming because they easily drop equippement that can be NPCed. In this map you get 2 near each other that spawn relatively fast. If you stay in the middle of them with a summon you can kill both. If you are a low level class with a good AoE skill you can also manually farm here if u need money fast.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Going to Crimsonwood Keep
    Forgetten Path, Upper Part
    > Get to the Hunted House, then bent tree. Go to the upper leftmost portal(Gorge). Then go right portal, go all the way to the last right portal. Then go left until the second last portal(Its the 2nd portal you will see walking <<<). Then left portal. Now on Fogetten Path go walking >> and << until you get to the leftmost upper portal. Now you have to get around that big spinning thing that will 1 shot you.
    Related Links:

Last Update:
    • Corrected some typos, reorganized things, added icons and added some useful links.
    • Added my rationale of how I memorized all the useful paths.
    • Added a tip to unlock a shop inside the Gorge.
    • The correct timer and a warning about elderwraith for low levels on Leprechuans.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    * If you have some relevant information about the Phantom Forest that is not listed here please cotribute to this guide and post it down below!
    **Any critiques are welcome!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Gert, Nanoboom, Voper and 9 others like this.
  2. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

3. Zach299

Zach299 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zach299
    Level:
    Amazing guide, as an i/l I benefit a lot from hunting HH. Thank you very much

Gillies likes this.
  4. Inusama

Inusama Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Inusama
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Here's a video explaining this. High jump is required to make it across however!

Gillies likes this.
  5. Gillies

Gillies Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yep, that was the video I learned from(From the Corsair Guide).

Thanks for creating the video and posting it here :)