[Pink Bean] Comprehensive Guide to Pre-Quests + Boss

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Christopher Chance, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Neshium

Neshium Donator

IGN:
    Pact
    Level:
    Guild:
    Synergy
    Crash is useless in v62, and I don't think it gets better with v72 or v86 buffs. Right now, the crashes only debuff the minor buffs mobs cast on themselves (the little icons above skeles, for example). They have no cooldown, and each warrior class has a different one. Crusaders have Armor Crash, Dragon Knights have Power Crash, and White Knights have Magic Crash.

2. Christopher Chance

Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

I'm well aware it's useless as it is right now on v62. Though to be fair I'm not entirely sure whether or not it gets better at v83 or if that was done much later. Thats why i mentioned waiting for official announcement on the v83 skills information first before updating it; to verify it first.

I just remembered it being very helpful in some of the runs I did on a certain version (might as well have been during the Empress era instead) as I've done it both ways; while magic crash wasn't available (following DR timing as usual) and when it was (using 3x magic crash timing method).

Anyway in response to @egonic, I'm not entirely sure about this myself but according to research it looks like damage from DR ranges from 5,000 to 15,000, though this was from a post-bb source. It could be different pre-bb. I used to think it one-hits you instead because it happens pretty fast.

Andreas likes this.
  3. Wuss

Wuss Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Wuss
    One of the reasons why Pink Bean was so hard to kill pre-potential, is because most of the ranged attackers did not hp wash, so when they got to pink beans, most of their DPS was gone.
    Perhaps if Pink Bean were to come out, the server could possible nerf the damage he does, to make a kill more realistic, along with adding extra time.

Gangsta and xieyo like this.
  4. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Thus taking away from the challenge. We don't need another easy boss that just anyone can go up against. We need something truly challenging for endgame.

Kloss and xxTuzixx like this.
  5. GriZ

GriZ Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MidN
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I believe there was enough ranged attackers that did hp wash in GMS. The big thing was understanding how PB actually works (easy exemple is damage reflection) and to make it alive in time (7,6B hp in 1 hour).
    I know some people were using this at PB (glitch abuse? maybe someone can confirm this):

[​IMG]
    Agreed. Pink Bean isnt suppose to be the kind of boss people can go "yolo" on. The only way I see a possible nerf to time limit is if new source can't support 30 people raid (multiple DC or server lagg.)
    I know pink bean used to sometime drop multiple MW30 books and timeless weap so there is no reason to make it easy.

Edit: If I was to participate in PB expedition I would like it the same way it was in GMS

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  6. Christopher Chance

Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

Bear in mind it is yet to be decided whether or not we will actually have Pink Bean in the server.
    From the time this Guide was made to today, i've seen an increase in the number of players (ranged attackers) washing to have enough HP to survive Pink Bean (with HB at least). Not to mention 30k HP NLs (not that its necessary), i know of 4-5 players working towards such a goal, excluding myself. If anything, we just need most of these players to reach the required/recommended Level (175), and have decent enough gears to contribute to the DPS, which might take awhile.

As for adding extra time, (if it were ever to be the case) I feel an additional 30 minutes or 1 hour would be the maximum it should be extended, to allow for a successful kill and still maintain a challenge. We definitely wouldn't want Pink Bean to be killed as easily and often as Horntail is right now. In my opinion it should be an organized battle that requires at the very least 3-4 parties to come together to ensure a successful run.

Wheel of Fortune was used in officials yes, not a glitch abuse but an intended function. That allows for Players to be 'less focused' and simply revive themselves if they died (if they were able to afford them). Given that players could stock up on many of these, and NX is free in Royals, Pink Bean wouldn't be as hard as a challenge anymore. This item can also be used in places like Zakum and Horntail as well, so i doubt we'd ever have them here in Royals. It's definitely possible to survive Pink Bean without any WoFs, as you've said; understanding how PB works.

If Pink Bean were to be released, it'd definitely be a struggle at first, with numerous failed runs just to provide the Squad a better understanding as to how the Statues & Pink Bean works. The challenge in forming an Expedition of 4-5 parties, getting everyone together, surviving, and at the same time providing enough DPS (everyone probably has to Apple) to kill it within the Time Limit is what makes this a true End Game Boss.

GriZ likes this.
  7. GriZ

GriZ Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MidN
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Thank you for confirmation @Christopher Chance. Maybe I wasn't clear in first post but I don't want Wheels to be released but it's something I remembered using.
    Yes apples are mandatory and maybe Naricain's Demon Elixir who knows [;)]
    Anyways it's all speculation since PB isnt confirmed yet.

8. Wuss

Wuss Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Wuss
    I think 30 minutes would be the maximum amount of time needed to be added to be able to kill Pink Bean.
    I have seen videos where parties have gotten to Pink Bean with a good amount of time left (Pre-Potential)

Andreas likes this.
  9. Bite

Bite Well-Known Member

Maybe add a death count for PB like 10 deaths per party OR only allow wheels (Priced higher) to be bought into PB with a limit of maybe 3-5 per person.
    But this may lead to more coding for developers...easier said than done

10. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    Pink Bean if released will need a full 30 people joining and I don't think making it easier should be a thing.

11. maiyoii

maiyoii Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    lightglow
    Level:
    so Andreas, is it going to be released? how much hp do we nid?