Poll: Multi-clienting should be controlled

Discussion in 'Closed' started by kisuza, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Should Multiclient be reviewed?

1. Yes - it kills the human interaction

27 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. No - its not that bad

47 vote(s)
    54.0%
  3. Screw it - Max yield is everything

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dommetrut

Dommetrut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sesam
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tulips
    Would it be possible to disable multiclienting at certain maps? That way Stopper farm maps and some mini boss maps wouldn't have 10 channels occupied by the same person.

2. Hampa

Hampa Donator

max yield is the thing, competitive players will always be competitive no matter what obstacles you put in their way, new players with lower range, less dps or unnecessary perks will always be last on their list for who to recruit on their runs.

The whole thing about gms couldn't open more than one client/computer was just a small obstacle for any competitive player, I remember when I started playing you could open one client on each windows user account so you could simply just create multiple accounts and launch clients that way.

I don't think that the supply of buffs was the driving factor behind people creating buff mules rather it is back to the competitive mindset again people saw an opportunity to make more mesos and exp.
    Like I said in my previous post I don't think that the competitive "max yield" people would start recruiting more people to their runs just because you enforce some rule about how many clients you're allowed to run at bosses.

Anesthetize likes this.
  3. kisuza

kisuza Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, that is what the other server did. And I do recall seeing at least 5 same users hogging stopper maps, ign: Kazuma+<number codes>.

Yes, I know competitive players will do anything they can to maximise their yield, even if it means doing something bannable. I think by disallowing multiclient, we can "weed out" the not-so-competitive players, leaving only the super-competitive (or tryhards) doing these. We cant solve the problem completely, but we can control it.

4. kisuza

kisuza Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I believe this is exactly the key driver of bringing mules. This will look very terrible when CWKPQ is launched, we might see CWKPQ done by only 2 players.

5. Hampa

Hampa Donator

I don't think trying to force people who do small party runs to bring more people on their runs will have any positive impact for the majority of the players who currently have a hard time getting into bossing parties, it will just mess with the people trying to run with small groups and you've not mentioned any good reason as to why these people should not be allowed to put in more work for bigger reward which is basically what they are doing. Like 2 players duoing cwkpq I have no clue what would be so terrible about that scenario, they are doing the work of multiple people and yielding the reward for the work they put in.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    They already removed the FM button and something like this seems like it's in the same category with the same goal.

7. kisuza

kisuza Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I guess the point is it takes away the party opportunity for non-competitive players. Yes, we can form our own 6/6 party, but nobody would join us because they (other non-competitive players) would expect like a krex trio, a mindset developed due to seeing those trio krex smegas.

In regards to the cwkpq duo; I will face difficulties recruiting members if im not competitive. I can say this based on my experience in organising a Charity cwkpq in the other server. Although clearly stated "CHARITY RUN", they expect a small party so they get more bonuses. This is probably because they are used to seeing all the competitive styles, and then perceive that as a standard; anything below that is not-worth a go.

8. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    So your goal is to basically force competitive players to let noncompetitive (casual) players who put in far less work and effort than them into their runs...? And in your eyes casuals can't party with each other because they want to follow in the footsteps of competitive players by having small parties despite not putting in the time or effort to make themselves capable of realistically taking it down with so few people?

You want small parties? Put in the work-get strong enough to kill it with a small party and spend the time making the mules (SE, HS, SI, w/e) needed to do so. Otherwise party with other casuals and adopt a realistic approach in that you aren't able to attain the same benefits as the competitive players because you haven't put in the work to earn it. The issue isn't competitive players making small parties with mules created through their own hard work, it's casuals thinking they're entitled to the same benefits (profit margins/bonuses/exp) as the competitive players are despite putting in a fraction of the time and effort.

akash and Hampa like this.
  9. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    This is an mmorpg and one of the most important things it can offer is balance between the content (classes, maps, bosses) and building an environment where players willingly socialize and need one another for the content. All of that is controlled mostly by the people who run the game. They know that and that's why they tried doing things like removing telecasting, fm button, major boss 2 times a day, apq limit etc. Multiple clients makes it so a player needs to rely less on others and can do more content alone and if he's off soloing some big area, then that's less people available for the party aspect which affects classes, maps, bosses, parties. If you affect that heavily then the people who were in search of parties end up making their own mules and people + some classes will lose social and class strengths.

There's a nice feeling for any player, but mostly a casual one to pick a class like a Buccaneer, get invited to a party and actually contribute with SI. It isn't just about having connections and friends to do things with as much as some people like to say that that's all there is. When you get your Bishop to bossing level and people want you there not just cause of you, but because of the class you went through 155 levels with cause of the benefits it provides to help everyone out, it's a great feeling. Most people don't wanna just get invited or participate in things like charity, they want to feel like they played a major part. Stuff like that gets diminished a bit if someone like me just has one on standby to invite after expelling the actual 6th important party member and reinviting him. Specifically for this thread it hurts players that want to main an entirely new class, because their current one just isn't as good or can be used too much as a mule.

I don't mind multi-client that much personally, but I don't like how easy it is. I can just sit my Bishop and Archer at Krexel/Zakum, take a 10 minute stroll and they'll still be alive. I just need to give the animals some pet food once in awhile, but my characters aren't gonna die as long as I don't mess with that specific maple client.

David2016 likes this.
  10. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Bumping this as it seems to be a hot topic elsewhere on the forum at the moment and doesn't have an active feedback thread.

Johnny and Gert like this.
  11. HealBell

HealBell Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HealBell
    It's the root of a lot of issues and should either be removed or limited to 2 per person. You can enforce that limit by either setting a hard cap of 2 characters per IP or by creating a launcher and limiting it that way.
    I don't have a suggestion for the use of VMware. I feel like if Royals fixed the crashing issues with bosses and such, it wouldn't be as prevalent to begin with, but that is an entirely different conversation.

12. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    if a balanced and high quality mmo is what you're looking for i'm not sure an old school maplestory private server is the place to do it

13. HealBell

HealBell Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HealBell
    Yeah you're right. I guess I shouldn't expect improvements/changes in gameplay on a private server. Might as well delete the Feedback section if that is your stance on things.

Tsue likes this.
  14. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    just wondering @Matt on the players online list is that accounts or unique ip/mac/hwids?

Gert likes this.
  15. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    glad u got my message :)

16. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level: