Class/Skill Rework Destroyed Park 2 to make solo AM leech more viable

Discussion in 'Closed' started by UrbanJuggernaut, Feb 2, 2021.

?

Should Destroyed Park 2 be reworked?

1. Yes

85 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    37.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Bump for visibility. Would really appreciate any additional feedback from staff on what they think of the proposed change and how feasible it is.

CreamGoddess likes this.
  2. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I see more and more smegas selling high end mage gear as there is no reason to have a strong/high level AM currently. If not a proper endgame leeching map, what about a high level farming map with exclusive drops locked behind certain elemental weaknesses?

CreamGoddess, Jen123 and MaiAh like this.
  3. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Alittle off topic to your original post, sorry about that!

Recently I've been inspired by a certain player that owns several high level & geared archmage. Kinda watched them farm in Ellin forest and oh boy it is actually quite very interesting.

You will require several sets of decent mage gears, well leveled archmages and a buddy to work with.
    Simply because the map is too big and inefficient to loot with, just imagine a you and your buddy both owns quad mage farmers + looter client.
    you guys will share chnl 1 & 2.
    He will take the bottom half, and you will take the top half.
    Suddenly that big map isn't too big huh haha!

Having this gearset will allow you to farm a map 1hit with interesting drops and a certain amount of monopoly to this part of the game.

Unique Drops such as ellin crystal , Earring for Str 70% and good stuff like king cent which is always a profit when a blue tag comes out, seems like they are actually quite common too!

I wonder how will NT & ToT farming fair out using this similar strategy as well.
    Maps such as Neo Tokyo Skies 1 with an amazing spawn rate for example.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I'd be interested to hear more about this method, but a couple things;

1. Whats the advantage over Ulu besides less people do it? Ellin requires prequests and is also in a much more inconvenient location compared to CBD. Is the TMA requirement lower or drop table overall better?

2. Sort of tied to the first question, but since this is a lower level area, it doesn't really lend itself to be rewarding to a strong AM as it likely requires similar TMA to Ulu, though I'm not sure on the hard numbers.

While this does sound interesting I don't think it really helps the current predicament of high level AMs geared to 1 hit high level mobs not really having anywhere worthwhile to go on a consistent basis.

CreamGoddess and Jooon like this.
  5. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I haven't tried it personally or neither haven't gotten absolute accurate numbers for it, but i'll share what I can and what i think its true.

Before i share about farming since multiclient mages got such a big nerf , potion cost & difficulty boost.
    I'd rather sell skele leech that has low potion cost, and 200mil/h or what your thread is mostly about, trio duku leech and top it off with like 3 or 4 stopper clients to aim for 300mil/h than farming.
    So yep. rip farming is kinda YIKES.
    But in return you do not need to search for buyers and can stop anytime so...

#1 Ulu prices right now is kinda awkward, the rare drops are basically having a beautiful undercut war left and right.
    Quad ulu + looter on good rotations 155mil/h
    it comes with quite a ridiculous potion cost, simply due to using 4 mages.
    basically thats the biggest drawback.
    I'd get a 12/56 RC. back then before nerf around a full 48hours (not 2 days) worth of farm.
    Right now, oh boy good luck lol.

The TMA requirement is higher for sure. alot higher, my own bishop can't 1hit so..
    LOL but if IT works , this is where geared archmages will shine.
    Comparing the drops against ulu. these Earring STR % demand is alot higher with lower supply, lets just say you can get 10 in an hour, which is what that player shared to me during his session.
    i'll let you do the math on regards to the possible income! :p
    Btw whoever reading this, if u want a easy merch, heres an owl for you.
    upload_2021-2-26_0-30-25.png

Don't forget ! These ETC right now are still in demand for prequests. Not sure if they will sell too well if you flood your own market though.
    Meanwhile.
    Shogun earrings 6str goes for hmm. 700mil?
    lets just say you pass x5 70% on it.
    its similar yet not so similar to trying to scroll a 10dex earring.
    Your return will be : https://royals.ms/forum/threads/16-str-shogun-earrings.185618/

Basically, the moment you have a solid monopoly on a certain market, you will definitely earn more then having competitors with prices in the game.
    How many decked out archmages are there in the server in 2021, or players willing to invest on them i wonder.

-------

#2 Ellin mobs have quite a damage resistance to your mage ultimates. give it a try i guess if your bored, but its kinda hard to 1hit with bishops i guess?

6. AshPile

AshPile Donator

IGN:
    AshPile

Looks like you haven't done Ellin prequests with mages... Entire Ellin forest mobs are resistant to holy and elemental damages so getting a 1 hit on Ellin mobs with mages is very difficult, especially with bishop. I honestly was very surprised when Joon said some people are farming there with mages because that would require pretty OP gears, unless the farmers are farming only on select mobs without elemental resistance, i.e. blizzard farming on fire resistant mobs, etc.

I do agree with you in some points. It is way easier to spam ults with empty geared mages in duku than farming in Ellin Forest, not to mention the profits you make in duku leech. I don't think developers designed AM to be empty equipped mule character who are not destined to go beyond level 130. So I do think something is wrong with current meta.

7. BobTheBlack

BobTheBlack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BobTheBlack
    I'm completely against buffing low level maps. I don't see why you would be rewarding people for making a really easy and cheaply funded mule, keeping it at 140-150 to sell leech. That is all this buff would do...

It would be nice having another spot to train but behind a massive damage/level wall so it can't be abused by Mulestory. The new areas like Neo Tokyo and Ellin were nice to explore but training with CL is much slower even with increased exp. I've been hitting the damage cap for a little while and it would be nice to have a mob that has to be 2 shot, say with 399,997HP (for elemental weakness) or 255,000HP+/- so that you can't just waltz in there with minimal effort.

But a new area just for people to sell leech...? What is this server becoming -.-'

Jayelia, benkrong and MaiAh like this.
  8. Sennen

Sennen Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Succession
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Putting in my 2 cents on the matter.

Trio-Mage Duku was a mistake. It basically reinforced the idea that AMs are only useful for selling leech, while yes, even before Duku was reworked, Petri Leech was the primarily leeching spot for high levels, but at the very least, you were required to make time and investments to be able to one hit Petri (a decent Ele5/Ele7, TMA Shields, HTP, MW20). Trio-Mage Duku completely disregards that factor; yes, you had to invest time into making 3 AMs, but practically zero meso investments. Trio-Duku Mage makes too much profit for very little investment; where as before you at least need to make both time and meso investments for a long term profit, Trio-Mage Duku just meant that you need less time and meso investment for a short term profit.

pls no flame me, only putting my 2 cents

9. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    To clarify, this map was already buffed specifically to replace Petri in update 65.1. 1 hit Duku requires significantly more investment than Petri/Skele and isn't something a casual 14x-15x mage can just hop on. Its not a new area or a new map, its really just finishing the job they started.

CreamGoddess likes this.
  10. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I will see what my 1350 TMA FP can do, thanks for the idea!

CreamGoddess and Jooon like this.
  11. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Have fun! And if you do have the quad / hexa mage rates! Do share as well :love:

12. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    what happened to ".....make solo mage more viable "

~f7sigh mulestory... rip balance and future powercreeps when people abandoning their high lvl funded mages to make naked low lvl mage mules and exploit the limitless multiclienting

CreamGoddess likes this.
  13. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I agree with this sentiment. Back when archmage mains were voicing their complaints after the #65 patch nerf, I reiterated the need to emphasize archmage's grinding ability as opposed to the bishop's supportive role which extends to a leeching position. Although the accessibility of multi-client instigates the entry of archmages into the leech story, I believe it wasn't the right move for staff to further encourage it.

A highway was paved at the temple of time during patch #65 to encourage the migration of archmages. Unfortunately, it hardly affected the population of AMs who were already deeply rooted in the leech story. I still think this was a great move and similar changes should follow in the future to edify the variety of playstyles. For the sole purpose of balancing the scale with bishops, I think the elemental amplification mana cost buff was enough. It feels like the Duku maps were buffed as a hasty counterproposal to calm the rioting AMs at the time. It shouldn't be too late to consider the reversion of duku maps' buff now that we see its unwholesome effects.

Egoiste likes this.
  14. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I also suggested a potential spot for AMs to farm that are high lvl/HP and locked behind elemental weaknesses. If they really wanna get rid of leeching for everyone than fine, but if its gonna be around it should at least be balanced for everyone.

CreamGoddess, Skoyi and MaiAh like this.
  15. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    What would everybody think of a new Feedback that gives AMs an exclusive farming spot as opposed to a new leeching map? Something high level (to prevent leeching), high HP (to require funding and effort to 1 hit), and locked behind elemental weaknesses (to keep out Bishops) and with separate but equal drops for each element of mage (to keep a sense of individuality and pros/cons between the 2 AMs) with exclusive drops or just a generally stacked drop table (to make it worth)?

CreamGoddess likes this.
  16. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Temple of Time fits this description perfectly. I think if they work a little on the spawning positions of "eye of time" (hourglass) mobs, all the maps can become favorable farming locations for AMs.

Eli likes this.
  17. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    If anything allow archmages to not have resistance in neo tokyo would be good compared to using shadower/drk as the farmers.

Able to farm average 1 - 2 silver coin per minute with a single archmage :eek:

@sparky95
    Honestly i’m just suprised the server haven’t destroyed the economy by undercutting each other to 50mil/slot for trio duku and flattened skeles LOL.

——
    Well once pink bean is released, making a set of x4~6 per element mages and bishop with loot + door to farm for pieces of time will come eventually so theres no need for change imo.
    That will definitely be your archmage exclusive map.
    Try 1hitting those mobs with bishops! Yikes!

Ontop of that,
    OB4/5 Earring Str 60% and ROR4 with RC! Wow!
    Slap that high demand for your smile/neutral/angry mask for PB daily prequest :eek:

——
    Currently ToT memory lane 5 , the one with dodo gives helmet int 60% without a market competition as well. My last test (quad)was around 20mil NPC mesos but 11 helm int 60% in 30minute, not really the best nor a large enough sample size.
    But hey if you wanna try, theres no competition [;)]

Pretty sure a player can make around 150mil/h easily there in the future if your farming it with several mages.

BUT! The difference between ToT farming that will be probably good in the future against Ulu1 is
    NPC mesos for ToT isn’t good. Player isn’t “generating” 150mil mesos from killing these mobs but instead around 40-50mil/h (pot+tprock mesos)
    Meanwhile having a good supply of heavily demanded items resulting in exchange in mesos. So the supply of mesos into the economy stays stable? I wonder how will this effect the server.
    Or will just hacker inflate it again?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  18. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Might be hard to get a good farming spot for solo Archmages without it being too op for our quad mage farmers ^_^'

CreamGoddess and MaiAh like this.
  19. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I would disagree on a few points. While the elemental weakness aspect is there, its still fairly low investment to 1 hit your respective fire/ice weak mob. Its also not balanced as FP can't viably farm the highest tier of ToT due to their fire resistance. Its also still totally viable to leech there pre/early 4th job with the current levels of the mobs (91-131), nobody does it (anymore) because there are just better options that are easier to access. In its current state, the NPC rate is pretty garbage so the drop table would need significant buffs to be a worthwhile endeavor imo.

This sounds a lot better tbh. The investment required at NT is far higher than ToT, making it harder to multiclient @Zancks , and the boss kills to proceed and high level requirement would stop it from becoming a leeching map. The drop tables are already pretty solid and combined with Silver Coin drops, would make it a decent moneymaker for a funded AM. Adding some additional good stuff to NT in exchange for Silver Coins could help a lot, too.

CreamGoddess and Zancks like this.
  20. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I don’t think the boss will be too much of a problem.
    You need at least level requirement & the energy to hunt the ETC through for the prequests.
    Adding on top of that if you have around 1650+ TMA to 1hit.
    Then oh boy we’re tooking at something fun here.
    Basically to get the best mesos/h.
    You need to have actual good mage gears, and your mages need to be actually well levelled just to achieve that TMA.

Multiclienting will burn through your potion so heavily simply because those guys hit like a truck.

1 mage = 1coin/minute with roughly 70mil NPC mesos would make it into a good farming map imo.
    Right now the drop rates for equips no matter how much its buffed. Its still kinda cute.
    Aand theres no NPC there.. in NT, gotta run all the way out to zipangu.
    Imo that map needs alot work to be populated instead of just buffing the drops or adding cards that gives 10% coin drop.

tldr, a competitve alternative to duo/quad/hex mage farming would be a single well built mage farming.

i believe this is what your looking for? ~f14@UrbanJuggernaut

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    CreamGoddess, Charu, Jesseh and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.