In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. s934

s934 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    s934
    Yea tbh this describes my current royals experience perfectly. I login daily to collect this sweet reward, and then I log out.

Off-event average: 22 bees + 3k NX + 30 totems = 110m + 15m + 20m = 145m/40mins = 217.5m/hr. Not counting other drops or attack pots (1 apple 27 stopper run).
    Event average: 34 bees + 6k NX + 50 totems = 170m + 30m + 40m = 240m/40mins = 360m/hr. Same attack pots.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    Cynn and lxlx like this.
  2. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

You know, one of the earliest suggestions of just limiting this to maybe 2x a week, perhaps coupled with a higher ring drop rate solves many of the problems above without the insulting 25% mage nerf. But I guess certain players in this thread needed the satisfaction of seeing that nerf being applied, even though they have mages themselves to farm and can go to NT with their NLs to farm WS frags, Auf 10s, and EPs/Face 60s.

(Yes I know 10 or 11-figure meso EPs are rare, I have done dunas mage runs myself. You know what I mean, mages do not get huge windfalls like that from *their kind* of farming, so stop acting like everything that might be a viable alternative to multimage farming for mages must be nerfed.)

I was iffy on the fused timer at first but I suppose this is how you can gatekeep the earnings from people trying to bring their crappy shirtless deputy star master adventurer mage mules to RG.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    MaiAh likes this.
  3. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Adding on to my previous post,

Back then when i was still trying to earn mesos or grow my wealth, i always found it interesting that different players had different ways of earning mesos like,
    Should I invest in making multiple mages to multimage farm stuff?
    Should I invest my time in FM looking for deals and flipping them for profit?
    Should I invest in gearing my attacker so i can provide bossing services to players?
    Should I invest in getting a MW20 bishop and hitting certain TMA to provide leech service to players?
    Should I invest my time in hunting sets like silvermane / honey ?
    Should I invest my time in hunting map bosses for NX?
    Should I invest my time in making bunch of low level characters to farm apples?

The intricacies and depth of earning mesos is pretty much gutted ever since rose garden got released, which is kinda sad, because part of what made the game fun for me at least, was considering the various different ways to earn mesos, like for real, how many of you have spent time looking up mapleroyals library, and tried theorycrafting a meso earning method, because i know i have! But there's hardly any more of that, there's only one formula to earn mesos right now, that is to do rose garden, and do more rose garden.

MengQian, Kloss, Seyu and 8 others like this.
  4. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Forgive me for generalizing too much but I’m gonna go really deep for this opinion.

You asian players are just built different.

From what I can tell as someome who plays often during Asia peak hours (7-9am for me), Rose Garden is so much more full it feels during TW/SG/MY night hours.

As a western player, I don’t see it very abusive. Most of my NA friends, maybe around 1/4 or 1/5 do bonus room still, and most of them only do like 1-2 charas. If NA players know what I’m talking about, NA weekends is soo dead, from what seems like noon to at least 9pm its so empty until late gamers and early asian players get online at 10-11am.

People look at me as an anomaly still RGing on 3 bons 1 boss only. But I have to, I farm too much stopper to sell unless I want to crash my own market. And I like the grind.

Most western royalers aren’t used to or just don’t want to hard grind. Most of the pop. here in my opinion make mesos from bossing. Most of my friends this event are just paping, zaking, ellin, ht, and area boss farming lol. Outside of my NA friends in Rogue, I don’t know a single Western player farming ulu/pepe outside of like Ras and Obfsucate, and they’re in Create so not that makes much of a difference.

You have the faces of Western Royalers right now as FordNation horntailing until he can cs spree again and boom his money for like the fifth time.

The gap in playerbase gameplay is very interesting to me. We are truly a 4fun region

So to conclude, just nerf bees during Asia peak hours, jk. :garnet::pepehug:

Succubus, tazan, NasiLemak and 2 others like this.
  5. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    i forgot asian people don't exist outside of asia

6. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    i think you're missing the point that i'm trying (and apparently failing) to get across. It's not about rose garden being abusable, it's about mapleroyals losing its depth with the current reward system of rose garden. It's no longer a contest on which meso earning method is better, players don't need to consider any options anymore, it's become a one dimensional route, create a character -> get to level 170 -> rose garden everyday.

Let's say you only got an hour to earn mesos everyday, how would you do it? Ask any player that, and it's almost always gonna be rose garden.

Aeronautics, Donn1e, Doo and 3 others like this.
  7. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Out of curiosity, any meta RG classes who apple-ed during RG bonus here willing to share with me how many bees you get during event?

Even more curious if you got the 1.2x drop/exp rate coupon which stacks with the server wide 1.3x drop rate.

Most I got (bm) was 51 bees with 1.56x drop rate (1.3x server + 1.2x drop coupon) with some days being 49,48,47,44,42 and unlucky day 36.

Now that the 1.2x drop coupon expired I can still get 42-44 bees in 28mins (my first two stages are always rigged)

Without this event buff I would be happy if I get 1 bee/minute which is what I usually call a wet RG run for me.

Would appreciate it a lot if you could share this info with me thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    Sylafia likes this.
  8. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Meta class but far from meta gear, But I got a one off 51 bees without the 1.2x coupon on my 197 drk using purely stoppers only. The rest of the times hover at around 40-ish, 36 being the lowest. I don't apple on drk because it's mostly a solid 3 tap on the mobs at map 1.

9. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    have you tried using apples? is it possible to hit 60 or 65 bee mark? that would be insane

10. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Apples won't allow me to 2 tap (consistently) thus I do not consider using them

11. Spotted

Spotted Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Publicity
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Why are people mad that Rose Garden is great mesos/hour? Having logged hundreds of leech and bossing hours I love some new variety that isn't super sweaty, require a huge team, or fighting for a channel. Who cares if new players are getting access to high tier gear/items easier? I think it's a great way to separate the huge barrier between the rich and poor/casuals and prevent temptation towards RWT. Just my two cents.

Why we got to use these nets though...

12. Aeronautics

Aeronautics Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    corgi oshiri
    Level:
    nii
    Guild:
    inus
    correct me if you think i'm wrong: rg right now is more beneficial to the "rich" players since damage directly affects your farming rate so the gap between the two groups of players would be widening, especially when true "casuals" probably wouldn't farm this content extensively like the hardcore players, which is the same with every other content.

i believe so far the majority of the "nerf plz" comments are coming from people like @lxlx who are actually able to abuse rg rates since they view that this sort of content isn't healthy for the playerbase as it has already made farming extremely monotone.

Moeyuki, degerman123, Zugel and 4 others like this.
  13. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Part of what it does is it homogenizes meso making. Before you had multiple options with various tradeoffs:
    - APQ (low barrier to entry, but need a party and low rates)
    - Leech (high meso, but need to find buyers and can get boring/kill your hands)
    - Bossing (fun, gives exp and maybe reloot chances, but need a party, a bit lower rates, and can be inconsistent depending on the boss)
    - Multi mage (very high meso, but significant setup and lots of work to do)
    - Stopper farm (honestly IDK, ask @Cynn or someone about the pros and cons)

Sure, multi mage and leech were the best but they had significant downsides.
    Rose garden is very high meso, only slightly below multi mage, and all it takes is lv170+ non-NL characters. Seeing as most people want to invest in their attackers/mains anyways, RG can be done in reasonably timed chunks (40 mins, and can just clear the boss if you want something smaller), it gives a BiS ring (at awful rates, but still), and doesn't take any sort of coordinating with other players, it becomes the default choice for anyone who can do it. To put it simpler, if you only have 40 mins to play per day, you run Rose Garden every day and nothing else. So now instead of people doing a variety of activities, there's a lot more just running RG and getting off/running on the next character. I've noticed that it's hard to recruit for other content, except zak is popular right now due to an event boosting it.

Then there's also the economic effects (inflation + speeding up aging of the server) and the fact that it actually makes the rich get richer, not reducing that barrier like you claim.

benkrong, Kenny, lxlx and 3 others like this.
  14. bombalele

bombalele Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    bomberlala
    Level:
    Guild:
    Protagonist
    I am happy that when I only have 40 minutes time to play per day I can run Rose Garden, previously I would only be able to run Shao at most. Any other PQ / bossing / selling leech will require at least one hour to run and also some time to prepare.

When I have more than 40 minutes of time, I could enter RG and while hunting bees I could chat and gather buddies to do something together so I do not have to wait for nothing at FM. It makes the waiting more bearable and Im more willing to spend time in Royals.

I guess if bossing is less lucrative now it will result in less people participating thus less supply, and with the demand of boss drops maintaining the same, we will value the boss drops higher and with the resulting higher price, eventually bossing will be lucrative enough for people to do it again. Imagine an extreme scenario when MW20 is priced at 5b and apples is 20m ea, nobody will say RG is the only meso making method and lets don't do HT or APQ anymore. I don't think we will ever reach that stage considering the price of boss drops didn't really fluctuate that much since introduction of RG and probably equilibrium is either already there or near there.

Sorry if my view is too naive (didn't consider macro economic well enough or whatsoever) but I guess feedback involves both positive feedback and negative feedback, and I would like to express my appreciation to this content from the bottom of my heart.

NasiLemak likes this.
  15. Pure

Pure Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saturn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Trinity
    I just want to touch on these comments briefly.

Rich:
    - Require more funding to make gains
    - # of bees is going to be more stable
    - Most likely spending more mesos on risky investments (CS / WSing items) sinking mesos

Poor:
    - Require less funding to make gains
    - Less stable and lower # of bees due to getting stronger and acquiring more bees over time
    - Most likely making less risky investments for more stable gains

At the end of the day, there are more factors involved than just "More damage = more mesos". This is true, but how are the mesos being spent? You could argue that the poor person could close the gap with the rich person by making better trades/purchases over time. Markets also change over time, so a poorer person might be able to buy something for 10b today, that a richer player purchased for 15b in the past.

In my opinion, whoever is more consistent at running Rose Garden, making the better investments, and is fortunate enough to get a sprinkle of luck, will be the one either closing or widening gaps.

So I don't personally think it's so black and white as people are viewing it. But I definitely could be wrong!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    CodGhost and xDarkomantis like this.
  16. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    For me, I don't apple. I only suggest using apple for RG boss for my guildies who are very weak in gear but using stopper in Stage 1/2 and in bonus. Using apples eats out of the profits for RG, so it's a waste. If apples are 9m ea and you use 4x apples, then that's ~36m = ~7 bees subtracted from your total bee count.

I'm not sure if people are willing to share their bee count besides saying "its OP". So I'll share:

I'm doing RG on Hero, Paladin, and Buccaneer. My Hero/Paladin use Perf Flame Sword+Perf Shield (allows me to have max speed without needing SI), 46cgs (only just recently upgraded 54 ~f14), and 35str top/bot. Bucc uses a perfect King Cent and 22str OA. Before event and post-nerf, my average was ~27 bees on Hero/Paladin. During this event, my average is ~41 bees. I did RG on Bucc before event, and my average was ~20 bees and during this event, it's ~27 bees.

I use Warrior Elixir/Stopper for Stage1/2+Boss and then (mostly) gizer bonus.

Hero

Paladin

Buccaneer

Once this event is over, I plan to drop RG for my bucc and only do on Hero/Paladin to save on mental stress and time.

Saledor likes this.
  17. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I have yet to try using purely stoppers for bonus but ill give it a try tomorrow to see the difference between appling. The thing I am concerned with is the time difference since appling at boss part means boss dies in 4minutes and I get more bonus time. Using stoppers would mean lesser bonus time compared to appling at boss onwards.

Unless you mean like appling at boss and then the first 6minutes of bonus and the remaining bonus time stoppers.

Plus, a lot of time is wasted for me since I only use BM and our mobility is.. crap. More so when I am getting hit by iceshards. Im afraid a lot of stoppers would be wasted when im chasing bees across the map

Thank you for sharing the info!

18. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Yes, only use one apple right when you're attacking Boss. Everything else is stoppers.

Saledor likes this.
  19. SirRetro

SirRetro Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SirRetro
    Level:

its so hard to get decent earnings on RG as a Buccaneer even with full apple run... max is 25 but im not 200 yet

20. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

add an announcement when you hit cap

GunzGaming likes this.