In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Fergerar

Fergerar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NotNando
    I think I can post some feedback after running this content for about a week and a half with 4-5 characters a day (3-4 bonus).

The two biggest concerns for me right now are: 1) the injection of another method to get high amounts of pure raw meso into the economy and 2) bishops are (and have been ever since I started playing around new source) the best class in the game.

There isn't much I can really add about the first point since other people have raised their concerns and mentioned some possible solutions. Maybe a decrease of bonus time should be considered/discussed or making the bees killable so people have to actually pay attention and not just spam attacks.
    Since it is more likely than none of the players have a complete picture of royals economics it will be hard to predict whether this meso injection will be helpfull or harmfull to the server in any term. I guess we gotta trust the admins did their economic projections.

On the second point, I really like that high level archmages have content other than farming (maybe leeching if buyer doesnt mind the level). The only downside is that the class that has been best in the game just became way better. Although bishops and archmages should be the best mobbers, the boss is far to easy and should be more challenging, maybe with no elemental weakness to the elements used by the ultimates or even some elemental resistance (rip my pally).

Other than that the content felt fresh on release and has been added to my dailies when I'm not super busy irl. So far the thread has been a really interesting read, looking forward to reading the next posts.

Raimie and nut like this.
  2. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    What if Rose Garden chest had a chance of giving 1x Chaos Elixir (20 HP) instead of elixir? :chillin:

Gwaihir, coffeethief, Jen123 and 19 others like this.
  3. Dominican

Dominican Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dominican
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    No lié , probably one of The simplest and best ideas I’ve read here in a while

NTR, Javier, CreamGoddess and 2 others like this.
  4. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    Given that the bs have the advantage of harvesting bees faster due to their skills due to their high range, it should be that when a bee comes out, it comes to attack you just by seeing you, thus facilitating the hunt and bonus time is not lost in chase her, I say this for the classes that have little mobility or range!

MaiAh likes this.
  5. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  6. NANI1

NANI1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NANI1
    Level:
    Guild:
    Playboys
    just make the boxes drop mw30 problem resolved

Dominican and JuliusOmega like this.
  7. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    upload_2023-4-14_23-20-41.png
    It's nice that these scrolls are available and all but... rip the market for ring 30s, super cheap now.

I guess good time to start spamming for a good wedding ring?

Carney, Saledor and lxlx like this.
  8. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    How did you guys think mages being able to clear within 5~8 minutes when fairly geared attackers takes 20+ minutes was balanced? It should be the other way around.

Mages needing to clear for 20+ minutes to clear boss for the juicy fairy map and utilize their ultimates to farm bees faster than other classes. Plus being able to spam boss with an ultimate seems stupid of a way to boss; just make the boss immune to ultimates and lower hp for other classes will make this more fair overall.

FuznesS, Gunit and s934 like this.
  9. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    I heard speculations there were shadow nerfs for mages in bon room.

Even if they are not true, I think it's the correct direction.

Keep mage boss the same, decrease bee % from mage ultimate in bon room.
    • Mages should still make more than attackers, but I do not think they should be hitting around 2x as much as attackers.
    • I think 1.2-1.5x more than an attacker is a good number (eg: Funded Bucc: 22 bees, Funded Bishop 35)
    I hear people on their funded mages were getting 40-48 on average before the potential shadow nerfs

Saledor likes this.
  10. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Unlikely, someone just cleared prequest and yolo'd in with a 170 i/l today, got 38 bees

Cynn likes this.
  11. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    hmm well unlucky i guess.

I’m against nerfing mage boss though still.

MoldySoup likes this.
  12. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Here's an actual suggestion. Wanted to run more runs and think deeper before looking for solutions, but it just occurred to me.

Turn bonus mobs much tankier (I'm thinking 3-5x), more spread out so that melee aoe will likely hit 2 on average, 3 at most but not too spread out that mage ult can't catch at least like 5 at a time, and increase bee incidence accordingly.

This will make the single targets (NL, BM) happy, reduce overall mage output (fewer targets for ult) yet keep everyone's meso income relatively even on average and make everyone happier.

Edit: oh and please make bees last longer. I get that you wanted it to keep people alert, but sometimes a bee flies from top left corner across the map to right, and that chase is a good 20-30 seconds. If I could trust that a relatively sped up rotation to right would see the bee stick around I'd come around to it eventually, but as it is now mages (and other major aoes like drk) gets free aggro and everyone else loses huge time, which greatly adds to the mage advantage.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    Sylafia likes this.
  13. CodGhost

CodGhost Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tupac1994
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I haven't been to caught up on this thread. but i was thinking of suggesting something with the mob's etcs. right now there's no use for them, these are just things i had in mind similar to other Locations rewards/Event rewards.
    Making all the etc's either kept as is or untradeable. but make them exchangeable for random rewards such as ring scrolls/earring scrolls since you can earn both the ring and earrings i think that makes sense.
    I also thought about having an NPC where you can exchange x amount of either of the mobs etcs in exchange for the Ifia's Ring/Ifia's Earring ofc while keeping the Godly system for these exchange items. you could also add other items on the exchangeable list. its just something i thought adding wouldn't hurt since Ellin Forrest also had etc exchangeable for random rewards

14. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly

Why should mages be able to kill the boss faster and be able to farm bees faster? I thought this was meant for single client content that every class are able to gain eqally. If they want crazy farm places for mages, just revert the ulu 1 nerf.

15. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Nerf bees for sure for mage farmers, I was in support of that in my posts.

But mages don't get to actually kill any bosses in any other content. This is a good chance for attackers to farm and mages to actually kill a boss.

Increasing clear time on boss for mages by like 2-4minutes doesn't fix the problem I have with Rose Garden.
    • Mages make too much money
    By nerfing Boss clear time, it doesn't do much but save them 2-4 minutes. And if they nerf bee spawn rate for mages, they should not double nerf them by nerfing both clear time of boss and drop rate, it would be too harsh.

16. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    Harsh how? Be on par or being put on the same level of pace with other classes? I wouldn't call that harsh. Even with the double nerf, its going to outperform all other classes in farming mesos.

Its axiomatic that mages, that uses ultimate skill which hits 15 mobs, should be MUCH slower at bossing than single target skills done by other classes.

Yeah mages don't usually boss, but I didn't say make it impossible to clear. Just make it 20+ min for decently geared mages to clear boss and ~10min for an decently geared attacker. This would make the content much more balanced out.

frozenrain, s934 and Sylafia like this.
  17. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

Be careful what you wish for, I don't think you want everyone's mages stuck inside RG for 1h+ each :X

Kung likes this.
  18. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I still have yet to see evidence of these full channels and I've been running 4x daily.

Most ccs I ever had to surf was like 7.

19. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

They were completely full yesterday around 6am servertime and I've seen smegas at certain times of the day asking for "anyone leaving rose garden soon?" Ended up camping a channel at the portal while farming on another client and I saw the same few IGNs surf through 6+ times. Also when the person in the channel finally left, they weren't even a mage (and it took almost a 30min wait).

Today I deliberately tried right at egg pq time so I *only* surfed 10+ channels.

Also I can't believe some people actually want ulti-immune boss, what do bishops have left? Magic claw, 3rd job dragon and Big Bang. Bishop is my least favorite mage class to play and I'm defending them here... -.-'

MoldySoup, NTR, Kung and 2 others like this.
  20. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    Then how would you balance it? The content is obviously not balanced, just go look at skele people trying to grind mages to run rose garden 24/7. Mages getting 50+ fairies is just not right.

Contents that are hard to do, should be rewarded. Things like getting a buyer for leech, recruiting 20 people for a boss, etc… Not just spamming ultimate at boss watching netflix shouldnt be rewarded.