Staff team changes

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Josh, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai

Kai Donator

Maybe I phrased my words poorly, shouldn't have used always, but rather very frequently. Is that better?

I'm not sure what strategy there is to hunting down the mob, because it spawns randomly across Maple World. So it can literally be anywhere. But one must also consider their daily dose of luck. Maybe they were just extremely lucky, who knows. Only they know.

With all due respect that I have for you as well, I too am speaking up with knowledge that I have about the spawn of the mobs, since I was still in Staff when it was implemented. As for other parts, it's just an assumption so do take it with a pinch of salt. If it's not true, then great. Likewise I'm also waiting for their reply to all the points mentioned in this thread (as well as the others).

Relmy and Noobie like this.
  2. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    At that point, they may as well had spawned P Slimes for themselves (hopefully that's not the case just to add).

Edit: If the ex-GMs have revealed that the most of the Staff don't play game(or rarely do) and haven't even reached Horntail or Auf (which isn't even difficult to do lol...), these Staff members need to be forced to make feedback threads and go into discussions like the rest of the players. In my opinion, they should have less weighting on the game's gameplay due to their inexperience.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Joez likes this.
  3. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    no, its not, you could say often too, youre missing my point, i wouldnt reply if the comment was just made by noobie, bcs well, hes a noobie, but if you think about it, its not that hard how the strategy works, mules and friedns, we could talk about it later, but just think in someone like iamquoka that manage to find the last golden mush in around 15 mins just to lvl 200 with it, or this guy who have found a shit ton of withe ladys posted on acomplishment thread, theres obviously a strategy,believe me i know how to hunt aswell, theres always "tricks",btw im not saying youre dumb, smart ppl can say dumb things sometimes, is just that this seemed way of topic in a thread that actually adresses some really important things(some of them brought up by you) i would not like to discuss this any further, since and i think well agree, theres more important things to discuss here...

Jesseh, Zusti, SprungDK and 2 others like this.
  4. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Bro the golden mushroom is so easy to hunt but nobody has any idea how.

The only thing that I can confirm is matt sharing(in alliance chat) how the spawntimes work while nobody knew(I tried timing it several times, so I'm sure some vets have a very clear idea on how it works).

It doesn't take more than a day to set up a consistent timer, and since matt has a nl, he is very mobile.

Every single guild can hunt them if they wanted to but I'm sure nobody wants to split the rewards between 6 people considering how time consuming it is.

If no one is hunting mush and they both only log in to kill it, it is quite obvious they would kill lots of them.

I feel like y'all are reaching a bit, but maybe they were looking into the location, I don't know anymore.

All I'm saying is that with 2 brain cells anyone could hunt the mush, build themselves a route, and set up a timer to understand when it spawns.

Also notice mooshy's question lol
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/golden-mushroom-drops.165788/#post-1000030

Hamil, Hae, UrbanJuggernaut and 4 others like this.
  5. Kai

Kai Donator

Thanks for bringing this up. Indeed it's a concern, and I believe this is still within range of what this Josh hopes to achieve out of this thread.

Maybe Matt can enlighten us on exactly what kind of info Becca has, or had, access to, which no other staffs were given access other than the admins, and what did Becca do with those info.

Alstero, ginwolf, Penny and 3 others like this.
  6. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Ok this is very off-topic and I must speak up here to stop this conspiracy. Can you please define "continuously"? I have actively hunted both mushroom and white lady and I do NOT recall either of them "continuously" find the mushroom/white lady. In addition, they work hard just like the rest of us in-game because I continuously found them hunting cards/event items whenever they are free. Just because they are staff doesn't mean they can't enjoy their own event, eh? Just because you couldn't find mushroom/white lady doesn't mean they are abusing their power. There is definitely a strategy to hunt them down but I won't share to you, go figure out yourself

Dasha, Virgo, Tsue and 2 others like this.
  7. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    Hunting the White Lady is probably just a bonding activity for them that they spend a lot of time doing. I don't think they would cheat, as they both care a lot about this server and wouldn't want to ruin an event that was intended for everybody.

In saying that, they probably should have been a bit more careful about how it might come across to others.

LLew, Dasha, Penny and 5 others like this.
  8. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Ermm..guys i think hamburg and i let it very clear, kai liking our post maybe means he understood what we meant, lets just forget about that comment, new ppl seeing all of this tend to make conspirations.

Jesseh, Zusti, DragonBear and 6 others like this.
  9. kagamaliya

kagamaliya Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    heroicburn
    Level:
    17x
    I believe there ought to be better transparency and disclosure, in particular by senior members of Staff. As a casual player myself who hardly pays attention matters on the forum prior to what has happened in the past few weeks, I was unaware that Becca was dating Matt until the recent happenings and it is rather disconcerting to me that Becca, despite being held out as a GM, has access to logs that should only be available to Administrators, although I believe that if there was any use of the data, this was done in utmost good faith.

If I have misunderstood the situation (as my understanding is based entirely on replies that have been made by both esteemed players and ex-members of Staff across various feedback threads), and am indeed wrong on this matter, I sincerely apologise in advance and will retract the entirety of what I have said and delete this reply in due course.

10. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    With the exception of our head dev and web dev all current members of staff have now read this thread at some point during its course. We await their response however I would like to advocate for the following:

- overhaul of current staff roster as mentioned by Josh
    - recruitment of new staff based on June’s template presented on page 4, which provides a much more accurate representation of what are the essential qualities a staff member should have to advocate for this server’s players
    - establishment of a preliminary admin team once the staff roster has been confirmed
    - beyond the GMs who I think should be overhauled, it is my belief that Tim should resign based on what has transpired in the other feedback thread. However, an adequate handover and training for the incoming administrative team should be a minimum to ensure smooth transition
    - clear delegation of workload and staff direction, including open communication and disclosure to the community about staff dynamics and aims of the staff team should be an absolute priority

This server has been my home outside of my real life commitments over the last 2 years and many of my close friends have been made through Royals. My suggestions above will likely seem hostile towards most of the current staff however and I’m not going to sugarcoat with “no offence” or “I have no malevolent intentions towards you” because that is really up to your judgment of how I’ve conducted my forum responses over the years.

I want the best for this server and I want to enjoy the best of this server with my friends. I hope that this feedback thread will be a catalyst for change, and I agree with Kai that a top-down approach is the best way to ensure this happens. I am henceforth calling upon some leadership and responsibility from the ones who run this server because without you all, there is no MapleRoyals but without your players and your dedicated staff members, what kind of MapleRoyals will you end up with?

^-^, Kentavious, christie97 and 9 others like this.
  11. Noobie

Noobie Well-Known Member

Level:
    I notice them found the white lady 6 times in a row and i take screenshot all of that, are they really that lucky ? ~f6~f6~f6

Tako Yuet likes this.
  12. Kai

Kai Donator

Yup, what Relmy said. I thought about it a little more and you guys are right, they both have the rights to enjoy the game like anyone else and it's unfair that I placed them under the spotlight in the way I did. I'd like to retract my earlier statement and apologise to the both of them.

However, the reason why I'm scrutinizing Matt is because only he has access to the spawn logs. I want to seek his clarification on why can't the logs be made available to all Staff, or why is it even logged in the first place, and for what purpose? If the purpose has to deal with hackers, then I'm sorry to say that it is a lame reason, because whoever killed it will have his/her IGN announced and everyone will know who killed it, so there's really no need for the spawn to be logged in the first place.

Basically, the server has grown exponentially over the years. Even though this is his (Matt) server, I think it's really inappropriate if he still has the "my server my rules" mentality. We're no longer a 100-player server. We're a 2000-player server (well, assuming the counts are all unique players...).

Alstero and Noobie like this.
  13. Noobie

Noobie Well-Known Member

Level:
    And those players donate to the server (dont talk about me, i didnt donate to this at all uwu)

Kai likes this.
  14. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Some of this has been/was discussed previously- but it's really a "I'll believe it when it happens" sort of situation.

We've needed more admins for ages- I don't see Matt adding more, and I don't see Tim leaving either. Admins are the bottle neck and the only solution is allowing other staff access to specific admin only tasks/info or more admins. Personally, I think both are necessary but I'm an optimist. I'm also a realist and won't hold my breathe. I mean- realistically who is there to pick from? Joel and Chok are probably the two best candidates, but that doesn't mean they want it. Kai is gone. Yan is gone. Everyone else is either new, or on the shit end of the stick in terms of standing with Staff and the last thing we need is more drama.

Alstero, ginwolf, Penny and 3 others like this.
  15. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    With the amount of gm incidents in the past , HEHE DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'm not surprised Matt is hesitant to add more admins to the team. I know for a fact that back when I was still around they were considering adding more admins to the team, but unfortunately the suited candidates either had no interest or had little time available. I can not say for sure now, but at the time the difference in how much access a gm had compared to an admin was enormous. With that said the amount of trust Matt has to have in you has to be significantly high for him to trust you with the role of admin, but of course the other admin(s) also have to be in agreement.

I'm sorry to hear some of the problems that existed back then still exist in present time though, I wish it would've improved on that part.
    I hope your feedback helps improve the situation within staff if possible, as it saddens me to see players and former staff members being disappointed with the situation.

#FreeDimitri #Dimitri2021

Punk, TBK, Alstero and 15 others like this.
  16. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    ^ i am sorry that was not you but it was some other memer

17. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    No no, that was Charlie. He was a gm that spawned p slimes for himself and his friends.

Punk, Alstero, Chrille and 6 others like this.
  18. kagamaliya

kagamaliya Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    heroicburn
    Level:
    17x
    That’s Charlie LOL

Penny and Tentomon like this.
  19. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    That's not him

Please don't anyhow point fingers lol

ginwolf, Penny and Kai like this.
  20. Josh

Josh Donator

yes, Joel and Chok are the two best candidates we currently have, especially since they're two of the most neutral and longest-serving Staff members. but they don't have the level of game experience i personally think is absolutely necessary for an Admin. this is exactly why we desperately need a Staff overhaul and for the deadweight incumbents to step away. you guys are dragging each other down and taking the server with you. realistically speaking though, i'd be surprised if we get any genuinely suitable applications after this entire episode

nevertheless, maybe it'd be good if the Staff team asks themselves why committed people like Kai and Yan left. it's time to identify the root(s) of the problems and have the guts to address them

^-^, TBK, DragonBear and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.